PDA

View Full Version : Necros - FD splitting

Waker
11-23-2013, 10:41 AM
It seems that FD splitting does not work on P99 like it did on live. We were able to snare a mob, pull it out a bit, FD and wait for the adds to reset, then get up and proceed to kill our original target. On P99, the snared mob will path back and reset with the adds.

Is this a bug? I'm relatively new to the server, so has this been addressed? I played a Necro and SK for years on live and the mobs never pathed back to reset until after the snare had worn off.

Thoughts?

Swish
11-23-2013, 11:13 AM
If there's any live dots on the target they'll definitely be after you again if you stand up before they've hit their last tick.

Takes more patience here for sure...I tend to pull with Screaming Terror. If you've got 3 mobs... FD the 2 that run at you. Then Screaming Terror one of those 2 if you can... time intensive but works :p

Potus
11-23-2013, 04:54 PM
What snare are you using? You have to have at least Dooming Darkness on a monster to get them to stop walking back to their spawn point.

The other thing is apparently monsters on P99 run a little bit faster than on live and that might be allowing them to move faster than darkness when there is no aggro.

whippetofspades
11-25-2013, 06:36 PM
I have generally been okay splitting with darkness. There does seem to be a bug where once you FD, the darknessed mob won't take any damage even though you get messages about it being hit. Once you get up it works again. I don't know if this is meant to happen or not though.

Uteunayr
11-25-2013, 08:20 PM
You're best of doing a Screaming Terror + Pet break. Screaming Terror one. Run away, send pet to engage the one chasing you. Feign Death to wipe aggro on the ST mob, stand up, start nuking the one fighting your pet. Be sure to get him under control ASAP as your pet generally wont take too many hits.

I have generally been okay splitting with darkness. There does seem to be a bug where once you FD, the darknessed mob won't take any damage even though you get messages about it being hit. Once you get up it works again. I don't know if this is meant to happen or not though.

It is important to keep in mind that as soon as you FD, they are healing around 5% HP a tick. Unless your dots are doing over 5% HP a tick, you probably wont see a change in HP.

quido
11-25-2013, 08:27 PM
If there's any live dots on the target they'll definitely be after you again if you stand up before they've hit their last tick.

They changed it here so that mobs around the one that is dotted will aggro you, but not that mob itself

kind of silly

whippetofspades
11-25-2013, 10:06 PM
It is important to keep in mind that as soon as you FD, they are healing around 5% HP a tick. Unless your dots are doing over 5% HP a tick, you probably wont see a change in HP.

huh, good point, I hadn't thought of that

Autotune
11-25-2013, 11:49 PM
Someone's already mentioned it, but screaming terror is one of the better ways to split low amounts of mobs.

Large packs, you can throw your pet at them and then use a fast casting spell (non-dot) to pull one. Follow that up with a ST when he's far enough away from the pack, FD, kill pet, wait for resets, stand and then grab the ST'd mob.

if you play with it enough, you'll learn what you can/can't pull off with it.