PDA

View Full Version : Evil Shaman Solo Guide 1-56+

Pages : [1] 2

BlkCamel
11-02-2013, 03:58 AM
I made this as a way too long response to a seeking shaman advice post and figured it was worth it's own thread.

I recently joined the server after being away from EQ for about 7 years. I played a Barb Shaman as my main and exclusively for the last 4 years that I played. Needless to say when I found P99 I chose Shaman as my main because A.Nostalgia B.Power. Rolled an Ogre this time which did take some getting used to compared to the Good Allied Barb. Here would be my solo shaman tips from someone who has recently rolled on p99 as an evil and made it to 60 solo.

THE GUIDE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Level 1-9 - Stay between Feerott, and Innothule swamp. Kill anything that is even/blue. Loot and sell as much as you can, there is an outdoor vendor near bridge in Feerott you can sell to. If you happen to hunt lizards stay away from the camps, you wont win the split. Focus on roamers and then move to entrance of Guk in Innothule Swamp at around level 5. Kill the guards in front of the zoneline to Upper Guk and everything that roams the entrance. May have to run out and get Fungus men as you gain levels (Watch out for Good Faction NPC that roams to the right if facing out from Guk). Do not worry about the swamp waters getting in your way, make it an advantage. Although it slows you down and can lead to some trains if runner gets away. You will train your swim pretty fast making it easier and you will appreciate it later. Once you are around level 8 go towards Ro zoneline and kill crocs and fungus for faster xp (Also make sure you go train Meditate at level 8). At level 9 go buy these spells; Light Healing (9), Spirit of Wolf (9), Tainted Breath (9), Summon Food (9), Bind Affinity (14), Root (14), Spirit Strike (14), Walking Sleep (14). Feel free to buy any others you can afford but this is all you need for now.

TRAVEL TIME ~-~-~-~-~-~ Ok level 9 you have sow. Head to Oasis and catch boat to OT. From OT get a Levitate from someone in zone, and get a bind at outpost w/invis in-case you find trouble on the journey. Run through Warsilks Woods to Field of Bone. Essentially just follow the shore to left of Outpost and then along zone wall. Once in FoB go to Kaesora ruins and get a bind from a higher level. Watch out for the Red Con skeleton that roams the ruins, bind in the safe tunnel by zone-line to Kaesora.

Level 9-12ish - Kill in the pit, outside the pit, again anything that is blue; Scorpians, Bandits, Burnyai's, Skeletons, Ugly Dogs, you name it. At level 12 or 13 head to Kurns. Best xp Modifier in game which means quicker, easier leveling during some of the hardest levels for a Shaman. Do not worry about looting items at this point unless it is stack-able, especially bone chips.

Level13-19 - Kill the first floor of Kurns Tower. Kill as many as you can, as fast as you can, there will be competition. There is enough for all though as you can start going upstairs as you level. I recommend staying away from basement and the Burnyai's there as they are OP for level. Loot all Bone chips and if your lucky you might find a Clicky wizard wand worth a couple k. At level 19 It is time to leave (Can stay in Kurns Upper Level until 22 and skip next step if you were able to afford level 19 spells prior to coming to Kunark). You should have around 25 stacks of bone chips if not more plus any stack-able items to sell and coin you collected. Bone chips easily sell in the 7-10 plat per stack range. I sold all 25 stacks I got for 10p each and this was in the last 3 months.

TRAVEL TIME ~-~-~-~-~-~ At level 19 it is time to leave Kunark and go back home to re-spell up and hopefully find a full set of Banded Armor (Don't Forget to Train Dodge Available at level 15). At this time you can afford to buy any and all spells you want. You eventually want to save up 500p to buy 5ac/55hp rings x2. They are the best bang for buck and you won't replace them for 55+ levels.

Level 19-22 - I will admit That this may not be the best xp per kill for this level range but Oasis Crocs is where I would call home. Remember to bind on yourself on the way in South Ro, at the Vendor right by Oasis Zone line. You can go to beach and kill crocs solo at P2 which is the rock formation sticking out of the water, south of docks. You can safely med on the rock and pop down to kill crocs and undead. Levels go by pretty quick even if the per kill xp isn't tops. Save words and auction them to low level researchers, can sell for 20p+ on many words. Even a quick 10p is worth it.

Travel Time ~-~-~-~-~-~ Head back home and buy the important level 24/29/34 all the way up to level 39 if you can afford it. So far you have Full set of banded and hopefully your 5ac/55hp rings and spells as high as you can (to prevent having to run back home). Head through Rathe Mtns/Lake to South Karana and run to the Centaur Camp where you will find a vendor. Bind at him. Gate and sell when needed.

Level 22-29 - Kill Centaurs and trash at fort (They have no faction and the vendor will still sell to.) Kill Aviaks at KFC or head towards NK zone and kill trash by bridge. From 24-29 I stayed to left of bridge from NK zone line and killed all the roamers which are plentiful.

Alternate Spot: 22-25ish:

24-26: Solo the two aviaks in the nests above the arena zoneline in lake rathe. They spawn every 6 minutes, so you should be able to root/rot them and be back to full mana/hp before they respawn. They drop bronze weapons, gems, etc. And there are vendors in zone. If you haven't saved enough for 2x 5/55 rings, you'll get the cash here.

Alternate Spot 26-31: Rathe Mountains by Lake Rathe Zone you will find Giant Skeletons and Cyclops that make for good XP. Skell's do not run low life though so keep that in mind. But good Blue mobs with little competition.

Here's where the $$$ comes.

Level 30-34 - Kill Treants in South Karana on zonewall by Centaurs. There are 2 static Treants that you can single pull. They look like both will pull but only one will. Get out malo to pull and nuke/poison dot it down. Be mindful of the heals when it is low life. Just try to get them running as soon as possible. Once you get the strat down you can kill them steadily and they drop upwards of 120gold which is 12plat and FS staffs that sell for 16plat gems that sell for 20plat + others. You will make several thousand plat per level here. This is where you can now go gear up a bit if you want(But I stayed in Banded+ac/hp rings until 44).

Level 34-40ish - Now that your level 34 head over bridge to NK where you will find 2 human Qeynos guards standing watch, with a 3rd that roams up on a long walk. You can stand at zone-line and kill guards here until 39-42. The roaming guard drops FS and you can sell your wares at the gypsy camp up the path, again you can bind here to make selling easier. I usually waited until I was 400pds overweight to sell, luckily shamans don't need to move to kill. XP is very fast as spawn is very fast. (Don't forget to head to WK and buy your Pet spells up to level 49 from the female barb in WK, buy them all don't want to come back out here).

Travel Time ~-~-~-~-~-~ We are now going to Leave NK and head home to respell up and change camps.

Level 40ish - 47ish - Spectres in either Oasis or Feerott by fear zone-line. Will make decent money here as specs drops weps worth 16p and gems. I did the Feerott ones. Can clear back 3 or 4 uncontested a lot, but the ones in the front are camped often. Xp again here fly's by. You can stay til 50% mobs start turning LB at level 47/48 or so (although some stay til as high as 52).

Alternate Spot: 40ish-47ish:
Any other tips for a spot to get through 41-47 other than spectres? Thanks for the Question!

Dwarf Guards in BBM and Dock Folk (There are multiple spawns here but they hit hard, not a ton of life), Human Guards in Freeport by docks. Yeti Caves in DL, there are low level and higher level caves, good for this level range(may get multiples when pulling some yetis in cave, use dog to off-tank until root lands), back-wall of Karnor's in DL, OT near SF zone.

TRAVEL TIME ~-~-~-~-~-~ Head back home and buy level 49 spells and head to Oasis boat again. We are going to City of Mist. I came to CoM at level 48 with my banded + low level wis items and ac/hp rings and so can you. Bind in OT at outpost and head to Field of bone through WW again out of OT. Zone into EJ and head to CoM(optional rebind at Kaesora). Again this is a solo guide so we will be soloing in CoM.

48/49-52ish - Once you zone into CoM go across moat and open gate where the 3 Golems guard. Go through the gate and to the right where the temple is. Here you will find a safe spot to sit/med/camp. Sometimes there will be a group here or someone soloing. You want to make that you. Solo the temple if you can get the camp to yourself and duo/trio/group it if it is occupied. If you still want to solo and its camped, go near arena and pull golems from courtyard between temple and stable. You Will want to shout that you want shaman pages during this if you are doing your Epic (which I suggest you faction up to at this point, might as well get max faction while leveling).

53+ - Still in CoM, you can head up to 2nd level with, a shrink, a levitate, and an Invis to Undead. Duo/trio/group up there. If you have epic you can solo the ramparts until 56+.

City of Mist 2nd Level Solo Tactics; WARNING CURRENT RESIST CHANGES AFFECTING ROOT DURATION, ROOT WILL NOT ALWAYS BE MAX DURATION, BE ON YOUR TOES!

Here is the trick to doing CoM upstairs prior to level 56(when we get 3 minute root).

They key is to ALWAYS cast Malaisement on the Warboned Skele and Wraith's (highest level mobs). Some of the goo's can be resistant, but not all of them, so you can wait to see if root breaks early on them before spending the mana on Malaisement. (Make sure you always have Levitate or DMF on, so you don't fall off and can see better)

Casting Malaisement makes Enstil last for max duration, which is just a bit over an Epic click in length.

1.Root with ENSTILL ONLY(60mana 96 second duration).
2.Once you have aggro'd and rooted mob cast Level 34 Malaisement(http://wiki.project1999.com/Malaisement)

Or Pull with level 34 Malaisement and start at step 3

3. Re-root with ENSTILL
4. Click Epic(84 second duration).
5. Start re-rooting when you see Epic damage tick for 146dmg
6. Immediately Epic click and move on to next mob.
7. Re-do step 5 and 6 every-time Epic hits 146dmg on mob.

If you follow these steps you will be able to root/rot 3-4 mobs at a time, which is the only way this is effective since we are only using Epic for damage, saving all other mana for Enstill's, Malaisement, and Regen.

As an Ogre I sometimes had 5 or 6 mobs rooted at once if I got greedy and pulled without watching timers for respawn.

I did 54-56 on upper level using these tactics(you can stay til 60 if you wanted). Just avoid being hit by using Malaisement for MAX Duration Enstills, until you get Paralyzing Earth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alternate 53+ Spot: Barbarian Guards in Everfrost. There are 3 static spawns by Ice Fields that you can easily root rot until you ding 55, when they turn LB. Also there are Ice Giants that are DB/LB, even at 56 although drop half the plat of Furries. Never the less, there are 3 guarding Permafrost that make for easy camp/money.

FIN

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Commentary

56+ there are still more great solo spots, including some decent money spots. By then though, you should know about them and feel comfortable making your own path, so I won't expand farther then there. You will notice my guide focuses on limiting the downside of being evil by not requiring you to bank ever(banking in OT and home is always avail). Just buy gems to convert cash and spend it as you get it on gear upgrades/spells. This guide also focuses on not moving for large ranges of levels so you can maximize your play time, and minimize your chance of a long CR. It also emphasizes consistent camps that you can do for 5 minutes or 5 hours, all solo without gimmicks. Mainly just root and rot.

Speed is king, Once you are 50+ you can camp most items you want or a number of cash camps to fund any endeavor. So I want to level as fast as I can. Another thing you might notice is, you don't have to get a port for 50+ levels. Using this system I paid for maybe 3 ports over my first 50 levels. That saves you a ton of money. Another tip, don't ever go out of way for Clarity or donate for it. If someone casts on you as a freebie awesome, but spending your plat on temporary buffs will slow you down. Plus you'll end up wasting more time running around then if you just xp'd.

I was able to level to 55+ in 3 months (and 60 not long after) doing this and have afforded everything I have needed. I am now Epic'd, level 60, and ground my way to Torpor. Hopefully this helps you. If you have any questions or need strategy help just let me know.

Thank you to everyone who has provided feedback and questions. Feel free to add or comment or ask any questions, my in game name is Tumamor.

**** I have had questions about cash camps or places to go to make money to afford things like Torpor or Fungi, below is a great summary of the best/easiest camps any Shaman should be able to do to obtain these things, presuming he/she has Epic/Ingenuity. Also I have added a gear list that I have been PM'd about previously.

Lower Guk camps like AM/Frenzied/Lord/Tact+King would be good IMO.

AM - Robe goes for 3k easy. If you want to farm it I'll pay you 4k no problem!
Lord - Helm is 1k easy and common drop. SSoY people still buy to look cool, but you can vendor it for like 450 or sell for 500?
Frenzied - Rings are common and 50-100 plat. Sash is 8-9k.
Tactician - Book is probably 100 and Tiara is 5-6k.
King - Crown is 2k and common. Sword is like 500.

Just use epic click and root and AFK til root breaks or epic click ends.

That aside, in your 50s group in Sebilis. Mid-High 50s try to get crypt groups. Sell JBB/Hiero or hope for Emp to drop Torpor and win it.

This is pretty good advice other then Arch Magus. Guy hits you with ice comets and other nasty stuff. I have died to him enough to not consider him worth it. Now if camp is broken then sure you can do it, but don't waltz in expecting to drop him easy-peazy.

Another Suggestion is Droga, You have Chief and Soothsayer camps.

Soothsayer drops Earring of Essence(5-6k), and Chief drops Idol of the Thorned 6k-7k, his bodyguards drop; Circlet of Shadow(2k-3k) and Guantlets of Potence(6-7k) - Tumamor .

Fingers: 5ac/55hp rings x2
Wrists: Runed Mithril Bracer x2
Head: Totemic Helm/Platinum Tiara
Arms: Dusty Rusted Vambraces
Chest: Bloodstained Tunic/Chestplate of Froglok/Iksar Regen BP
Shoulders: Tattered Mantle/Embroidered Black Cape/Obulus Death Shroud
Back: Hooded Black Cloak
Ears: Forest Loop x2/Ivandyr's Hoop/Earring of Essence/Black Sapphire Electrum Earring
Feet: Jaundiced Bone Boots/Golden Efreeti Boots
Hands: Jaundiced Bone Gauntlets/Iksar Scaled Gloves
Legs: Gatorscale Leggings
Face: Bone Mask of the Jarsath/Enshrouded Veil
Neck: Ivy Imbued Collar/Black Sapphire Platinum Necklace
Belt: Flayed Turmoilskin Belt/Mucilaginous Girdle

Secondary: Charred Guardian Shield/Clay Guardian Shield/Sarnak Battle Shield
Primary: Jade Chokadai Prod/Howling Harpoon
Range: Goblin Parrying Spear/Howling Harpoon

Swish
11-02-2013, 11:20 AM
A good guide! I'd add in that its beneficial to get a bind at the OT outpost from a good samaritan before you run to FoB through WW. Once you aggro stuff, sow or not...there could be problems hitting the FoB zoneline, especially if you don't know the route too well, and you don't want to do the boat ride from Timorous Deep twice :p

Magnum
11-03-2013, 11:00 PM
Great guide, thanks for sharing! I'm currently lvl 39 and have started my epic up to the shield, I think I'll check out the specs in oasis!

Zeonick
11-05-2013, 06:53 PM
Nice well thought out guide! Thanks for posting this.

DrKvothe
11-05-2013, 08:21 PM
Should note that there's always a ton of shamans in CoM looting pages. Access to rots is still common, but these levels are a good time to group up when you can. More kills = more loots = more pages = more faction.

I found 29-34 to be fairly painful solo, although I didn't try treants. You've got no pet and only lvl 19 and 24 dots. They're not exactly bangin dps at 33. With greater healing, haste, canni, and regen, you're the best healer out there at these levels and you might as well capitalize on that. I made 2-3k pp from 29 to 34 in HHK gobs groups (including selling 1300pp worth of ears in EC in about 5 minutes).

At 34, HHK guards are great plat too, but often overcamped and if someone isn't camping nobles the upper floors seem inaccessible without adds that force you to zone.

deffas1011
11-08-2013, 12:18 PM
Thank you for the guide.. The one thing I would like to add to it is that at lvl 8 Shamans need to train in Meditate.. So when they go buy their level 9 spells before heading to OT make sure to find a trainer and put a point into meditate! or you're going to be spending the entire day sitting down getting your mana back heh

Tehwoot
11-08-2013, 10:37 PM
Just a thought, but wouldn't it be quicker leveling in say Ecom and Wcom through those levels do to buffs and so forth being easily available?

jarinaEQ1
11-11-2013, 09:37 AM
No one have the same for good barbariab shaman ?

DrKvothe
11-11-2013, 11:52 AM
Everfrost til 4 killing polar bear cubs for HQ bear skins. Buy large sewing kits just outside of Halas for storage. Get enough to fill your bank and your inventory.
Qeynos Hills killing rabid wolves and turning in the pelts in Qeynos once you've filled up your packs until 8 or 9.
Blackburrow kill gnolls for gnoll fangs and turn them in every time you fill a stack until this no longer lets you ding in a single turnin. As these guys turn green, you'll kill them faster with zero downtime and get more and more drops. I stayed here until 24 lol. Probably best to bail around 19 when you get affliction. Someone else should comment on what else to do from 19-24.
24-26: Solo the two aviaks in the nests above the arena zoneline in lake rathe. They spawn every 6 minutes, so you should be able to root/rot them and be back to full mana/hp before they respawn. They drop bronze weapons, gems, etc. And there are vendors in zone. If you haven't saved enough for 2x 5/55 rings, you'll get the cash here.
27-29: I duo'd sisters in OOT. This probably isn't optimal, since the loot/exp is half as good duo and I couldn't manage to adequately split them by myself. Ruins elf/druid/etc. factions. Should probably have just gone straight to HHK
29-34 Group in HHK goblins. Yes, not solo, but you didnt get any dots at 29, so you're using your lvl 19 disease dot and 24 poison dot while solo, which is super low dps. Goblins drop FS weapons, bricks of ore which vendor or sell to players well, and goblin ears which sell for 25-30pp apiece to the right buyer.
34-37 You've got your pet and should be able to handle the ancient croc camp for several levels. You'll get either sleeves (150pp) or pants (1500pp) every coupled hours. You might not see pants drop. Severely overcamped, so you might want to do something else, but I just wasted a Sunday (like all day) poopsocking it and made like 6k in loot.
37-46 I low hp kited with bards in OT and DL *shame* Should have headed to CoM at 44 at the latest.
46-50 CoM. Get your epic stuff done up through black dire so that you can do book turnins in EJ. Group any of the camps and ask politely in ooc for groups to announce unneeded page drops. You can solo stables no problem at 49 without missing a spawn.

Use inner fire to heal up until it is no longer practical to do so. Great ratio.

BlkCamel
11-13-2013, 03:26 AM
A good guide! I'd add in that its beneficial to get a bind at the OT outpost from a good samaritan before you run to FoB through WW. Once you aggro stuff, sow or not...there could be problems hitting the FoB zoneline, especially if you don't know the route too well, and you don't want to do the boat ride from Timorous Deep twice :p

Thanks for your feedback I updated my guide to add this.

Nice well thought out guide! Thanks for posting this.

Thank you for your support!

I found 29-34 to be fairly painful solo, although I didn't try treants. You've got no pet and only lvl 19 and 24 dots. They're not exactly bangin dps at 33. With greater healing, haste, canni, and regen, you're the best healer out there at these levels and you might as well capitalize on that. I made 2-3k pp from 29 to 34 in HHK gobs groups (including selling 1300pp worth of ears in EC in about 5 minutes)..

The key to the Treants is to pull with Malo line and NUKE/Stun your way to victory. Only dot I would use is poison dot right after Malo line then I am nuking. Thank you for feedback!

Thank you for the guide.. The one thing I would like to add to it is that at lvl 8 Shamans need to train in Meditate..

Thank you for reminding me to add this!

Just a thought, but wouldn't it be quicker leveling in say Ecom and Wcom through those levels do to buffs and so forth being easily available?

You could if you wanted to of course. This is a solo guide and does not depend on outside buffs. Follow this and you will level consistently without the need to stop and ask for buffs.

Good Tip added to guide, Thank you.

Thank you to everyone who has provided feedback and questions. Feel free to add or comment or ask any questions.

Swamphunk
12-09-2013, 11:18 PM
Bump for an older post.

Also, for evil shamans, in the level 30ish range you can go kill halfling guards in Misty Thicket. They drop about 11pp per kill (They drop a SPEAR every kill which is 10pp to a vendor) I say bind yourself in HHK at the neutral vendor, and when your bags are full just gate, sell then run back!

Just need to watch out for that lil halfling druid lady who likes to give everyone nearby SoW + Thorns.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
12-13-2013, 10:37 AM
A great 50+ spot are dwarves in Kaladim. There are about 12 spawns in total jus inside the zone line which can be split easily.

Bind at the Druid rings and gate back after each pass. Although you'll need epic to do this it is not uncommon to hit between 250p/350p an hour here depending on your luck with FS. Definitely doable at 51 with epic.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
12-13-2013, 10:38 AM
A great 50+ spot are dwarves in Kaladim. There are about 12 spawns in total jus inside the zone line which can be split easily.

Bind at the Druid rings and gate back after each pass. Although you'll need epic to do this it is not uncommon to hit between 250p/350p an hour here depending on your luck with FS. Definitely doable at 51 with epic.

Freeport guards and Kelethin guards are also definitely on the hit list. Freeport ones are often camped but drop some nice loot packages.

Kelethin guards are easy to get singles and will not agro lift guards from below.

mgellan
12-13-2013, 10:50 AM
No one have the same for good barbariab shaman ?

Still working on this one but here it is!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cHD0ywn7ALLLgm9t0Mvo2zkuwIfnqWS6jwybZiuDeKo

Regards,
Mg

Lojik
12-13-2013, 12:46 PM
If you're a troll or iksar that worships cazic I recommend killing guards in Eruding somewhere for a couple hours sometime within the 35-38 range (so you can get exp off them) then go do the Initiate symbol of cazic quest. You can then fear kite spectres and spectral keepers in TT for pretty good exp until 53. Also a good item in dungeons v. undead caster mobs if you're creative.

Swamphunk
12-13-2013, 05:35 PM
Does that necklace still work Lojik? I thought the diety necklaces were bugged currently. Either way! Also, I didn't mention it, but I believe Misty Thicket has a fairly large ZEM with it being a newbie zone. Go forth and slay halflings my brothers!

Chilbro Swaggins
12-16-2013, 11:26 AM
I just did 29-35 on the treants in SK and then Qeynos guards in NK. Now that I'm 35 I found the guards to be too slow, would take 2 or sometimes all 3 guards to get 1% of exp.

I decided to pack things up and eventually ended up in West Freeport killing guards. Staying safe near the NFP zone line, there are a couple guards that are blue cons, some that are even and yellow, and one that is red besides the gate guards.
For my style of killing (sometimes I have to afk for extended periods of time) I'm enjoying this and feel like the exp will move faster. Good FS drops, dented helmets if I ever get to turn them in, and NFP guard + priest of marr faction so I can bank in NFP eventually.

Currently caught in a weird spot where I am conning threateningly to both NFP and WFP guards, but that will be fixed soon...

just another option to add to the list, but also keep in mind that my shaman is pretty twinked. I have fungi staff + tunic and a GFG. I pull with slow, start melee and doge, cripple, and if it's a tough mob I'll throw a dot on.

Lojik
12-16-2013, 12:26 PM
Does that necklace still work Lojik? I thought the diety necklaces were bugged currently. Either way! Also, I didn't mention it, but I believe Misty Thicket has a fairly large ZEM with it being a newbie zone. Go forth and slay halflings my brothers!

Think the only one that was bugged was the innoruuk one (dunno if it works now.) Cazic one works fine.

Oblivion
12-21-2013, 02:08 AM
Still working on this one but here it is!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cHD0ywn7ALLLgm9t0Mvo2zkuwIfnqWS6jwybZiuDeKo

Regards,
Mg

Just curious what kind of gear you were working with to kite the mammoth calves at level 9. I'm completely untwinked (just found out about p99 recently) and I'm not sure how to do go about doing this. I only have 200ish mana and that's gone so quick. If Im lucky and dont get a resist that I can the calf down to 50-60%.

It does seem that I could eventually kill it with natural mana regen and refreshing the DoT, but SoW eventually runs out and then its gg. Is this more for geared characters?

EDIT: Well, I managed to kill one after more than half hour of kiting. I got a technique down which times the server meditate ticks, but it has been unreliable if the server/my connection is lagging. It'll either work perfectly, or it'll show me getting the mana from the tick and then when I stand back up it takes it away. At least I know its doable.

DrKvothe
12-21-2013, 10:39 AM
I did 9 through 24 (yeah, 24) turning in gnoll fangs from blackburrow on my barb shm. The light blue and green cons die so fast. Doing the same on my gnome cleric atm. Got 5% per fang at lvl 13 (like 11% at 9), when most of the gnolls are green or LB.

Dot kiting sucks with the reduced tick dmg.

Oblivion
12-21-2013, 06:09 PM
I did 9 through 24 (yeah, 24) turning in gnoll fangs from blackburrow on my barb shm. The light blue and green cons die so fast. Doing the same on my gnome cleric atm. Got 5% per fang at lvl 13 (like 11% at 9), when most of the gnolls are green or LB.

Dot kiting sucks with the reduced tick dmg.

There's so many people who are way over leveled doing what you did that its hard to even get a mob. Guess I can try coming back on off hours or something. But that place is ridiculous.

Wolvefrost
12-21-2013, 07:17 PM
Any other tips for a spot to get through 41-47 other than spectres?

BlkCamel
12-21-2013, 07:48 PM
Any other tips for a spot to get through 41-47 other than spectres?

Dwarf Guards in BBM and Dock Folk. Mentioned earlier by commenter but Human Guards in Freeport by docks. If Guards and faction are a concern can go to OT and solo mobs or DL on wall. Yeti Caves in DL, there are low level and higher level caves, good for this level range.

DrKvothe
12-22-2013, 11:58 AM
There's so many people who are way over leveled doing what you did that its hard to even get a mob. Guess I can try coming back on off hours or something. But that place is ridiculous.

I really don't buy that argument at all. I've done 4 chars through blackburrow now (including my cleric on and off over the last 3 days), and I've never had a problem finding kills. Even when it's crowded, I make more exp than I would somewhere else, and it's frequently not crowded.

Give it another chance and remind yourself just how much exp you're getting per fang, and I think you'll be satisfied with the results.

Kevynne
12-22-2013, 08:43 PM
Will this work for barb shm?

Intrinsic
12-23-2013, 01:29 AM
If you wanna ruin your faction sure ;p

Wolvefrost
12-23-2013, 01:46 AM
Cool will probably head out to freeport. Guard hunting ftw. Faction is pointless thanks to invis. Did nk guards til 40 and switched over to halv in steamfont for cake xp but that dude is pretty uneventful. Thanks for this guide btw

blondeattk
12-23-2013, 04:28 AM
`Any other tips for a spot to get through 41-47 other than spectres?`

I would suggest spiders in kaesora, has one best zems in kunark. However you need to learn layout a bit before you try solo it. You can bum a ride with a grp going down to do the fang. Most spiders near zin have low hps, you can root/rot till44 and new pet/nuke. Careful of frenzied tho....hes tuff!! try fear kiting here with a BARD, it works pretty well...esp vs the healers.

warning...will ruin your outpost faction....so best for ikky/barby

Swish
12-25-2013, 06:10 AM
A good target at around 25-32 if you're semi-afk and don't mind wrecking bard faction... the various bards in Norrath (wherever you happen to be).

The best one to go for however is the one in Feerrot... she drops up to 5pp each time, unlike her pal in Highkeep who never drops a cp :p

Potus
12-25-2013, 11:56 PM
Faction is worthless. Destroy it all!

Kevynne
12-26-2013, 10:31 PM
Faction is worthless. Destroy it all!

BarackObooma
12-30-2013, 06:46 PM
I went from fresh 47-49 in about 8 hours duoing/grouping with people along the KC wall in Dreadlands yesterday. Got to meet quite a few good people in the process and even being an outdoor zone the experience moved very fast.

So here I am at 49, guildless (my choice), epicless (repeated some of the quests but still on amiable) and have about 5kpp to spend.

I have 200 Wis because I don't see the value of stacking hps/AC over mana until you get torpor. Nothing I have cost over 2000-2500pp so no fungi, JBB, GFG, haste item, etc.

With my mana pool, I was able to solo seafuries starting at 44 but it was slow and they are seriously overcamped.

Should I forgo leveling for awhile and farm plat and work true spirit to ally? This is such an expensive class! Fungi 100k, JBB 50k, Torpor 125-150k, Bane of Knife 40k, epic MQ 50k. I really don't know how people do it.

Itap
12-30-2013, 07:05 PM
I went from fresh 47-49 in about 8 hours duoing/grouping with people along the KC wall in Dreadlands yesterday. Got to meet quite a few good people in the process and even being an outdoor zone the experience moved very fast.

So here I am at 49, guildless (my choice), epicless (repeated some of the quests but still on amiable) and have about 5kpp to spend.

I have 200 Wis because I don't see the value of stacking hps/AC over mana until you get torpor. Nothing I have cost over 2000-2500pp so no fungi, JBB, GFG, haste item, etc.

With my mana pool, I was able to solo seafuries starting at 44 but it was slow and they are seriously overcamped.

Should I forgo leveling for awhile and farm plat and work true spirit to ally? This is such an expensive class! Fungi 100k, JBB 50k, Torpor 125-150k, Bane of Knife 40k, epic MQ 50k. I really don't know how people do it.

Never postpone leveling to farm plat. Plat will come with levels

DrKvothe
12-31-2013, 10:26 AM
You don't need any of those things to solo. Epic to be an efficient soloer and torpor to be just flat out OP.

You shouldn't take a break for plats, but you should get your epic faction maxed. I didnt start CoM until 46 iirc? I regret starting so late, because I ended up staying there to max faction well past the point where it was the best exp for me. Get your faction to warmly, then go to CoM until you're done. Try finding a guild so you don't have to blow your torpor fund on Epic.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
12-31-2013, 12:37 PM
`Any other tips for a spot to get through 41-47 other than spectres?`

I would suggest spiders in kaesora, has one best zems in kunark. However you need to learn layout a bit before you try solo it. You can bum a ride with a grp going down to do the fang. Most spiders near zin have low hps, you can root/rot till44 and new pet/nuke. Careful of frenzied tho....hes tuff!! try fear kiting here with a BARD, it works pretty well...esp vs the healers.

warning...will ruin your outpost faction....so best for ikky/barby

Yetis (tundra not glacial) have really low hp for their level. They make a prime target and are good till about 44-45 when they start to lb out.

BlkCamel
01-09-2014, 07:38 AM
Updated guide to add some info and correct spelling/formatting. I also want to thank everyone for their feedback and discussion. If you have any questions please feel free to ask or send me a PM.

DrKvothe
01-09-2014, 09:47 AM
Just want to thank you for your explanation of 2nd floor CoM. I got a group together for my epic fight about 30% into 54. That 30% was just awful; 4 or 5 lengthy KC groups, after doing 51-53 in KC so I was already really bored with it. I helped with reavers for another shaman, and by the time I had my epic I was 40% done with 54.

The last 60% of 54 and all of 55 at CoM second floor was faster than the first 30% of 54. The leveling was fun and challenging, as well as financially rewarding. I got 3 Master Wu's Trance Sticks and at least 1k in gems/jewelry. Not bad, considering exp was flying.

My only advice to add about CoM 2nd floor is to try and be conservative. 3 mobs at once is optimal, even if you can do 6. Adds tend to come at the worst possible time, and it sucks investing 4 minutes into 5 mobs just to have another come and force you to zone. Yes, you can time repops and pathers, but I found it easier to just stagger pulls so that I was grabbing a 4th after one of the first 3 was on the way out. I don't have a JBB, but I think it would have a lot of value here, because most mobs would end up at 0-1% hp and needed another enstill/epic. JBB would essentially have saved me 60 mana per mob, which obviously isn't a huge deal but it's not nothing.

DrKvothe
01-14-2014, 09:05 AM
This should be wiki'd, along with Mgellan's guide. bump!

mgellan
01-14-2014, 10:09 AM
Just curious what kind of gear you were working with to kite the mammoth calves at level 9. I'm completely untwinked (just found out about p99 recently) and I'm not sure how to do go about doing this. I only have 200ish mana and that's gone so quick. If Im lucky and dont get a resist that I can the calf down to 50-60%.

It does seem that I could eventually kill it with natural mana regen and refreshing the DoT, but SoW eventually runs out and then its gg. Is this more for geared characters?

EDIT: Well, I managed to kill one after more than half hour of kiting. I got a technique down which times the server meditate ticks, but it has been unreliable if the server/my connection is lagging. It'll either work perfectly, or it'll show me getting the mana from the tick and then when I stand back up it takes it away. At least I know its doable.

I was in tattered when I did it so no, no gearing required. I did do it however before running damage from DOTS was nerfed so the effect of this nerf may in fact render the whole mammoth kiting thing moot now. One of these days I'll level a shammy to 9 just to try it :)

Regards,
Mg

mgellan
01-14-2014, 10:15 AM
JBB would essentially have saved me 60 mana per mob, which obviously isn't a huge deal but it's not nothing.

JBB is only useful when you're pretty much full mana (and don't need to med) and want to burn down a mob quickly, or when you have a mob at 4% and it's not worth casting epic on it to do the last little bit. I don't think I'd part with mine but nor would I buy it at more than twice what I paid for mine!

Regards,
Mg

Swamphunk
01-20-2014, 07:05 PM
I like this guide. Makes me want to play my Shaman more every time I read it through the new posts.

Allheart
01-20-2014, 07:22 PM
Great guide. I tried Kurn's Tower at level 12 a few times but each time it was waaaaay overcamped. I started doing some research online and came across the lightstone quest available in North Karana.

I breezed through levels 12-15 by farming willow wisps exclusively for lightstones and greater lightstones. You can turn them in to Myrsila at the gyspsy camp in NK for approximately 2% exp and 5% exp respectively. Plenty of wisps to go around they don't hit hard at all. I highly recommend it as an alternate leveling spot for shammies that aren't out in Kunark.

bwe
01-22-2014, 11:49 AM
Hey guys,

Coming back after not playing for 2 years, and I have a level 25 shaman. Decently geared for his level but not twinked. Where should I be exping? I'd prefer solo, but anywhere's fine.

Sarius
01-22-2014, 03:12 PM
I like SK personally, but you could probably handle the main room goblins in HHK for that fatty XP mod

BarackObooma
01-22-2014, 10:50 PM
I stayed in Everfrost peaks killing the mammoths until early 30s with my Barbarian Shaman. There's several spawns that either don't move or have short pathing. They drop tusks worth about 10pp each which is very good money at that level.

If you're not Barbarian, I wouldn't do it. Plenty of mobs in South Karanas and mobs/guards in highkeep until 40.

bwe
01-23-2014, 02:58 PM
What's the best way to get to High Keep as a troll? I think the entrance guards are too high level for me to kill, right?

bwe
01-28-2014, 11:44 AM
Oh, also, any tips on soloing Misty Thicket guards? I'm level 29 now, but I'm having trouble single pulling them.

Man0warr
01-28-2014, 12:09 PM
Root one, drag any others to Runnyeye zone, root another and zone over and back. Kill the one still rooted near zone - do this as many times as you need to stagger the spawns.

Swamphunk
01-30-2014, 04:39 PM
Also, if you want to just wait there's a single spawn up on the wall on the northern side of the wall. There's also one on the far south of the wall in one of the towers, though he's kinda higher level.

Not sure if I mentioned it before but if you bind yourself at the neutral vendor in HHK you can gate when you fill up on goodies and just run back in about 5 minutes. Good money to be made this way!

bwe
01-31-2014, 12:33 AM
Awesome, guard killing is going really well.

I did have a question for other troll shamans out there:

My Regent Symbol of Innoruuk's clicky Clinging Darkness frequently says "Your spell did not take hold." I can sometimes recast it on the mob and it'll work, other times it just never takes hold. Any ideas?

Potus
01-31-2014, 12:59 AM
Are you casting it on a rooted mob? Snare can't stack with root right now.

bwe
01-31-2014, 01:17 AM
Are you casting it on a rooted mob? Snare can't stack with root right now.

Ah yeah that's it. Thanks!

Flunker
01-31-2014, 04:42 AM
Do not worry about looting items at this point unless it is stack-able, especially bone chips. ... ... You should have around 25 stacks of bone chips if not more plus any stack-able items to sell and coin you collected. Bone chips easily sell in the 7-10 plat per stack range. I sold all 25 stacks I got for 10p each and this was in the last 3 months.

Maybe i am just out of luck. But I did try to sell these stacks of bone chips for days now and cant find a buyer.

Maybe You already sold to much or to many Noobs (as me) follow ur guide hrhr.

So be aware that it might take a while to sell ur loot and get ur profit, when u return back from Fob ...

BlkCamel
02-01-2014, 09:09 AM
Maybe i am just out of luck. But I did try to sell these stacks of bone chips for days now and cant find a buyer.

Maybe You already sold to much or to many Noobs (as me) follow ur guide hrhr.

So be aware that it might take a while to sell ur loot and get ur profit, when u return back from Fob ...

I got lucky and sold half of them in OT while waiting on boat to go back. Rest I sold in Oasis while killing crocs til level 22. It did take me a couple levels to sell them all. Can also discount price if you want to sell them faster.

Swamphunk
02-04-2014, 06:51 PM
The thing with bonechips is.. when someone wants to buy some they will generally want to buy in bulk. You just need to be patient and someone will buy all of them from you I'm sure. I generally buy 10 stacks at a time for example~

You could try actively asking Necromancers in your zone if they want to buy your bonechips if you really can't get rid of them!

Potus
02-05-2014, 01:35 AM
How are you selling the chips? You need to remind people that they're as good as Crushbone belts in getting EXP by turning them into Kaladim, and that they're great for monks who want to get faction with Cabilis.

When I was a necro I had to deal with both of those things driving up the cost of chips.

Vumnaydar
02-22-2014, 03:58 AM
I was in tattered when I did it so no, no gearing required. I did do it however before running damage from DOTS was nerfed so the effect of this nerf may in fact render the whole mammoth kiting thing moot now. One of these days I'll level a shammy to 9 just to try it :)

Regards,
Mg

How was running DMG nerfed?

Dangermouse
02-22-2014, 09:41 AM
Mobs that are chasing you only take 2/3 damage from DOTs. Makes kiting less of a viable option compared to root/rot.

Juhstin
02-22-2014, 09:48 AM
I want to add to this. On my Ogre Shaman you could do Halfling Guards in Misty Thicket until like 46-47 and you can sell to gypsy camp, gate back to MT and bank in Rivervale by invisible to bank and standing behind the banker to bank

blondeattk
02-23-2014, 06:08 PM
random troll shaman holding a press conference!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1/q73/s720x720/1901998_10202660944380295_1247322484_n.jpg

:)

Vumnaydar
02-23-2014, 06:10 PM
random troll shaman holding a press conference!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1/q73/s720x720/1901998_10202660944380295_1247322484_n.jpg

:)

That's hawt!!

Lyrith
02-25-2014, 01:02 PM
Great Guide! Excited to try out some of these solo spots on my shaman and see how they go!

Destron
03-04-2014, 11:37 AM
Skulking Brutes in WW are very nice. I left at 32, could probably start here around 27-28 depending on gear.

Destron
03-20-2014, 01:45 PM
Misty Guards are great exp and great loot. Just be careful of the Red guard that sits near the south tower. Also watch out for Ella Foodcrafter.

Currently doing Guards on NK Bridge, all 3 and the exp is solid. Plat is bad as they drop Rusty, one guard drops FS but not 100% of the time.

Love this guide and will be sharing my exp in the various spots!

Potus
03-21-2014, 03:54 PM
I did Misty guards on live as a Necromancer and I do not remember Ella Foodcrafter buffing the guards.

I'd like to bug report it but I cannot find any evidence to the contrary. I pulled two guards earlier and they both outran my sow.

Ergomas
03-24-2014, 07:31 PM
Low 20-24 - outside OT kill roamers, root rot and if you get a red, run it to the guards(non-iksar, non-kos to venris sathir faction). I would often go after the reds and pull them so I did not have to worry about them when pulling back. Bards like to kite around here or pull from here (guess) since a few times finding anything blue was tough. Still fast exp, and made a few hundred plat.

I finished lv 25 in Nagena as it has a great exp mod 173%

26-29 do giant fort in Wasliks woods. Avoid the evergreens until they go blue. Always pull with malaise, then affliction, tainted breath, then envenomed breath. Usually takes 2 of poisons to kill any non-evergreen.

You can start treants for great cash at 29. Befriend an animal! Elephants roam nearby, grab one, pref a bull elephant since they are blue and hit for 45x2 + bash. Pull the first tree with malaise and run it away from the other, then send in the pet and nuke the tree down.

After it is broken, send the pet in first so it can take the first dot or two. (better the pet than you) then kill.

Enjoy the great exp and loot.

BlkCamel
04-12-2014, 02:54 AM
I like this guide. Makes me want to play my Shaman more every time I read it through the new posts.

Thank you for the support! Most Viewed Thread in Priests sub-forum because of people like you!

Hey guys, Coming back after not playing for 2 years, and I have a level 25 shaman. Decently geared for his level but not twinked. Where should I be exping? I'd prefer solo, but anywhere's fine.

Check the OP (Original Post), the answer is in the key.

What's the best way to get to High Keep as a troll? I think the entrance guards are too high level for me to kill, right?

Get an invis or escort from a higher level. TBH I would avoid HHK as an evil until 29 when you get invisibility. If there are no groups, and you die solo, CR is going to slow you down. Follow the guide and if you die you will never waste more then 10 minutes on CR. I very rarely every died due to proximity of zone lines in the guide. You should almost never die really.

Ergomas
04-14-2014, 09:36 PM
34 - 39 - easy cheesy, go to FM ledge and solo pull anything blue, but GET THOSE BERZERKERS! Turn in 4 war braids, get your VS faction up and level super fast. You get approx a blue per 4 you turn in. Bonus for killing.

This will let you get your port hammer :)

Frug
04-16-2014, 05:43 PM
One small suggestion - you can hit Kurns way earlier than 13. I've seen 9-12 in there no problems (if it's not super camped, which it often is but that's not a level thing.) 9 and 10 may help to be in a duo or group though, and this is a solo guide, but it IS doable then and with the ZEM, worth the risk.

Rararboker
04-17-2014, 11:34 AM
Except for Iksar, why wouldn't a ogre/troll shaman go to Guk instead of Kurns? Same ZEM, tons of mobs, and your close to a town you can use for banking/merchants.

BlkCamel
04-18-2014, 04:13 AM
Except for Iksar, why wouldn't a ogre/troll shaman go to Guk instead of Kurns? Same ZEM, tons of mobs, and your close to a town you can use for banking/merchants.

There are several reasons why Guk is inferior.

1. Frogloks run, Fast.
2. Pathing in dungeons will get you killed if you chase.
3. Casters will heal through walls.
4. Close spawns almost impossible to single pull/solo.
5. Impossible CR when you do inevitably die, without invis (level 29).

Those 5 reasons outweigh atleast to me the benefits of being close to bank/vendors. Money is so petty at low levels. All you need is enough for food/water and spells. If you follow the guide, which is step for step what I did, you will have everything you need. I literally got no gifts or help from anyone up until I did my epic at level 54, which I then used to solo the rest of the way to 60. Only group XP I received was from repaying folks for help with epic by camping their pieces as well.

gummab
04-18-2014, 09:53 AM
1. Frogloks run, Fast.(not anymore with change to social agro,(unless area is clear.)
2. Pathing in dungeons will get you killed if you chase.(see point 1.)
3. Casters will heal through walls.(good placement solves this.)
4. Close spawns almost impossible to single pull/solo.(true.)
5. Impossible CR when you do inevitably die, without invis (level 29).(This is the biggie.Though a few ring of shadows will do the trick.)

I like both kurns and guk,but i usually stay on the continent i start on lazy i know.
Do all kunark mobs have more hp never really tested between kurns and guk?

Potus
04-18-2014, 04:01 PM
I checked, level 11 Greater Skeleton has the exact same stats as a level 11 froglok in Guk.

Kurns is just way more noobie friendly and spacious. Plus it has really nice loot in the form of the Iksar Berserker Club. So damn awesome.

Priceline
04-18-2014, 09:57 PM
Do all kunark mobs have more hp never really tested between kurns and guk?

Not according to the wiki, when I was looking into leveling in EK vs. OT I saw that gorge hounds and dark stalkers have roughly same hp as cats/sarnak/cacti/chickens.. so probably just higher level merbs.

Swamphunk
04-20-2014, 05:15 AM
I did Misty guards on live as a Necromancer and I do not remember Ella Foodcrafter buffing the guards.

I'd like to bug report it but I cannot find any evidence to the contrary. I pulled two guards earlier and they both outran my sow.

She gives them a nasty damage shield too and I'm pretty sure regen :( I never did them on live though

bwe
04-20-2014, 06:12 AM
Just ranting here: 22+ golem kills, NO iksar broodlings spawned. My luck is terribad.

Potus
04-20-2014, 05:30 PM
She gives them a nasty damage shield too and I'm pretty sure regen :( I never did them on live though

Yeah it is not classic.

She did not assist on live nor did she buff them. They're not worth the trouble here. :(

Rararboker
04-21-2014, 02:43 AM
Yeah, I've been killing frogs on my shaman, they never run at low HP. I've only got to lvl 16 so far though so I'm still pretty close to the entrance.

reppa
04-21-2014, 03:09 AM
As an iksar. I totally skipped banded and chilled in karnors castle for a day and got a full set of jarsath scare armor (minus arms) Good shammy stats ultra light and better ac.

BlkCamel
04-21-2014, 04:58 AM
Just ranting here: 22+ golem kills, NO iksar broodlings spawned. My luck is terribad.

Ouch! Make sure you have a tracker or 2 ready, the broodlings will de-spawn quickly if not killed. You should have 1 or 2 people ready when Golem @10% in and around the area to watch for broodling spawn. They don't always spawn but 22+ and no broodlings indicates your missing the spawns.

As an iksar. I totally skipped banded and chilled in karnors castle for a day and got a full set of jarsath scare armor (minus arms) Good shammy stats ultra light and better ac.

This Jarsath is awesome stuff, if only Large race could use. Great for Barb or Iksar though, I definitely recommend.

Yeah, I've been killing frogs on my shaman, they never run at low HP. I've only got to lvl 16 so far though so I'm still pretty close to the entrance.

The recent changes to social agro may have reduced the chance of Forgloks fleeing due to proximity of mobs behind walls or nearby. I have been away from game for a couple months and guide was written in Nov of 2013, before these changes were made.

If I find time I will make a Troll Shaman newb and maybe test the viability of Guk from 10-19+, but I don't know when that will be. If someone wants to write-up a paragraph guide for Guk, for that level range, I will add it to my guide.

At this time, even if social agro changes have effected the chance of runners, it still doesn't alleviate the concerns I mentioned above. If room is clear and mob does run you will get adds, casters still heal through walls, mobs are still spaced close together meaning very difficult to single pull, and CR is still a major concern without assistance or invis (level 29).

Please leave your feedback on this or any other topic relating to this guide. I appreciate the discussion and hopefully we can help some people along the way.:D

Ingrum
04-21-2014, 05:29 AM

12 here and none on my shammy =(

You are not alone. Almost want to bug report it!

Edmunde
04-21-2014, 09:29 AM
I got mine two weeks ago, he spawned after first golem kill.

Ergomas
04-21-2014, 07:29 PM
I just got through 40 in DL on the north side of KC. Spectres are camped and rarely open.

I think the loot is broken on mobs in DL since they are dropping bronze (which should be on 20-30 and FS should be dropping on 31-50.

But the exp here duo is good, solo is great.

Orruar
04-22-2014, 09:37 PM
I just got through 40 in DL on the north side of KC. Spectres are camped and rarely open.

I think the loot is broken on mobs in DL since they are dropping bronze (which should be on 20-30 and FS should be dropping on 31-50.

But the exp here duo is good, solo is great.

Hit up Kaesora. You won't be disappointed.

Ergomas
04-22-2014, 09:41 PM
I think there is faction issues with Kaesora iirc...

Rkelly
04-24-2014, 01:03 AM
26 golems no tear!

Ergomas
04-24-2014, 01:05 AM
26 golems no tear!

They had one earlier? Or they were talking about it in /gu

Rkelly
04-24-2014, 01:14 AM
Yeah, I logged on like right after the tear dropped and they gave it to a shammie from another guild who came up since I wasn't on. Other two golems, no tears. SIGH

Rkelly
04-29-2014, 10:29 AM
Hell yeah got my tear last night

Swamphunk
04-29-2014, 07:24 PM
Congratulations brudda!

BlkCamel
05-01-2014, 03:10 AM
Hell yeah got my tear last night

Good morning, Mr. Kelly. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, involves following "The Guide" and getting to level 60 ASAP. As always, should any member of your family find out you are playing P99EQ, this Shaman will disavow all knowledge of your actions. This mission will self destruct in 5 weeks, do you accept?:D

P.S. If you can hit level 56 within 2 weeks let me know and I will publicly disclose my personal favorite solo'ing spot to level from 56 to 60 in less then 2 weeks, with step by step guide.

Lyrith
05-02-2014, 09:21 AM
26 golems no tear!

I feel your pain! I wan't my tear soo bad, have had the faction for months now and I don't want to level 50+ without my epic. lol

Rkelly
05-02-2014, 07:08 PM
Good morning, Mr. Kelly. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, involves following "The Guide" and getting to level 60 ASAP. As always, should any member of your family find out you are playing P99EQ, this Shaman will disavow all knowledge of your actions. This mission will self destruct in 5 weeks, do you accept?:D

P.S. If you can hit level 56 within 2 weeks let me know and I will publicly disclose my personal favorite solo'ing spot to level from 56 to 60 in less then 2 weeks, with step by step guide.

Challenge accepted! Let's see how it goes!

BlkCamel
05-02-2014, 07:15 PM
Challenge accepted! Let's see how it goes!

Awesome, let me know when you hit 56 and we can expand this guide!

Junsul
05-06-2014, 05:18 AM
Question about the guards in north karana I can currently only handle 2 guards at level 35 is there a way to incorporate the 3rd into the rotation. I slow, EB, pet, melee tank the guard with a resistance from my spells here and there, haven't quite figured out how to get the third guard into the rotation always too LOM

BlkCamel
05-06-2014, 05:54 AM
Question about the guards in north karana I can currently only handle 2 guards at level 35 is there a way to incorporate the 3rd into the rotation. I slow, EB, pet, melee tank the guard with a resistance from my spells here and there, haven't quite figured out how to get the third guard into the rotation always too LOM

Stop melee'ing the guards. Only use root, dots, pet. Always slow but only use Walking sleep. Use your disease spells scourge, and affliction, priotize disease dots and throw in poison after these have landed.

All the health you lose melee'ing you could be turning into mana with canni. Instead you are losing it and having to either regen it or heal it which takes mana. Either way it slows you down. Only melee if you have fungi, and if you do you should have all 3 locked down w/ or w/o melee.:D

*edit make sure your using just regular root. Do not use the upgrades only regular root.

Rkelly
05-06-2014, 09:15 AM
Can someone walk me through how to get to the 2nd floor in CoM? Explain it to me like I'm 3 years old

Estu
05-06-2014, 09:47 AM
Stop melee'ing the guards. Only use root, dots, pet. Always slow but only use Walking sleep. Use your disease spells scourge, and affliction, priotize disease dots and throw in poison after these have landed.

All the health you lose melee'ing you could be turning into mana with canni. Instead you are losing it and having to either regen it or heal it which takes mana. Either way it slows you down. Only melee if you have fungi, and if you do you should have all 3 locked down w/ or w/o melee.:D

*edit make sure your using just regular root. Do not use the upgrades only regular root.

Certainly root-dotting is better than meleeing at that level assuming gear isn't super leet. I'd say slowing is unnecessary if you're root-dotting, and enstill is a better option than root because it lasts twice as long for twice the mana (so it's equally efficient per point of mana, and you can spend less time casting and dealing with root breaking); the exception to this would be if the root is breaking often due to the mob being relatively high level, in which case lower duration root is probably about as effective as enstill.

Can someone walk me through how to get to the 2nd floor in CoM? Explain it to me like I'm 3 years old

Pack some shrink potions (ant's legs) and IVU potions (unlife awareness or whatever). Enter CoM and take a right to the temple area. Facing the temple, on the left hand side you'll see stairs on the outside of the temple; there are a couple of golems up here you should clear because they can aggro you later in this process. Once those are down, enter the temple and go up the stairs inside the temple. If there are only undead from here on out, you'll be fine shrinking and using IVU (a single shrink should do the trick, I think); otherwise, you should clear out any golems in your way. Once you get to the top of the temple, turn right; you'll see a small flag on the wall. You need to jump forward onto that flag (large races can't do this without shrink), then jump forward again to get to the second floor. IVU will generally let you do this without getting aggro from anything on the first floor (extremely important) or anything on the second floor once you get up there (not as important).

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
05-06-2014, 11:58 AM

I can't post screenshots from my phone nor do I have them so the easiest way of describing this is if you're both ivu'd and invis'd. Stacking the two allows you to get up top undetected by live and dead creatures (obv). If you only have one or none of those up, you will need to count on the temple group being on their game and killing everything as well as at least 1 person on the ramparts clearing so that you don't get jumped as you get up.

First you must go to the Temple camp in CoM. Go through the entrance to the temple and take a left. This will put you in a hallway that leads upstairs. Once you're upstairs, look to your right and you will see the banner hanging off the wall. With levitate on, float out of the room onto the banner. You'll know you're on it when you stop floating down. You're going to need to be super snug with the wall. The banner is situated underneath the room above as well as a section of the wall which is where you will be jumping to. You need to make your way along the banner until you're under the wall section. Once you're under it and snug with the wall, remove levitate and jump straight onto the wall.

You are now on the ramparts. Put lev up and float onto the roof of the arena. You can bind up there as nothing agroes or paths there - it's a great place to Afk.

*note* if you decide to do this without invis or invis versus undead then you are likely to cause a train due to warping mobs.

To the left and the right of the room atop the temple are two static golems. If you jump onto the banner you will agro them from below and they will path through the entire zone, including reavers, to get to you. This is why I said you need to make sure temple group has killed these. You will be casually be sitting there rotting mobs when 50 things burst through the door and fist-fuck you. It's easy to escape if you see it coming but you will likely have trained a few people in the process.

Secondly, the two undead that spawn in your jump-off room tend to warp if you pull them back into the ramp-hallway you just came from. It's okay to kill them BUT I've also agroed stuff from upstairs by doing that. Ymmv.

Good luck and happy hunting.

BlkCamel
05-06-2014, 12:56 PM
Certainly root-dotting is better than meleeing at that level assuming gear isn't super leet. I'd say slowing is unnecessary if you're root-dotting, and enstill is a better option than root because it lasts twice as long for twice the mana (so it's equally efficient per point of mana, and you can spend less time casting and dealing with root breaking); the exception to this would be if the root is breaking often due to the mob being relatively high level, in which case lower duration root is probably about as effective as enstill.

You are right about root/enstill as far as mana/duration, but I find at that level the guards are fairly resistant and with the dotting your breaking root quiet often. I was just trying to offer some suggestions that could help him with his mana issues.

Also the Slow is for the dog, you don't have to slow but if you are using dog to melee slow will keep the little guy alive, walking sleep is a cheap spell that lasts a long time. Experiment though I am sure you will figure it out.

Estu
05-07-2014, 08:52 AM
You are right about root/enstill as far as mana/duration, but I find at that level the guards are fairly resistant and with the dotting your breaking root quiet often. I was just trying to offer some suggestions that could help him with his mana issues.

Also the Slow is for the dog, you don't have to slow but if you are using dog to melee slow will keep the little guy alive, walking sleep is a cheap spell that lasts a long time. Experiment though I am sure you will figure it out.

As you said, experimenting is best. Personally I've found that using mana to help with wolf damage/life/whatever isn't wolfwhile because its damage is pretty low in any case; I just let it bite the enemy a bit and once it's low HP I have it come back and regen itself up (without any regen buff).

Quaos
05-24-2014, 10:06 PM
After 19, I've spent time in Kurn's, OT near the pond on the east wall, at P1/P2 in Oasis, and Crag Spiders in EK.
My personal experience has been that when 20 hits it is time to leave Kurn's, OT was alright but slow, and the Crag Spiders drop great Silk but they take most of my mana bar at 21.
P1/P2 in Oasis isn't too bad solo but it was best with a monk to duo while I rooted the deepwaters that were roaming to keep chain killing going.
I'll update if I try any other spots - 19-24 is a bit slow because the 19 spells don't do much to amp up your killing.

BlkCamel
06-04-2014, 06:49 AM
I haven't seen Rkelly on for nearly 2 weeks, needless to say the challenge has not been met.

If someone else wants to put in a leveling challenge following the guide that is nearing 56 I can release my; Final Chapter, "56-60 without moving a step*".

blondeattk
06-04-2014, 07:39 AM
anthingin halas to hunt?

I have fun farming troll guards with me barby shm and wondering if the reverse is doable?

no sure which has higher zem, but I know oggok has better one that feerrott.....so i would assume halas has better exp than everfrost peaks.

obviously stay away from shm guild side ....2 lvl 60s(i think) at entrance of the guild.

Auvdar
06-04-2014, 08:43 PM
Wanting to add in where I've been hunting on my ogre shaman.

Befallen is beyond great exp from probably lvl 6 onwards. Got to 22 on the bottom floor until finally almost everything was going LB. Moved onto U Guk, great solo or duo (if you can find someone good) exp. Shaman/Enc duo I was doing for a bit was insane exp.

Hoping Guk will last me until around 29, then I'm not sure, maybe treants for a few levels. At 35 I'm going to attempt Kedge, I'll post how it goes :)

BlkCamel
07-08-2014, 01:50 AM
Bump to the front page for all the new Shammies. Also I would warn anyone following the last part of this guide with current root resists changes you need to be extra careful.

blondeattk
07-09-2014, 07:51 AM
there any decent cultural armour for troll shm?

nm.

there is none (

/sigh nother thing to wait for till velious

BlkCamel
07-16-2014, 02:35 AM
there any decent cultural armour for troll shm?

nm.

there is none (

/sigh nother thing to wait for till velious

DE and Dwarf seem to get all the best cultural. Shaman have tons of loot in Velious though. It will be a glorious day when it is released. Easy stuff is go to PoG with 1 group and can farm Armor and Gems. Tons of gems black sapphires, diamonds, rubies, ruby crowns ++++. It is a gold mine. You have to keep the PoG Protectors killed though because they are bitches.:D

BlkCamel
07-16-2014, 02:37 AM
Or just hit up skyshrine!

Destron
07-23-2014, 12:44 PM
So why are you holding out on your 56+ guide? The masses are clamoring for the wisdom you hold.

BlkCamel
07-24-2014, 07:53 PM
So why are you holding out on your 56+ guide? The masses are clamoring for the wisdom you hold.

Good question. Rkelly never held up his end. I asked someone else to accept the challenge and didn't get any offers. More recently the root resist mechanic has changed and that has made me hesitant to make the guide for the spot I was talking about. Very very dangerous right now, it can be done and isn't impossible. Just some people may curse me for sending them to the depths of hell.:D

BlkCamel
08-02-2014, 06:21 AM
Updated with Cash Camps for Torpor grind, and louder warning regarding resist changes and root.

Also added today Gear list/progression.

Destron
08-10-2014, 05:36 PM
Maybe I'm dumb, but I can't figure out for the life of me how to get to the 2nd level without a rogue.

Estu
08-10-2014, 07:30 PM
Maybe I'm dumb, but I can't figure out for the life of me how to get to the 2nd level without a rogue.

Get an IVU potion and a shrink potion. Shrink yourself once so you're human-size. Go to Temple. Go up the steps on the outside of the temple, on the left hand side: you'll see a bunch of golems and up above you'll see a flag. You need to clear the golems below the flag. Once they're down, drink the IVU potion and head inside the temple. Go up to the top of the temple, outside onto the balcony; the aforementioned flag will be on your right. You need to jump onto the flag (this is impossible if you're a large race and not shrunk) and then jump from the flag onto the second floor. Congratulations, you are on the second floor!

Tewaz
08-11-2014, 11:58 AM
This might not be true for everyone, but I have to levi out to the flag, drop levi and jump up. to the second floor where the mobs are. I then levi again and go on top of the temple you just came from and bind up there.

Estu
08-11-2014, 03:04 PM
This might not be true for everyone, but I have to levi out to the flag, drop levi and jump up. to the second floor where the mobs are. I then levi again and go on top of the temple you just came from and bind up there.

I only ever had to use levi on my gnome. On my ogre I shrink once and jump.

Juntsie
08-11-2014, 04:13 PM
Juntsie thank BlkCamel for well-reasoned guide treatise. Sadly, Juntsie find it hard to understand cuz BlkCamel not use standard Ogre and Troll dialect. Juntsie consider translating BlkCamel's guide to standard Ogre and Troll when he done leveling. Will follow many tips in guide but try to do some grouping. Fun bashing with others.

Juntsie offer to sell BlkCamel legal services in drafting Troll/Ogre copyright and trademark patent to protect BlkCamel's rights. Juntsie do this for nominal, reasonable fee. Send tell in-game if interested.

Thanks again, Blkcamel!

lecompte
08-11-2014, 07:47 PM
Juntsie do this for gnominal, num num fee.

Lojik
08-12-2014, 09:37 PM

I've heard trolls can get up without shrink if luclin models enabled.

Korben
08-18-2014, 05:52 PM
I haven't seen Rkelly on for nearly 2 weeks, needless to say the challenge has not been met.

If someone else wants to put in a leveling challenge following the guide that is nearing 56 I can release my; Final Chapter, "56-60 without moving a step*".

Can you clarify? Specifically the * does it imply you can move to loot the mobs?

Assuming that's the case, you are stating the exp is able to be gotten in a quick enough manner to eliminate any single spawns, long spawns, etc?

Potus
08-18-2014, 11:32 PM
I'm fairly certain I know where your 56-60 guide is. Don't worry, your secret is safe with me, BlkCamel!

Clark
08-20-2014, 05:24 PM
Fun read. Only suggestion I'd make is Oasis 10-19 since crocs are great xp and nearby EC buffs. High keep is also great to level 30-40 before heading to Feerrott Spectres.

BlkCamel
08-22-2014, 05:11 AM
I'm fairly certain I know where your 56-60 guide is. Don't worry, your secret is safe with me, BlkCamel!

I see your ALS Ice Bucket Challenge Fails Compilation (http://youtu.be/WQlvW0aFnKo) and challenge you to reveal your secrets. :D

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/WQlvW0aFnKo/mqdefault.jpg

BlkCamel
09-27-2014, 01:44 AM
Burp!.!.!.! I mean Bump!

loramin
09-27-2014, 05:14 PM
Someone reveal this great hunting spot already please! This 57 shammy is getting awfully tired of Seafuries ...

Korben
10-10-2014, 08:54 AM
Someone reveal this great hunting spot already please! This 57 shammy is getting awfully tired of Seafuries ...

There's probably a dozen spots that would fit the criteria, more than likely 'the one' he has in mind is not some super secret unknown camp, because it's 2014 and we basically know all there is.

BB guards are probably a reasonable estimate, or something similar that still cons DB and has multiple spawns on a semi decent timer.

mgellan
10-10-2014, 10:11 AM
56-60 Howling Stones entrance mobs/North Wing.

Here's (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OYx8mQWY2s6C4gQFXaLR8hOyoPsqTD52_1WL0xIRzD0/edit?usp=sharing) a bit of a guide. One day I'll finish it LOL :)

Regards,
Mg

BlkCamel
10-11-2014, 03:20 AM
There's probably a dozen spots that would fit the criteria, more than likely 'the one' he has in mind is not some super secret unknown camp, because it's 2014 and we basically know all there is.

BB guards are probably a reasonable estimate, or something similar that still cons DB and has multiple spawns on a semi decent timer.

The answer is Perma Bear Pits. But with recent root changes if you are not careful you will bite it. Also much harder now without Fungi although still doable. Can root rot 4 at a time in the bottom of the pits, non stop there are 13 spawns and 22 minute timer. I was going to throw together a guide showing how to get down there and where to bind and how I break room, but Root failing early multiple times caused me to die while making the screenshots. Due to this I decided against making the guide until I see if the new Malo changes and resist changes will make it safe enough. If you die down there you are not getting a res, and because of this you want to bind in the pit meaning you need a leather cap to get out. Did not want people to curse me for sending them there only to die. :D

P.S. I would have released this guide prior to root changes but as mentioned Rkelly dropped off face of Norrath.

Potus
10-11-2014, 04:16 AM
Ah. I was not guessing the Bear Pits. My secret is safe (although bugged sadly).

jcr4990
10-15-2014, 01:49 PM
I've heard trolls can get up without shrink if luclin models enabled.Can anyone confirm? Might be worth it to enable models for this reason alone. I've spent so much money on shrink pots to get to CoM 2nd floor :(

I refuse to bind there

Tann
10-17-2014, 06:29 PM
Be there a Iksar version of this evil guide? Wanting to stay mostly in Kunark if I can, in LOIO currently at Lv.21 killing anything blue near Windmill/Ruins.

BlkCamel
10-19-2014, 12:49 AM
I've spent so much money on shrink pots to get to CoM 2nd floor :(

I refuse to bind there

That is your problem, if you cannot commit you shouldn't try. To follow the guide you must commit to the spot. The point is to stay and learn and level in the spot until you have out grown it. If you don't dedicate yourself to the camp you might as well move along. I encourage you to commit to the camp, bind and don't leave until you have reached your leveling goals.:D

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
10-19-2014, 12:59 AM
That is your problem, if you cannot commit you shouldn't try. To follow the guide you must commit to the spot. The point is to stay and learn and level in the spot until you have out grown it. If you don't dedicate yourself to the camp you might as well move along. I encourage you to commit to the camp, bind and don't leave until you have reached your leveling goals.:D

Swish
10-19-2014, 05:54 AM
Be there a Iksar version of this evil guide? Wanting to stay mostly in Kunark if I can, in LOIO currently at Lv.21 killing anything blue near Windmill/Ruins.

(Going from L20, before that, stick to Kurns/FoB)

Work your way down to the sarnak fort and do the stuff wandering near the lake there, invis up and go in there about 24-25 to the hill opposite the ledge and root/rot some sarnaks there...til about 30-31.

(Alternatively, go to Overthere near the WW zoneline and kill succulents, birds, mini sarnaks etc til 25...but don't kill at the giant fort, too busy these days plus they got a lot of HP on them).

Consider Overthere or FM for the next part, not FM giants but wandering mobs can be good (brutes, burynai if you're already kos, goblins).

Feeling edgy? Consider Nurga from 33-40(?) or so. Bind outside, or even at the zoneline before the dropdown, and root/rot in there. Pet at 34 will be handy for some extra dps. Alternatively hang around in Overthere til 37-38.

Around 40ish the same tactic applies in Kaesora, bind just outside and head in there for some fairly easy kills... don't panic if you get 3 mobs, just root em up, rot the first one down. Save enough mana to gate if required.

Alternatively, consider the yeti caves in Dreadlands til about 45, or City of Mist from 40-50... you'll need to be in there to grind epic faction from the scroll quest either way.

DL mobs outside KC are good til 48-49, then head into KC for the grind.

Get a Sebilis key and get in there for 52-58. Maybe Howling Stones if you're bored to tears of Sebilis for 58-60.

* Invisibility is your pal.
* Get your epic before 60, ask in server chat if you need help on the final boss - nice extra dps to have it :)

Kich867
10-19-2014, 08:53 AM
(Going from L20, before that, stick to Kurns/FoB)

Work your way down to the sarnak fort and do the stuff wandering near the lake there, invis up and go in there about 24-25 to the hill opposite the ledge and root/rot some sarnaks there...til about 30-31.

(Alternatively, go to Overthere near the WW zoneline and kill succulents, birds, mini sarnaks etc til 25...but don't kill at the giant fort, too busy these days plus they got a lot of HP on them).

Consider Overthere or FM for the next part, not FM giants but wandering mobs can be good (brutes, burynai if you're already kos, goblins).

Feeling edgy? Consider Nurga from 33-40(?) or so. Bind outside, or even at the zoneline before the dropdown, and root/rot in there. Pet at 34 will be handy for some extra dps. Alternatively hang around in Overthere til 37-38.

Around 40ish the same tactic applies in Kaesora, bind just outside and head in there for some fairly easy kills... don't panic if you get 3 mobs, just root em up, rot the first one down. Save enough mana to gate if required.

Alternatively, consider the yeti caves in Dreadlands til about 45, or City of Mist from 40-50... you'll need to be in there to grind epic faction from the scroll quest either way.

DL mobs outside KC are good til 48-49, then head into KC for the grind.

Get a Sebilis key and get in there for 52-58. Maybe Howling Stones if you're bored to tears of Sebilis for 58-60.

* Invisibility is your pal.
* Get your epic before 60, ask in server chat if you need help on the final boss - nice extra dps to have it :)

Can Iksar not use those Karana spots? The treants and aviak spots sounded appealing..

Tann
10-19-2014, 10:55 PM
Can Iksar not use those Karana spots? The treants and aviak spots sounded appealing..

from what i've heard treants are heavily camped, and there is only 2 of them right?

Tann
10-19-2014, 10:57 PM

I did this on my mage and it was super fast from 18-24, thinking of picking the mage back up instead cause the damn grind to 24 on this shm is horrible.

Ando
10-20-2014, 06:48 AM
Feeling edgy? Consider Nurga from 33-40(?) or so.

Nurga is the armpit of Kunark. Never go there. Every single mob is either a Necro, SK, Mage, or Shaman. Enjoy being HTed and Dotted for days.

Never again.

Thorny
10-28-2014, 12:35 AM
Just got lvl 19 as a Troll Shaman. According to the guide, killing crocs in Oasis is the way to go. Are there any other suggestions? I never liked Oasis :(

Thanks!

BarackObooma
10-28-2014, 05:06 AM
Unrest! 12-30s, 173% experience, Shaman there are a rarity and much appreciated

Estu
10-28-2014, 09:19 AM
Just got lvl 19 as a Troll Shaman. According to the guide, killing crocs in Oasis is the way to go. Are there any other suggestions? I never liked Oasis :(

Thanks!

Soloing? East Karana is a solid choice.

Thorny
10-28-2014, 10:35 PM
Thanks guys! I will check out Unrest as I was planning on heading to SK a little later on for centaurs as the guide suggested. If Unrest doesn't pan out, I'll just head to SK a little early.

Potus
10-29-2014, 02:33 PM
If you're cool with hurting your Dark Elf guard faction in Nektulos then go murder orcs in Crushbone. You can do that until like 22ish, turn in the belts, and probably get to bank on Faydwer.

Tann
11-03-2014, 06:22 PM
Is there a good alternative to the NK guards from 34-39? I tried OT near FM and the amount of resists I was getting was kinda nuts.

Looking for a nice out of the way almost afk camp like the bard diet ones, the further into obscurity the better!

loramin
11-03-2014, 06:35 PM
I'd recommend inside Splitpaw and the Frontier Mountain Giant Fort. Neither one is a "kill one mob, come back N minutes later" place, but in both of them you can kill a few mobs then go sit afk for awhile, then come back and repeat.

For other ideas:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Level_Hunting_Guide

BlkCamel
11-03-2014, 07:22 PM
Is there a good alternative to the NK guards from 34-39? I tried OT near FM and the amount of resists I was getting was kinda nuts.

Looking for a nice out of the way almost afk camp like the bard diet ones, the further into obscurity the better!

If your having problem with resists use malo line(level 29 one) really helps, get used to using that if you plan to move to specs at around 39-42.:D

Potus
11-04-2014, 03:14 AM

I think the Sword Sisters in OOT still give exp at 34-36? Might start to light blue out. Still good money.

iruinedyourday
11-05-2014, 06:27 PM
Hi! I wanted to throw this idea into the mix for shamans! if you have your epic!

I went to lGuk to solo the Lord room for Xp at lvl 54 - unfortunately about 25% of the mobs in the area were green at that level.

A great feature for the lord room is, it is basically never ever camped. So, as I missed it since I went to try it out at 54.. I would recommend doing the ghoul lord for lvl 52-53 for easy safe solo xp where you can play at your own pace, because nobody is ever going to contest you for it!

Also an ench or necro for those levels may enjoy the spot! its got good space and some cool sneaky tricks you can pull when you get in trouble!

Groum
11-18-2014, 04:14 PM
Absolutely brilliant post!

However I actually decided to ignore the OP's levelling advice. Frankly I just wanted to experience more of old Norath, so after exhuasting Inny swamp, my jr. troll shaman started smashing orc camps in S. Ro. After I hit 14 I am planning on hitting up Lavastorm, then Najena, then Sol A, and so on.

As weird as it sounds, the original advise as actually too good in many ways! Plus I wanted enough plat to make my own Banded, etc. Something that the orcs do indeed provide. However that only applies to the early levels, which are pretty smooth no matter where you are. The high level tips are prcieless, as you are talking serious chunks of time there if you aren't efficient. Or so I recall.

Great post, great thread, and a key reason why I am now a Troll Shammy. :-)

Groum

Thorny
11-20-2014, 01:40 AM
Bump for an older post.

Also, for evil shamans, in the level 30ish range you can go kill halfling guards in Misty Thicket. They drop about 11pp per kill (They drop a SPEAR every kill which is 10pp to a vendor) I say bind yourself in HHK at the neutral vendor, and when your bags are full just gate, sell then run back!

Just need to watch out for that lil halfling druid lady who likes to give everyone nearby SoW + Thorns.

I'm approaching level 30 and am looking into doing this. Anyone have more information on where exactly the neutral vendor is in HHK?

Thanks!

iruinedyourday
11-23-2014, 08:48 PM
Absolutely brilliant post!

However I actually decided to ignore the OP's levelling advice. Frankly I just wanted to experience more of old Norath, so after exhuasting Inny swamp, my jr. troll shaman started smashing orc camps in S. Ro. After I hit 14 I am planning on hitting up Lavastorm, then Najena, then Sol A, and so on.

As weird as it sounds, the original advise as actually too good in many ways! Plus I wanted enough plat to make my own Banded, etc. Something that the orcs do indeed provide. However that only applies to the early levels, which are pretty smooth no matter where you are. The high level tips are prcieless, as you are talking serious chunks of time there if you aren't efficient. Or so I recall.

Great post, great thread, and a key reason why I am now a Troll Shammy. :-)

Groum

lavastorm is a great place at 11! :D everything will be yellow

Groum
11-25-2014, 12:57 PM
Ugh, Yellows /shiver

A lot of time I lose to them, and even when I don't, the downtime isn't even close to worth it. Shammies start slow, and I am not twinked.

Just FYI, I made a good amount camping the Deathfist orcs for Sashes (+Vendoring Rawhide). I had to use SoW/Dot to break the camps, which isn't very efficient, but once broken, I could melee/Dot the rest of the way.

That got me enough cash to forge my own Banded Mail, + buy a nice Staff (14/40, can't recall the name off the top of my head). Even with that--and the new lvl 14 slow, Yellows are just bad news.

However I just relocated to Lavastorm, and it's looking up. I remember this zone as having a lot of cash for an outdoor zone, little competition, and hopefully it will take me a couple of levels. Another plus is not getting trained by Sand Giants--I am looking at YOU Loony the bard.

Shaman's are a bit of a slog, there is no doubt. I just want to get to Regen + Canni + decent Dots, and I'm sure it will all work out. My next stop, gear wise, are 5/55 AC/HP rings. Once I get that, I might try to jump back on the track of this guide, at least to compare rate of levelling versus my old-school/old-world method.

Groum

Groum
11-26-2014, 12:40 PM
As an update to this:

At lvl 14, quite a bit of the random wanderers are still yellow, and some are red. A few of the drakes are going green, but still give good exp, especially compared to the time and mana it takes to down one.

I did 3 yellow bars of exp last night, dinged 15, and made 35pp. I would guess 50pp per level, although that might actually increase since I will now be taking on more Rock Dervishes and Lava Basiliks (stackable eggs that go for 6gp!!). This isn't trivial at all to an untwinked 'toon, and the experience is actually better for me solo than Oasis/South Ro. was.

Although there are undeniable grouping opportunities to Oasis, that's all there is. I'd suggest Lavastorm to any evil Shammy who wants an alternative in the 14-19 level range. The exp is very good, and the loot is very good for the level, can fight by zone, and sell in zone (or you can bind in Neriak next to a Vendor like I did), so it meets the guide's original criterial for a good levelling place.

Groum

Cillaz
01-01-2015, 09:18 PM
In the teens I like to kill in WC and go for wisps, kodiak/young kodiaks. You can do the light stone turn in quest at the oasis gypsies for xp/plat or sell them to shady in ec. Plus loot bear pelts/skins to sell in ec. It's a good way to make some pp in the teens. Plus you can often get buffed by ppl in wc, if you ask nicely.

Swamphunk
01-08-2015, 05:38 PM
A love bump for a guide I like!

BlkCamel
01-27-2015, 04:26 AM
Just want to thank you for your explanation of 2nd floor CoM. I got a group together for my epic fight about 30% into 54. That 30% was just awful; 4 or 5 lengthy KC groups, after doing 51-53 in KC so I was already really bored with it. I helped with reavers for another shaman, and by the time I had my epic I was 40% done with 54.

The last 60% of 54 and all of 55 at CoM second floor was faster than the first 30% of 54. The leveling was fun and challenging, as well as financially rewarding. I got 3 Master Wu's Trance Sticks and at least 1k in gems/jewelry. Not bad, considering exp was flying.

My only advice to add about CoM 2nd floor is to try and be conservative. 3 mobs at once is optimal, even if you can do 6. Adds tend to come at the worst possible time, and it sucks investing 4 minutes into 5 mobs just to have another come and force you to zone. Yes, you can time repops and pathers, but I found it easier to just stagger pulls so that I was grabbing a 4th after one of the first 3 was on the way out. I don't have a JBB, but I think it would have a lot of value here, because most mobs would end up at 0-1% hp and needed another enstill/epic. JBB would essentially have saved me 60 mana per mob, which obviously isn't a huge deal but it's not nothing.

Thank you DrKvothe, this is one of my favorite comments in this entire thread. You have provided some good input to this thread and I appreciate that. Shamelessly Bumping my thread with this qoute.:D

BlkCamel
01-27-2015, 04:35 AM
After 19, I've spent time in Kurn's, OT near the pond on the east wall, at P1/P2 in Oasis, and Crag Spiders in EK.
My personal experience has been that when 20 hits it is time to leave Kurn's, OT was alright but slow, and the Crag Spiders drop great Silk but they take most of my mana bar at 21.
P1/P2 in Oasis isn't too bad solo but it was best with a monk to duo while I rooted the deepwaters that were roaming to keep chain killing going.
I'll update if I try any other spots - 19-24 is a bit slow because the 19 spells don't do much to amp up your killing.

Another Great Comment, May add to post in the future.:D

emdubwubwub
02-02-2015, 03:42 PM
What kind of content will a Troll Shaman not be able to solo at 60 that an Ogre Shaman can, again at L60 with the same gear/spells, because the Ogre Shaman will have Frontal Stun Immunity?

Benedict
02-06-2015, 03:59 PM
So I see on the front page that Root isn't breaking as often and has less resist chance. Does this mean that Shaman is more tolerable now? I tried my hand at shaman but the constant root breaking drove me absolutely insane. I don't see how you guys kill 3+ mobs when it burns all my mana on a single mob just trying to keep it rooted. Most of the time reapplying my dots breaks the root.

Orruar
02-06-2015, 04:03 PM
What kind of content will a Troll Shaman not be able to solo at 60 that an Ogre Shaman can, again at L60 with the same gear/spells, because the Ogre Shaman will have Frontal Stun Immunity?

None. Zero. Possibly a negative number.

DrKvothe
02-06-2015, 06:46 PM
Benedict, level difference is the single most important factor. High dark blues break all the time, low dark blues and light blues rarely break. The 3 minute root is a god-send, since it can be so easily timed with the 1.5 minute epic clicky. If you're getting an uncomfortable number of root breaks, use your strongest spell from the malo line. So for example, root everything, pick a target, malo, epic, re-root (so that it's timed on epic), then rinse and repeat through the mobs.

slouth
02-24-2015, 06:18 PM
I did 49 and most of 50 on Cynd at Fear Portal. I did have a few deaths from her, but she was giving 2.5-3% Exp per kill at 50 ( Barb) and 6min spawn time. I would summon pet, kill all the Skellys with pet, Make sure I put up junk buffs first ( she dispels 2 spots) make sure to have Poison and disease buff up. Root Pet, And just chain nuke her, while pet munch's on her. No plat to be made, but does drop the odd ruby crown, or ruby. Just make sure you watch when pet attacks he doesn't argo the roaming spec that comes into area. Most of my deaths were because I didn't have enough mana to nuke (got greedy) or argo'd the spec and or skelly was up ( so Fido would jump them other then the necro).

Bonuses of the area is that raids pass by so free buffs :) Also if you do die, don't loot yourself entirely, leave body up since you might get the roaming cleric going into fear.

Buku

Arislyn
03-05-2015, 09:50 PM
BUMP!

Having a bit of a slow time with 25 in SK. Any suggestions from the masses?

Tenlaar
03-05-2015, 10:12 PM
I love the WW giant fort from 24 to 29/30. Good vendor loots every now and then, chance for forest loop drops, good xp as long as there aren't six other people running around.

Jydlen
03-05-2015, 11:35 PM
BUMP!

Having a bit of a slow time with 25 in SK. Any suggestions from the masses?

HHK guards if you can get the camp, main level is cake with your pet

Ofaelol
03-11-2015, 02:50 PM
Level 11 Sham just starting out on p99 here. I have 150pp to my name, should I start investing in gear, like a set of banded or keep saving for the 55hp rings?

loramin
03-11-2015, 03:14 PM
A) gear really doesn't matter at the low levels (well except gear like a fungal tunic), so just saving your plat isn't a bad idea
B) the most important thing to buy is your spells: make sure you save plat for that
C) if you are going to buy gear, in general AC is better than HP

What I mean by that last one is that HP increases your maximum, which is only relevant when you first start fighting after a med break. AC prevents you from taking damage, so (like regen) it is constantly contributing to your HP and making it so you have to med less. In general having to med less > having a few more HP after a med break.

Man0warr
03-11-2015, 03:19 PM
Except for 55 hp rings - those are broken on a cost/hp ratio. Not many items in game at this point give more than 55 hp and aren't worth tons of plat.

loramin
03-11-2015, 04:18 PM
Well it's all about what you're trying to achieve right? If your goal is to level faster, higher max HP (no matter how cheap) doesn't really help: HP is great for lots of things, but it doesn't contribute much to leveling. Imagine if I said "the Boots of Loramin give +80 Charisma for only 20 plat"; sure the ratio is great, but if adding 80 Charisma won't help me level then who cares?

The way I see it the choice boils down to the Platinum Fire Wedding Ring for 5 AC, at a cost of 250 plat, vs. a suit of banded at 91 plat. Since the Shaman already will have some looted gear though they won't get +91 AC from the banded; let's say they currently have 50 AC, so the banded nets +41 AC.

This means our choices are:

Platinum Fire Wedding Ring: 5AC for 250 plat (0.02 AC/plat)
Suit of Banded: 41 AC for 91 plat (0.45 AC/plat)

Ultimately you should buy both, because HP does help and the rings are a great deal. I'd just argue that new Shaman should buy the banded suit first, because they will get more leveling power for their platinum that way.

(But then again gear really doesn't matter all that much at low levels, so realistically whatever choice the Shaman makes they probably won't even notice a difference).

DrKvothe
03-11-2015, 05:10 PM
I think the 110 hp is worth a lot more than that at lower levels. It's the difference between living and getting exp or dying and losing it against a high blue or even con. Compare to camping HS ent at 56+: the 110 hp from those rings is pretty valuable when zoning in and potentially getting double attacked, HT'd, and stunned by 2 skeletons the moment you hit the floor, having to get root off after losing 1000+ hp before you can move. It's a lot less valuable (pretty much worthless if you know what you're doing) when you've set up and are root/rotting the room.

You could make the same statement about the AC from banded, but I'm not sure it's true. In the teens, at least, level seems to make way more of a difference in whether the mob misses, hits, or hits for max dmg than AC. There's a lot of speculation about how AC works on this server for non-tanks, but I've seen nothing particularly convincing.

My new troll shm on red is using what I initially planned to be just a style item (i'm all about style, screw stats. if i die i die. style ~ clickies > stats): http://wiki.project1999.com/Withered_Totem_of_Widdershins
The strategy that I've found to be most successful in my teens is to med joust. Root mob, hit it, back up and sit. After med tick, move in and hit him again then back up and sit. At 18, I'm nailing ever med tick, getting 90 mana and 40 hp per minute, versus 20 mana and 20 hp per minute if constantly attacking. I'm also effectively resetting both my delay and the mob's delay to 60, which benefits me greatly; I lose 30% dps, mob loses 50%. I dump the mana into nukes (will switch to dots at 19). I haven't found anything else this efficient at these levels. I can very easily take 2 at once by rooting them both and dumping a couple of nukes at the first one to speed up that fight while otherwise following the same strategy.

The strat will pay off even better once I hit 20 and my sitting hp regen bumps from 4 to 6 and max damage goes from 28 to 40 for my weapon. Affliction, autoattack, root, get a second swing in then start jousting.

So the advice I'll give from now on to any new shaman looking to spend their money in the best way possible is: Runewood Great Staff then 5/55 rings then banded or save for cheaper stat pieces, depending on how much you're still fighting face to face by the time you've saved that much.

loramin
03-11-2015, 05:33 PM
It's the difference between living and getting exp or dying and losing it

While I agree with the rest of your post, I disagree on this one point. Here's why: when people die, it's rarely because they were at full HP and those HP weren't enough. Instead, it's almost always because they waited too long: maybe they got an add at 500 HP, and decided not to gate ... but they decided wrong and the add killed them.

The thing is, adding max HP does nothing to help that situation: whether you have 500/600 HP, 500/1200 HP, or 500/6000 HP, the problem is that you are making the wrong call at 500 HP. The max HP isn't the issue.

Now, there are cases where max HP does matter: if you decide to pick a fight with a white con at full HP then your max HP absolutely will affect whether you live or die. But any smart leveler won't be trying to kill (exp-inefficient) white cons, they'll be killing low-level blues instead. Since a Shaman at full HP can almost always kill a blue-con, unless they pick fights with white-cons they won't be dying from a lack of max HP. Instead they'll be dying because they didn't run when they should have, and that has everything to do with the player and nothing to do with the character's HP.

DrKvothe
03-11-2015, 06:44 PM
I probably just play differently. The way I think about it is this: over an extended farming session, any hp/mana you lose has to be regained. So I usually med back to 90-100% (without wasting ticks) before the next mob unless doing so will ruin a split spawn or something. I don't at all see the value in the "just barely enough is good enough" mentality. It's caused me too many unexpected deaths or wasteful resets.

Maybe due to this, I've noticed a rather large increase in my survivability and, by extension, leveling rate through the teens on chars I've given 5/55 rings to.

Ofaelol
03-12-2015, 10:55 AM
Thanks for the info. The replies and the solo guide make it sound like banded first is the best bet right now, gonna go with that.

DrKvothe
03-12-2015, 02:04 PM
Either way, it's not a lot of money. A full set costs less than lvl 19 spells.

As I mentioned, I care more about fashion than stats with marginal utility like AC. http://web.archive.org/web/20011003225959/everquest.allakhazam.com/equipment/fashion/ is my friend. This is what a set of banded looks like on a male troll: http://web.archive.org/web/20010816083942/http://everquest.allakhazam.com/equipment/fashion/troll_male_banded.jpg

Compare to blackened iron which you can get for yourself, if not at 29 then certainly at 34: http://web.archive.org/web/20011029192241/http://everquest.allakhazam.com/equipment/fashion/Blackened_Iron_Troll_Male.html

Or mixed pieces of totemic and jaundiced bone which look identical afaik:
http://web.archive.org/web/20011029191415/http://everquest.allakhazam.com/equipment/fashion/Totemic_Troll_Male.html
http://web.archive.org/web/20010816082009/http://everquest.allakhazam.com/equipment/fashion/jaundicedbone_troll_male.jpg

Also bloodstained tunic for a better chain look:
http://web.archive.org/web/20011004021559/http://everquest.allakhazam.com/equipment/fashion/Bloodstained_Tunic_Troll_Male.html

I've been reading this guide more closely thanks to my red troll shaman, now happily lvl 21 and just about ready to leave kurns. I want to play this character in a more fulfilling way than I played my barbarian. So I'm building a checklist of things I want to do that may not be the best money/hour or exp/hour but that are interesting on their own right. The list is pretty immature at this point, but some are relevant to the guide here.

For example, using kurns bone chips to fix cabilis faction to use their outdoor merchants (haven't done it yet, hoping it can be done with wolf form). And camping my own grim aura clicky in WW. And earning my OT hammer the hard way since there's no item recharge on red (no borrowing puppet string charge on the cheap).

One main point is to be more independent when traveling. Calling for ports is lame; we're a class with sow, lev, invis, and gate. Evil races can get OT hammer on their own. This means using Firepots! I've got two ideas that I need to check out. First, and first available, is binding at oasis dock and lev/run or swim either straight to firepots or from first island in TD. I obviously need to play around with this. The second is to use OT hammer, wait on boat to TD, then jump off boat and run to firepots as soon as zone in. Obviously second one has the advantage of being able to bind anywhere.

In order to make firepots trip safer, especially on red where dragons seem to actually live long enough to gank people unexpectedly (died to DL dragon a full day after server repop), working on Ring of Scale faction can be considered a small side-task. This can be done either by killing in mistmoore (risky at the appropriate level on red, overcamped on blue) or doing bard diet.

I killed some bards on my barbarian shaman and deeply regretted it. It's annoying as hell to have a couple of max kos npcs in cities where you're otherwise well liked. Does anybody have experience with bard faction from an evil race point of view?

BlkCamel
03-13-2015, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the info. The replies and the solo guide make it sound like banded first is the best bet right now, gonna go with that.

I know I am late to the responses here but if you have 500plat buy the rings first, if you dont have 500 plat but have 90+ plat buy the Banded. Much easier to scrounge together 100p than 500p at low levels, so you might as well be covered in banded while you farm the rest of what you need for rings (Which might be a few levels, depending how low level you are and what you are killing).:D

iruinedyourday
03-13-2015, 10:17 PM
sorry if im late to the party, but why stop at 56? at 57 captain/efreeti will get you where you need to go on ez mode!

Edit: oh I see why not hehe sorry :D 56+ there are still more great solo spots, including some decent money spots. By then though, you should know about them and feel comfortable making your own path, so I won't expand farther then there.

Ofaelol
03-21-2015, 09:40 AM
I know I am late to the responses here but if you have 500plat buy the rings first, if you dont have 500 plat but have 90+ plat buy the Banded. Much easier to scrounge together 100p than 500p at low levels, so you might as well be covered in banded while you farm the rest of what you need for rings (Which might be a few levels, depending how low level you are and what you are killing).:D

Ty!

BlkCamel
04-10-2015, 05:06 AM
Why every Shaman needs a Goblin Skull Earring;

Can someone please explain what global cooldown removal is why I should get the goblin skull earring? Thank you

Without Goblin Skull Earring:

1. Cast Canni.
2. Wait 1.5 seconds for global cool down, which prevents the casting of any spells.
3. Cast Canni.

Many will time Canni to med ticks and sit between casts to eliminate this inefficiency of not being able to re-cast canni for additional mana gain. Timing med ticks also causes you to take longer then 1.5 seconds many times waiting for tick before you stand and cast Canni again.

With Goblin Skull Earring:

1. Cast Canni
2. Click Goblin Skull Earring
3. Immediately re-cast Canni

You now no longer have to sit between casts wasting time or rapidly top off mana by chain casting Canni. You have eliminated 1.5 second delay and any lost time waiting for med ticks. This means you gain mana much, much faster. It turns Canni into a poor mans Manastone (one with a cast time).

Most people will make a hotkey of Earring slot and put it on hot bar. As example I put Goblin Earring on NumPad* and Canni on NumPad9 and after Canni completes hit NumPad* followed by Numpad9.:D

Best Proof of Concept of benefits of Frontal Stun Immunity;

My pleasure.

Here's a few samples:

[Tue Dec 30 17:44:12 2014] You begin casting Torpor.
[Tue Dec 30 17:44:12 2014] You haven't recovered yet...
[Tue Dec 30 17:44:14 2014] An ire ghast bashes YOU for 32 points of damage.
[Tue Dec 30 17:44:14 2014] An ire ghast hits YOU for 54 points of damage.
[Tue Dec 30 17:44:16 2014] You resist the Disease Cloud spell!
[Tue Dec 30 17:44:18 2014] You regain your concentration and continue your casting.
[Tue Dec 30 17:44:18 2014] You fall into a state of torpor.
[Tue Dec 30 17:58:01 2014] You begin casting Torpor.
[Tue Dec 30 17:58:05 2014] A scorn banshee hits YOU for 100 points of damage.
[Tue Dec 30 17:58:06 2014] A scorn banshee bashes YOU for 39 points of damage.
[Tue Dec 30 17:58:07 2014] You regain your concentration and continue your casting.
[Tue Dec 30 17:58:07 2014] You fall into a state of torpor.
[Tue Dec 30 18:10:38 2014] You begin casting Torpor.
[Tue Dec 30 18:10:41 2014] You have healed Ginfizzie for 300 points of damage.
[Tue Dec 30 18:10:41 2014] Cleric of Innoruuk bashes YOU for 46 points of damage.
[Tue Dec 30 18:10:44 2014] You regain your concentration and continue your casting.
[Tue Dec 30 18:10:44 2014] You fall into a state of torpor.
[Tue Dec 30 19:09:03 2014] You begin casting Malo.
[Tue Dec 30 19:09:03 2014] King Tranix pet hits YOU for 32 points of damage.
[Tue Dec 30 19:09:04 2014] King Tranix pet bashes YOU for 14 points of damage.
[Tue Dec 30 19:09:04 2014] You feel your lifeforce drain away. You have taken 27 points of damage.
[Tue Dec 30 19:09:04 2014] King Tranix hits YOU for 59 points of damage.
[Tue Dec 30 19:09:05 2014] King Tranix bashes YOU for 46 points of damage.
[Tue Dec 30 19:09:06 2014] King Tranix hits YOU for 124 points of damage.
[Tue Dec 30 19:09:06 2014] King Tranix hits YOU for 41 points of damage.
[Tue Dec 30 19:09:06 2014] King Tranix pet tries to hit YOU, but YOU dodge!
[Tue Dec 30 19:09:08 2014] Urrsa has healed you for 300 points of damage.
[Tue Dec 30 19:09:08 2014] You regain your concentration and continue your casting.
[Tue Dec 30 19:11:42 2014] You begin casting Paralyzing Earth.
[Tue Dec 30 19:11:44 2014] Fire giant warrior bashes YOU for 36 points of damage.
[Tue Dec 30 19:11:44 2014] Your Paralyzing Earth spell has worn off.
[Tue Dec 30 19:11:44 2014] Fire giant warrior hits YOU for 74 points of damage.
[Tue Dec 30 19:11:44 2014] Fire giant warrior kicks YOU for 31 points of damage.
[Tue Dec 30 19:11:44 2014] Fire giant warrior hits YOU for 49 points of damage.
[Tue Dec 30 19:11:45 2014] You regain your concentration and continue your casting.
[Sat Jan 31 00:13:41 2015] You begin casting Torpor.
[Sat Jan 31 00:13:41 2015] An ire ghast hits YOU for 100 points of damage.
[Sat Jan 31 00:13:41 2015] An ire ghast bashes YOU for 32 points of damage.
[Sat Jan 31 00:13:42 2015] Cleric of Innoruuk hits YOU for 64 points of damage.
[Sat Jan 31 00:13:44 2015] A spite golem pet bites YOU for 35 points of damage.
[Sat Jan 31 00:13:44 2015] An ire ghast hits YOU for 128 points of damage.
[Sat Jan 31 00:13:44 2015] Cleric of Innoruuk hits YOU for 103 points of damage.
[Sat Jan 31 00:13:44 2015] Cleric of Innoruuk hits YOU for 72 points of damage.
[Sat Jan 31 00:13:44 2015] Cleric of Innoruuk bashes YOU for 54 points of damage.
[Sat Jan 31 00:13:45 2015] An ire ghast hits YOU for 32 points of damage.
[Sat Jan 31 00:13:45 2015] A loathling lich slices YOU for 132 points of damage.
[Sat Jan 31 00:13:45 2015] You resist the Gravity Flux spell!
[Sat Jan 31 00:13:45 2015] A spite golem pet bites YOU for 29 points of damage.
[Sat Jan 31 00:13:47 2015] An ire ghast hits YOU for 111 points of damage.
[Sat Jan 31 00:13:47 2015] You regain your concentration and continue your casting.
[Sat Jan 31 00:13:47 2015] You fall into a state of torpor.
[Sat Feb 28 13:16:10 2015] You begin casting Torpor.
[Sat Feb 28 13:16:11 2015] Brigadier G`tav slashes YOU for 192 points of damage.
[Sat Feb 28 13:16:11 2015] Brigadier G`tav slashes YOU for 128 points of damage.
[Sat Feb 28 13:16:12 2015] Brigadier G`tav kicks YOU for 49 points of damage.
[Sat Feb 28 13:16:12 2015] Brigadier G`tav slashes YOU for 200 points of damage.
[Sat Feb 28 13:16:12 2015] Brigadier G`tav slashes YOU for 192 points of damage.
[Sat Feb 28 13:16:12 2015] Brigadier G`tav slashes YOU for 192 points of damage.
[Sat Feb 28 13:16:14 2015] Brigadier G`tav slashes YOU for 144 points of damage.
[Sat Feb 28 13:16:14 2015] Brigadier G`tav slashes YOU for 176 points of damage.
[Sat Feb 28 13:16:16 2015] Brigadier G`tav slashes YOU for 160 points of damage.
[Sat Feb 28 13:16:16 2015] Brigadier G`tav slashes YOU for 192 points of damage.
[Sat Feb 28 13:16:17 2015] You regain your concentration and continue your casting.
[Sat Feb 28 13:16:17 2015] You fall into a state of torpor.
[Wed Mar 04 16:51:08 2015] You begin casting Enstill.
[Wed Mar 04 16:51:08 2015] You haven't recovered yet...
[Wed Mar 04 16:51:08 2015] You can't use that command right now...
[Wed Mar 04 16:51:09 2015] A shin ghoul knight bashes YOU for 7 points of damage.
[Wed Mar 04 16:51:09 2015] Your legs feel weak.
[Wed Mar 04 16:51:09 2015] A shin ghoul knight tries to hit YOU, but YOU dodge!
[Wed Mar 04 16:51:09 2015] A greater ice bones bashes YOU for 18 points of damage.
[Wed Mar 04 16:51:09 2015] A greater ice bones bashes YOU for 15 points of damage.
[Wed Mar 04 16:51:10 2015] You regain your concentration and continue your casting.

Edit: It's worth noting any of these regular melee attacks could have also been stuns (kicks too)

The Best Summation of why I advocate Ogre Shaman;

No-one is saying which race you HAVE to be or even basing decisions on the hardest things in game, simply that if you're min/maxing (what this question is all about) you should min/max for difficult situations, i.e. being hit by multiple or hard-hitting mobs for whatever reason (breaking camps, root breaks, trains, difficult solo mobs), not for easy situations (being able to cast 1 more Talisman of Kragg every 10 minutes while buffing a raid).

/Agree, Too many people are getting caught up in this preach mentality. No one is saying you have to be this to do that, you have to be this, or your not as good as that. No one is trying to convince anyone that already made a Shaman what to do, but giving insight to a new Shaman who has yet to choose. Add to the discussion don't get defensive.

All Shaman are powerful, All Shaman have to deal with push, All Shaman have techniques to deal with situations (That's why we're Shaman), but some feel some Racial Abilities are better than others. They have laid out their arguments, just as you and anyone else can, for why they think what they think. No one has to take any of this personal, no one is trying to make anyone question why they chose what they chose.

I played a Barb Shaman on live 99-06, at first I knew no different and loved it. But as I grew and learned more about the game I envied the Troll's regen the most. Then the game progressed and new expansions applied new difficulties which enlightened me and others to the benefits of certain skills.

Yes regen is always on and is great. Free Fungi when sitting and half a Fungi while standing. All Shaman want/need Fungi so Troll equal Fungi+/1.5!!! Except what me and many others have realized is that, it is not what a racial ability can do for you, but what a racial ability can do for others.

Frontal Stun Immunity allows you to:

Slow any mob @ 100% and know you can channel the next spell no matter what(Root/Heal/Slow on another mob);

Off-tank any mob knowing you can still Slow/Root/Heal others while off-tanking said mob (using slow for mass agro);

Slow-tank any mob (which means can JBB on said mob, without worry about root breaking), and still root/rot 4+ other mobs at the same time;

Channel Slow/Torpor/Root/Gate/Sup Heal/Epic click with confidence spell will go off. How many times have you non Ogre's tried to heal/root/torp/gate/epic and had it interrupted and you had to try again? How many times has this caused you death? How many times have you really been interrupted while epic clicking/JBB clicking/Rooting/Slowing/Healing??

Check your logs and post them, I bet if Ogre and Non-Ogre Shaman posted their logs the amount of failed casts is 5X higher for non Ogre. JBB/Epic/Torpor are all long casts, an interrupt anytime is a major loss in efficiency. Ogre's just do not have to worry about this, like other races do.

Again to address push, for those that want to use this argument. All Shaman have to deal with push, because of this we all use walls/environment to negate this. If all Shaman have to deal with push, and all Shaman are using technique to mitigate this, then it is not something that should be used as an argument against one race or the other. All races have to deal with push and do, if they don't, they don't make it to 60 with Torpor and Epic. Push is not an issue because we all know how to deal with it. The push argument really needs to be dropped by all parties.:D

Quick and Dirty CoM 2nd Floor Accessibility Guide;

Is there a guide to com 2nd floor? Ie how to get there and where to go? I never spent anytime on the 2nd, and done with the slow a55 xp in kc now :) thanks for all the help!

Step 1: Enter City of Mist

Step2: Go Across bridge through gate and turn right, run to Temple camp.

Step 3: Clear Temple guards both lower and upper level.

Step 4: Shrink if Large Race using Potion, Levitate and Invis to Undead.

Step 5: Run up Left side of Temple, inside and up the stairs. At top you will see a Flag attached to wall above you.

Step 6: Use Lev trick to float onto Flag and Jump to 2nd level. You will agro Immediately, kill what agros.

Step 7: Float over to Roof next to ledges (Arena) and bind on top. Kill everything on ledges then start clearing rooms, Wallah you are doing 2nd level CoM.

Step 8: If run into trouble Train to zone as fast as you can (always have levitate up), heal and gate back to Arena. Rinse and repeat until level 56 and decide if you want to stay or venture out.:D

Tips for Timing Buffs/Spawns, Unlimited Timers that Overlay while Windowed;

Hey,
So I have really been enjoying playing my alt shaman, very fun class!
What I'm wondering is how you professional shamans out there keep track of party buffs?
Any tips/pointers would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

I use Free Countdown Timer (Cnet) (http://download.cnet.com/Free-Countdown-Timer/3000-2350_4-75330413.html). Allows multiple timers set at whatever you want with whatever sounds you want and overlays over game when you play in windowed mode.

****From Product description, "You can set the time in hours, minutes, seconds and an alarm will ring the counter reaches zero; or you can set date and time and an alarm will ring the counter reaches this time. Free Countdown Timer supports unlimited number of timers so that you are not restricted to the number of alarms you can have"

P.S. - Another trick is to time things to buffs, If you have clicky buffs can always refresh buff when a certain timer needs to start and count back from max duration. Cheap and easy way to time things without needing to mess with 3rd party programs.

A Best of the Best of Recent Comments I felt would be useful to add to the Archive!:D

applesauce25r624
04-10-2015, 04:50 PM
outstanding post on ogre stun immunity, blkcamel

convinced to not reroll my ogre shaman

loramin
04-10-2015, 05:04 PM
convinced to not reroll my ogre shaman

I feel like all this discussion of the "best shaman race" has gotten blown way out of proportion: no one should ever let this forum convince them to re-roll their shaman.

Maybe Ogre is the best race, maybe Troll is; hell I'd argue Barbarian is but that's not the point. The point is (unlike some classes) all of the shaman races are perfectly viable. Any shaman race can solo a Western Wastes dragon, raid VP, or group in Sebilis; even if you lack both regen and frontal stun immunity I guarantee it won't make you miss out on anything. The only thing the racial choice does is make certain things a bit easier.

/rant off

Now to go re-roll my Dark Elf necromancer in to an Iksar ...

DevGrousis
04-10-2015, 06:17 PM
Firstly, thank you for the awesome guide, and the great conversation that followed. Learned as much from the convos as I did from the guide itself!

I've got some questions regarding most mana efficient/quickest way to level at 17 (Iksar low key twinked). I'm currently in Kurns, and most of the first floor is green now, so i've come up to the second floor to pull to the spiral stairs where no skellys pat. The Lesser Ice Bone guys are yellow/even to me now, and I can only take them if i burn them all the way down with Spirit Strike (which is clearly very inefficient because It takes down to like 25%m). With the Greater Skeletons, which are DB con, I have been DoT'ng with Tainted Breath, slowing, and just meleeing them down, but I can only do about 2 before I have to either heal myself back up, which then makes me need to med. Am I missing something here, or is this the most efficient way to do this?

Also, I cannot imagine doing 19 here as well. Any other spots I can go to that might be better, or is this it?

Thanks

BlkCamel
04-12-2015, 04:46 AM
Firstly, thank you for the awesome guide, and the great conversation that followed. Learned as much from the convos as I did from the guide itself!

I've got some questions regarding most mana efficient/quickest way to level at 17 (Iksar low key twinked). I'm currently in Kurns, and most of the first floor is green now, so i've come up to the second floor to pull to the spiral stairs where no skellys pat. The Lesser Ice Bone guys are yellow/even to me now, and I can only take them if i burn them all the way down with Spirit Strike (which is clearly very inefficient because It takes down to like 25%m). With the Greater Skeletons, which are DB con, I have been DoT'ng with Tainted Breath, slowing, and just meleeing them down, but I can only do about 2 before I have to either heal myself back up, which then makes me need to med. Am I missing something here, or is this the most efficient way to do this?

Also, I cannot imagine doing 19 here as well. Any other spots I can go to that might be better, or is this it?

Thanks

You are doing it right, I would use sicken, tainted breath and walking sleep. Can use Walking sleep until you are 34. When you get affliction can add that in. I never nuked unless it was high con like you said or a caster. You can head out if you want but its not much better when you lose the ZEM of Kurns. I would stick it out to 19 before leaving. If you want can head towards Oasis now for crocs and undead but make sure you have your spells.

Can try entrence to Najena if you want some extra ZEM or in lavastorm there should be some mobs to kill.:D

Grobb 1999
04-17-2015, 03:02 PM
You are doing it right,

lol wut? there are a lot of spots at 17 and kurns is not it. I have to say your 'evil shaman solo guild' is 10% -ok- info and 90% Internet trash.

I'm going to post after work today (where i have gone) only because this is like the 3rd misguided nonsense I've heard/read here and in game concernin where to lvl from this guid.

DrKvothe
04-17-2015, 03:11 PM
Ok...well a lot of people have found this guide to be useful and more accurate than any other shaman resource for this server. Especially as a money making tool.

As for low level killing, I think that nukes have a greater effective mana efficiency than disease dots. Shortening fights means a lot of extra mana regen. I was med-jousting at those levels: take a big, slow 2h weapon, poison dot and root the mob, and alternate between stepping in to hit it and stepping back and sitting for regen ticks. Your delay effectively becomes 6 seconds, but so does the monster's, so you actually win out in terms of damage dealt/taken if you use a high damage/high delay weapon. Since you're hitting all your med ticks (literally all), you've got enough mana for an extra nuke. Since you're setting your enemy's attack speed with jousting, you don't need to waste mana on slow.

BlkCamel
04-17-2015, 03:54 PM
lol wut? there are a lot of spots at 17 and kurns is not it. I have to say your 'evil shaman solo guild' is 10% -ok- info and 90% Internet trash.

I'm going to post after work today (where i have gone) only because this is like the 3rd misguided nonsense I've heard/read here and in game concernin where to lvl from this guid.

Sorry you feel this way, there are blue and even and yellow cons in Kurns to a level 17. The XP bonus this zone gives is about as good as it gets. I don't see how you can argue against it being an efficient solo spot where the per kill XP needs to be maximized since you are not doing volume like a group. Unrest may be comparable exp but is way more overcrowded then Kurns and more dangerous.

qinsteel
04-20-2015, 01:14 PM
My 2 cents: I just recently leveled my IKS SHM in Kurns from 12 - thru 17 and found the time to be very good, as you get to 17 there are a lot more greens than blue and the yellows resisted too much to make it worth while. At times it was very crowded but FoB is always available and provided many blues. For an IKS its the place to be, for an Ogre, Troll or Barb not sure its worth the trip there but I dont have the experience to make another suggestion. As to the guide, It is a great place to start, I have noticed that people have made modification and suggestions to the guide and I believe that was Blkcamel's intention. I personally have enjoyed trying out the suggestions. I would not consider it trash but a starting place, its your adventure go where you want and don't take in one persons account but read up on all the guides and find out for yourself.

Rage1999
04-22-2015, 11:00 AM
Awesome guide thanks for putting in the time =)

Noren
05-05-2015, 04:44 PM
Lvl 16 atm, following your guide.

some advices :
- Create your Char, pop in Oggok, ask a high lvl player who is killing Oggok guards (there is always someone doing that) to let you loot a shield and a weapon that you can use.
Ask him if you can loot an extra weapon / shield to sell for your spells.

- User inner fire to heal.

- I killed snakes in SRO lvl 8 to 9. Lots of blue.

Will update as I lvl up.

Rage1999
05-10-2015, 01:43 PM
Oasis Crocs were over camped so instead of fighting the 1 to 2 groups plus several solos for exp I've moved to south Karana early centaur shelties/foals seem to be easy kills.

Lopretni
05-12-2015, 04:21 AM
my observations so far leveling a ogre shaman to 7 YMMV

http://i.imgur.com/kzlC4FH.jpg

i didn't care much for going up and down the road to inno. it seemed like there were either never any enemies, or so many enemies i'd get swarmed and have to run back to the guards. instead i found this nice little pocket in the upper right corner of the map. skeletons, broodlings, occasionally some bats. spiderlings are also plentiful but they help their own kind so you have to be careful of the bigger spiders which will destroy you. unlike the roads the land is a little flatter and there aren't quite as many trees so it's easier to keep an eye on the area around you. it's also nice because if you hang near the walls and aren't familiar with the zone it's easy to get to guards, just follow the wall west. the dangers, outlined in yellow, are not running into the camps on accident or pissing off the bigger spiders.

i hung around the Rathe zone too, it got some traffic from higher levels who occasionally would throw me buffs which helped. didn't care much for this area, you can snag some higher level lizards here and there but there's a Dark Assassin mob, level 50 whose route i don't know but someone was nice enough to warn me and i nearly ran into him on my way out of the area.

as far as inno goes that place outside of guk is fantastic. you can guaranteed handle the guards at level 6. they spawn every 7 and a half minutes or so, getting them timed to spawn apart is useful because you can pop out and grab some of the nearby frogloks on the island to the left of the 'cave' the entrance sits on and still have enough hp to tank and mana to use spells. the "DoT" place on the map is a merchant who sells your lvl5 and lvl9 dot spells, i dunno how mana efficient Sicken is but i've been using it because it counteracts natural regen and it's useful for softening up mobs when you have more than one wailing on you. that same merchant is also nice because you don't have to go all the way back into town to offload your junk and you'll probably be getting quite a few weapons fighting frogloks. being by guk is useful too because you can usually get a buff or two. anything is nice but i found AC and mana regen were probably the most useful. mana above all else, it's kind of surprising the blatantly stupid shit you can get away with when resources are no object. i added a caution circle her just to reiterate that good-aligned mob to the right of the guk cave, that guy can be easy to overlook and is on the path to the in-zone merchant so always always always check for that guy.

i'm planning to stick around until i hit level 9 and get sow, after that Norrath kind of becomes your oyster. i saw a post a few pages back mentioning Befallen so i might give that a go. i like the grouping aspect of this game it's more fun than any other MMO but sometimes finding a group or getting into one can be impossible so it's nice to know OT is there if this doesn't pan out.

BlkCamel
05-12-2015, 07:07 AM
my observations so far leveling a ogre shaman to 7 YMMV

http://i.imgur.com/kzlC4FH.jpg

i didn't care much for going up and down the road to inno. it seemed like there were either never any enemies, or so many enemies i'd get swarmed and have to run back to the guards. instead i found this nice little pocket in the upper right corner of the map. skeletons, broodlings, occasionally some bats. spiderlings are also plentiful but they help their own kind so you have to be careful of the bigger spiders which will destroy you. unlike the roads the land is a little flatter and there aren't quite as many trees so it's easier to keep an eye on the area around you. it's also nice because if you hang near the walls and aren't familiar with the zone it's easy to get to guards, just follow the wall west. the dangers, outlined in yellow, are not running into the camps on accident or pissing off the bigger spiders.

i hung around the Rathe zone too, it got some traffic from higher levels who occasionally would throw me buffs which helped. didn't care much for this area, you can snag some higher level lizards here and there but there's a Dark Assassin mob, level 50 whose route i don't know but someone was nice enough to warn me and i nearly ran into him on my way out of the area.

as far as inno goes that place outside of guk is fantastic. you can guaranteed handle the guards at level 6. they spawn every 7 and a half minutes or so, getting them timed to spawn apart is useful because you can pop out and grab some of the nearby frogloks on the island to the left of the 'cave' the entrance sits on and still have enough hp to tank and mana to use spells. the "DoT" place on the map is a merchant who sells your lvl5 and lvl9 dot spells, i dunno how mana efficient Sicken is but i've been using it because it counteracts natural regen and it's useful for softening up mobs when you have more than one wailing on you. that same merchant is also nice because you don't have to go all the way back into town to offload your junk and you'll probably be getting quite a few weapons fighting frogloks. being by guk is useful too because you can usually get a buff or two. anything is nice but i found AC and mana regen were probably the most useful. mana above all else, it's kind of surprising the blatantly stupid shit you can get away with when resources are no object. i added a caution circle her just to reiterate that good-aligned mob to the right of the guk cave, that guy can be easy to overlook and is on the path to the in-zone merchant so always always always check for that guy.

i'm planning to stick around until i hit level 9 and get sow, after that Norrath kind of becomes your oyster. i saw a post a few pages back mentioning Befallen so i might give that a go. i like the grouping aspect of this game it's more fun than any other MMO but sometimes finding a group or getting into one can be impossible so it's nice to know OT is there if this doesn't pan out.

If I could edit my original post (please fix devs/mods), I would add soo much of this. Thank you for the contribution and please feel free to add to this post with follow-ups. I get a-lot of feedback from this post and I know the readers would appreciate it.:D

Nirgon
05-12-2015, 08:24 AM
None. Zero. Possibly a negative number.

ogre can do it with less gear

we'll see though, won't we

Lopretni
05-12-2015, 11:57 AM
If I could edit my original post (please fix devs/mods), I would add soo much of this. Thank you for the contribution and please feel free to add to this post with follow-ups. I get a-lot of feedback from this post and I know the readers would appreciate it.:D

there's a copy of this on the wiki, edit that. maybe make a new thread and have the OP link to it. then people could edit with their own submissions. maybe make a hardcopy that's just your notes and then make a public edit version anyone can do whatever with provided they don't vandalize. maybe you could petition a forum mod to edit the OP for you in this regard once you have the links sorted out.

i've been zooming through level 8 thanks to med, i'll probably post more of my journey through shamanhood once i find somewhere to settle after i hit level 9 and get my juicy sow+second dot. my highest level is a lvl 14 druid so i'm just a newbie despite playing on this server on and off for like 4 years lmao (altaholicism is a bitch, especially when the classes are so unique) but i assume it might be helpful given sometimes these guides are written for newbies from the perspective of an experienced player so things can get lost in translation or people find themselves trying to take challenges that just make leveling unpleasant or inefficient due to inexperience. that's not shade or anything, i'm sure wandering the swamp gives great exp if you know what the hell you're doing but i just don't have that luxury.

Noren
05-21-2015, 06:21 PM
Lvl 16 atm, following your guide.

some advices :
- Create your Char, pop in Oggok, ask a high lvl player who is killing Oggok guards (there is always someone doing that) to let you loot a shield and a weapon that you can use.
Ask him if you can loot an extra weapon / shield to sell for your spells.

- User inner fire to heal.

- I killed snakes in SRO lvl 8 to 9. Lots of blue.

Will update as I lvl up.

Lvl 20 now.

So I did Kurns Tower up to lvl 19, it was fast and had no problem finding blue mobs.

Start to slow at 19 but if you go outside the tower in Field of bone there is plenty of blue mobs. I hit lvl 20 there.

I'm now in Oasis, deepwater croc are good exp and easy to kill.

reppa
05-25-2015, 07:44 PM
requesting more level 30-45 solo areas pls.

Loads of goods spots but I keep having a memory laps. :( halp!

blondeattk
05-26-2015, 01:17 AM
`more level 30-45 solo areas pls.`

Uguk, between anc croc and the Lguk zoneline, the one above water that is. (May need help on breaking up the grp of 3 spawn.)

HHK floor 3 and up doing guards....goes green about 40.

alternative....35+ make friends with a 40+ necro and go duo in the spectre cave

alt...35+ duo with ikky monk at minos zoneline in lower guk, this goes smoothly with grp of 3.

35+ duo gnomes in sola with ikky monk...or another fd class.

40+ kaesora entrance, get a map or a guide!

40+ duo guards in felwithe with a necro or any fear class....bard/sk

44+ spectres...solo.. (get crack)

45+ wfp guards....mostly for plat

Tann
05-26-2015, 02:33 PM
requesting more level 30-45 solo areas pls.

Loads of goods spots but I keep having a memory laps. :( halp!

34-40+ mines of nurga (pras Swish for the idea)

Exit tunnel has 5 single goblin spawns and 1 dual spawn. Most are casters, but that is not an issue since the narrow tunnel with lots of corners let's you root rot and get out of LoS. *healer mobs will not heal if they don't have LoS on you*

Send in pet to eat dots/dd/ht, then something like malo - disease - poison - root (since you'll have threat after dots and can position mob) - move around corner and call off pet. Until 39 you'll need 2 poison dots.

Nice xp, OK drops (salts) and +chardok faction for those nice velious quests. I at most saw 4-5 ppl ever in the zone when I did 34-40.

Tann
05-26-2015, 06:09 PM
Edit function disabled???

Anyway here is a map, I was also going to add this could work for a necro as well either root rotting or fear kiting as there is enough room for it. The map is missing a few hall ways though, much more room between spawns.

http://i.imgur.com/hNj5NBd.jpg

SewingMachine
05-26-2015, 07:03 PM
Hi, first off I just want to give a shout out to BlkCamel for making an awesome guide. When i do play EQ its usually for about 1hour or so at a time, So I was going to make a Shaman Ogre and work on your guild because its so awesome. My Main question is How long do you think it would take to get to lets say 40's or so with your guide? I have about 900pp or so to get this guy rolling. If i spent like 10hours a week playing you think i can get to 40's in about a couple of months? Or is Shaman leveling slow ?

I have only played a Druid on live, and on P99 I made a necro but i dont like him at all so i just farmed some PP to give to a new char.

Zuut
05-26-2015, 09:09 PM
Hi, first off I just want to give a shout out to BlkCamel for making an awesome guide. When i do play EQ its usually for about 1hour or so at a time, So I was going to make a Shaman Ogre and work on your guild because its so awesome. My Main question is How long do you think it would take to get to lets say 40's or so with your guide? I have about 900pp or so to get this guy rolling. If i spent like 10hours a week playing you think i can get to 40's in about a couple of months? Or is Shaman leveling slow ?

I have only played a Druid on live, and on P99 I made a necro but i dont like him at all so i just farmed some PP to give to a new char.

Limited play time a lot of times means you won't be grouping, unfortunately (I'm usually in the same boat). Untwinked shaman solo is semi-brutal till ~34. After that it's much easier. Can't say if you'd be 40 or not in that time frame. I personally don't feel that I could do it that fast in just short spurts of play time, but your mileage might vary. Was able to do it on an enchanter, but my shaman took much longer.

DrKvothe
05-30-2015, 08:04 AM

You should honestly try leveling on red. Bonus exp and global ooc makes finding a duo/trio much, much easier. Experience will just fly.

SewingMachine
05-30-2015, 01:13 PM
You should honestly try leveling on red. Bonus exp and global ooc makes finding a duo/trio much, much easier. Experience will just fly.

You know thats not 1/2 bad i am going to just start fresh and see how red is.
and follow this ;guide

Orruar
05-30-2015, 11:23 PM

do an /ooc level 5 looking for a duo partner in fob

and then watch the 20 fungi twinks show up to gank you

Widan
06-02-2015, 06:44 AM
No one has a fungi twink in FoB dummy

Deckk
06-04-2015, 01:30 PM
Are there any guards for a barbarian shaman to kill? Troll? Ogre? Dark Elf?

I'm thinking of seriously giving a shaman a run to fund my warrior (and have fun with in the process). Troll is appealing, but then I realize that even with this outstanding guide that there isn't really anywhere for me to actually vendor stuff, which blows. Plus more of an xp penalty.

I'm certainly not against rolling troll... the idea of killing guards in the tough levels is definitely one that makes a ton of sense and will help bankroll both the shammy and the warrior. Are evil guards killable for the shaman?

Jimjam
06-04-2015, 02:17 PM
On live I used to see people in neriak killing guard between foreign quarter and the ogre/troll slum.

I used to kill ogres in Feerrott.

Man0warr
06-04-2015, 02:49 PM
Yeah there's a ton of guards to kill near the bridge before the bank in Neriak.

Deckk
06-05-2015, 07:58 AM
Sweet. Only about 25-28 more levels before I can go guard hunting :)

curtischoy
06-11-2015, 03:11 PM
Are there any guards for a barbarian shaman to kill? Troll? Ogre? Dark Elf?

All of them, yes.

Ogre guards you should be able to take at 40.
Troll 45.
DE 51-52.

Oggok has 3 wanderers and 1 static that can be single pulled as well as 2 groups of 2.
Grobb has 8 easy single pulls and 2 groups of 2. I doubt you will ever need the 2 groups of 2. (DO NOT PULL NANRUM! He is lvl 45 undercon. about 28k hps, hits quickly for 93 with a VERY high hit %)
Neriak is a bitch and I gave up after about an hour at 52 on my ench.

Shodo
06-11-2015, 04:40 PM
You could also do DE guards in Nektulos around 20+ - they have a 5-6 level range. There are 4 spawns on the bridge toward EC, plus one roamer south of it. One of these will be much higher level, but the others should all be soloable by 24 or so - just can't pull the spawn next to the high level guy. There's also a guard next to the LS zoneline around the same level, plus golems that roam in that area.

Latege
06-21-2015, 11:23 AM
As a solo shaman is it possible to get down to the bear pits on my own?

Man0warr
06-21-2015, 11:29 AM
Sometimes none of the giants in the way spawn as see invis and you can invis down.

Morticon
06-21-2015, 11:32 AM
As a solo shaman is it possible to get down to the bear pits on my own?

Most definitely. I've done it countless times. If any see-invis giant aggros, just root it, re-invis, and camp out the aggro once you're down in the pits.

Destron
06-22-2015, 10:30 AM
As far as the Bear Pits goes. They are in the Vox lair and then there are some traps/pits that you need to jump/fall into and the bears don't see invis? Or are they on the North side of the Vox lair?

I tried to find them but I didn't see anything on the map. I made my way into the Vox lair and aggroed a terror type thing and an IG and rooted both and decided to do more research before venturing into the pits again.

Anyone have any decent screens of said pits or how to get there?

Morticon
06-22-2015, 12:06 PM
Anyone have any decent screens of said pits or how to get there?

Check out this post for more info -- http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1537058&postcount=7

Donruss
06-22-2015, 05:17 PM
You were close. By the tentical terror things there is a trap that I use to fall down into the bear pit. It is in a corner across from the tt's

Destron
06-22-2015, 11:02 PM
Perfect! Thank you.

BlkCamel
06-24-2015, 03:06 AM
Perfect! Thank you.

Always make sure you camp after falling into pit, it can take awhile for mobs to path minutes even. You may think you are safe but you may not be.

Also I recommend binding by the rocks in the bottom of the pit by the 3 bear spawns where the injured polar bear spawns. This will keep you free from roaming agro, and yes if you are hunting in the bear pits you have to bind there, expect to die and get no res (exp is good enough to offset your learning pains, don't leave until you reached 60/leveling goals).:D

Destron
06-25-2015, 01:40 PM
Just hit 55, you think 56 is a safe time to head to the pits?

BlkCamel
06-25-2015, 02:14 PM
Just hit 55, you think 56 is a safe time to head to the pits?

Yes do not go into pits without the level 56 root. Would recommend either upstairs CoM or Halas guards for 55.

Deckk
06-28-2015, 11:46 AM
I'm still having character issues...

Would this guide work for an iksar? I worry because of vendors...

Shodo
06-28-2015, 11:59 AM
I'm still having character issues...

Would this guide work for an iksar? I worry because of vendors...

It definitely would. 1-22 would actually be easier for you (since you're already in FoB), and the vendors he's talking about in South Karana & North Karana will sell to *anyone*, even iksars. Probably the biggest difference you would notice is traveling back home to get spells - longer walk/needs an evac instead of a simple port to feerott. But that's a pretty small part of leveling if you're buying 2 or 3 sets of spells at a time.

Deckk
06-28-2015, 12:08 PM
I'm undecided on troll or iksar... Rolled a barb and although solid I was bored with the good race (all my chars are good it feels like). Ogre just doesn't appeal to me all that much. But that p99 fave frontal stun immunity is definitely something to consider.

Tann
06-29-2015, 08:40 PM
vendors he's talking about in South Karana & North Karana will sell to *anyone*, even iksars.

Thankfully you can get all of your spells in Cabilis, whereas other races need to hit up the Oasis and Karanas.

I'm undecided on troll or iksar... Rolled a barb and although solid I was bored with the good race (all my chars are good it feels like). Ogre just doesn't appeal to me all that much. But that p99 fave frontal stun immunity is definitely something to consider.

What I did on my shaman solo:
1-18 Field of Bone (I hate kurns so stayed in the pit).
18-29 Lake of Ill Omen, started between 6/7 on the map, then moved towards windmill.
29-33 Swamp of No Hope, Iksar Exiles by TT zone (bring batwings).
33-34 Frontier Mountains, giant fort.
34-40 Mines of Nurga, exit tunnel goblins (could probably push further into 40's).

Iksars never have to go too far from home for exp.

SamwiseRed
06-29-2015, 09:47 PM
the most simple iksar leveling guide
FoB > Kurns > WW (giants) > FM (giants) > DL (yetis)

mostly outdoor camps with a ton of mobs. yetis are really cool since they are on a 6 min timer.

Chief Keef
07-01-2015, 09:37 PM
What would be an ideal old world location for 47-50ish? After 47 the guide jumps to CoM, but i'm curious about staying in classic. Thanks.

Blazingtide
07-01-2015, 11:44 PM
Any sense of how camped bear pits are these days? i'm currently 56 and just bought torpor so i want to get to 60 asap. I'd like to give these a shot but if they're over camped i'll keep playing in HS.

BlkCamel
07-07-2015, 11:08 PM
What would be an ideal old world location for 47-50ish? After 47 the guide jumps to CoM, but i'm curious about staying in classic. Thanks.

If you have epic(or not if you have patience and ingenuity) and want to do old world there are several options.

First is simple, Frenzy camp in Lguk. 27 minute timer (28mins but always reduce timer by 1 minute to allow for human error), can pull towards sentinal after clearing spawns.

Second is more complicated (Must have Epic, Pre-50 expect learning pains);

King camp in Lguk. Same timer as above. Bind behind portal to zone out (use shrink and hug the wall), that way you can zone out and just gate back should something go wrong (or corpse a Froglok Crown if needed).

Use invis and wait for the roaming froglok to reach the entrance to the zone out area, he will stop and get buffed. Pull him with slow while hugging/hiding behind the corner near zone out, root him when he gets to you.

When he comes you will pull King/PH and maybe a guard depending on its level compared to yours. Root any adds. Back up and Epic dot each mob. Root/rot them down refreshing root liberally. This gets easier the higher level you are.

Third is Spiders/bats in sol b. These hit hard have slow ready and malosinia. Get a pet out and use epic/dots and jbb if you have it.

Otherwise there are guards you can do around the world including Freeport/BBM Guards and Dock folk/Spectre's/Lord in Lguk/ HHK Guards/NPC's

BlkCamel
07-07-2015, 11:15 PM
Any sense of how camped bear pits are these days? i'm currently 56 and just bought torpor so i want to get to 60 asap. I'd like to give these a shot but if they're over camped i'll keep playing in HS.

Gm's previously told me when I was leveling here (Fall of 2013) top of pits and bottom of pits are 2 different camps. This may have changed but allows you more freedom to claim the bottom pits(which is what a shaman wants) even if a druid or someone is there. Pits are always popular though, but what I found was many people only stayed for short periods of time and if you were patient could get camp fairly easily. Eventually you start to know who the current players are and work out a system.

brewtulus
07-10-2015, 01:18 PM
I've been doing Treants at lvl 30 for a bit now on Red. Any tips on an easy way to store all that gold? Is there a nearby vendor that sells peridots, or an easier way to bank it into plat than grobb. I'm a troll Shaman.

BlkCamel
07-10-2015, 03:02 PM
I've been doing Treants at lvl 30 for a bit now on Red. Any tips on an easy way to store all that gold? Is there a nearby vendor that sells peridots, or an easier way to bank it into plat than grobb. I'm a troll Shaman.

The centaur huts going towards the NK bridge from treants are not kos and there is a merchant. Bind at or near him for easy gating or just there. If merchant doesn't have gems use the ones you get from treants, after you have converted the gold buy your gems back to use a light weight store of value.:D

brewtulus
07-11-2015, 02:29 PM
The centaur huts going towards the NK bridge from treants are not kos and there is a merchant. Bind at or near him for easy gating or just there. If merchant doesn't have gems use the ones you get from treants, after you have converted the gold buy your gems back to use a light weight store of value.:D

Thanks for the tip brother!

I would like to add that Treants are not an easy fight if you don't have banded or hp rings like me. With that said, I have been battling them the past few days at 30. Pull with Malo, root, dot.... Then run out of range until dots run out. go back in around 60-70% and bomb 'em down with frost strike.

Also, make sure to keep inner fire as your top buff because he will dispel your SoW, Regen,or any other buffs while pulling.

I also like to keep cancel magic in my spell arsenal for when he dots me up. saves a lot of HP and med time!

hope this helps people who have ZERO gear like myself.

webrunner5
07-12-2015, 01:52 PM
Treants can hand your ass to you. They are a Big undercon for sure. :eek:

Auchae
07-14-2015, 08:41 AM
Whats the spawn time on those pair of treants?

Golai
07-20-2015, 03:05 PM
I'd say about 8 mins, but can't fully remember.

Anyone have any recommendations for 39-40+?

icedwards
07-20-2015, 03:33 PM
Anyone have a guide or video on how to get up to 2nd level of CoM without going through the castle? It's getting embarassing humping the banner at the temple with no results.

Man0warr
07-20-2015, 03:57 PM
The only other way is fighting through a bunch of mobs, and I think you need a rogue to get you through the first door.

Swish
07-20-2015, 04:45 PM
Anyone have a guide or video on how to get up to 2nd level of CoM without going through the castle? It's getting embarassing humping the banner at the temple with no results.

Is it doable on trolls/ogres? I thought they weren't able to get up there on the banner.

Ithinos
07-20-2015, 09:18 PM
You can get up there using a shrink pot as ogre/troll. No lev

Auchae
07-25-2015, 11:48 AM
Just hit 26 doing Aviaks at KFC after doing 5-24 in Guk. Got kinda unlucky with a basically full spawn of Avocets down at the bottom (hehe) so I checked on the guide and says the Centaurs at the fort for this level. Ran over, checked it out for a minute, camped, and planned to break into it tomorrow. Got a few questions though.. Centaurs have no faction, but are they social? Can each of the forts be 1-2 mob pulls or do all 3 come at once ?

BlkCamel
07-26-2015, 03:28 AM
Just hit 26 doing Aviaks at KFC after doing 5-24 in Guk. Got kinda unlucky with a basically full spawn of Avocets down at the bottom (hehe) so I checked on the guide and says the Centaurs at the fort for this level. Ran over, checked it out for a minute, camped, and planned to break into it tomorrow. Got a few questions though.. Centaurs have no faction, but are they social? Can each of the forts be 1-2 mob pulls or do all 3 come at once ?

They are social, what I did was kill the roaming ones. Some of the ones in the huts are far enough away not to agro, also sometimes there are people killing higher level ones and you can go in and grab the lowbies.

Cillaz
07-27-2015, 03:56 PM
At 25 I could kill the foals (green but xp) archers and shelites (blues). The most you'll get if you pull the rooms is 2, but I wouldn't pull a room if it had a courser or charger in it as they are higher and I didn't want to risk them aggroing. There's one by the fire that comes solo, and a couple that path in and out of the camp that are solo. It's not a bad place, and if there's too many higher lev centaurs there's plenty of elephants/bull elephants and aviaks that wander just by the camp.
I am wearing banded with 4/45hp rings and a PWC so it doesn't require lots of gear. Main problem I had was that the shelites and archers fire arrows, so you can't root/rot. But if you root and dot then go out of sight (even behind a small tree) then they won't shoot you and you can med in peace!

Auchae
07-28-2015, 04:11 AM
Sounds about how I am geared. I'm 29 almost 30 now doing the Treants. The best thing to do with them, for me anyway, is to pull with dispel and melee. I dispel until I get the thorns off in between bashes and 1 envenomed breath. They drop fast but rarely fast enough at this level to clear both before the first respawns. At first I was pulling with malo but they aren't very resistant honestly. The highest spawn (hits for 56) is the only one that occasionally resists the first poison dot I cast.

Zaral
07-28-2015, 12:33 PM
Would it not be quicker/easier to just try to blast a few nukes on the treants?

They are casters and have 500-600 HP I believe, so a couple nukes + PWC smashes should do the trick.

Anxious to try them out, always wanted to camp them but never played an evil character...

Until now, and thanks to this guide (thanks BlkCamel) - oggah sham is now 24 and well on his way!

Ithinos
07-28-2015, 01:06 PM
Would it not be quicker/easier to just try to blast a few nukes on the treants?

They are casters and have 500-600 HP I believe, so a couple nukes + PWC smashes should do the trick.

Anxious to try them out, always wanted to camp them but never played an evil character...

Until now, and thanks to this guide (thanks BlkCamel) - oggah sham is now 24 and well on his way!

Yeah I found it much easier to nuke em down otherwise they'll tear you apart if you try and melee them down.

brewtulus
07-28-2015, 03:09 PM

For red players: Maybe I am doing something wrong, but I tried this gem selling method and it doesn't work. For some reason this merchant does not save your sold items like most merchants in Norrath. It seems to have a very particular set of items it is willing to get rid of. your best bet is to get a port at the nearby NK spires to closest evil bank.

Sizar
07-28-2015, 07:47 PM
As great and useful as this guide is, so far as a 32 Shaman I've found FAR better xp soloing old world dungeons like Unrest / UpperGuk and soon Lguk. The cash may not quite be as good as at the treants or something, but the xp is far, far better.

Froakula
07-28-2015, 08:04 PM
For red players: Maybe I am doing something wrong, but I tried this gem selling method and it doesn't work. For some reason this merchant does not save your sold items like most merchants in Norrath. It seems to have a very particular set of items it is willing to get rid of. your best bet is to get a port at the nearby NK spires to closest evil bank.

This is due to newbs dumping crap on vendors till their inventory fills up.

Auchae
07-29-2015, 05:35 AM
Yeah I found it much easier to nuke em down otherwise they'll tear you apart if you try and melee them down.

It's quicker and easier, but on red there's enough traffic of similarly leveled people in SK that I try to be as conservative with my mana as possible while keeping at least 13 buffs up in the correct order. I Just have to be more wary, it IS a cash camp.

brewtulus
07-29-2015, 02:56 PM
As great and useful as this guide is, so far as a 32 Shaman I've found FAR better xp soloing old world dungeons like Unrest / UpperGuk and soon Lguk. The cash may not quite be as good as at the treants or something, but the xp is far, far better.

any suggested solo camps for 34+ evil sham in Upper/lower guk? Love the zone but I have never soloed it before.
Thanks!