PDA

View Full Version : 12+ hour xp grind in Sebilis and a GM shows up.....

carli
10-31-2013, 12:40 AM
We were tired and sleepy and Derubael shows up to liven up the party. Totally rejuvenated us to keep going all night in disco. Got some of the best loot that can drop at that camp too: Ebon Mace, Summon Arrow bracer, a Frog robe or two and some decent spells!

http://i.imgur.com/Mmdcdhy.png

This was the most fun I've had in an xp group in a long time. Love my friends in this game and Derubael is 1 cool mofo!

Derubael
10-31-2013, 12:41 AM
SS clearly photoshopped, you can see the crop job on my name.

I deny all involvement, and cannot confirm or deny the presence of a disco jello cube at this group.

Derubael
10-31-2013, 12:57 AM
dat tiny iksar sure is cute tho lyaa :) whoever did this has good taste.

carli
10-31-2013, 01:01 AM
DAT CURLY TAIL!! Iksars are growing on me...

I was cracking up at Uncus the treasure chest rogue though. Fuck that was funny. And I still think that Qtpi shroom would give us one helluva high........ bahahahahaha

Wotsirb401
10-31-2013, 09:10 AM
Cheers to Veela, she is awesome and enjoys great music !

SamwiseRed
10-31-2013, 01:53 PM
12 hours straight? Wtf is wrong with u

freez
10-31-2013, 03:03 PM
12 hours in disco

HEHEHE

pity

Derubael
10-31-2013, 03:37 PM
not sure if anyone realizes that treasure chest is actually a rogue named uncus.

was pretty funny watching him chase mobs.

khanable
11-21-2013, 12:54 PM
I'm disappointed you allowed someone else to be a unicorn.

:(

Itap
11-21-2013, 01:02 PM
+1 for Derub being a pal

BillyCranston
11-21-2013, 04:39 PM
Everlast definitely a fantasy appropriate and classic surname.

Oh and Argh Matey. Definitely both shining examples of the naming policy this server... enforces?

Swish
11-21-2013, 06:23 PM
Everlast definitely a fantasy appropriate and classic surname.

Oh and Argh Matey. Definitely both shining examples of the naming policy this server... enforces?

http://www.reactionface.info/sites/default/files/images/1310566609761.jpg

Clark
11-22-2013, 12:10 AM
Cool screenshot :)

SS clearly photoshopped, you can see the crop job on my name.

I deny all involvement, and cannot confirm or deny the presence of a disco jello cube at this group.

LOL

Argh
11-26-2013, 07:41 PM
http://www.reactionface.info/sites/default/files/images/1310566609761.jpg

I lol'd

odiecat99
11-26-2013, 08:48 PM
A-team good folks btw

Morlaeth
11-27-2013, 12:09 PM
I'm disappointed you allowed someone else to be a unicorn.

:(

Rusl and Franswa were waaaaay before you bro.

mtb tripper
11-29-2013, 09:03 PM
woo woo

Awwalike
12-16-2013, 03:07 PM
itap nice avatar

klant
12-16-2013, 03:51 PM
12+ hours of pve.. log off, and then pve all day the next day. sounds fun

carli
12-16-2013, 04:40 PM
totally brah. I got a char on red too but shes naked so fuck that shit.

Pheer
12-16-2013, 05:15 PM
12+ hours of pve.. log off, and then pve all day the next day. sounds fun

As opposed to 1 hour of pve, 5 seconds of pvp (getting killed by some nerd's twink alt), 1 hour of corpse retrieval, 30 minutes of pve, 5 seconds of pvp....

Splorf22
12-17-2013, 12:00 AM
Red is like one giant collective bruised ego. The competition there is unbelievably fierce, and it just drives them nuts that no one cares. Like, literally no one. Out of the 7 billion people on the planet, maybe 50,000 care about classic Everquest, and out of those 50,000, maybe 200 care about P1999 red. I think this constant conflict between the huge amount of time they put into the box and the total lack of interest anyone else demonstrates is an open sore on their egos. This frustration is why they grief each other so much, and its why they emit a constant stream of posts desperately pleading for someone, anyone, to come to Red . . . so they can grief them. The whole business is just silly.

Tecmos Deception
12-17-2013, 12:18 PM
99% of the top guild on red are people from guilds like Taken on blue. People who could not do what it takes on blue to get mobs so they have to resort to red where there is no variance and a guild of 100 every week down everymob in 3 hours. No PvP ever happens due to them out numbering the competition 4to1 due to the weak minded people who join them on day 1.

Once the GM's (Nilbog) finally realizes that variance will increase the PvP by double and turn it on. This server will thrive.

Nope. It's what Splorf said.

nilbog
12-17-2013, 02:45 PM
Once the GM's (Nilbog) finally realizes that variance will increase the PvP by double and turn it on. This server will thrive.

Me? I have said in the past I would like to experiment with what works the best. The problem I have with variance on the pvp server are the effects I have seen it have on the pve server. I do not think it will lead to more guilds getting raid targets; Nihilum will do the same thing throughout the week instead of on a single day. If the rest of the server can't gather together at a known time... how could they in a short amount of time? I have to wonder if people are suggesting it to time-grief Nihilum into needing to log more hours for the same result.

With that said:

I already put in the bit of code last patch that makes it possible to enable variance on R99. I think it would be interesting to see how it plays out. Not that it would stop the resident forum warriors from picking a new topic to talk about incessantly.

I'm down with experimentation. This change will allow us to dynamically turn it on and off. For rule changes, I need agreement from the the rest of the staff that actually deals with the pvp players. So, I'll talk with them and see what they think. But, if that [variance] doesn't yield the results players think it will, I surmise a new "all we need to double pop fix" will become the flavor of the week.

In my opinion, the best 'raid fix', for both servers, is simulated patch day respawns. I want this a lot and we are trying to knock out other issues to get it done.

Tecmos Deception
12-17-2013, 03:40 PM
How this awesome screenshot thread got turned into the discussion it did.... (insert imagination here)

You don't need imagination. Numerous red players are fucking sociopath retard motherfuckers whose lives are hollow and meaningless unless they get to make fun of blue players enjoying themselves on blue. This thread made it only a few posts before they showed up and started trolling.