PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Discs should not refresh while offline...

Alecta
11-09-2013, 09:31 PM
From a PM:

This is not just a pvp issue but Disc and skills should not refresh while offline.

Right now you can log out and your timers continue while offline. However this is not classic and should be fixed.

Any confirmation / denial? Never played a melee, so I dont have any first hand memories.

Nizzarr
11-10-2013, 12:21 AM
http://www.albrandes.com/skden/articles/HT.asp

Dullah
11-10-2013, 07:53 AM
Don't recall anything refreshing while offline.

Not really that big of a deal on blue, but on red it means a whole lot of players that use HT/LoH, disciplines, mend, DA and other powerful abilities just to plug out for 30 minutes immediately afterwards while they're on cool down.

Definitely not classic.

Treats
11-11-2013, 01:51 PM
You should have to be logged into the game world on the specific character for the Harm Touch/Lay of Hands timer to count down. Tested on the EQMac Server. If you are on the same account but a different character the timer WILL NOT count down.

I'm pretty sure Disciplines should work the same way but I did not have a high enough level character on EQMac to test.

I'm not sure on other special skills -- Mend for example -- Never got a chance to test.

maximum
11-11-2013, 02:52 PM
Nice find!

SamwiseRed
11-11-2013, 03:24 PM
wow cooldowns refresh while offline here? ofc its not classic. its why manaburning wizards would stay in nexus for 2 hours or w/e afk then go kill someone. they always stayed online tho for cooldown.

Dullah
12-15-2013, 05:39 PM
bump

Need this fix on red server especially