PDA

View Full Version : Changes to the Circlet of Shadows?

Dunes
12-02-2013, 10:04 PM
Hi guys,

First, Im not sure if this is the right place to post, so please feel free to move if I chose incorrectly!

My concern is with the changes made to the Circlet of Shadows. It was classic, atleast through most of Velious, for a player to feign death, click sit, then immediately activate the instant cast version of Gather Shadows on the Circlet. This can be seen in action here: http://youtu.be/oIhev4_rGLI

I know that this may be considered "OP", but it is, classic. I have searched patch notes, but the only reference that I could find was the dates they changed cast time and another where it stopped dropping. I do, however, remember using this technique on my Shadow Knight on live until the first time I "took a break" which was mid Velious. It was working when I left.

Anyway, if anyone is more adept at delving patch notes, if may be worth looking up. However in the YouTube video posted above you can see that the player is using it in Velious content.

For what its worth, and thanks in advance.

Thulack
12-02-2013, 10:35 PM
Wrong forums but your correct you can instantly cast circlet when you stand and nothing will agro unless it has see invise. The item was nerfed to another item with same name just with a S on the end. Not sure where your issue is here.

Laugher
12-02-2013, 10:38 PM
I'm not sure of precisely when this nerf will happen here (late velious the wiki says) but according to the wiki it also changes names slightly:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Circlet_of_Shadow

*edit*In other words if you have a prenerf i dont think itll be nerfed rather what drops from then on will be updated; i didnt play during this era on live though so dont take my word for it lol

Swish
12-02-2013, 10:52 PM
Confirmed, there was a big market for the "pre-nerf" Circlets on live... I remember it well (and wanting one) :D

Dunes
12-04-2013, 10:03 AM
I apologize for not being more clear on this in my first explanation. Yes, you can still stand and immediately invis with the Circlet, but the enemies will immediately return to you as if you had not invised.

They way it should work (the classic mechanic) is that when you stand and instant invis, enemies don't see that you got up and will behave as if you are still feigned. This allowed the SK/Necro to move around uninhibited and made it much easier to "tag" the right mob as they returned to their static spawn points.

big mouth chew
12-04-2013, 10:15 AM
nah it works the way you described as long as they dont see invis
at least on red

Vega
12-04-2013, 10:15 AM
You should be able to stand and invis without getting aggro, but you could re-get it when you drop invis if the mobs haven't reset.

If it's not working like Haynar's changes:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26385&page=3

I'd either bump the thread, or create a new one in the bugs forum. Dev's don't always read or respond here.

Derubael
12-04-2013, 12:18 PM
Moving this to bug forum.

Pretty sure its working the way its supposed to, cause this point has been argued to death already, but we'll throw it in that forum and see what happens.

big mouth chew
12-04-2013, 05:09 PM
must work different on blue
works gr8 on red

Nlaar
12-08-2013, 06:25 PM
Just tested this on Juggs. All juggs conned indiff when invis. After fding and standing up and clicking CoS right away all juggs reaggro.

Fun.