PDA

View Full Version : BRAD HAS SPOKEN ABOUT EPIC (no troll)

SamwiseRed
12-06-2013, 10:20 PM
so i did some serious nerding a few weeks ago about epic MQs not being classic. i said fuck it and emailed brad about it lul. he responded with this.

http://i.imgur.com/AykNDlt.jpg

the MAN has spoken. remove MQ from epics for the love of BRAD and Classic EQ!

edit: wow that email made half sense, surprised he responded. i kinda did it on the fly so sorry if i sound retarded.

SamwiseRed
12-06-2013, 10:27 PM
http://i.imgur.com/0MDiy.jpg

skorge
12-06-2013, 10:34 PM
so i did some serious nerding a few weeks ago about epic MQs not being classic. i said fuck it and emailed brad about it lul. he responded with this.

edit: wow that email made half sense, surprised he responded. i kinda did it on the fly so sorry if i sound retarded.

lol man i just read your email, i bet you probably didn't care what you typed because you probably didnt expect him to respond, haha, but he did...goes to show you that you never know, on that note it would have cool if he gave you a definite yes or no type answer, lol

SamwiseRed
12-06-2013, 10:37 PM
ya i regret not spending more than 1 min typing it. i honestly didnt think he would read it. im dum.

Barkingturtle
12-06-2013, 10:47 PM
If I were him I would have just said, "pity reply".

SamwiseRed
12-06-2013, 10:48 PM
i actually agree with u

fuark
12-06-2013, 11:54 PM
Dude I would print that shit out and hang it on the wall. (srs)

If you ever see him in RL make sure to get it signed.

Swish
12-07-2013, 01:02 AM

lol'd

BillyCranston
12-07-2013, 01:08 AM
It will never be changed here, because the developers and coders of the original game couldn't get it removed, and chose to leave it in the game. There was never a poll asking the player base if [SOE should spend money, time, and resources to remove MQ] MQ was an issue. I would venture that like most here, 99% of the original EQ player base would have had no idea a level 1 Rogue was capable of wielding an epic, or any other class could just pay platinum for someone else to do all the work for their epic for them by doing one or two final turn-ins rather than the actual length of the quest.

Paying for loot rights for tagging along on a raid to get your pieces to do the turn ins yourself, sure. But who are we kidding? Something like this won't get changed to better the economy, remove a good portion of the scams, or make the server more classic; so we're all just playing forumquest when it comes to multiquesting.

It's bullshit, and it was never abused like it is here, just like swarm kiting and a load of other one-off "classic" mechanics that the majority of people choose to use and abuse day in and day out here. Bards swarm kiting an entire zone to PL people in some of the most popular leveling zones, happened every day on every server. Totally would have been accepted by GMs as acceptable behavior after more than two people in separate areas of a zone would have petitioned about someone literally pulling every mob for themselves. That is about as far from the Everquest "Play Nice" policy I have ever heard.

Swish
12-07-2013, 01:17 AM
It's bullshit, and it was never abused like it is here

That's the problem with "here" though. People's shortcuts catch on, and before you know it everyone is at it. I'd ban MQ'ing tomorrow if I could... but to ban it would be "not classic" :/

SamwiseRed
12-07-2013, 01:22 AM
brads will is my command. it will be done, thy kingdom come.

khanable
12-07-2013, 01:29 AM
50+ for epics

c'mon do it

Tasslehofp99
12-07-2013, 01:40 AM
Some REAL nonclassic features of p99 that hurt the server: spawn variance (regular or extended) and the rules in VP (training wasn't condoned or encouraged by live CSR, it was in fact enforced as griefing/zone disruption and a bannable/suspendable offense) which certain people are pushing to.get applied to ToV/ST in velious.

Training was never tolerated by live CSR staff, yet it goes on here everyday. I can't speak for the validity of epic MQs being classic or not but it is super lame, not as lame as GM sanctioned training between raiding guilds or extended variance. Atleast epic mqs give folks who aren't into raiding.thr.option of acquiring their epics, where as training in VP is simply a griefing tactic used to stall/prevent guilds from engaging dragons.

I mean just the other day I'm in VP tracking a dragon and 4 TMO members spent ovet an.hour glitching their pets around the zone in order to proc wurm AE's on me while I tracked. There was no reason for it nor did it do anything but force me to log out for 5 minutes. Just an example of more non-classic features on p99, but apparently only one group of players on the server are allowed to push for rule changes. This was made plenty evident from the past when other guilds employed TMO's own tactics against them in VP only to be told less than 24 hours later by a GM it wasn't allowed anymore since we were able to avoid TMO trains and pull dragons at free will using their own tactics they'd been using for over 2 years against them.

The main issue seems to be that the people who benefit most from these nonclassic features are the ones who push hardest to keep them on p99. I mean you gotta provide proof of something being nonclassic usually before anything is changed, except there is plenty of evidence that training wasn't allowed ever and variance never existed in the way p99 has implemented; yet those policies remain in place for whatever reason. Too bad too, VP would have been insanely more fun through kunark without dumbass training. I guess the people pushing for it to remain are just bad players who can't engage/kill dragons without training all competition first!

Just really sucks that such minor nonclassic additions ruin p99 for so many of us though! I mean I love it here and appreciate everything the staff has done just wish there was more consistency when it comes to classic vs nonclassic rule&policy implementation. Especially when it continually benefits the same group of players over and over despite said group's blatant history of asshattery, rule breaking, cheating, and abuse towards the server's players. I know ill probably get flamed for how true this post is but whatever just take it how you will; most of the players here know already anyway!

Tiggles
12-07-2013, 02:16 AM
Agreed epics need to be 46+

Also make rogue epic require Trak guts.

Lojik
12-07-2013, 02:22 AM
Agreed epics need to be 46+

Also make rogue epic require Trak guts.

And a prismatic scale

indiscriminate_hater
12-07-2013, 03:52 AM
wipe it clean IMO

Glitterati
12-07-2013, 04:03 AM
Some REAL nonclassic features of p99 that hurt the server: spawn variance (regular or extended) and the rules in VP (training wasn't condoned or encouraged by live CSR, it was in fact enforced as griefing/zone disruption and a bannable/suspendable offense) which certain people are pushing to.get applied to ToV/ST in velious.

Training was never tolerated by live CSR staff, yet it goes on here everyday. I can't speak for the validity of epic MQs being classic or not but it is super lame, not as lame as GM sanctioned training between raiding guilds or extended variance. Atleast epic mqs give folks who aren't into raiding.thr.option of acquiring their epics, where as training in VP is simply a griefing tactic used to stall/prevent guilds from engaging dragons.

I mean just the other day I'm in VP tracking a dragon and 4 TMO members spent ovet an.hour glitching their pets around the zone in order to proc wurm AE's on me while I tracked. There was no reason for it nor did it do anything but force me to log out for 5 minutes. Just an example of more non-classic features on p99, but apparently only one group of players on the server are allowed to push for rule changes. This was made plenty evident from the past when other guilds employed TMO's own tactics against them in VP only to be told less than 24 hours later by a GM it wasn't allowed anymore since we were able to avoid TMO trains and pull dragons at free will using their own tactics they'd been using for over 2 years against them.

The main issue seems to be that the people who benefit most from these nonclassic features are the ones who push hardest to keep them on p99. I mean you gotta provide proof of something being nonclassic usually before anything is changed, except there is plenty of evidence that training wasn't allowed ever and variance never existed in the way p99 has implemented; yet those policies remain in place for whatever reason. Too bad too, VP would have been insanely more fun through kunark without dumbass training. I guess the people pushing for it to remain are just bad players who can't engage/kill dragons without training all competition first!

Just really sucks that such minor nonclassic additions ruin p99 for so many of us though! I mean I love it here and appreciate everything the staff has done just wish there was more consistency when it comes to classic vs nonclassic rule&policy implementation. Especially when it continually benefits the same group of players over and over despite said group's blatant history of asshattery, rule breaking, cheating, and abuse towards the server's players. I know ill probably get flamed for how true this post is but whatever just take it how you will; most of the players here know already anyway!

you are a fucktard

Tasslehofp99
12-07-2013, 04:22 AM
you are a fucktard

How come?

Reguiy
12-07-2013, 04:29 AM
He's probably referring to the book you just wrote on a topic that isn't even relevant to this thread.

Tasslehofp99
12-07-2013, 04:42 AM
Its pretty relevant considering the OP concerns an argument over whether or not epic MQs to lowbies is classic. I brought up 2 non-classic features of p99 that have been proven to be non-classic in the past yet still remain part of p99 for whatever reasons. I brought these 2 things up to illustrate that classic or not matters not when it.comes to certain mechanics/policies on this server.

I'm sorry that the average persons attention span is too short to actually read a thread and make certain connections by processing the information. But look at what I say and you will see that I'm just reiterating what has been said in the past, and what is generally known. Tona of people make bank selling epic mqs, obviously they would do what they can to keep the MQs from being nerfed. Sort of in the same way TMO monopolized content for 2 years and then did everything they could to keep it that way.

Guess that makes me a fucktard? Lol oh well, atleast I'm capable of thought.

heazels
12-07-2013, 06:19 AM
Does nobody remember that EPICS WERE NERFED ON LIVE TO REQUIRE lvl 50+??? Verant did a lot of undocumented stealh nerfs like this.

justin2090
12-07-2013, 09:01 AM
Prolly would be easier to put a lvl requirement on the epic. That way it doesn't kill the MQ market. I hate level requirements on anything cause it reminds me of WoW. However with a level requirement epic it wouldn't kill the MQ market.

This would be a nice compromise between MQ-sellers and nerf-MQ-people. But if your ultimate goal is to get epic rots off a dragon then this probably isn't the answer.

myriverse
12-07-2013, 09:41 AM
^ Agreed, Justin. Nothing you're gonna do about MQing. It's pretty much classic, even if it's not desired or intended. Just have the damn epic toy not work unless you're 50.

Tasslehofp99
12-07-2013, 09:53 AM
Mages can't use their epic till 50, so why should anyone else be able to? /thread

Nune
12-07-2013, 10:02 AM
go outside more

astuce999
12-07-2013, 12:06 PM
Going to look for more information, but I used to do the bard epic a lot to sell to players back in the PoP days, and I vaguely remember there being a level requirement for them to be able to receive the award. A quick search on the forums so far has yielded this:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=756

min level
QuoteReply
# Dec 22 2009 at 9:57 AM Rating: Decent
joz
Scholar
41 posts
can a level 41 bard go thorugh the quest and get the epic done?

Edited, Dec 22nd 2009 11:02am by joz
▲ Page top
Re: min level
QuoteReply
# Dec 22 2009 at 11:43 AM Rating: Decent
Yther
Guru
2,398 posts
Most Epic 1.0 NPCs won't deal with you until 45, and some not till 50, unless it's been changed in the last year or so, and undocumented in the patch notes.

EDIT: Also, Plane of Fear is 46+ to enter, irrc.
Just finished doing this quest the other day and a few things to note, so you don't get confused with the conflicting information:

The turn in for the Mystical Lute Head:
1) Backbone of an Ancient Fishman - Kedge Backbone from Phinigel Autropos in Kedge Keep.
2) Amalgam Tentacle - Amygdalan Tendril from Plane of Fear.
3) Petrified Skull of a Lycanthrope - Petrified Werewolf Skull from Karnor's Castle off a Drolvarg Warlord.

Take all 3 items and the note back give to Forpar.

You must be a minimum of level 46 to do this turn in~

The turn in for the Mystical Lute Body:
1) Red Dragon Scales from Talendor, Lord Nagafen, or Echo of Nortlav.
2) White Dragon Scales from Gorenaire or Lady Vox.
3) Metal Bits (regular smithed metal bits). (There's been some confusion because the name of the item is plural, but you really only need one copy of this. Verified in-game.)

You must be a minimum of level 50 to do this turn in~

If you try to do it before these levels he returns the items to you, BUT as we found out, he does not return items that are being Multi-quested!! We lost a few amygdalan tendrils this way (not so bad, but imagine losing the phinny piece!).

Can anyone confirm this level? I have done part of the epic at 46 but the gnome outside akanon started calling me a whelp at the part right before the white dragonscale turn in and I dun wanna lose my scales~!!!
Meretrocious (WoW)
Malavolent (WoW)
Methodical (WoW)
Malcontent (WoW)
Mistole (EQ) (retired)
Sdorr (EQ) (retired)
Milaya (EQ) (retired)
Moonlite (EQ) (retired)
▲ Page top
Level 46
QuoteReply
# Jan 29 2007 at 2:30 PM Rating: Decent
Msdos
1 post
Just attempted to hand in the scales and bits at 46, no go. He handed the items back. I was singing alliance which made me amiable. I then tried with gnome illusion (potion) and alliance and same. Am I missing something?

Jun 18 2004 at 3:29 PM Rating: Decent
Kianae
11 posts
You have to be level 51 or the quest NPC's won't even talk to you. It's not a usage restriction, the NPC's will just hand you back the items and say "try again." www.eqdiva.com has explicit text in their walkthrough.
Astuce

SamwiseRed
12-07-2013, 12:50 PM
i dont care if it was possible. clearly not intended. brad hath spoken. remove MQing from epics, a++++++++++++++ in the spirit of the vision.

Laugher
12-07-2013, 01:33 PM
pras on getting a response

From the same thread in RnF (does not guarantee anything, but just to throw the opinion out there in this thread too):

As a fan of the vision™, I'm liking this a lot.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
12-07-2013, 01:37 PM
Remove MQ - would be a game changer.

SamwiseRed
12-07-2013, 02:54 PM

gotta keep this up. this is what brad would want.

SamwiseRed
12-07-2013, 02:58 PM
Remove MQ - would be a game changer.

imagine people on blue actually camping jboots for jboots and not to sell mq D=

Bamz4l
12-07-2013, 03:02 PM
im sure all ur problems are related to shitty EMU - bard swarm kiting (low health agro) worked different than it does here. I bet the same with all the epic MQs, there were level requirements on turn-ins that just aren't required here

Fael
12-07-2013, 03:19 PM
are you guys retarded. MQ's for jboots and other stuff worked on live. Bottom line.

It is sad to me Brad isn't even aware of major aspects of his crowning (and only) success. Clearly this is more evidence that Brad and his "vision" are comparable to George Lucas and his vision. With unfettered authority and arrogance, their true brilliance is seen in the works of the Phantom Menace and Vanguard, not Star Wars and EQ.

Dolic

SamwiseRed
12-07-2013, 03:25 PM
im not argueing whether it worked or not, im argueing that is was never intended for lvl 6's to be running around with epics. unintended mechanics = bugs imo. allowing epics to be mqable without some kind of lvl restriction on turn in not part of the vision.

going to werk, i hope the devs revert multiquesting for epics immediately. im all for removing mq's period, will make for some interesting changes and surely help the casual player who doesnt rmt plat.

Reguiy
12-07-2013, 03:27 PM
Honestly I'm sure if you asked Brad if people under level 50 should be running around in fungi tunics, his answer would be the exact same. It's not about his vision, it's about what classic Everquest actually WAS.

Argh
12-07-2013, 03:44 PM
...and surely help the casual player who doesnt rmt plat.

How? It just means they won't be able to get their epic.

BillyCranston
12-07-2013, 03:51 PM
That's the problem with "here" though. People's shortcuts catch on, and before you know it everyone is at it. I'd ban MQ'ing tomorrow if I could... but to ban it would be "not classic" :/

Classic or not, things that have been detrimental to the server have been removed from the game, making it a nonclassic change, however it's a change for the better of the server. Classics or not shouldn't be an argument when it comes to people ruining the game for others, scamming people, and exploiting mechanics. Makes no sense to cherry pick such things like ivandyrs hoop for recharging, ands then leave recharging for everything else. Or make a non classic change like that and then leave every other needed change out, because its 'not classic'. The classic argument falls flat considering this isn't 2000.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
12-07-2013, 03:52 PM

Yeah man. I mean, doesn't really change the nature of a lot of mq's because lots as turn in to spawn a final NPC. Either way, gonna be sweet to see some different people camping the AC every once and a while.

BillyCranston
12-07-2013, 03:54 PM
Honestly I'm sure if you asked Brad if people under level 50 should be running around in fungi tunics, his answer would be the exact same. It's not about his vision, it's about what classic Everquest actually WAS.

Because there were SO many rogues and every other class running around with their epic because they either saved up plat or bought it on a plat site. Oh wait. That's not at all how classic eq was. At all. Nice try though.

Retti_
12-07-2013, 03:56 PM
Blue 2 ez sam

webrunner5
12-07-2013, 04:12 PM
Well how about getting 36% Haste from a CoF at level 1. Same crap. So P1999 is really sort of Classic.

But a lot of this crazy stuff would not have happened if Velious had come out in the timeline it should have. So we can't have it both ways.

Thulack
12-07-2013, 04:17 PM
Shocked he even remembers anything about EQ.

teija
12-07-2013, 04:19 PM
It's bullshit, and it was never abused like it is here, just like swarm kiting and a load of other one-off "classic" mechanics that the majority of people choose to use and abuse day in and day out here.

Ummm i remember both Swarm kiting and Low-hp kiting in 2000 on the TZ server, so not sure what ur talking about, some other kind of kite?

Turp_SmokinPurp
12-07-2013, 04:25 PM

All over these forums today but MIA for your Best of the best duel ? Why sign up even.
Why would we change MQ for a forum warrior? gtfo

Swish
12-07-2013, 04:26 PM
going to werk, i hope the devs revert multiquesting for epics immediately. im all for removing mq's period, will make for some interesting changes and surely help the casual player who doesnt rmt plat.

wow, just wow... Sam enters red druid best of the best and goes to work instead :(

ru even immersed?

teija
12-07-2013, 04:49 PM
im not argueing whether it worked or not,

Your own words here are why this will not be changed.

Boxing was classic also and i remeber MQing my own cleric epic. Is it still wrong if i do all the work just on another char? :)

Reguiy
12-07-2013, 05:01 PM
Because there were SO many rogues and every other class running around with their epic because they either saved up plat or bought it on a plat site. Oh wait. That's not at all how classic eq was. At all. Nice try though.

Yes there were low levels running around with epics in classic. You just see them a lot more because of the extended timeline here. So that IS how classic was. Nice try blah blah xoxo ktksla~.

Bamz4l
12-07-2013, 05:03 PM
on live classic, the first person u need to hail for the ranger epic wouldn't even respond to you unless u were 50+ (maybe 51+). This rule was probably implemented on every single step of the quest, not just the initial quest starters' hail.

Same thing goes with Shammy epic, you couldn't do turn in for Shaman sow boots & shield unless u were a certain level again, and had faction. This rule probably applied to each step also, from first to last.

Andervin
12-07-2013, 05:35 PM
I loved two boxing my cleric/warrior during velious era. Just sayin.

radditsu
12-07-2013, 06:29 PM
Yes there were low levels running around with epics in classic. You just see them a lot more because of the extended timeline here. So that IS how classic was. Nice try blah blah xoxo ktksla~.

Deleveled on purpose. On pvp servers especially as you kept your skill ups.

Gaffin 3.0
12-07-2013, 08:19 PM
on live classic, the first person u need to hail for the ranger epic wouldn't even respond to you unless u were 50+ (maybe 51+). This rule was probably implemented on every single step of the quest, not just the initial quest starters' hail.

Same thing goes with Shammy epic, you couldn't do turn in for Shaman sow boots & shield unless u were a certain level again, and had faction. This rule probably applied to each step also, from first to last.

wrong it was 46

SamwiseRed
12-07-2013, 09:14 PM
All over these forums today but MIA for your Best of the best duel ? Why sign up even.
Why would we change MQ for a forum warrior? gtfo

Lul sorry man , like I said new house no net. I was going to go to McDonald's or Starbucks before work and try to at least partipate first round but at the last minute I felt pathetic doing it. I'm still at work btw and u hope u r still mad

Gaffin 3.0
12-07-2013, 09:58 PM
lol i could see sam pressing buttons with a serious face pvping at mcdonalds and people like wtf

Bazia
12-07-2013, 10:09 PM
sam will u send me forumquest care packages full of printed out screenshots from red forum threads

SamwiseRed
12-08-2013, 12:49 AM
sam will u send me forumquest care packages full of printed out screenshots from red forum threads

yes, and if you want ill send you some mouth wash.

almost every bottle of mouthwash in a carepackage was vodka or some shit lol

Autotune
12-08-2013, 12:54 AM
Who is this Brad guy and why should I care what he thinks things should be like on p99?

SamwiseRed
12-08-2013, 12:58 AM
^newb

SamwiseRed
12-08-2013, 01:01 AM

Tasslehofp99
12-08-2013, 01:04 AM
Well how about getting 36% Haste from a CoF at level 1. Same crap. So P1999 is really sort of Classic.

But a lot of this crazy stuff would not have happened if Velious had come out in the timeline it should have. So we can't have it both ways.
I don't think you can get 36% haste from an item at level 1, believe there's a cap that goes up with level. Atleast last time I checked the wiki page on haste it said something along those lines.

Autotune
12-08-2013, 02:50 AM

Are you asking yourself questions now in crappy meme form?

Jfertal
12-08-2013, 04:40 AM
On live expansions came out before lvl 1 rogues would pay for epic mq's. this is p99 not live. we have our own timeline that doesn't live up to live, developers will bring shit out as they can. fuck brad

Ahldagor
12-08-2013, 05:38 AM
why can we trust brad when he sold out for his coke habit? you can't trust a coke head.

Swish
12-08-2013, 06:00 AM
Brad stopped caring years ago.

Llodd
12-08-2013, 06:20 AM
Brad stopped caring years ago.

It's not that he stopped caring, he just moved on with his life.

heazels
12-08-2013, 03:46 PM
It's not that he stopped caring, he just moved on with his life.

He was probably shocked to find out this server even exist.

Either way, Epic MQs were nerfed shortly after people on live started doing them for their lvl 1 rogues on live(atleast on my server)

snwbrdr642
01-03-2014, 12:42 AM
i dont care if it was possible. clearly not intended. brad hath spoken. remove MQing from epics, a++++++++++++++ in the spirit of the vision.

u know why he doesn't remember, dude is a crack head.

fastboy21
01-03-2014, 12:44 AM
u know why he doesn't remember, dude is a crack head.

awww...now thats below the belt. Brad got cleaned up over the last few years.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
01-03-2014, 12:49 AM
Welcome back Brad thread!!

Thanks for calling Brad for us, Sam. Unclassic mechanic mean to be classic coming from our eq ancients. The Lord hath spoken.

Mistle
01-03-2014, 12:50 AM
Maybe he's playing here right NOW.

fastboy21
01-03-2014, 12:53 AM
He is actually playing Magic:The Gathering with Silius in his basement RIGHT NOW.

snwbrdr642
01-03-2014, 01:15 AM
awww...now thats below the belt. Brad got cleaned up over the last few years.

u cannot confidently say that;
https://encyclopediadramatica.es/Brad_McQuaid

fastboy21
01-03-2014, 01:25 AM
u cannot confidently say that;
https://encyclopediadramatica.es/Brad_McQuaid

I can't definitively say that there isn't an easter bunny either...

central scrutinizer
01-03-2014, 04:01 AM
gotta keep this up. this is what brad would want.

pretty sure the only thing he actually wants is a handful of oxy's and a time machine

Clark
01-03-2014, 04:07 AM

http://s17.postimg.org/evinhpj67/ben_Stiller_Do_It.jpg