PDA

View Full Version : PVP Bounty Board Item Loot System

Giovanni
11-17-2013, 11:51 PM
When you are slain in pvp, a menu would pop up allowing you to add platinum as a bounty on your killer's head.

This bounty would increase the probability that your target would drop higher end items or platinum when slain in pvp.

Note that the bounty placed itself would not drop - it would be the original killer's items and/or platinum that drops. If the killer is naked with no items and no platinum, platinum could be drawn from the killer's bank. If there is no platinum in the killer's bank, the killer would take experience loss proportionate to the amount of the bounty. This would wipe out the bounty. (Note that exp should be very fast and easy to get on this server)

This system would not be vulnerable to exploitation by having a pal kill yourself to take the bounty. Also, this system would reserve the harshest penalties for the most notorious killers and most hated players. In addition, the ratio of bounty placed to items/plat can always be adjusted to act as a plat sink.

The top bounties would be displayed on the ingame tavern message boards which are currently underutilized. Also, the Priest of Discords would periodically announce which zone the top killers are currently located in.

Example Nizzar kills Tyva. Tyva adds a 5,000 plat bounty to Nizzar's head placing Nizzar at the top of the bounty boards. Everyone else can view the bounty on Nizzar. Periodically, the Priest of Discord announces that Nizzar is in solb. Topdog goes to solb and kills Nizzar and loots his t-crown as Nizzar's chance of dropping items was increased by the bounty placed.

http://www.pvpblog.com/dabox/public/uo-bounty/bount_zeke.jpg

Retti_
11-17-2013, 11:56 PM
Wud play

Millburn
11-18-2013, 12:07 AM
Your guys shit suggestions take way too much trouble to implement, keep it simple with the hybrid darktide system.

The Hybrid Darktide System

Goal: To create a system that is easy to implement and to also have the largest reward of function. Reward defined as a mechanic that promotes community, economy, and pvp.

Premise: Have player dropped items (the items shown upon death and are able to be looted) be determined by the highest vendor sell value.

Why? Simplicity! Though it's just the tip of the iceberg. The hybrid darktide system offers large reward with little consequence. This system allows for people to use items that they have worked for and earned without removing the danger of wearing better equipment. This is done through determining how much your most expensive gear is worth and then keeping items with appropriate vendor sell value on your person to drop instead of the items you don't want to lose. The important part about that is that it's still punishing those who die in pvp and rewarding those who kill.

THIS WILL NOT STOP PEOPLE FROM LOOTING ITEMS, people will screw up and not update their insurance items or not calculate how much items are worth. People will still loot pinata items through their pvp escapades, it WILL happen.

One of the important latent effects this system will have is to stamp down on power creep. As you get better and better gear, that gear becomes more and more expensive. There will become a point in which you decide a few pieces of gear are too expensive to wear casually and only keep them for raiding with your guild or group activities. Which creates its own dynamic...reimbursement programs. A major benefit of this system is it allows for MONEY SINKS, because the system is based off of vendor SELL value you will be paying more than what you are dropping. This creates a powerful money sink and in conjunction with potential guild reimbursement programs you have a system in place that can help reign in inflation both from personal coffers and guild coffers.

This obviously also ties into the issue of twinking. Twinking can be a powerfully frustrating experience for new players on a pvp server. Having this system in place ups the ante put in by the person twinking. Making it more rewarding for young players banding together to take out twinks, they become a source of income.

Let's recap...

Economy is helped by this system because it provides money sinks and acts as a stabilizing feature to keep money coming in and going out both into the server and into the hands of other players.

Community is helped by stamping down on power creep, creating incentive to not twink but to also band together to kill twinks.

PvP is helped because it removes the frustration of losing an item by no control of your own. You can set the parameters by which you lose items WITHOUT removing the negatives of death and also rewarding the killer.

TL;DR - suck it up and read it there is no TL;DR

TL;DR;TL;DR - Lootable item that drops off a player is determined by highest vendor sell value

Giovanni
11-18-2013, 12:23 AM
There should also be noticeable effects on faction for the killers at the top of the bounty boards. For instance, top killers should be greeted by their home town guards as a hero. Meanwhile in the enemy cities, citizens should whisper their names in fear...

Rumor has it that the gods look favorably upon those that serve their faction best in battle, and have been known to bless their greatest champions with the protection of the gods during their time of need. (small chance once per day)

Chewie "/shout I pray to Innoruk. My fate is in your hands"
Three possible responses:
1) Nothing happens

2) Innoruk "/shout Useless mortal, do not disturb my slumber. Perhaps you would be more fit to serve as a farmer in the Shire than as a soldier of Innoruk." Chewie is snared with engulfing darkness.

3) Innoruk "/shout You have served me well Chewie, and your prayers will not go unanswered. Feel the hatred replenish your soul." Chewie is completely healed.

Dullah
11-18-2013, 01:15 AM
More item loot, the better.

Potus
11-18-2013, 03:01 AM
I can't wait to naked grief people.

Dullah
11-18-2013, 05:05 AM
Cant wait to kill naked griefers when I'm partialing their ice comets with only resist cold.

Dullah
11-18-2013, 06:30 AM
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArKGHwnPXuS6dDNOU19Tc05LWjdxdmRHc3JHb3pUM 2c#gid=0

read it and weep

more classic resists, here we come

Smedy
11-18-2013, 07:00 AM
When you are slain in pvp, a menu would pop up allowing you to add platinum as a bounty on your killer's head.

This bounty would increase the probability that your target would drop higher end items or platinum when slain in pvp.

Note that the bounty placed itself would not drop - it would be the original killer's items and/or platinum that drops. If the killer is naked with no items and no platinum, platinum could be drawn from the killer's bank. If there is no platinum in the killer's bank, the killer would take experience loss proportionate to the amount of the bounty. This would wipe out the bounty. (Note that exp should be very fast and easy to get on this server)

This system would not be vulnerable to exploitation by having a pal kill yourself to take the bounty. Also, this system would reserve the harshest penalties for the most notorious killers and most hated players. In addition, the ratio of bounty placed to items/plat can always be adjusted to act as a plat sink.

The top bounties would be displayed on the ingame tavern message boards which are currently underutilized. Also, the Priest of Discords would periodically announce which zone the top killers are currently located in.

Example Nizzar kills Tyva. Tyva adds a 5,000 plat bounty to Nizzar's head placing Nizzar at the top of the bounty boards. Everyone else can view the bounty on Nizzar. Periodically, the Priest of Discord announces that Nizzar is in solb. Topdog goes to solb and kills Nizzar and loots his t-crown as Nizzar's chance of dropping items was increased by the bounty placed.

http://www.pvpblog.com/dabox/public/uo-bounty/bount_zeke.jpg

An absolutely amazing system that gets me hard just reading about it

This would be insane, got my vote

Tassador
11-18-2013, 08:20 AM
Lol remember dark ages of Camelot hahahhaha

HippoNipple
11-18-2013, 03:25 PM
not classic

all your ideas are stupid , eq pvp is meant to be simple. Leaderboards and yellow text are not classic and they suck

pvp solves camp and raid problems, nothing more

classic is also looting items

fuck off

Andis
11-18-2013, 03:26 PM
yt best thing ever created on eq emu server

who is this chump lol

Lowlife
11-18-2013, 03:29 PM
UO was so, so good.

Kergan
11-18-2013, 03:29 PM
YT is a brilliant addition, especially because it advertises PVP hotspots.

I'm not as sold on a bounty system. I think if executed well it could work out but I see a lot of custom code involved in a system like that. Dev time is already at a premium, if this is a core feature of a new server I can't imagine anything tangible for years.

Lowlife
11-18-2013, 03:30 PM
yt best thing ever created on eq emu server

who is this chump lol

tomato.