PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me, or is everyone making an enchanter?

Caridry
11-16-2013, 07:14 PM
I took a long break and came back and decided to level an enchanter, because it's something I haven't played yet and thought it would be a fun challenge, but oh my gosh are enchanters evvery where leveling! It's insane! It's like 1 chanter per every 1 of every other class. I noticed something was up when I went to start a group in oasis had people lfg send me tells... 4 chanters and 1 rogue messages me....

Splorf22
11-16-2013, 08:30 PM
Between the enchanter guide and the solo artist challenge, that's probably my fault.

Estu
11-16-2013, 08:39 PM
Enchanters are an incredibly powerful, nuanced, and challenging class that are super-useful in pretty much every scenario. Shouldn't be surprising :p

Itap
11-16-2013, 08:45 PM
I think most fizzle out by the 40's

Caridry
11-16-2013, 09:17 PM
I guess it boils down to, is it worth continuing? I just don't want to get stuck group less later in life -_-

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
11-16-2013, 09:45 PM
I guess it boils down to, is it worth continuing? I just don't want to get stuck group less later in life -_-

In strong, well banced groups I think you'll find that enchanters stack quite nicely. I was in a CoM group with a pally, monk, other enc, cleric and a warrior and I've never seen things drop so fast. 2 charmed, hasted and weaponized golems can do some serious work.

Fregar
11-17-2013, 05:24 AM
I don't see many enchs running around, not more than necros or wizards.

We just all wish our favorite class would be played by less peoples.
On live with my SK I sometimes caught myself thinking there was too many of em...

Autotune
11-17-2013, 09:19 AM
I played a necromancer and I never got tired of seeing so many of them. It just makes the good ones stand out all that much more in my opinion when so many terrible ones are bouncing around.

Honestly though, I always notice that about classes that are popular regardless of what class I play.

theguyy
11-17-2013, 01:24 PM
Chanter and Shaman are the most overpowered in Kunark. Luckily Velious will put chanters in their place but Shamans will be even more out of control.

Iumuno
11-17-2013, 02:25 PM
It's the best all around solo/group class, along with bards and shamans, so it shouldn't be surprising really. There's quite a few slight deviations from classic rules that when added up, make enchanters even better.

I don't think Velious is going to change much of anything. Enchanters will be fine solo or grouped, and terrible in raids, just like they are now.

harnold
11-17-2013, 02:27 PM
Last night i was in zone and lfg, i do a /w lfg and it was me(bard) and 9 enchanters lfg. The group was me and 5 enchanters with 4 enchanters crowd controlling on the outside

Something'Witty
11-17-2013, 03:28 PM
Previously I have played necro, bst, cleric, druid, shm, mage, and monk, with shm being my fav class thus far. The chanter was the last EQ class I was curious about trying out, but hesitated in the past because it always seemed like chanters died more often then any other class (PvE), at least back on live. So far the class has been a blast, and while squishy, deaths are pretty rare and are almost always a result of me not paying attention.

Tewaz
11-17-2013, 05:23 PM
I just made a chanter because of this thread.

goshozal
11-17-2013, 05:25 PM
I have a 60 enchanter, and I often find myself wishing I had another enchanter.

billw134
11-17-2013, 06:05 PM
When I get a new car I see the same one everywhere, never noticed that car before...

Swish
11-17-2013, 06:49 PM
When I get a new car I see the same one everywhere, never noticed that car before...

Yeah Dokt is right here. I've levelled in Unrest/MM in the last week or so and there haven't been many enchanters around.

The old golden rule applies... play what you enjoy, because on a given day there's always a shortage of some classes and an abundance of others :p

Rhun
12-15-2013, 08:16 AM
Yes, there are a lot of enchanters, just like shamans. There is a reason for shaman and enchanter 51+ spells being the most expensive and that is that there are so many of those classes.

bomaroast
12-15-2013, 04:28 PM
It's because charm is incredibly broken on this server. It lasts too long too frequently.

Iumuno
12-15-2013, 04:52 PM
It's because charm is incredibly broken on this server. It lasts too long too frequently.

It's the resist system that's not classic, not charm as per.

Tecmos Deception
12-15-2013, 06:22 PM
Velious will put chanters in their place but Shamans will be even more out of control.

Both of these things will prove to be exaggerations, imo.

Mandalore93
12-15-2013, 07:11 PM
^Giants and dragons will both be stun immune straight up, I think maybe straight up mez immune too? Can't remember about mez off the top of my head.
Only other high level dungeons that don't feature those two mobs as the primary mobs are Velks and SG? SG for the first three months should be a fucking nightmare for even a full group. Also dragons necropolis, but never been there so can't really speak to mob difficulty.
Shamans in Velious can solo named dragons in Western Wastes and Lodzidal in high end equipment. Basically all the major named mobs get huge HP improvements in Velious.

goshozal
12-16-2013, 12:56 AM
I have tried many times to warn my enchanter brethren about the horrible fate that awaits us in the Great White Wastes. Everything will have 300 MR, and if you land a spell Elethia will take another 10 minutes off your epic clickie out of pure spite. Reroll while you can, or prepare yourself to be a C2 and VoG vending machine.

Edit: we will, however, probably be able to farm those orc earrings. But you'll have to melee the mobs down, so only those with RoA's have any hope.

pasi
12-16-2013, 01:13 AM
Minus ST, enchanters are pretty ok with pets in Velious. Skyshrine has pets for farming Laochs/Fehdhars - just bad for getting cothed to Yelinak. Icewell has nonMR shit in the basement.

You have to be a lot more picky, but NPC strength goes up, so the relative value of charm does as well. Even ToV wyverns/whelps are realistic pets until dragons become rooted.

Mandalore93
12-17-2013, 12:37 PM
Right, but their soloing ability takes a huge nose dive since they can't stun.

pasi
12-17-2013, 01:57 PM
Absolutely.

The question is where though. The only 'money' camp in Velious where stun immune is a big deal is Kael Arena, which will probably be perma camped for the first year or so.

Sirens Grotto, Skyshrine, Velketors, and PoM - you're still good charming/stunning on breaks.

Splorf22
12-17-2013, 04:06 PM
Stun immunity is not an utter disaster for an enchanter as long as root and charm still work, although its obviously annoying.

I think in Velious we'll see a lot more enchanter/warrior/cleric or shaman trios for this kind of thing.

Mandalore93
12-17-2013, 09:56 PM
Out of legitimate curiosity, I thought the drakes and wyverns throughout velious were stun immune? In regards to skyshrine.

Tewaz
12-18-2013, 11:47 AM
I am making an enchanter so I can farm Kunark stuff when everyone moves on to Verious...