PDA

View Full Version : T99 will require FTE and Variance.

Elderan
11-09-2013, 01:21 PM
Six months in the new server will be closer to the blue server than a pvp server.

When you have multiple guilds sitting waiting for trakanon to spawn and those guilds are the same team you will have to use FTE. Once enough of these get to level you will have to put variance in.

Just understand this will be required for T99. The thing that everyone hates most about Blue.

Eslade
11-09-2013, 01:22 PM
I'm buying stock in socks.

Lowlife
11-09-2013, 01:26 PM
Elderan waging ineffective propaganda campaign against teams.

everyone excited about it except tomato and elderan.

runlvlzero
11-09-2013, 01:35 PM
Pity reply.

Greegon
Six months in the new server will be closer to the blue server than a pvp server.

When you have multiple guilds sitting waiting for trakanon to spawn and those guilds are the same team you will have to use FTE. Once enough of these get to level you will have to put variance in.

Just understand this will be required for T99. The thing that everyone hates most about Blue.
stfu

big mouth chew
i also think teams will be shitty but i wont start a thread about it

Vexenu
11-09-2013, 01:41 PM
Have raid mobs spawn within a 6 hour window with a one hour advance shout. Example, Trakanon is killed, and can respawn anywhere from 72-78 hours later. If he is going to spawn at 75 hours, a global shout announces he will spawn an hour from now at 74 hours. It's basically a one hour advance batphone to everyone on the server. More dedicated guilds will be rewarded by being in a defensive position at zone lines since they can camp the entire 6 hour window, but casual players will be able to move in to attack as the window closes in the final hour. Epic PvP will result. The precise timing could be tinkered with, the main necessity here is serverwide advance shouts for all raid mobs to encourage mass PvP competition for those mobs rather than poopsocking or locking down precise mob spawn times at off-peak hours.
Source: http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=120312

Frankly, I seriously doubt there will be any significant or ongoing raid mob disputes between guilds of the same faction. Guilds on the same Team have every incentive to help each other, since they need the backup when fighting the other factions.

If Evil team is FFA to itself then Evil guilds could PvP for every mob, even against other Evil guilds. This is an advantage and a disadvantage, since it gives them more freedom but weakens them internally relative to the Neut and Good teams. A hardcore endgame guild could go Evil and theoretically be guaranteed every raid mob if they win their PvP fights, but in doing so they would be fighting not just Goods and Neuts, but other Evil guilds as well. That is a precarious position to be in and one that is difficult to maintain.

Basically, with a good Teams ruleset the incentive shifts from having your single guild get every raid kill toward making sure that your TEAM gets every raid kill. Guilds are better off sharing the wealth with their allies and getting everyone on their faction as geared up as possible, since this increases the overall power of the team. Hoarding pixels within a single guild is pointless. A Teams guild would be much better off giving away epic pieces to members of other guilds rather than hoarding them in a guild bank in hopes of selling them, for example.

Lowlife
11-09-2013, 01:55 PM
tl;dr

waah waaah im losing my pixels

waah waah im losing my guild

waah waah i wasted countless hours

Alecta
11-09-2013, 02:08 PM
Frankly, I seriously doubt there will be any significant or ongoing raid mob disputes between guilds of the same faction.

Hate vs Vindictive. Black Prophecy vs Black Crown. Tides of Wrath vs. Smaller neut guilds.

It's happened in the past, but not sure it will happen with our population.

Lowlife
11-09-2013, 02:09 PM
/guildwar

solved.

runlvlzero
11-09-2013, 02:24 PM
Source: http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=120312

Frankly, I seriously doubt there will be any significant or ongoing raid mob disputes between guilds of the same faction. Guilds on the same Team have every incentive to help each other, since they need the backup when fighting the other factions.

If Evil team is FFA to itself then Evil guilds could PvP for every mob, even against other Evil guilds. This is an advantage and a disadvantage, since it gives them more freedom but weakens them internally relative to the Neut and Good teams. A hardcore endgame guild could go Evil and theoretically be guaranteed every raid mob if they win their PvP fights, but in doing so they would be fighting not just Goods and Neuts, but other Evil guilds as well. That is a precarious position to be in and one that is difficult to maintain.

Basically, with a good Teams ruleset the incentive shifts from having your single guild get every raid kill toward making sure that your TEAM gets every raid kill. Guilds are better off sharing the wealth with their allies and getting everyone on their faction as geared up as possible, since this increases the overall power of the team. Hoarding pixels within a single guild is pointless. A Teams guild would be much better off giving away epic pieces to members of other guilds rather than hoarding them in a guild bank in hopes of selling them, for example.

You know whats sad though? Most of the 60's on this box don't even play to help their guild or their "online friends". They play to aquire YT, twinks, and pixels for pizza. How to train that kind of inbreeding out of these players I do not think a simple rules set will do that. Only fresh players who follow the creed of helping the greater whole over themselves.

Nune
11-09-2013, 02:26 PM

lol, clinging so desperately for some way to give Nilly an advantage by being logged in 140 hours a week.

Vexenu
11-09-2013, 02:54 PM
Hate vs Vindictive. Black Prophecy vs Black Crown. Tides of Wrath vs. Smaller neut guilds.

With the exception of the evil side (due to the team being OP and overcrowded), from what I remember these were more like sibling disputes rather than serious, ongoing feuds. But I quit SZ shortly after Luclin so I can't speak for anything that happened after that.

The smaller pop should definitely help in this regard as well. Ideally the server would end up with at least one competitive endgame guild on each team with a handful of smaller guilds to ally with. A team that can work together across guilds will beat out a team that is crippled by infighting with every guild out for itself. Assuming relatively balanced population across each team, that gives the teams plenty incentive to work together.

SamwiseRed
11-09-2013, 03:03 PM
OP is a troll, just ignore the mad and bad.

lethdar
11-09-2013, 05:52 PM

Oh the sweet sweet platinum from otslak and rotbone paying me to train their rivals, good times pal.

lethdar
11-09-2013, 05:53 PM
Just had a flashback of me and cirus res boxing a vindictive tov raid when hate paid us off.

Dullah
11-09-2013, 06:37 PM
Not only will teams require FTE and variance, it will heavily favor the neckbeards (that this server was designed to combat) once they have max level chars in all 3 teams to kill anyone they want effectively making the server FFA.

Nune
11-09-2013, 06:45 PM
Not only will teams require FTE and variance, it will heavily favor the neckbeards (that this server was designed to combat) once they have max level chars in all 3 teams to kill anyone they want effectively making the server FFA.

Sigh, you Nilldo's are really just lowering the bad bar.

Which favors a neckbearded sock rocker:

Dragon spawns at Xpm, every team knows this, massive PvP battles in spawn area to establish zone dominance before pop.

or FTE/Var:

12hr window on dragon spawn (likely extending the window into the late hours of the night / early hours of the morning), meaning us working folk arent going to be up at 4am staring at a tree waitiing for a dragon, while Nilly scum have someone from all 3 teams sitting there, dragon pops, 1 of 3 dwellers throws a shoe at Dragon and runs around while you log your raid force onto said team.

90% of the "casual" or "working class" player arent going to have 3 50's on every team, you guys will though, if that's what it takes, right?

Lowlife
11-09-2013, 06:47 PM
Nihilum so, so mad about teams lol

Milton
11-09-2013, 11:48 PM
you Nilldo

I like it

Exotics
11-09-2013, 11:54 PM
when i grow up i want to be like elderan.

jk

Stasis01
11-10-2013, 12:37 AM
Only one as addicted and deranged as Elderan can be like "This 1 guild PVE farm box with no population is SWEET"

Guys so worried about his shit it's crazy.

Stasis01
11-10-2013, 12:40 AM
I have been a strong supporter of teams, I'd hate to think the reason it failed was because people dedicated their lives to exploit it to farm PVE dragons on an emulator 5 days a week but it may just happen.

I hope a better system and ruleset might just make it fun, but people do dedicate their lives to relive 1999 pretty hard, it will be fun and fresh at the very least - first few months of new boxes are worth it just for that alone even if people reject it.

Stasis01
11-10-2013, 12:41 AM

Dude

susvain0362
11-10-2013, 01:27 AM
Lol. No denying elderan is bothered by t99. Whats the difference, currently nilly farms the same content on a dead server, when t99 is running nilly will still be farming u contested on a dead server. Atleast with teams there will finally be literally zero competition. Isnt that whatnyou want

Greegon
11-10-2013, 01:42 AM

kind of like this server where you guys all log in at 5am for VS? aren't you guys the neckbeards... so dellusional...

thugcruncher
11-10-2013, 01:46 AM
http://www.ausgamers.com/gameres/3949/images/695/Alex_Afrasiabi.jpg

Pudge
11-10-2013, 02:07 AM

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooooooooooo

if you get sick of "FTE poopsock" then how about you roll on the opposing team and slay your former team? self balancing NERD

Rallyd
11-10-2013, 02:09 AM
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooooooooooo

if you get sick of "FTE poopsock" then how about you roll on the opposing team and slay your former team? self balancing NERD

Wait a minute... isn't that the definition of FFA? Except you don't have to remake your character amirite? lololololol

s1ckness
11-10-2013, 02:16 AM
Wait a minute... isn't that the definition of FFA? Except you don't have to remake your character amirite? lololololol

http://www.salem-news.com/stimg/april172010/farva.jpg

Stinkum
11-10-2013, 02:48 AM
I heard elderan lies awake at night, unable to sleep, in feverish sweats since the announcement of t99.

pls have compassion

susvain0362
11-10-2013, 02:50 AM
I heard elderan lies awake at night, unable to sleep, in feverish sweats since the announcement of t99.

pls have compassion

Aenor
11-10-2013, 03:23 AM

LOL... FTE... on a PvP server??? I guess the only hope is to have three teams where you are allowed to attack your own teammates. You wouldn't be able to group or guild outside your team but you have the option of attacking anybody on the server that's within level range. I actually like this idea. No bluebie PvP protection, just divide it into teams so the whole server can't be in one guild. Otherwise Elderan is correct, Teams will be just as bloob as current server.

Fawqueue
11-10-2013, 03:36 AM

Lets worry about having a server popular enough to field multiple raid-level guilds for each team before we worry about how to deal with them.

thugcruncher
11-10-2013, 03:38 AM

Vexenu
11-10-2013, 03:51 AM
LOL... FTE... on a PvP server??? I guess the only hope is to have three teams where you are allowed to attack your own teammates. You wouldn't be able to group or guild outside your team but you have the option of attacking anybody on the server that's within level range. I actually like this idea. No bluebie PvP protection, just divide it into teams so the whole server can't be in one guild. Otherwise Elderan is correct, Teams will be just as bloob as current server.

I think this is an idea that should be kept on the shelf and possibly implemented down the line if necessary. I also think it should probably be isolated to level 50+. But being able to attack your own faction at the high end while still being unable to group or assist enemy factions would definitely make for an interesting political dynamic between guilds.

Or failing that, perhaps some sort of GM-forced /guildwar between guilds of the same faction that couldn't play nice together.

tomato2
11-10-2013, 03:26 PM
teams are gay shut the fuck up about it already

Chronoburn
11-10-2013, 03:47 PM
Wasn't too big of an issue on SZ. Was a problem for a while for the evils as mentioned with Hate/Vindictive. But in the end, each team had 1 top guild. The top tier guilds recruited from the lesser guilds in order to compete in pve/pvp.

The biggest issue with T99 will be players staying loyal to their team. People re-rolling to team ez is what killed SZ. Red99 has already shown that the majority of the population is only loyal to pixels.

While I'm excited for teams, I'm just wondering how long until 75% of the pop. is on 1 team.

Lowlife
11-10-2013, 03:50 PM
Wasn't too big of an issue on SZ. Was a problem for a while for the evils as mentioned with Hate/Vindictive. But in the end, each team had 1 top guild. The top tier guilds recruited from the lesser guilds in order to compete in pve/pvp.

The biggest issue with T99 will be players staying loyal to their team. People re-rolling to team ez is what killed SZ. Red99 has already shown that the majority of the population is only loyal to pixels.

While I'm excited for teams, I'm just wondering how long until 75% of the pop. is on 1 team.

lock people into teams per IP

Chronoburn
11-10-2013, 03:58 PM
Oh and when teams get lopsided. T99 will require training but that won't happen legally.

Tikku82
11-10-2013, 07:13 PM
Oh and when teams get lopsided. T99 will require training but that won't happen legally.

Allow training. Simple. Why wouldn't they allow!? People that whine can whine. Training is needed and fun part of pvp

Chronoburn
11-10-2013, 07:22 PM
Staff has already stated that training will not be allowed. Maybe they will reconsider but it's doubtful.

Tikku82
11-10-2013, 07:22 PM
Staff has already stated that training will not be allowed. Maybe they will reconsider but it's doubtful.

Did they say why? They need a good reason for that

Chronoburn
11-10-2013, 07:39 PM
Not that I recall but I believe Sirken stated this a while back.

lethdar
11-10-2013, 07:52 PM
Hail sir chronar, salute da neut

Chronoburn
11-10-2013, 09:04 PM
Hail Leth.

Hope to see you on teams pal.

Stasis01
11-10-2013, 09:50 PM
End game will be a shit show regardless of rule set - just look at blue, and FFA - what we want to do is attract more people to a ruleset that has more casual appeal, which it will.

Velious may add enough content and help mix things up, who knows.

All I can say is FFA wasteland of no people funneled into a fucking tornado of account stripping, account deleting (I enjoyed that BTW destin when red99 burns to the ground we will always have mellowyellow) RL attacks, ship jumpers, ragers, just all around scum of the earth losers (a lot of good ppl too)

Ah fuck it phone peace.

Dullah
11-10-2013, 10:33 PM
The dregs of society attracted to EQ and eq pvp in particular will be a problem no matter where you go. Fortunately for r99, many of the other problems that have kept the population down are being dealt with by Alecta. No ruleset will prevent some problems, but the biggest things people cry about on r99 with an "unstoppable zerg" will be even worse on a teams server.

What project 1999 should do is just release a 2nd blue/red hybrid server that is blue except during contested spawns. If VS is spawning in KC for instance, an hour prior to his spawn KC and adjacent zones (DL in this example) should be FFA PvP enabled. This would actually make for a better environment while still providing a way for players to compete for mobs without First to Engage, variance or GMs being involved. A server like that would be middle of the road enough to appeal to both crowds to some degree without being detrimental to either server. People who hate pvp would not want it, while people who love pvp would find such a blue/red hybrid server to be too blue.

tomato2
11-10-2013, 11:09 PM
blabla

Greegon
11-11-2013, 05:19 AM
The dregs of society attracted to EQ and eq pvp in particular will be a problem no matter where you go. Fortunately for r99, many of the other problems that have kept the population down are being dealt with by Alecta. No ruleset will prevent some problems, but the biggest things people cry about on r99 with an "unstoppable zerg" will be even worse on a teams server.

What project 1999 should do is just release a 2nd blue/red hybrid server that is blue except during contested spawns. If VS is spawning in KC for instance, an hour prior to his spawn KC and adjacent zones (DL in this example) should be FFA PvP enabled. This would actually make for a better environment while still providing a way for players to compete for mobs without First to Engage, variance or GMs being involved. A server like that would be middle of the road enough to appeal to both crowds to some degree without being detrimental to either server. People who hate pvp would not want it, while people who love pvp would find such a blue/red hybrid server to be too blue.

sounds like too much work tbh

susvain0362
11-11-2013, 05:20 AM

Lol

Bazia
11-11-2013, 05:28 AM
It's easy to disregard any post Destin has ever created when you reference the fact he immediately applied for the most common, turbulent less, and easiest experience red99 has to offer.

s1ckness
11-11-2013, 05:30 AM
destin and elderan post r the best

Greegon
11-11-2013, 05:55 AM
It's easy to disregard any post Destin has ever created when you reference the fact he immediately applied for the most common, turbulent less, and easiest experience red99 has to offer.

http://i.minus.com/iUySOEycAJvkO.gif

Smedy
11-11-2013, 06:28 AM
I find it hilarious that nihilum crew rages about same team would lead to no pvp

yet when server was being farmed uncontested nihi crew didn't split up into 2 to pvp eachother, they endlessly farmed gear without any pvp

deese kids

Bazia
11-11-2013, 06:59 AM
also elderan is wrong they can just dps race for mob

exp gets loot

NOW WUT

Dullah
11-11-2013, 06:33 PM
I find it hilarious that nihilum crew rages about same team would lead to no pvp

yet when server was being farmed uncontested nihi crew didn't split up into 2 to pvp eachother, they endlessly farmed gear without any pvp

deese kids

When we were "uncontested" we generally raided with around 20 people and were barely capable of doing anything, let alone pvping each other for rights to a dragon.

but spin spin that propaganda if it soothes your butthurt

heartbrand
11-11-2013, 06:37 PM
When we were "uncontested" we generally raided with around 20 people and were barely capable of doing anything, let alone pvping each other for rights to a dragon.

but spin spin that propaganda if it soothes your butthurt

That's completely inaccurate, I have plenty of DKP logs, we've been rolling 30+ deep for a long, long time with a few "dips" here and there along the way. The few instances of "20" people were a couple of saturday night traks. Shrug, w/e, ForumQuest tho.

Lowlife
11-11-2013, 06:38 PM
HB, box champion, grey knight and turner of leaves

http://images.cdn.bigcartel.com/bigcartel/product_images/28755725/max_h-1000+max_w-1000/maccabee.jpeg

i dub thee Judah Maccabee.

Dullah
11-11-2013, 06:43 PM
That's completely inaccurate, I have plenty of DKP logs, we've been rolling 30+ deep for a long, long time with a few "dips" here and there along the way. The few instances of "20" people were a couple of saturday night traks. Shrug, w/e, ForumQuest tho.

And as you know when you are dropping to 20 on any night, it means you are struggling to progress in VP. Just like in classic when we were "uncontested raiding", it means we were trying to do Keeper of Souls with 18 people "zerging" it up.

Also lol @ "thats completely inaccurate" and then in the same sentence there are a "few instances".

Dullah
11-11-2013, 07:53 PM
Butttt rogeannnn we want to farm pixels and level alts without all that annoying pvp involved! : (

wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh : ( : ( : (

http://s22.postimg.org/p0bfcdagx/Snapshot_20131111_7.jpg

A lot of people would find that appealing and it was suggested for their benefit, not mine. My preference is FFA for life, but that doesn't mean I won't attempt to provide valuable feedback for the sake of the project.

The suggestion was made because such a server would specifically appeal to the "in between" players who don't actually want to pvp all the time, but also dislike the constraint in blue raiding with FTE and variance. Like I said, this kind of server would be less detrimental to the two current servers which are completely blue and completely red. A teams server which is only slightly bluer than FFA is not a proper middle of the road alternative to the present servers, and will only have a negative impact on red99 (just like the trolls are hoping).