PDA

View Full Version : Where to farm Kunark level spells

Sotre
11-18-2013, 03:56 AM
Just hit 51 tonight and I was wondering a good place to farm up 51 - 60 level spells. I've been fighting in CoM and seen 1 spell (the same one Wizard's snare) drop twice. That was between 44 and 50. Been in KC for a couple hours and haven't seen a spell drop yet. I'm fine with buying a few but I'd like to loot them as well.

Nightblade
11-18-2013, 05:28 AM
If I recall correctly, some of the best places in the game for spell drops was in Sebilis.

Crypts and Juggs more specifically.

Swish
11-18-2013, 09:36 AM
Try and get a group going in Skyfire near the Burning Woods zoneline? I hear quite a few stories of spell drops :p

Sebilis is a great spot too.

Estu
11-18-2013, 10:03 AM
When I did Chardok AE, an enormous number of 51-54 or so spells dropped all the time. Not so much higher-level ones.

Lojik
11-18-2013, 12:49 PM
I have good and bad news for you. Most 51+ Wizard dropped spells you will never use(bad news), so you really only need to worry about getting a few of them. Also they tend to be pretty cheap. 4 spells you get from a turn in quest and only 2 of those are useful (abscond and tishans). The 51-54 dropped spells you should be able to buy in ec for 50p, and you already have one of the useful ones ( save the 2nd copy for turn in.) The pillar spells at 51, 54, and 57 are useful, and the first 2 you should be able to get cheap. If you really want to farm the low level spells you can stay in com or try bw, sf, seb, hs, as these all have mobs that drop spells. I think wizards have the cheapest spell purchases 51+, but then again I'm not 100% on that.

pharmakos
11-18-2013, 01:03 PM
When I did Chardok AE, an enormous number of 51-54 or so spells dropped all the time. Not so much higher-level ones.

i bet someone looking for level 51-54 spells could probably just hang out at Chardok entrance during AE clears and get them for free.

they're not worth very much in comparison to the amount of plat that usually flows through those groups.

Estu
11-18-2013, 03:12 PM
i bet someone looking for level 51-54 spells could probably just hang out at Chardok entrance during AE clears and get them for free.

they're not worth very much in comparison to the amount of plat that usually flows through those groups.

Sure, yeah. I think that would be doable.