PDA

View Full Version : Approaching Level 40 and ????s

Kilette Kerfuffled
11-29-2013, 07:46 PM
Warrior, WE, Level 37

Returning after 10 years, I belong to a small guild of RL friend(s) and some fantastic people we have met along the way. We are two clerics, a bard, a druid and a SK.

As I am approaching level 40, I am looking to upgrade my gear and possibly weapons and not quite sure what I should be looking for.

From my research, and since I am a vain WE, I know
AC, HP, STA and Agility
followed by STR, HASTE and DEX

Currently, I hold a Staff of Battle, Argent Defender, Kunsor Ku'Juch, Sarnak Flesh Harvester, 2 Obsidan Shards, Scimitar of Ysheka and a Shield of Slain Unicorn, ohh a MM Shield, I let a cleric use.

Items have either dropped, from the sale of an amazing item given to us from a player leaving the game and from the amazing generosity of players in game realizing we are truly returning players.

I haven't had a lot of cash to date, due to weight issues, but that is beginning to change and have now got up to 1,000pp.

Gear: Sarnak Earring, Sapphire Electrum, Collard of Undead, Sarnak Hide Mask, Crafted Helm, Platinum Fire Wedding Ring x 2, Bracers of Erollisi, Hero Bracer, Azure Sleeves, Cobault Gauntlets, Rusty Spiked Shoulderpads, Mirthil Breastplate, Scaled Prowler Cloak, Mirthal Plated Grith, Crafted Greaves and Cobalt Boots.

What suggestions would you provide regarding taking us to the next level? :)

Langrisserx
11-29-2013, 07:54 PM
More details:

Class / Race / Levels / Current stats/gear

Do Kunark dungeons as a group and the loot will come. Try Frontier Mountains and droga, then dalnir, kaesora, city of mist

Kilette Kerfuffled
11-29-2013, 08:01 PM
edited post to add what you asked.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
12-04-2013, 11:53 AM
Warrior, WE, Level 37

Returning after 10 years, I belong to a small guild of RL friend(s) and some fantastic people we have met along the way. We are two clerics, a bard, a druid and a SK.

As I am approaching level 40, I am looking to upgrade my gear and possibly weapons and not quite sure what I should be looking for.

From my research, and since I am a vain WE, I know
AC, HP, STA and Agility
followed by STR, HASTE and DEX

Currently, I hold a Staff of Battle, Argent Defender, Kunsor Ku'Juch, Sarnak Flesh Harvester, 2 Obsidan Shards, Scimitar of Ysheka and a Shield of Slain Unicorn, ohh a MM Shield, I let a cleric use.

Items have either dropped, from the sale of an amazing item given to us from a player leaving the game and from the amazing generosity of players in game realizing we are truly returning players.

I haven't had a lot of cash to date, due to weight issues, but that is beginning to change and have now got up to 1,000pp.

Gear: Sarnak Earring, Sapphire Electrum, Collard of Undead, Sarnak Hide Mask, Crafted Helm, Platinum Fire Wedding Ring x 2, Bracers of Erollisi, Hero Bracer, Azure Sleeves, Cobault Gauntlets, Rusty Spiked Shoulderpads, Mirthil Breastplate, Scaled Prowler Cloak, Mirthal Plated Grith, Crafted Greaves and Cobalt Boots.

What suggestions would you provide regarding taking us to the next level? :)

For what it's worth you really don't need to upgrade anything!!

Your Staff of Battle is an amazing bang-for-your-buck weapon in terms of raw DPS (not agro, though you do get a decent amount due to DMG).

The Scimitar is great for 1hs agro and the only real upgrade I would consider (at the 1kpp level) would be to get a Ykesh Club for 1hb skill ups!

I'm not versed enough in the stat/AC/HP debate to really chime in on the armor.

Something to keep in mind though - I spent lots of time duoing with warriors and low hp zerking them. The biggest DPS zerk tanks were the high Dex ones. At 37 it doesn't make much sense to pope any money into it because the viability of that strategy will start to wane around 40 but it really is a tremendous way for some poor-medium geared sham/warriors to get some amazingly fast xp.

Happy hunting friend!

Splorf22
12-04-2013, 04:53 PM
Try and get a Sarnak Warhammer (9/20 procs stun at L46). It's about the same aggro as the Ykeshan Scimitar (more than the SSoY) but more dps. For an offhand you can try a Silken Whip of Ensnaring or Trochilic's Skean.

The number one thing you need to do though is hit the planes and pick up some indicolite and a Sky haste belt. It's all fairly easy to get and in general a huge upgrade over Crafted.

A few other reasonably cheap upgrades: Glowing Bone Collar, Targishin's Bone Mask, Skull Shaped Barbute, Tattered Mantle, Cloak of Shadows (I like the dex a bit more than the HBC for leveling), and Electrum Black Sapphire earrings.

pharmakos
12-04-2013, 05:00 PM
upgrade those Rusty Spiked Shoulderpads with a Bloodstained Mantle or Crested Spauldors

Jimjam
12-04-2013, 05:21 PM
My warrior is in roughly the same place gear wise.

I'm considering getting a skean for my offhand and maybe replacing my crafted helm with a hangman's noose if I can't bring myself to replace the mithril girth with a flowing black silk sash (or similar).

Targishin's mask would be good, but it seems a pretty rare drop (unless I am doing something wrong). I would like to pick up some J boots soon, I'll probably have to take a bunch of arrows and some potions to make the solo though. If I'm lucky enough to get a group formed a cloak of shadows would be good (in the long term I'd probably want a haste cloak though).

I think there are a couple of spots you could consider replacing with more crafted armor, especially the shoulders. As noted above crested is a good alternative. You should be able to solo gnolls and centaurs in south karana while your buddies aren't on. Do this and keep an eye open for quillmane (or better have someone kill the PH), I've found the lev cloak useful on a few of my characters.

Finally, don't worry too much about money. You've got a decent prefab group, there is a lot of gear that you can camp yourselves (or will be able to soon). Between spending hours in EC looking for a bargain or spending hours crawling a dungeon, setting up camp and picking up xp while finding an equivalent item... I know which one I'd pick!

Elements
12-05-2013, 12:41 PM
If the group you have listed above are the people you primarily play with then you shouldnt be having agro issues and you will likely be the primary damage dealer. Your staff of battle will serve you well until you can afford a sarnak warhammer/silken whip of ensnaring but iirc the whip doesnt proc until 50+. The single biggest upgrade you could get right now that is practical would be a haste item. I would save your plat until you can buy a flowing black silk sash or get your group to go camp one when you are able. After the haste item get the agro weapons mentioned above then focus on more hp/ac gear.

Once you start grouping in 50+ zones a magic resist set can also be incredibly useful for preventing slows/debuffs/and magic based nukes. Warriors have access to some really cheap MR pieces just check the wiki under equiptment>class>warrior then check each slot and sort by MR. This goes for finding hp/ac upgrades as well.

Kilette Kerfuffled
12-05-2013, 08:27 PM
Thank you Yumsyums, Splorf22, Pharmakos (I did get a Crested Spaulders the other night, Jimjim and Elements.

Much appreciated you taking the time to answer my questions.

williestargell
12-06-2013, 11:20 AM
as a warrior your number 1 need is haste.

haste = dps = agro. save your pennies and get at least an fbss before worrying about any other slots. fbss always a good investment as the price on it generally never drops.