PDA

View Full Version : Former Nihilum members, what caused you to see the light and leave?

DrNarcisse
12-04-2013, 02:50 PM
Just curious from former defenders of Nihilum, what caused you to leave the guild, was it your pride, integrity, or did you have a self realization of how disgusting you were?

Retti_
12-04-2013, 02:54 PM
What caused u to not be first lvl 50?

Was it lag when u had bard kite? Plz explain.

Holey
12-04-2013, 02:55 PM
is that a nihilum?

Twainz
12-04-2013, 02:56 PM
Its more fun fighting geared people than raiding the same content uncontested with 50 people. If we were in Velious during my departure, I probably wouldn't of gave out all dems epics. Everytime Singing or Afflict kills someone, I get a chubby. I was told to take a break for a week and then I would be allowed to come back. I decided this was my only option to get away from the sickness that is Nihilum. Not saying I don't like a lot of people in Nihilum, just saying I can't stand the lack of PvP.

Colgate
12-04-2013, 03:05 PM
"come back in a week" as a punishment for 99% of those people makes 0 sense, considering they'd only log on the following week for repop day anyway

iiNGloriouS
12-04-2013, 03:20 PM
"come back in a week" as a punishment for 99% of those people makes 0 sense, considering they'd only log on the following week for repop day anyway

Its like a job. When your boss says "See ya next Tuesday" yknow your on the chopping block anyways.

Holey
12-04-2013, 03:36 PM
i only log on twice maybe 3 times a week due to irl and work LOL

Twainz
12-04-2013, 03:50 PM
Gream would log on only to inform everyone that it was his birthday and he was going bowling.

big mouth chew
12-04-2013, 04:11 PM
if i got kicked out i would probably say it was because i wanted more pvp too

Holey
12-04-2013, 04:21 PM
Gream would log on only to inform everyone that it was his birthday and he was going bowling.

bowling is life son!

marie
12-04-2013, 04:21 PM
i left for a variety of reasons. I was old Jibekn, prob nihilums trump card best pvp'er for the first 3 months of nihilums existance and one of the original creators.

1) cuthroat bluebies, doing whatever it takes to gain pixels even if it ruins the server i.e. wall glitching dragons and reporting others for doing the same exploits they did.
2) charging members ridiculous amount of pp for droppable items on raids even when mains needed it and lied about where the money was going (went to rmt)
3)bluebies did not know how to pvp nor did they want to learn how or participate
4)did not have anything in common with most players, most were bed ridden on welfare and had no personal morals. i felt sick to my stomach hearing them in vent, just not my kind of people.

those are the main reasons, but the final straw was when i realized the big are em tee scheme going on behind closed doors.

Retti_
12-04-2013, 04:40 PM
Chortled

Not_Kazowi
12-04-2013, 04:46 PM
I joined when it looked like azrael was going to take off and actually put up a fight. I decided to give the other side a try and app nihi. I made friends with a few but mainly ts was a cringe fest for me. Listening to convos and guys brag about the gayest shit was almost too much in itself. Rallyd makes me want to stab myself in the dick.

Then I saw how much they raid and how it's way too serious for an emu. Dkp logs and shit, just too in depth for me at this point in my life. I also didn't like how they give 0 fucks about server health and will literally do anything to get ahead or some kind of edge.

They just recruit too much and then lock down every mob. It's boring with no competition. I don't see any sportsmanship with them and frankly feel sick I ever even apped.

Tassador
12-04-2013, 05:09 PM
Team speak makes me sick and is not classic.

Sektor
12-04-2013, 05:12 PM
if i got kicked out i would probably say it was because i wanted more pvp too

Pudge
12-04-2013, 05:59 PM
bros speaking truths and repenting up in here. anyone posting a confessional gets an A+ in my book.

retti still workin on his crown of retirement, then I'm sure he will "see the lite"

I will pray for you retti

jeffd
12-04-2013, 06:04 PM
i apped before i quit and went on a sky raid with them

jumped off the side 30 mins in and didn't log in for a year

Retti_
12-04-2013, 06:05 PM
I'm too addicted to quit

I saw the light, during my rumspringa when I strayed from my home to party and girls gone wild. Met a few pals, even fewer that are keepers and still pals. In the end I'm back home. I chose baptism under the Duke. The pals I made when I started server are back in Nilly Core.

raka
12-04-2013, 06:53 PM
original Rakshore Scaleblade the non factor reporting

raiding 5 out of 6 days wont cut it.

mandatory-
cut hole in computer chair for poop sweeps

weld metal to finger tips for typing/epidermis endurance

naw, ferreal doh

u have to invest ur life into nihilum and hope they diarreah squeeze a flayed turmoil skin belt for your lvl 60 main after 6 months of 21/7 days.

also u have to be in a wheelchair and get payed by a government in the form of coupons

2/100 people in nihilum are bearable.

nizzars smart doh. Makes money doing nothing but pooping through a hole in his wheelchair....

step 1 - cut hole in wheelchair
step 2 -
step 3 - profit

DrNarcisse
12-04-2013, 07:01 PM

mandatory-

naw, ferreal doh

u have to invest ur life into nihilum and hope they diarreah squeeze a flayed turmoil skin belt for your lvl 60 main after 6 months of 21/7 days.

also u have to be in a wheelchair and get payed by a government in the form of coupons

nizzars smart doh. Makes money doing nothing but pooping through a hole in his wheelchair....

step 2 -
step 3 - profit

These are the types of posts I knew were out there, tons of players who ran through the meat grinder known as Nihilum - had to be some great stories. Thanks for sharing Rakshore, this post proves you're no longer a nonfactor. Prases be 2 you, may allah be with you.

Gaffin 3.0
12-04-2013, 07:03 PM
left cuz no one on till a raid is batphoned other than sektor and tune

Gaffin 3.0
12-04-2013, 08:20 PM
lonely guy who takes pics of girls in clubs and posts he got laid when he really just got done fappin

mwllowyellow2
12-04-2013, 08:29 PM
Was I the only one that truly quit nihilum?

freez
12-04-2013, 08:32 PM

mandatory-

naw, ferreal doh

step 2 -
step 3 - profit

hahahah

hohoho.gif

marie
12-04-2013, 08:42 PM
Was I the only one that truly quit nihilum?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XROXH5gMd28

heartbrand
12-04-2013, 08:47 PM
My issues with nihilum were as follows (warning tl;dr incoming)

1) The over the top hatred and irrational paranoia of the rest of the server out to get them despite having almost a complete monopoly on the active level 60 player base and getting about 98.9% of all mobs since the inception of the server

2) The over the top white knighting depsite having invited known RMTers / account strippers / MQers / boxers / bad dudes, killing nakeds and newbs, having exploited content previously etc etc. It doesn't bother me conceptually because this server is full of dirty whistles across the board, but when they take to the forums to white knight it's kinda like lol really? Yaw ok bro.

3) The over the top desire to prevent any competition. Would it really be bad for this server and for their guild of they tried the TMO endangered species program with one mob a week, like a talendor or a gorenaire?

4) Almost no one on during non raid times.

5) Most people dislike the "core", and once you realize that most people dislike the guild but are only their because they fear not being able to get velious pixels, it makes you rethink things (I think this will be one of the largest challenges nihilum will face which is that it has guilded a large amount of people who dislike the guild but for pvp purposes want to get their velious pixels, so they will continually gear people in velious who will leave, which is far more damaging to morale in velious than classic/Kunark)

6) Some of the people are just over the top. It's a video game. Maybe it's because I grew up enjoying being the heel, but sometimes it can be fun to lose and see other people win for a bit. I just don't fundamentally understand the desire to stomp everyone 24:7

7) the strange phenomenon when you realize no one really likes eachother which is borne out each time someone leaves and is immediately shit on by nihilum members who professed to be best buds seconds prior, see: every single person who left nihilum ever.

8) Zero transparency to the guild. Why do members have to pay for a BP when there's 50 of them in the bank? Why are MQs sold to outside guild to people for large sums and the money not used to benefit the members? There's an application process but nizzar frequently ignores it. Member input is almost meaningless to a degree I've never seen in any MMO guild I've ever been in across any game.

9) there's no pride or satisfaction of being in the guild because literally everyone can get in and your most bitter rivals and those who fucked you could very well be tagged with you tomorrow. In other MMO's, and even in TMO on blue, recruitment is limited and vigorous, and wearing a tag "means something." Being in nihilum seemingly means nothing because even Cast could likely get in if he rolled a cleric and wrote a good app.

This doesn't mean nihilum is "bad." It does exactly what it claims it's goal is: killing dragons. If you want fast gear, nihilum is absolutely the place to get it. You can basically mute everyone in TS other than nizzar, AFK 95% of raids, and get all the gear you wanted after a month or two app period. But it does feel hollow and empty, and then you're in the "I have no shot at a crown of rule before 2015 and I sure hope velious comes out in the next three months even though I'm getting an awful 10% dkp conversion rate because ok already completely burnt out on this game" boat. You can't help but get the feeling in nihilum that most people outside the core are just incredibly nervous that if they leave or try to change the power structure that their velious lives will be in the balance, depsite the fact that there's tons or alternate progression methods in velious.

None of this means that there aren't cool people in nihilum. I met plenty of people I liked, I got lots of pixels, and nihilum was exactly as advertised.

mtb tripper
12-04-2013, 08:51 PM
I would never join nihilum because they don't support proper hygiene

heartbrand
12-04-2013, 08:53 PM
One of my favorite nihilum moments was when ghost detagged for two minutes and the first thing nizzar said in TS was "does someone have his info so we can get his aon back".

mwllowyellow2
12-04-2013, 09:10 PM
This does not surprise me that nizzar would say this after allowing kaylea and tehruoh back in by giving my account info to supreme and ender.

Stasis01
12-04-2013, 09:31 PM
I got all my gear and didn't want to clear plane of fear again. Those people are insane, and making this box boring as fuck by taking it so serious, I keep my toons parked and don't play much waiting for the day that Nizzar takes a couple months off and lets other crews rise up.

DrNarcisse
12-04-2013, 09:35 PM
waiting for the day that Nizzar takes a couple months off

How do you think he can afford his wheelchair grease? or his throwaway adult diapers? Canadian government assistance doesn't provide enough for those luxuries, he's got a business to run. He can't afford a break. EverQuest is his livelihood.

Kraftwerk
12-04-2013, 10:49 PM
Is Nizzarr really physically handicapped? Like for reals now.

Greegon
12-05-2013, 06:58 AM
3) The over the top desire to prevent any competition. Would it really be bad for this server and for their guild of they tried the TMO endangered species program with one mob a week, like a talendor or a gorenaire?

I think what we want in Azrael more than a free uncontested raid mob is just some good ole even guild v guild pvp, even when we were winning a few dragons we would skip days we could have potentially nailed targets just cause we were lazy and wanted to do other stuff instead of putting in the insane effort of sitting there for hours on end just to get DA trained by shady clerics

SamwiseRed
12-05-2013, 07:24 AM

mandatory-

naw, ferreal doh

step 2 -
step 3 - profit

bahaha

DrNarcisse
12-05-2013, 07:27 PM
bump

lite
12-05-2013, 07:44 PM
even when we were taking trakanon and other mobs from nilly we'd skip the next spawn or 2, and then do it again. The idea of hitting every spawn is insane and mind numbing.

vouss
12-05-2013, 07:56 PM
^ this, #1 reason to be in Azrael over Nihilum at the time, it was that we decided even if we are able to contest the mobs we would not do it everytime.

Buhbuh
12-05-2013, 08:36 PM
I've had the most fun so far being in a smaller fringe guild, KoS to everyone.

The actual PvPers in Nihilum won't be there once their gear reaches a certain level in Velious.

I mean, that's the ideal situation for anyone in EQ. Maxed gear, deguild, roam, slay, in that order. Maybe with like 4 or 5 pals.

I don't really care for Azrael, but they're just better at mass PvP with even numbers (right now). Of course that doesn't matter now because they'll never have higher numbers again, and Nihilum can field far more people than them when they want to. It is interesting, though.

The server probably still wouldn't alter into Azrael's favor with a large mutiny in Nihilum, even if all of those players ended up in Azrael. And that's because there's a core clique in Az (despite how well they deny it), and the way they divvy out loot is retarded (see: offering Armin an Incarnidine breastplate - not because he genuinely deserved it, which he did - but to try and curry favor with members that were not in the guild and pals with Armin back in Force that the leadership wanted in Azrael). They remind me a lot of those guilds with geared as fuck core members and a bunch of shitty trash toons who play a fuck ton out on the margins.

You can be guaranteed that no matter what happens in Velious, you will never do enough, play enough, or be a big enough help to the guild to get, say, the first or even second Vindi BP that drops in their guild - not over Lite, Powered, Freez, Maximilien etc. They are a core of bros, and just the simple fact that they've stayed together will always outshine your efforts as not one of the original members (i.e. they will always award loot for some perverse sense of loyalty despite that person's playtime over the real people who deserve the shit).

Plus, the sluggish ways they engage mobs isn't nearly as proficient as their newly found skill in mass PvP.

Mingo
12-05-2013, 08:49 PM
You can be guaranteed that no matter what happens in Velious, you will never do enough, play enough, or be a big enough help to the guild to get, say, the first or even second Vindi BP that drops in their guild - not over Lite, Powered, Freez, Maximilien etc. They are a core of bros, and just the simple fact that they've stayed together will always outshine your efforts as not one of the original members (i.e. they will always award loot for some perverse sense of loyalty despite that person's playtime over the real people who deserve the shit).

Jizzar, Tune, Dekadenz, Batlle, Arzak, Gream, Hectorchrist, Tehruoh, Shrimp, Kinamara, etc.

Come on, serious? Your point is not incorrect, but it's also not particularly poignant based on standard of loyalty and loot distribution on this server.

Are you more likely to receive an RBB as a random-recruit in Azrael, yaw. Are you more likely to receive one of the first 10 Vindicator BPs in Azrael than Nihilum, maybe. I think the argument is apples to oranges.

heartbrand
12-05-2013, 08:49 PM
Azrael is dead time to move on

Mingo
12-05-2013, 08:53 PM
*failure to edit.

"...more likely to receive random RBB after your 60 day trial with enough raids logged in Nihilum = more likely" However that doesnt transcend to rarer-Trakanon BPs, rarer epic drops, and surely the rarer Velious loots."

The chances of getting geared out are always much higher in Nihilum, though, as they get all the loot. A smaller share of a larger pie is better than no share of a much smaller pie. I'm not advocating or pushing pro-Azrael propaganda i'm just wholely opposing the perception that the 'loot core' of 5 players in Azrael is somehow worse than the 'loot core' of Nihilum.

vouss
12-05-2013, 09:05 PM
Where do I go now that Azrael is dead? What options for guilds do I have?

Buhbuh
12-05-2013, 09:07 PM
Oh, I'm not arguing it's poignant. Nihilum undoubtedly does the same for its older members despite their contributions. There's is probably just as flagrant. Both guilds probably suck to be in. There's just no reason to pick Azrael when there's a tried and true method already worked out and solidified. There's no incentive.

freez
12-05-2013, 10:28 PM
are u kidding? im a perfect example of a core member than never got a super geared out char.

iiNGloriouS
12-05-2013, 10:32 PM
TL;Did Read sadly...
As far as this "clique" goes... I'd like to hear more proof of this, I have gotten every piece of gear I needed and even rolled against that "clique" for said items.

Fuck I have only been in ON the server for 2 months and in Azrael for 1 1/2, I have been taken under the wing of the servers "Dark Knight". He probably would just tell you all I talk way too much and I should stop trying so damn hard because I am already in.

But other than that Azrael has been very accepting as long as you aren't a rampaging asshat, complete and utter dumbshit or a psycho. Hell I've even seen them try to mend bridges that burned many times over.

Retti_
12-06-2013, 03:17 AM
Azrael was doing royals and sky like 2 times a day for a month straight

Blue as the next guy

Dullah
12-06-2013, 03:22 AM
bluer

Kraftwerk
12-06-2013, 02:13 PM
Azrael was doing royals and sky like 2 times a day for a month straight

Blue as the next guy

I remember those days fondly. Was when I got my queen shield and reached the pinnacle of wizardry.