PDA

View Full Version : human wizard

jman
11-15-2013, 05:30 PM
I don't have any high level characters. So I can't deck out a wizard with awesome gear.but I really want to give a wizard a try. If I make a human wizard will I be seriously gimping myself. or is a dark elf preferrable? again I will be starting with no cash and no items.

diplo
11-15-2013, 05:49 PM
if you're playing on blue, it doesn't really matter...

If you really want to min/max, make an erudite.

Itap
11-15-2013, 05:50 PM
You're in luck! Casters are not gear dependent. You can level 45+ in nothing but your newbie robe. Wizard will be a long journey until you can quad kite. Hope you like sitting on your butt

Estu
11-15-2013, 05:58 PM
You're in luck! Casters are not gear dependent. You can level 45+ in nothing but your newbie robe.

This is not strictly true for quad-kiters as a decent mana pool is required, but with porting money one can find gear for that.

Anyway, starting a wizard from scratch is certainly doable. Just prepare for a giant snoozefest of a class.

Itap
11-15-2013, 06:07 PM
This is not strictly true for quad-kiters as a decent mana pool is required, but with porting money one can find gear for that.

Lets not split hairs, Estu

jman
11-16-2013, 04:10 AM
Someone told me to get a smoldering brand to level up with. How hard is it to get?

Estu
11-16-2013, 09:45 AM
Someone told me to get a smoldering brand to level up with. How hard is it to get?

They're sold fairly often in EC for a couple hundred pp. Great weapon for a caster to use from 1 to 8 or so; after that, you're probably better off nuking. If you don't have a lot of PP lying around, it would be better spent on mana gear for quadding later.

Lojik
11-19-2013, 01:11 PM
Lost staff of the scorned was awesome on my wiz low level. Can get one for like 50p. If you can afford some +hp stuff your survivability will increase a lot too.