PDA

View Full Version : What can a faded page become?

JayMcNugget
10-29-2013, 04:02 PM
If I combine a faded salil's writ page and the combine does not fail, what are all the possible outcomes? Just 64 left and 90 right, or can it become any salil's writ page?

jcmtg
10-29-2013, 06:37 PM
just the faded pages on the Research page on the wiki.

Vellaen
10-29-2013, 06:37 PM
All the faded pages are named the same, but they are actually unique items that become a specific page when combined by themselves in the research book. You can tell because only certain faded pages will stack. For example, not all faded Velishoul's Tome pages will stack: the ones that stack with each other will all become either pg. 16 or pg. 108, but in their faded form the ones that will become pg. 16 will not stack with the ones that will become pg. 108 and vice versa.

Unfortunately, there is no way to tell the faded pages apart until you do the combine.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
10-30-2013, 09:25 AM
Faded pages can be combined with Electric Stones and evolve into Electropage.

FYI

myxomatosii
11-07-2013, 03:00 PM
I thought you needed ink? I know I was pissed off when I "combined" 48 levels of faded pages that I paid for, collected, and otherwise got from my friends and not a single one yielded shit, despite my research being high for my level and my spell combines going well.

Someone said, "well did you use ink?", what?!?! Ink?!? There is ink?!?

FUCK. Is it the case?

I eventually stopped doing combines and just started archiving the pages, all 64 of my enchanter's bank slots is every type of enchanter page in the game. The ultimate enchanter research library... (slightly incomplete since he's only 48)

Vellaen
11-07-2013, 04:42 PM
No ink. You place the faded page by itself in the Tome of Endless Enchantments and combine.

The faded pages have trivials just like the spells do, however. You'll be able to successfully combine faded Velishoul's pages long before faded Salil's pages, for instance.

Malone88
11-07-2013, 04:45 PM
"Combining" Faded Pages is a great way to get Research skillups...

myxomatosii
11-07-2013, 04:48 PM
"Combining" Faded Pages is a great way to get Research skillups...

I do recall getting skillups, I just felt cheated because I had nothing to show for it. Anyways, I started saving em, figured they'd make some of the more rare pages so I'll just save it til I'm well past trivial using the junky easy pages that you see all the time. I prefer for my library to be rare and useful pages instead of the junk everyone sees.