PDA

View Full Version : Fresh Install issues

Sindele
11-04-2013, 07:10 PM
Hi there,

I made a fresh install (several actually) -> Duxa Install thingy -> Downloaded V30 -> did the Patchme thingy and i keep getting this error: (I did the above stuff in several mixed ways on clean installs)

EverQuest: Windows - Program Error

Instruction at 0x02a845b4 referenced memory at 0x0376f0dc. Memory could not read.

I get this error just after selecting what server i want to go on, and clicking "Play". It goes to the loading screen with the loading bar, and the message pops at "Loading Characters" text on the loading bar.

I've done everything i could imagine and read from both here and emu. I tried the windowed, the 800x600, copy pasta a .ini, using duxa, using the walkthrough from in here. And Launch Titanium isnt working neither.

Halp!

Lyra
11-04-2013, 07:54 PM
Try this:

It's the Windows Compatibility. Click on properties of the icon you're using to launch p1999 with and then compatibility. Make it to XP SP3. Check a box that says to run as admin.

Lyra
11-04-2013, 07:59 PM
run as administrator

Sindele
11-04-2013, 08:15 PM
Try this:

This worked! Thank you so much

Lyra
11-04-2013, 08:22 PM
YAY!

Boilon
01-10-2014, 06:59 PM
so i am having this exact same problem - I did a fresh install with the current 'Getting Started' guide on the website here - but its not working, I am running a windows 8.1 Toshiba laptop and I am getting the same problems as the OP.

Except when I try to run as administrator I get an error - Windows cannot find 'eqgame'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

I am really at my wits end and I really want to play again and don't want to quit playing but I can't seem to figure anything out and none of the suggestions from my guild has worked either :(

I think this is a resolution related problem with my game but I'm not sure.... on my eqclient.ini file there is nothing regarding WindowedMode=TRUE - which used to show up on my file on my PC?

My game crashes when I am logging in to the server...

please someone help :( will give a reward to anyone in game for anyone who can help me ><

baalzy
01-10-2014, 07:01 PM
Try running Duxa installer and then right-click 'Run As Administrator' again.

(I don't run a win8 box so I have no idea if it's specific to windows8 but it just sounds like your shortcut is incorrect, DUXA should fix it).

Boilon
01-10-2014, 07:18 PM
can you elaborate a bit more for me? I downloaded Duxa I think but I don't know how to use it... the download i got had no .exe or anything to install... maybe it was a bad download - do you have a download link for what I should be using?

baalzy
01-10-2014, 07:22 PM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28335

Heres the link to the duxa installer. You run the .exe then just follow what it says. Lets you choose to use classic models, fix thunder/rain sounds, specify windowed or full screen, what resolution, creates and adds shortcuts to the desktop (I've found the one labeled specifically for use for P99 not to work, so I just use the generic EverQuest one it creates). It will then launch the EQEmu patcher which may ask you to do some additional setup (navigate to the EQ directory with eqgame.exe ect..) you should be able to get in after that as long as you run as administrator.

Boilon
01-10-2014, 07:31 PM
OMFG I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU
I have been trying all day! Come see me in game if you want a reward! <3

baalzy
01-10-2014, 08:01 PM
:)

Unless you're a lurking EC fat cat with plat to spare, it's all good ;P