PDA

View Full Version : Quest Issue: Soulfire final turn in

superc0654
11-01-2013, 01:07 AM
I posted a petition write up for this, but I feel that it may need to be looked into as a possible quest bug.

Upon handing in my sealed letter to Brother Hayle, after I had collected all the quest pieces, I received the note which I opened and verified that it was the same note that I found on this guide here.

http://www.bonzz.com/soulfire.htm

Following this guide as well as a couple others, I did reference Wiki and Allakhazam. But I found some older guides that seemed to be more detailed as this was the first time I had actually attempted this quest. I was almost certain that my faction was adequate with Brother Hayle, granted it my downfall was that it was not max Ally, but I had done quite a bit of previous Priests of Life faction work before heading down to him. Including, Bandit Sashes, bone chips, rabid pelts, Moonstones, bone chips, and GPs to Lashun or w/e his name is in Qeynos.

I think that the issue currently is that the faction requirements, at least on Red, may be set higher than what was originally intended in Classic.

Long story short, I turned in the sealed letter to Brother Hayle, receieved the note back from him that read exactly as the guide states, and I assumed that at this point my faction was sufficient, however it was not maxed Ally, which I should have just went ahead and done but oh well.

If a dev. could possibly take a look at this as well as my more extensive explanation of what exactly occured, I have it posted in the petition forum as well.

nilbog
11-01-2013, 11:30 AM
Final turn in requires warmly.

The first note you give him, he accepts at less than warmly, and serves as a warning to have great faction when you bring all the proof of nobility.

Finally!! I see that Ariska has found a noble knight to retrieve Soulfire. Per Ariska's orders I am not to give Soulfire to you until you can show me [proof of nobility]. You must honor both the Temple of Life as well as the Hall of Truth and to a high degree. Only then shall you hold Soulfire.

superc0654
11-01-2013, 09:38 PM
So i'm thinking that there may be a bug, and that it involves Brother Hayle giving you the note that tells you that your faction is sufficient, and if it is not sufficient you are still getting the positive note returned. Anyone have this happen before?

nilbog
11-03-2013, 05:57 PM
Looking at the script right now.

He takes the sealed note at less than warmly.
http://zam.zamimg.com/images/0/8/08e6320a780d171ad78e03a2b2edc6dc.png
This note identifies as Zimel's Letter from Hayle.

He returns to you 'A Note'.
http://zam.zamimg.com/images/9/b/9ba4316f5d64b6e747730dcc5704bd77.png
This one identifies as 'Returned Letter from Hayle'.

Turning in the Returned Letter from Hayle, and the other components at warmly faction results in Soulfire. I don't see anything wrong here.

superc0654
11-03-2013, 06:01 PM
Alrighty, I understand now, I was thinking that there was two different letters that you could receive upon turning in Sealed letter. Thanks! and thats my bad for not getting up the faction high enough i guess lol