PDA

View Full Version : Noc vs Wurmy

insertname
11-12-2013, 11:09 PM
frame of reference: soloing
Casting life taps with Noc really huts DSP, its a great weapons however I was thinking the ratio between the two is close enough that with the Wurmy's delay I could actual add to the dps with taps, not hurt it - and heal at the same time.

wurmy: 25/40 .625
Noctiv : 18/26 .692

wurmy: 25/40 1.6
Noctiv : 18/26 1.4
-----------------------
.2 differance -

Am I completely off my mark here?

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
11-12-2013, 11:26 PM
I think it would really depend on level.

The Noc blade would really start to pull away post 30 due to the damage bonus you receive as a function of hits/min. This of course is entirely melee damage but I assume I we more SK's using Noc blade for a reason.

insertname
11-12-2013, 11:52 PM
Perhaps procs from SK spells factor in as well? The blade hits like a tank, and rapidly fore sure. Often I just dont cast because it eats into DPS. When I need to heal I tapp up on greens ect, however there have been fights where taping was a must, though the drop in DPS hurt almost as much as the taps helped. Thats what I am trying to balance out.

By the way thanks for the reply, I have read a few of your post and you seem quite knowledgeable, I appreciate your attention to this noobish question.
*edit* dont let the join date fool ya, Ive been gone forever do to RL bs, so its all a fresh start.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
11-13-2013, 12:03 AM
Perhaps procs from SK spells factor in as well? The blade hits like a tank, and rapidly fore sure. Often I just dont cast because it eats into DPS. When I need to heal I tapp up on greens ect, however there have been fights where taping was a must, though the drop in DPS hurt almost as much as the taps helped. Thats what I am trying to balance out.

By the way thanks for the reply, I have read a few of your post and you seem quite knowledgeable, I appreciate your attention to this noobish question.
*edit* dont let the join date fool ya, Ive been gone forever do to RL bs, so its all a fresh start.

Thank you sir!

It should be noted that procs are calculated per minute so swing rate has no effect on them. I would say spam taps during flee and circumvent the need to tap between swings.

Ymmv - good luck =)

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
11-13-2013, 12:07 AM
frame of reference: soloing
Casting life taps with Noc really huts DSP, its a great weapons however I was thinking the ratio between the two is close enough that with the Wurmy's delay I could actual add to the dps with taps, not hurt it - and heal at the same time.

wurmy: 25/40 .625
Noctiv : 18/26 .692

wurmy: 25/40 1.6
Noctiv : 18/26 1.4
-----------------------
.2 differance -

Am I completely off my mark here?

It is the former when calculating it. The higher the ratio the better the weapon.