PDA

View Full Version : @rulemakers / Hacking / ? / Banning /

amlahren
11-13-2013, 06:31 PM
I'm left handed, so in the past (playing WoW) I've used autohotkey to make it easier to play. For example, Blizzard doesn't consider AHK cheating if you bind only 1 action to 1 keypress, which prevents botting. The "1 action per keypress policy" as it were.

From other threads here, it's unclear to me if rebinding keys is considered cheating.

Yes, you can rebind keys within the game, but ignore that fact for the sake of answering my question.

Tiggles
11-13-2013, 06:35 PM
Seriously?

You need a bot because you are left handed?

There are tons of left handed people who have done all the content in this game 100x over and don't need any 3rd party software myself included.

No, you can't use an autohotkey program and you would get banned for doing it.

It's EQ not Starcraft.

Thulack
11-13-2013, 06:36 PM
I would say aslong as your at the computer when using it and not having some sort of automated program running i would think its fine aslong as it doesnt inject anything into the game. As as a lefty though how have you just not gotten use to being a righty on a PC after all these years?

Skittlez
11-13-2013, 06:36 PM
I'm left handed, so in the past (playing WoW) I've used autohotkey to make it easier to play. For example, Blizzard doesn't consider AHK cheating if you bind only 1 action to 1 keypress, which prevents botting. The "1 action per keypress policy" as it were.

From other threads here, it's unclear to me if rebinding keys is considered cheating.

Yes, you can rebind keys within the game, but ignore that fact for the sake of answering my question.

lol'd

Kender
11-13-2013, 06:41 PM
you can make in game macros to do several things at once. up to 5 lines

for example. rogue evade and continue fighting
(assumes the relevant skills are in the skills tab. adjust to your preference)

/doability 1 (sense heading training)
/attack off
/doability 2 (pick pockets)
/doability 3 (hide)
/attack on

on my ranger i made a /taunt button as follows

/doability 1 (sense heading)
/doability 2 (taunt)
/doability 3 (track)
/doability 4 (forage)

in combat it would taunt but not forage. out of combat with no mob targeted it would forage but not taunt

amlahren
11-13-2013, 06:42 PM
Seriously?
You need a bot because you are left handed?

No, you can't use an autohotkey program and you would get banned for doing it.

It's EQ not Starcraft.

No, I don't need a "bot" to play. I'm asking rulemakers not trollers.

Rellapse35
11-13-2013, 06:43 PM
I am left handed and play just fine.

amlahren
11-13-2013, 06:44 PM
36 Shaman - Shetroll

36 Paladin - Shedwarf

1 Enchanter - Shelullz

lol'd

amlahren
11-13-2013, 06:46 PM
I would say aslong as your at the computer when using it and not having some sort of automated program running i would think its fine aslong as it doesnt inject anything into the game.

@rulemakers

confirm/deny?

hynch
11-13-2013, 06:54 PM
I can't see why you need a bot program unless you are doing something shady. EQ isn't like WoW where you have 100 abilities.

Swish
11-13-2013, 07:26 PM
I am left handed and play just fine.

ccs88
11-13-2013, 07:59 PM
I'm not a dev, but this is a valid question. I don't see a problem with using AHK to rebind keys.

Players using Linux can do this anyway through the OS. Since you can rebind in game, using AHK would not give any sort of advantage in this manner.

fullmetalcoxman
11-13-2013, 08:02 PM
Why not just do it through the game and not take the risk? Is there some benefit I'm not seeing here?

quido
11-13-2013, 08:03 PM
I would say aslong as your at the computer when using it and not having some sort of automated program running i would think its fine aslong as it doesnt inject anything into the game. As as a lefty though how have you just not gotten use to being a righty on a PC after all these years?

I'm pretty sure this is not the case. I'd love to make tracking bots for people (who are gonna sit there) but I was told it's not allowed. Also, duck tape not allowed either.

ccs88
11-13-2013, 08:13 PM
Why not just do it through the game and not take the risk? Is there some benefit I'm not seeing here?

If he has a gaming keyboard or even a newer keyboard, there are keys that EQ won't recognize.

Ambrotos
11-13-2013, 08:27 PM
Why are you responding to your own thread in a different name? People are weird! Stick with using key bindings EQ comes with and allows. Doing this, won't get you in trouble. Going third party programs is a good way of being banished.

SyanideGas
11-13-2013, 08:27 PM
I'm left handed, I play fine.

SyanideGas
11-13-2013, 08:28 PM
Proof yo.

amlahren
11-13-2013, 09:44 PM
Why are you responding to your own thread in a different name? People are weird! Stick with using key bindings EQ comes with and allows. Doing this, won't get you in trouble. Going third party programs is a good way of being banished.

thanks for your response, i now have my answer.

btw i'm not sure who you were talking to but I live on a college campus and i found this game from a flyer on a bulletin board. don't assume people are the same person when there's a thing called dynamic IPs

Pringles
11-13-2013, 09:50 PM
If your actions per minute are less than 500 in EQ, you fail!

Swish
11-13-2013, 10:27 PM
Also, duck tape not allowed either.

Dang... :(

http://cdn.whitetrashrepairs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/9057.jpg

Rellapse35
11-13-2013, 10:44 PM
thanks for your response, i now have my answer.

btw i'm not sure who you were talking to but I live on a college campus and i found this game from a flyer on a bulletin board. don't assume people are the same person when there's a thing called dynamic IPs

pics of flyer or did not happen

Bardalicious
11-13-2013, 11:40 PM
A+ thread, really

Spacebar
11-13-2013, 11:53 PM
Wow, so many lefties. My mommy told me that left-handed people were witches and they would take my soul when I slept.

Kk, off to write some sentences without angling my paper.

Nune
11-14-2013, 12:36 AM
left handed people die younger prepare for the grave pal

uygi
11-14-2013, 02:34 AM
Yeah, the OP question doesn't make much sense. I'm right-handed, but depending on what I'm doing I use either right or left hand for my direction keys- right hand if using hotkeys or straferunning, left hand if using mouse. How that couldn't just be reversed for a lefty is beyond me.

You can bind whatever keys to whatever other keys you want. You can do it through the client or whatever else, it really doesn't matter. What you can't do is create a looping/delay macro, or do anything that allows you to perform any kind of function without being at the computer. If you use the client, or 3rd party software, to bind your directional keys to some other button on your keyboard (or any other input device really...) nobody is going to care.

You can actually do quite a bit using key bindings and in-game macros, though my experience is that the Titanium client has some weird rules about what slots can be bound to keystrokes.

dwightgeary
11-14-2013, 02:35 AM

LMFAO this is hilarious

Jingleson
11-14-2013, 02:53 AM
Jingleson

Lynch mob got me banned because they don't like that I don't tip my waitress.

Clark
11-14-2013, 05:26 AM
He sent me this photograph in a private message. Hopefully it better explains things.

http://s16.postimg.org/r4x7no0yd/195461839_orig.jpg

a_gnoll_pup
11-14-2013, 05:32 AM
This can singlehandedly (pun intended) get you banned if it interacts with the EQ application.

Visual
11-14-2013, 05:39 AM
Lost my arms in Nam fiddling a prostitute with a grenade lodged in her uterus

Staff lets me use MQ

Tiggles
11-14-2013, 10:31 AM
Yeah, the OP question doesn't make much sense. I'm right-handed, but depending on what I'm doing I use either right or left hand for my direction keys- right hand if using hotkeys or straferunning, left hand if using mouse. How that couldn't just be reversed for a lefty is beyond me.

You can bind whatever keys to whatever other keys you want. You can do it through the client or whatever else, it really doesn't matter. What you can't do is create a looping/delay macro, or do anything that allows you to perform any kind of function without being at the computer. If you use the client, or 3rd party software, to bind your directional keys to some other button on your keyboard (or any other input device really...) nobody is going to care.

You can actually do quite a bit using key bindings and in-game macros, though my experience is that the Titanium client has some weird rules about what slots can be bound to keystrokes.

I nominate you as official spokesperson to answer this question in the future.

I still have Duct'taped on my mage

Lagaidh
11-14-2013, 10:49 AM
Lost my arms in Nam fiddling a prostitute with a grenade lodged in her uterus

Staff lets me use MQ

This hit me in the giggle nerve at the right angle. Thank you for the snot in my mustache. I think.

big mouth chew
11-14-2013, 10:53 AM

nihilum member "toxicity" was caught red-handed using 3rd party looping/delay macros to skillup while afk
he was punished by flowers of happiness to the amount of 8 lost levels
GMs restored his exp
seems like its fine, at least if you're in nihilum on red server

Tiggles
11-14-2013, 10:55 AM
nihilum member "toxicity" was caught red-handed using 3rd party looping/delay macros to skillup while afk
he was punished by flowers of happiness to the amount of 8 lost levels
GMs restored his exp
seems like its fine, at least if you're in nihilum on red server

The dude you are quoting got caught auto fire spamming to try and get VS FTE.

He was suspended by a guide and had it overturned.

big mouth chew
11-14-2013, 11:14 AM
disgusting