PDA

View Full Version : Why a hard coded ruleset favors Nihilum

Aenor
11-09-2013, 05:57 AM
The basement dwelling trust fund babies and those who keep their utilities on with a brisk blooming onion trade are able to play 16 hours a day. They will have max level max geared characters on every team if it's Sullon style hard coded teams. Thus why I say more teams = better.

Gustoo
11-09-2013, 06:00 AM
FFA has the most teams of all, and it seems this ruleset also favors nihilum.

In the end there is no hope we just have to do the best we can. Maximum playtime always wins.

Aenor
11-09-2013, 06:03 AM
Haha no teams does not = most teams.

Fawqueue
11-09-2013, 06:10 AM
FFA has the most teams of all, and it seems this ruleset also favors nihilum.

In the end there is no hope we just have to do the best we can. Maximum playtime always wins.

Maximum playtime and better coordination is usually the deciding factor.

Nihilum doesn't rule red because of the ruleset here anymore than they will on teams. It's the history of server nonsense early on that left them standing, for too long, with nobody to organize and challenge them.

Teams won't necessarily mean the same thing is going to happen. Many people who don't play on Red now will probably try teams, and all it would take is some strong leadership to rally the right people and you won't see Nihilum dominate that box like they did Red.

runlvlzero
11-09-2013, 06:27 AM
At least on a hard coded teams server I know my group mate is not going to be able to swing their 2hander into my sitting ass. This is still a problem on this server amongst the more excitable newbz.

People get on FFA and think mad max. They don't think strategically. Even if you don't show any sign of weekness, theres no consequences for attacking your teammate with a solo class. There for slowly degrading the server till the only economy/raid system is run by neckbeards with 24/7 play time and exploits.

Teams does work to mitigate this some by giving people a margin of safety and indirectly influencing peoples play styles. If your good, you can be in the top guild of your team, whether thats a cross teaming guild or not. You have pals to play and level with.

I for one would rather cross teaming at the end game than dealing with jerks throughout the middle game.

Dullah
11-09-2013, 07:20 AM
The basement dwelling trust fund babies and those who keep their utilities on with a brisk blooming onion trade are able to play 16 hours a day. They will have max level max geared characters on every team if it's Sullon style hard coded teams. Thus why I say more teams = better.

Said players will always have the advantage in the progression based timesink of a game called Everquest.

There is no ruleset that affords more advantages and opportunities for countering neckbeards as free for all. The recruitment pool for any guild is not hindered by team population, players can loot and bail at will as well as infiltrate the opposition without devoting time to a second character.

runlvlzero
11-09-2013, 07:54 AM
Said players will always have the advantage in the progression based timesink of a game called Everquest.

There is no ruleset that affords more advantages and opportunities for countering neckbeards as free for all. The recruitment pool for any guild is not hindered by team population, players can loot and bail at will as well as infiltrate the opposition without devoting time to a second character.

Locking MACs to a team (i would prefer on a contractual basis) would stop the loot bailing/team hopping/infiltration to some degree.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=127496

Vexenu
11-09-2013, 08:30 PM
Let's think about this logically. What would be the point of taking the time to essentially create a version of Nihilum on every team? Say Nihilum version 1.0 is an Evil guild and starts dominating the server killing every raid mob.

What do they have to gain by taking the time to level up a bunch of Neutral and Good characters and forming Nihilim 2.0 and 3.0 on each team?

The only reasons would be to same-team train their enemies (which doesn't require an entire guild's worth of characters) or to PvP against members of their own original (evil) team.

In the first case, same-team training should be a bannable offense, and would be very obvious when it happened. In the second case, if Nihilum went to the trouble of creating an entire off-faction guild to PvP an evil guild...would they even really be an evil guild anymore? Are they going to be playing all teams at the same time? How many members is this going to take? Would they not understand that by killing their own team, they just help the other teams grow stronger? It just doesn't make sense.

Honestly the notion is just very unrealistic in my opinion. Further, with the simple rule of making Evil team FFA the entire issue would disappear from the get-go, since they would be able to PvP anyone they wanted anyway.

Finally, you don't seem to recognize that the issue of cross-teaming would become MORE prevalent with soft-coded teams. Under that scenario, Nihilum has all the incentive in the world to make a guild on each faction, since they could exploit immortal healing to win every PvP battle. They have no such incentive or possibility with hardcoded teams.

Dullah
11-09-2013, 09:10 PM
Locking MACs to a team (i would prefer on a contractual basis) would stop the loot bailing/team hopping/infiltration to some degree.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=127496

I have 2 computers and enough parts in storage to build a third. I also have multiple phone lines for phone activation if required.

Not to mention the fact that a mac address can be spoofed and virtual machine allows you to completely circumvent this issue.

Lowlife
11-09-2013, 09:17 PM
nihilum confirmed boxing, hacking, crying, and mad

you gunna install that required nilly spyware on all 3 comps?

Fawqueue
11-09-2013, 09:40 PM
I have 2 computers and enough parts in storage to build a third. I also have multiple phone lines for phone activation if required.

Not to mention the fact that a mac address can be spoofed and virtual machine allows you to completely circumvent this issue.

You'll waste an incredible amount of time and resources compared to me just to end up getting equal or less enjoyment. So by all means, go nuts.

runlvlzero
11-09-2013, 09:44 PM
You'll waste an incredible amount of time and resources compared to me just to end up getting equal or less enjoyment. So by all means, go nuts.

Pretty much there's always a way where there is a will. But the general server populace probably won't be that obssesed. It will be much harder for a guild like Nihilum to just corral the sheep if they are all on opposing sides and already well established themselves. Most likely you would only do this to spy. And wouldn't be getting much more benifit out of it becuase you will be TOLD what team to roll on by your LORD AND MASTER. Nizzard. And you will obey like an obediant lapdog.

Not that teams has anything to do with YOU, or Nihilum.

My friend, its all about a different more bluebie pvp experience than what most of these psycho's are use to.

*** all you referese to Dullah, meant to quote him.

Also Dullah, have fun getting banned on each and every one of your fresh new MACs for MQ and spyware installation.

Dullah
11-09-2013, 10:09 PM
Also Dullah, have fun getting banned on each and every one of your fresh new MACs for MQ and spyware installation.

Dumb.

runlvlzero
11-09-2013, 10:13 PM
Dumb.

http://i.imgur.com/MA0sMzZ.gif

Stasis01
11-09-2013, 10:33 PM
Teams won't fix the end game raid scene.

You can't have a fun competetive raid scene with no population and no attraction to casuals and ah fuck it peace.

Sektor
11-09-2013, 10:42 PM
nihilum confirmed boxing, hacking, crying, and mad

you gunna install that required nilly spyware on all 3 comps?

lol I love these forums

Milton
11-09-2013, 11:16 PM
lol I love these forums

and your nihi mandated cavity search! :D Dry.

Slathar
11-10-2013, 12:38 AM
i cant wait to train the fuck out of the teams server

i mean, i cant wait to play teams99

runlvlzero
11-10-2013, 12:39 AM
i cant wait to train the fuck out of the teams server

i mean, i cant wait to play teams99

Use fear instead, its way more legit.