PDA

View Full Version : I'm not in the top 3 raiding guilds. How do I get my epic?

sox7d
12-09-2013, 04:35 AM
Is there anyway to tag-along with semi-public raids against VS or CT and grab an epic piece? Or are those pretty much locked down and epic pieces are sold off for MQs?

Pint
12-09-2013, 05:18 AM
better start farming that platinum monies or guild up

uygi
12-09-2013, 05:28 AM
You're a wizard? If you ask nicely FE will include you for the CT portion. I imagine TMO would share as well at this point. The Gnarled Staff is going to be a problem, though. I believe FE, TMO and IB all need those still for active mains.

Not sure I've ever seen a gnarled staff MQ for sale.

Elements
12-09-2013, 10:21 AM
Join one of the guilds. Work hard, put in your time, wait you turn.

freez
12-09-2013, 10:24 AM

Raavak
12-09-2013, 10:31 AM
You're a wizard? If you ask nicely FE will include you for the CT portion. I imagine TMO would share as well at this point. The Gnarled Staff is going to be a problem, though. I believe FE, TMO and IB all need those still for active mains.

Not sure I've ever seen a gnarled staff MQ for sale.Yeah, Gnarled Staff is in high demand with members. Sorry man, but don't hold your breath.

Atmas
12-09-2013, 10:39 AM
If you are a wizard, your options are join one of those guilds and wait your turn.

Or

Wait until Velious launches, things like VS will probably be less contested. Eventually the piece from Cazic will be replaced by a piece from a mob that serves no other purpose so won't be killed as much hopefully.

Ele
12-09-2013, 11:03 AM
Venril Sathir becomes a 3 day spawn about a month after the Planar revamps and Epic changes ~4 months after Velious releases (Undead Bard, Triggered Faydedar, Broken Golem, etc, No Ragefire changes though).

On a normal time line this would have occurred 1 year after Kunark's release; however, we are in an extended timeline of Kunark P99 due to development. We are going on 34 months of Kunark versus 8 months of Kunark on live and 2 years of epic farming/MQing before Velious where there was basically 3.5 months and people had to figure the quests out from scratch.

Unless all the top guilds are raid suspended, I wouldn't count on their being public pick up raids on these targets. You'll either need to join one of those guilds and put in time, or wait for Velious and the epic changes + VS spawn change, even then people will still want to kill him for their alt wizard's epic.

sox7d
12-09-2013, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the info, everyone. I appreciate it.

I don't think you understand why one makes a wizard.

Off to go kill myself.

Thulack
12-09-2013, 01:52 PM

Off to go kill myself.

If you wanted a easy epic shoulda played a rogue,shaman,monk,cleric :(

BlkCamel
12-09-2013, 02:25 PM

Off to go kill myself.

Epics were designed to force people into guilds.

kotton05
12-09-2013, 02:42 PM
Epics on this server are all sold

khanable
12-09-2013, 02:44 PM
The epic scene is rough. Unguided.. I don't think you'll ever see it.

Good luck!

Elements
12-09-2013, 04:04 PM

Off to go kill myself.

Just tellin it like it is.

Itap
12-09-2013, 04:34 PM
Off to go kill myself.

You don't want to die without ever getting your epic, bro

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
12-09-2013, 04:44 PM
Time to guild up and put in your time. They're called epics for a reason.

uygi
12-09-2013, 05:18 PM
Even after Velious is released, the epic mobs are going to remain fairly contested for a good while. They won't be as cutthroat as they are now, but TMO/IB/FE will still want epics, and there are a LOT of people of varying degrees of hardcore-ness that will be there to pick up any slack. Just like now, the people willing to put in the most "effort" will be the ones walking away with the loot, but the level of poopiness will probably drop an order of magnitude.

Sadly the "easing up" of the wizard epic that eventually comes isn't really any help here, because at this point CT skin turnins are pretty openly shared. On Live people usually didn't know (or weren't organized enough) to share their Arontirs.