PDA

View Full Version : Wizard humps

Nightblade
10-28-2013, 03:57 PM
Yes, I realize how that sounds, and no, that's not what I mean. Unless you want it to mean that, then yes, I mean it that way too.

No, folks, I'm talking about those bumps in the road or the hills one has to climb as a class to really be considered 'that class'. For instance, shamans; shamans really, really have to grind and suck it up until they get to 24, I believe, then they get regen and Canni, the obvious bread and butter of their solo life.

I've just recently joined the wizarding world and was wondering what others felt where the ups and downs of the leveling rollercoaster, tips and tricks that might make it seem easier, or definite skills to master on the way up the grind.

theguyy
10-28-2013, 05:17 PM
One odd thing I noticed is every time I play Wizard I wish I was a Mage and everytime I'm on Mage I wish I was a Wizard.......

Itap
10-28-2013, 05:30 PM
It's a slow process until you are able to quad (29 if you have decent mana).

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
10-28-2013, 05:50 PM
Yes, I realize how that sounds, and no, that's not what I mean. Unless you want it to mean that, then yes, I mean it that way too.

No, folks, I'm talking about those bumps in the road or the hills one has to climb as a class to really be considered 'that class'. For instance, shamans; shamans really, really have to grind and suck it up until they get to 24, I believe, then they get regen and Canni, the obvious bread and butter of their solo life.

I've just recently joined the wizarding world and was wondering what others felt where the ups and downs of the leveling rollercoaster, tips and tricks that might make it seem easier, or definite skills to master on the way up the grind.

Though I don't play a wizard I've heard 29 (with snare) being the first milestone with 34 being the level that cements it.

Any wizzies care to chime in.

Estu
10-28-2013, 05:54 PM
Once you get your snare, you can quad without SoW, so that's huge. Whenever you get JBoots is huge. So is the staff of temperate flux. Last big milestone is level 56 or so when you can start doing AoE groups; best experience in the game up to 60. Although you can duo with bards for huge EXP throughout your leveling career.

Nightblade
10-28-2013, 06:37 PM
Thanks for the responses.

Yeah, looking through and doing some research, appears that you're right. First one is really 29 when you get snare. I'm already working with a buddy of mine (and will continue to do so when the servers come back up /grumpy) to help get the Staff of Temp. Flux, so that will help immensely. Is the lowered resists from that staff clickie that much more noticable or is it merely a great pulling tool?

I've got a goodly amount of gear stowed away on Capt. Forehead, so I'm just trying to figure the best way to get him to self-sufficiency, intermingled with smatterings of groupings while I port-whore it up.

Jaxon
10-29-2013, 12:16 AM
The debuff really isn't worth it, but being able to instapull anything in range is awesome. It's also good for pulling aggro off your chanter or cleric if they're in trouble and need some breathing room, or for keeping aggro and tanking for lowbies. You'll use it all the way to 60 and beyond.

Mandalore93
10-29-2013, 02:45 AM
If you're twinking, sow potions and +mana items will probably let you quad a little bit earlier than intended.

Estu
10-29-2013, 07:54 AM
If you're twinking, sow potions and +mana items will probably let you quad a little bit earlier than intended.

To be fair, quadding is not an intended mechanic of the game :p