PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever seen Scorpion Meat?

Portasaurus
12-07-2013, 11:18 PM
Checked the pit of Scorpikis in Overthere, nothing. Checked all the scorps in Field of Bone, nothing. Is there anywhere else to look?

Thanks!

Swish
12-07-2013, 11:42 PM
Allakhazam (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=15205) was no help on this really... maybe it isn't meant to be in yet?

Langrisserx
12-08-2013, 12:06 AM
oh gotcha... not an anthromorphic scorpion with a dick

Swish
12-08-2013, 12:08 AM
And check out what was available off a vendor in Shadowhaven (Luclin)...things were definitely getting too easy :/

Daliea Saeiersa located in Shadow Haven just passed the Echo Cavern entrance on left side, second vendor. She sells the following in mass quantities:

Lion Meat Stew
Bear Meat Stew
Boiled Snake Stew
Rabbit Stew
Bunny Stew
Wolf Stew
Sonic Wolf Delight
Grimling Stew
Rockhopper Stew
Spit
Scorpion Meat
Bear Meat
Lion Meat
Gator Meat
Rat Meat
Snake Meat

mtb tripper
12-08-2013, 12:25 AM
should drop from scorpions in field of bone

Portasaurus
12-08-2013, 12:50 AM
And check out what was available off a vendor in Shadowhaven (Luclin)...things were definitely getting too easy :/

Oh man yeah I saw that and felt a distinct pain inside me somewhere in the heart region.

myriverse
12-08-2013, 09:23 AM
Yeah, how dare they remove that ridiculous tradeskill timesink...

NachtMystium
12-08-2013, 10:22 AM
Yeah, how dare they remove that ridiculous tradeskill timesink...

with that kind of logic might as well just remove the leveling "timesink" too eh?

Thulack
12-08-2013, 10:34 AM
with that kind of logic might as well just remove the leveling "timesink" too eh?

The whole game is a Timesink. Yes while they made things easier it also because alot more of a fun game for the casual player. Everyone that sits here and complains about all the crap thats wrong with p99(clusterfuck at top end etc were all solved later on in EQ)

myriverse
12-08-2013, 12:09 PM
The key word there was "ridiculous." Like Thulack says, everything is a timesink, but some are more absurd than others.

radditsu
12-08-2013, 12:26 PM
I dated a scorpion once.

His meat was huge.

Swish
12-08-2013, 01:35 PM
I dated a scorpion once.

His meat was huge.

How did it end? Fatality?

radditsu
12-08-2013, 01:39 PM
How did it end? Fatality?

Let's just say it was a sticky situation.

Hahahaha

heazels
12-08-2013, 04:53 PM
it drops from OT scorpions

maybe?

Portasaurus
12-12-2013, 11:01 PM
Yeah I feel like I saw it in OT a couple of years ago here on p1999. Maybe I just need to keep killing more scorpikis?

This is the equivalent of my epic for how I play this game: http://wiki.project1999.com/Scorpion_Sandwich

I think my favorite part about p1999 is how it isn't real life.

SandwichQuest™

Let the time sink begin!

radditsu
12-12-2013, 11:16 PM
That is a meal.

ctechguy
12-13-2013, 01:04 PM
I think a wholllleee lot of groupies saw "Scorpion Meat" back in the 1980's, but personally, I'm glad I haven't.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_26QJBcCUFjg/SkLWu_6nc1I/AAAAAAAAAXo/EKMJwgngunY/s1600/scorpions_band.jpg

Portasaurus
12-22-2013, 11:14 PM
it drops from OT scorpions

maybe?

After about a dozen Scorpiki kills in OT, I'm still unable to locate the elusive Scorpion Meat.

Anyone seen this recently?

Portasaurus
01-28-2014, 02:17 AM
SandwichQuest update:

Spent another couple hours in FoB tonight trying to find Scorpion Meat. Got a few Iksar to help out (thanks Skorpion and the group at the ramp!). Between all of us there must have been 100 scorpions in the slaughter. Big ones, small ones, giant ones, heart-stinging ones... if "scorpion" was in the name, it died. Through it all, nobody found one meat.

Someone in OOC said they had "just vendored one" but I think I was being trolled. Successful troll, too, because I stayed there for 2 more hours -- initially very excited at the promise of scorpion meat in my near future -- only to have my excitement slowly fade and finally settle into a wash of disappointment and boredom.

If scorpion meat is supposed to be here, it's broken. :(

The people demand scorpion meat!!!

SteeleGaming
01-28-2014, 02:23 AM
We demand Scoprion Meat for Portasaurus!

(Love Torgoth the Iksar you ported!)

gprater
01-28-2014, 07:23 AM
i was one of the noobs you buffed on the ramp. Was really helping until some dork changed everyone in the zone to the spectre illusion. Trooper Taer is an Iksar noob's best friend but he does not like spectres and killed so many of us while running to his secure arms:)

SandwichQuest update:

Spent another couple hours in FoB tonight trying to find Scorpion Meat. Got a few Iksar to help out (thanks Skorpion and the group at the ramp!). Between all of us there must have been 100 scorpions in the slaughter. Big ones, small ones, giant ones, heart-stinging ones... if "scorpion" was in the name, it died. Through it all, nobody found one meat.

Someone in OOC said they had "just vendored one" but I think I was being trolled. Successful troll, too, because I stayed there for 2 more hours -- initially very excited at the promise of scorpion meat in my near future -- only to have my excitement slowly fade and finally settle into a wash of disappointment and boredom.

If scorpion meat is supposed to be here, it's broken. :(

The people demand scorpion meat!!!

baalzy
01-28-2014, 01:29 PM
i was one of the noobs you buffed on the ramp. Was really helping until some dork changed everyone in the zone to the spectre illusion. Trooper Taer is an Iksar noob's best friend but he does not like spectres and killed so many of us while running to his secure arms:)

I find that funny.

Portasaurus
01-28-2014, 01:51 PM
Scouring the internet (to the best of my abilities), the most recent mention of "scorpion meat" along with the word "everquest" seems to be from ~2001.

On the Allakhazam Baking page, it looks like "scorpion meat" was first mentioned in the comments in April 2001. So, that means that come-Velious, scorpion meat should drop and it should also be bake-able.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/skills.html?skill=3&p=6#m98768531310496

But the real question is: did the recipe/meat exist before Velious?

If anyone has good web-sleuthing skills and could help find an earlier reference to "scorpion meat" and "everquest" that would be awesome! If I can prove that it should exist, I can create a bug thread for it.

myriverse
01-28-2014, 03:28 PM
Just a theory, but I'm betting not since the scorpion sandwich has stats. Stat foods and food durations were added in April 2001.

Portasaurus
01-28-2014, 03:39 PM
Just a theory, but I'm betting not since the scorpion sandwich has stats. Stat foods and food durations were added in April 2001.

Oh god don't say that. No stat foods = I kill myself IRL.

myriverse
01-28-2014, 03:57 PM
Pretty sure the client just makes it look like we get benefit from stat food. It's really all in our heads, and Devs have been aware of this for a while.