PDA

View Full Version : Brewing Alcohol

clypso
12-09-2013, 03:51 AM
Sorry if im posting this in the wrong spot. Or if i missed some one elses thread on this. But i am interested in becoming a master brewer. Now im wondering .. Becoming a master brewer would give me the ability to make different alcoholic/non-alcoholic drinks. Now I want to know. Is there a link that talks all about the training of this. #2 What benefits is there from this? There seems none. #3 Is there any drinks that can be made that are either impossible to find at merchants or extremely rare to find? Thank you. Also last thing ... Isnt this good for warriors to drink alcohol when fighting ? Lol just wondering..

clypso
12-09-2013, 03:55 AM
ALso i have this vision. I want to go around giving out free booze to people getting them drunk. Like a drunk santa. Some reason this idea brings me joy

Laugher
12-09-2013, 03:58 AM
Not sure about drinks you can't get from merchants but I leveled my brewing up to 185 for ~1k or a little less between west and east freeport, cheap and easy to level for a tradeskill and can help you get your tailoring skill up at earlier levels with cured silk armor.

*edit* digging drunk santa idea :)

clypso
12-09-2013, 04:04 AM
Lol yea. I seen this wiki page and it says theres alot of them that merchants wont sell. Not sure how updated it is thow

clypso
12-09-2013, 04:09 AM
Isnt there a place in Kaladim that sells some book or something? *Is in kaladim right now searching*

clypso
12-09-2013, 04:12 AM
Also my players name is Clypso . In case you wanna drop by and give me some liquir wisdom =D

myriverse
12-09-2013, 08:00 AM
EQTraders.com (http://www.eqtraders.com/articles/article_page.php?article=g22&menustr=040030000000)

zanderklocke
12-09-2013, 08:28 AM
The wiki page for brewing will tell you everything you need to know to level up brewing. I followed the guide on there all the way to 200.

thieros
12-09-2013, 09:49 AM
Benefit: not much, but one benefit is you become able to brew tempers for smithing that trivial at 135. You can get to this by creating heady kiola's which are also used for cured silk armor and later with velious master wu's. Think of brewing as a nice supplemental tradeskill.

Also, im sure its needed for coldain shawl down the road.

One last perk, drinking alcohol gives +STR, so by providing alcohol on raids, you can help people boost their str beyond buffs for melees that arent maxed on STR

Kender
12-09-2013, 04:09 PM
you need brewing for the 7th coldain prayer shawl (162 triv)

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
12-09-2013, 04:43 PM
Isn't Highpass one of the best crafting locations in the game?

Kender
12-09-2013, 06:16 PM
oh and also coldain ring 9 (248 triv)

zanderklocke
12-09-2013, 07:26 PM
High pass rocks for pottery.

I did all brewing in Freeport...varied by which zone of Freeport though depending on what I was making.

kaev
12-09-2013, 11:57 PM
Zanderr's right, very easy to skill-up brewing in Freeport, and the critical info in the wiki (i.e. recipes & trivials) is good.

Vendor info in the wiki was/is iffy. When I was skilling smithing and brewing it seemed like a lot of vendor info was taken straight from live fansites that have post revamp locations & inventories. Just spend a little time running around and checking vendor inventories against ingredient lists before deciding what to brew and you'll be good to go.

Handull
12-10-2013, 01:00 AM
the wiki is great for sorting out what combines exist on p99. for vendors, check out eqtraders, spot on with what merchant has what and where each item is. I enjoyed brewing in FV, had one merchant right next to a still, and other supplies were sold nearby. Since the merchants were little used, I could buy up a ton of the nearby supplies and sell them to the merchant next to the still, then buy/sell/craft rapidfire. cheap skill to level up too, just don't go past 200 with it unless you really really want to. you only get one tradeskill (the first you break 200 with) to go to 250, the rest will cap at 200 (excluding racial/class-based skills).

thieros
12-10-2013, 10:53 AM
neriak foreign quarters is great too. everything you need to get to 135 is right there in zone a stones throw from the brew barrel