PDA

View Full Version : Plugging

Combobreaker
11-12-2013, 12:12 AM
EQ would be 100x better if people weren't afraid to die.
Now, I know it might be a little scary... not having a zoneline to hop or plug through...

...but lets really THINK about it.

Right now if you are lucky enough to find pvp on Red99, chances are it's going to end at a zoneline. That's awful for a pvp server.
People should be forced to fight to the death, or flee like the coward that they are.

Change plugging from (CURRENT) to (FUTURE)

(CURRENT)- Plugging allows one to leave the zone by abusing load times that are required from zone to zone. As of now, you can plug entirely out of the game & become restricted for up to 5 minutes downtime until you can log back in. Sometimes, leaving a ghost for the active players to deal with. (Which is 100% Invulnerable & Catastrophic for unknowing victims)

(FUTURE)- Plugging allows one to die. Anyone that chooses the cowards way out (Unplugging/Force quitting EQ) will be FORCED to load into the nearing zone as a "LD" player - AT WHICH POINT - there will be a 30 second - 1 minute DELAY until your character disappears from the game.

As a community red, please... Support this idea for a better & more courageous box. One that will prove promising of future pvp, one that will teach those by ERROR how to correct their ways.

Fix Plugging 2013

magician
11-12-2013, 12:15 AM
NAW NAW

Millburn
11-12-2013, 12:39 AM
wtf is wrong with you Gyno

SamwiseRed
11-12-2013, 12:53 AM
if you plug you should die in RL

Millburn
11-12-2013, 01:07 AM
u got a problem pal?

Yeah, leave that shit in the NSFW forum.

Millburn
11-12-2013, 01:14 AM
go fuckyourself faggot

Boring!

http://cdn.thatssotrue.com/2012/1/4/thatssotrue.com_1261_1329759589.gif

Seriously though, keep your NSFW shit in the NSFW forum. Also die in a fire please.

magician
11-12-2013, 01:15 AM
LOL

Millburn
11-12-2013, 01:17 AM
naw u wanna see my hydra dick.

lol hydra dick is pretty funny it's just not kosher to pop up on my screen while I'm at work is all.

Dullah
11-12-2013, 01:35 AM
Removing plugging favors players that can gate to obscure locations and leave the rest vulnerable to being ganked anytime, in any place.

No thanks.

Combobreaker
11-12-2013, 01:37 AM
Removing plugging favors players that can gate to obscure locations and leave the rest vulnerable to being ganked anytime, in any place.

No thanks.

Again, I think that should you decide to travel somewhere - and do not possess the spell "gate" - then you should be ready for whatever the world has planned for you. IMO

e/ or roll with porters

Rec
11-12-2013, 01:41 AM
removing plugging means gfay gets safer and more people can level up

Colgate
11-12-2013, 01:44 AM
i like plugging because it means i can go ham on a group by myself and have an out

Combobreaker
11-12-2013, 01:44 AM
http://i40.tinypic.com/104g1tk.png

Combobreaker
11-12-2013, 01:47 AM
i like plugging because it means i can go ham on a group by myself and have an out

that is true, surely you see the benefit whole-heartedly as a monk with mend and regen but as far as forcing invulnerable ghosts on people still active in pvp... it should be fixed to atleast get rid of that

Dullah
11-12-2013, 01:57 AM
Again, I think that should you decide to travel somewhere - and do not possess the spell "gate" - then you should be ready for whatever the world has planned for you. IMO

e/ or roll with porters

Disable the gate spell and non-evac portals while in combat and I might subscribe to this no plug philosophy. Until then, hell no.

SamwiseRed
11-12-2013, 02:17 AM
it doesnt surprise me modem tactics supports plugging.

Dullah
11-12-2013, 02:40 AM
cool story

Combobreaker
11-12-2013, 07:28 PM
need to force players to pop out on the other side and not be LD gods, just stand there retarded and die.

progress !!!

Vexenu
11-12-2013, 07:42 PM
Yeah, let's combine no plugging with item loot on Teams.

Two months in we will all be standing around wondering why there are all of four or five melees on the server, none of whom have ever been spotted outside of a full group.

Combobreaker
11-12-2013, 07:45 PM

Two months in we will all be standing around wondering why there are all of four or five melees on the server, none of whom have ever been spotted outside of a full group.

QQ {()}

I'll probably be one of em

Holey
11-12-2013, 07:47 PM
funny when people LD its suppose to be them at bard speed also LOL but yet lately i been raping them :P

runlvlzero
11-12-2013, 07:49 PM
It sux. But it's classic.

Hughman
11-12-2013, 09:38 PM

Smart melees are going to be running around in no drop gear and easily obtained MR gear anyways, planar if they've gotten that far. With resists being worked on you wont have to worry about being chain snared/rooted/mezzed at 90-110 MR, which is easily attained on a warrior at least.

big mouth chew
11-12-2013, 09:48 PM
shits classic
kill em b4 they zone imo
or sit there smoking crack nonstop til they enter world low hp
either way works

Bazia
11-12-2013, 10:07 PM
figured out really cheap exeggutor and mega lucario combo

these japanese kids mad as fuk

Somekid123
11-12-2013, 10:17 PM
I have an issue where I crash 2-4 times every night I play EQ or could be 0, really depends. I'd much rather crash while zoning and know I wont be on otherside getting attacked without defending myself, compared to attacking a player and find he has zoned.

Myself not dying due to my computer having issues is more comforting, then having a player plug on me.. if someone plugs on me I sit and med for 5-15mins [Depends how much mana I used?] then continue my business, its not a big deal. If you have a bunch of people plugging, then your obviously too scared to venture out from zonelines for it to be an issue, try fighting away from that quick-out if you think your so good, or realize that a player plugging is just as much a win as if you killed them, if you get butt-hurt over them plugging your just QQing that you cant get a YT to show off to your bro's serverwide. QFT.

-Andain

Combobreaker
11-22-2013, 03:24 AM
http://i40.tinypic.com/104g1tk.png

relativity bump

Gustoo
11-22-2013, 03:34 AM
In the game everquest, zone lines mean you escape danger.

Langrisserx
11-22-2013, 03:46 AM
shits classic
kill em b4 they zone imo
either way works

ah.... the sheer battle of wills that is EQ on emulation.... if it only came with continental breakfast, eh my friends??

lets not forget the real hero, little gyno. he gave his life for this thread.

Combobreaker
11-22-2013, 04:20 AM
hydradick is od

however, nowhere near as bad as GHOST LD PLAYERS FROM PLUGGERS SCARED OF PVPS

Silikten
11-22-2013, 05:08 AM
I agree with OP. This would be an awesome fix and put more of an edge on pvp. People cant just "go ham" on a grp and plug out when they get low like pussies. Forces them to either accept they can kill the grp or accept that they they cant.

Great post, great idea. Force them out LD and not invul.

Potus
11-22-2013, 05:12 AM
Plugging is classic. Deal with it.

Also you think plugging is bad now? Wait til you throw in that Item Loot you love so much. Melees won't leave the zoneline, even in outdoor zones.

Fawqueue
11-22-2013, 05:26 AM

Also you think plugging is bad now? Wait til you throw in that Item Loot you love so much. Melees won't leave the zoneline, even in outdoor zones.

Not only this, but Bluebs won't even bother with this server. So it'll be the exact same Red population we have now, just split two/three ways with some possible name changes.

If we're going to add-in item loot, the single scariest concept to a blue-oriented character who is probably new to PvP, then we need to provide the few escapes the game allows. This includes plugging. If you've driven them to disconnect and end their play session, you've won PvP.

Gustoo
11-22-2013, 11:16 AM

Yes they will.

For cowards u can go to teams. For heroes item loot can be enabled on red so PvP can be fun.

big mouth chew
11-22-2013, 11:28 AM
If you've driven them to disconnect and end their play session, you've won PvP.

this

and if you really really wanted that killshot, just play better next time and maybe itll happen

Retti_
11-22-2013, 12:05 PM
Naw

big mouth chew
11-22-2013, 12:12 PM
shits classic
kill em b4 they zone imo
either way works

Lasher
11-22-2013, 05:49 PM
Zone line dancing/plugging added/adds a type of strategy thats been around since day 1. Times i love it and times I hate it. But honestly if nilbog was like " hey i can make it so our emu server have no zone lines or waiting period" I dont think id like it but who knows

Andis
11-22-2013, 05:51 PM
fail thread imo

Kergan
11-22-2013, 06:26 PM
Zone line dancing/plugging added/adds a type of strategy thats been around since day 1. Times i love it and times I hate it. But honestly if nilbog was like " hey i can make it so our emu server have no zone lines or waiting period" I dont think id like it but who knows

Watching someone get chased all the way from SK to Qeynos would be pretty hilarious. Not to mention someone training a mob like Nagafen all the way into the EC tunnel. Or parking Trakanon at the DL druid rings. There are some weird mob agro mechanics too, what if VS and Gore would team up on Trak if you trained them all into each other? The possibilities would be endless! You could have EQ versions of bumfights to bet on.

I just can't imagine EQ without zones/zonelines. It would be a completely different experience.

Kilbur
11-22-2013, 10:53 PM
You are complaining about never finding pvp but you joined the guild that is the majority of the server? Time to host in guild pvp battles I guess....

Dullah
11-22-2013, 11:46 PM
More important than zone plugging, players should not have ability and discipline timers refreshing while offline. Its more important to prevent players from being able to disc, DA, mend and so forth after they plug out for a set duration of time.

After thats fixed, they could differentiate zone plugging from other types of disconnects, and extend the lockout time on zone pluggers for a longer duration. That would at least eliminate the zone plug tactics without putting melee at a severe disadvantage. If you could make a bunch of people plug, them being unable to log in for 10+ minutes would give you a window to do whatever you're trying to do.

Colgate
11-23-2013, 12:55 AM
lost count of how many times nizzar or nothxu or bulletproofx or <insert awful nihilum monk> would get SHITSTOMPED by me, then plug, come back 6 minutes later, mend, plug ad nauseum until they're back at 100% ready for their second shot

as a monk who could easily abuse this, change it imo

Gustoo
11-24-2013, 03:05 AM
Good point about disc resets Dullah. I never thought of that.

I want mana to regen while I'm offline...

Clark
11-24-2013, 08:34 AM
plugging is pretty pathetic

kotton05
11-24-2013, 11:37 AM
if you plug you should die in RL

and your family

Ezpk
12-24-2013, 07:54 PM
bump for change!

also, tranny-locators plx

Hateraid
12-24-2013, 08:02 PM
Trust me... It's a lot deeper than just not wanting to die...

Clark
12-25-2013, 04:39 AM
Should remove plugging. I don't play anymore, but that stuff was weak.

Complexity
12-29-2013, 11:07 PM
Ezpk just plugged from me in erudin. This thread is irrelevant.

Vile
12-29-2013, 11:09 PM
HEH

Colgate
12-29-2013, 11:23 PM
ezpk would be a solid B-teamer if he weren't so retarded and angry all the time

Ezpk
12-30-2013, 02:11 AM
Ezpk just plugged from me in erudin. This thread is irrelevant.

we had a nice 1v1 in toxx one day and you come to forums to mention this after finding me with 40% and rez effects? i guess

Ames who?
12-30-2013, 02:27 AM
we had a nice 1v1 in toxx one day and you come to forums to mention this after finding me with 40% and rez effects? i guess

Right now if you are lucky enough to find pvp on Red99, chances are it's going to end at a zoneline. That's awful for a pvp server.
People should be forced to fight to the death, or flee like the coward that they are.

Agatha
12-30-2013, 03:41 AM
NAW NAW