PDA

View Full Version : Recharging should be removed from blue

SamwiseRed
11-02-2013, 12:49 PM
Blue already ezpz. Why keep this in game. Despite being classic, I dont think it was necessarily intended. It trivializes alot of things. Red manages without it, I am sure this server could too.

Remove duck canceling while you are at it :)

Aaron
11-02-2013, 12:52 PM
low effort trolling

SamwiseRed
11-02-2013, 12:53 PM
naw not trolling, havent had my coffee yet. it was removed on red because its border line exploitable. not sure why its kept on blue.

Ele
11-02-2013, 12:53 PM
one is classic, the other is not.

SamwiseRed
11-02-2013, 12:55 PM
not argueing that fact hence in OP i said

Despite being classic

but if there was a classic way to bug out mobs, would you not want it fixed? I look at recharging the same way. its trivializing the OT hammer quest for one, wc caps, ect. why do people feel the need to make an easy game easier?

SamwiseRed
11-02-2013, 12:57 PM
kind of like invis pulling. even if it was/is classic, how can you argue for keeping that mechanic is game?

Langrisserx
11-02-2013, 01:00 PM
stfu nerd

Bazia
11-02-2013, 01:10 PM
he's right it insanely trivializes the entire game with how powerful some clickies are and how cheap they are to recharge

ez mode gonna ez

Champion_Standing
11-02-2013, 01:27 PM
It is an exploit that was never intended to be part of the gameplay. There were also some "safe spots" in classic that allowed a player to stand and cast/attack mobs without getting aggro...should these be put back in because they are "classic" too?

kaev
11-02-2013, 02:03 PM
It is an exploit that was never intended to be part of the gameplay. There were also some "safe spots" in classic that allowed a player to stand and cast/attack mobs without getting aggro...should these be put back in because they are "classic" too?

Vendor recharge trick is no more an "exploit" than, for example, FD splitting of pulls or CH rotations on raid tanks. Was not originally intended gameplay, but was never banned by Verant/Sony who were very aware of it. Later content mostly lacked items for which vendor recharge was economically feasible. Vendor recharge was not removed from the game until the content it worked for was (mostly) obsolete and unimportant (2003? can't recall), even tho it could've easily been removed years earlier.

Telin
11-02-2013, 02:15 PM
Those vendors have connections.

Tikker
11-02-2013, 02:45 PM
Its weird

I remember going to one of the zeks for test of tactics competition and lady daegarmo (the zek gm) specifically telling us to recharge items before matches

aubie
11-02-2013, 04:34 PM
You're either classic or you're not. Server is either classic or it's not. I don't run it, so I live with it.

Aenor
11-02-2013, 11:29 PM
Samwise going blue... /sadface

Jarnauga
11-02-2013, 11:33 PM
a classic bug is still a bug.

The whole multiquesting thing should be removed to, it's obviously a bug. What's the point of having no drop items if you can just MQ it and sell it anyway ?

Just my opinion /shrug

Tikker
11-03-2013, 02:07 AM
a classic bug is still a bug.

The whole multiquesting thing should be removed to, it's obviously a bug. What's the point of having no drop items if you can just MQ it and sell it anyway ?

Just my opinion /shrug

well, especially the epics that you couldn't complete on your own before lvl 50/51

SamwiseRed
11-03-2013, 02:10 AM
good point.

mqing is an even worse mechanic than recharging. taking MQs away will really put a dent in the RMT circle. at least make it more inconvenient.

Tasslehofp99
11-03-2013, 02:14 AM
Take out epic MQs maybe but soulfires and recharging? Shits classic.

While you're at it remove all of the upgraded sky quest rewards tilll they are classically appropriate. Then also remove non-classic raiding features of p99 like variance (extended variance so bad) and remove training from VP since that shit isn't classic either. Also, I want to be able to drop coins on the ground!!

Tikker
11-03-2013, 02:54 AM
good point.

mqing is an even worse mechanic than recharging. taking MQs away will really put a dent in the RMT circle. at least make it more inconvenient.

there's some stuff that makes sense to MQ

like the velious armour pattern drops

I actually don't even care so much about epics being MQ'd (it's a bit lame) but there's a level restriction on doing the quest, there should be on the reward (if that makes sense)

I dunno

MQing made sense back in the day when you had no idea what parts were for what, and shit was rare

Swish
11-03-2013, 10:49 AM
good point.

Grouped with a very rich young rogue yesterday with his epic, take it away...epics on teen level characters... not classic.