PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drinks that boost stats?

zanderklocke
12-04-2013, 08:28 PM
I just made some Pixie Powder Cinnesticks today for the first time and I had no idea they increase stats which is pretty cool.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Pixie_Powder_Cinnesticks

Are there other food and drinks (not potions) you can keep in inventory to passively increase stats?

What about food or drinks in Velious that do that? Any good food or drinks to carry around then?

Jimjam
12-04-2013, 08:33 PM
Boomba the Big in Freeport sells some pickles with stats. Fairies add MR, Paladins add wis and dwarfs sta... something like that.

Also, many sandwiches add stats I seem to recall.

NextGenesis88
12-04-2013, 08:46 PM
How much do all those usually cost?

webrunner5
12-05-2013, 12:25 AM
Over priced food and drink items are a waste of time I think on P1999. Not the same as live. :p

Swish
12-05-2013, 12:46 AM
Food is broken here anyway right? You get the same time per muffin as you do per iron ration... or so I thought. Definitely the case for water flasks vs that Freeport gnome tent drink, which I never buy anymore :p

Estu
12-05-2013, 01:21 AM
Food is broken here anyway right? You get the same time per muffin as you do per iron ration... or so I thought. Definitely the case for water flasks vs that Freeport gnome tent drink, which I never buy anymore :p

I thought they fixed this years ago.

Vermicelli
12-05-2013, 01:40 AM
Many items found on the recipe list at http://www.eqtraders.com/recipes/recipe_page.php?article=147&rsa=Baking&sub=oldworld&sb=item&menustr=080020020000 are valid for P99. Anything that requires a fillet knife will not be available til Velious, and anything that requires a dairy spoon was not preparable til Luclin. Anything that requires ingredients from the Jaggedpine Forest will never be seen on this server.

Some go-to goodies that most people may benefit from are the Beer Braised animal cuts. My fave is the succulent beer braised rat that gives +2 DEX, and rats are EVERYWHERE. Even try reaching under your bed and I bet you will scare one up. If you're in the mood for smart seafood, might I suggest the glazed carp?

If you want to put in a little more work, you can go for the people-meat recipes. Blackened Tier`dal as well as Gnome Kabobs are great for casters, and Dwarf Chops are good for tanks. The rustic Smoked Woodelf gives +WIS, but the last time I checked, Smokers are not in-game on P99. Nothing says "lovin'" like something from the oven!

Feanol
12-05-2013, 02:44 AM
Really more of a role-play tradeskill, one that I've leveled up quite high myself.

Why carry around a stack of dusty 'Rations' when your character can have a permanent +2 to STR? Beer Braised Bear is easy to make and bear meat is plentiful on merchants if you bother to look in EC and other 'bear-heavy' spots like Misty Thicket.

I always have at least two stacks of Beer Braised Something to nom. No reason not to once you spend a bit of time raising your trivial :D

Here's the trick though: They only add to your statistics if they're the FIRST food item in your inventory. Smart people will still carry some kind of secondary food to munch on every twenty minutes or so to preserve your crafted +bonus food.

rafaone
12-05-2013, 01:09 PM
I usually eat only Paladin Pickles !! :p

Mirana
12-05-2013, 01:12 PM

Definitely not true. I've had the same 3 stacks of fish rolls for ages.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
12-05-2013, 03:00 PM
Many items found on the recipe list at http://www.eqtraders.com/recipes/recipe_page.php?article=147&rsa=Baking&sub=oldworld&sb=item&menustr=080020020000 are valid for P99. Anything that requires a fillet knife will not be available til Velious, and anything that requires a dairy spoon was not preparable til Luclin. Anything that requires ingredients from the Jaggedpine Forest will never be seen on this server.

Some go-to goodies that most people may benefit from are the Beer Braised animal cuts. My fave is the succulent beer braised rat that gives +2 DEX, and rats are EVERYWHERE. Even try reaching under your bed and I bet you will scare one up. If you're in the mood for smart seafood, might I suggest the glazed carp?

If you want to put in a little more work, you can go for the people-meat recipes. Blackened Tier`dal as well as Gnome Kabobs are great for casters, and Dwarf Chops are good for tanks. The rustic Smoked Woodelf gives +WIS, but the last time I checked, Smokers are not in-game on P99. Nothing says "lovin'" like something from the oven!

I read this post twice I liked it so much.

myriverse
12-05-2013, 04:20 PM
There are not enough recipes for Froglok meat. :(
And it really pisses me off that there aren't frogs that big in real life. :mad:

Thulack
12-05-2013, 05:31 PM
Definitely not true. I've had the same 3 stacks of fish rolls for ages.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5242&highlight=food+duration