PDA

View Full Version : Spells: Bard Song

hybba
10-27-2013, 08:25 PM
Hello,

I'm not sure you are aware of this but bard song line type Vila's Chorus of Celerity should stack with McVaxius' Rousing Rondo. I mean not the haste part... should only take the highest haste one wich is Vilas one. But should take the atk, dmg shield, str from McVaxius.

As of now they dun't even seem to stack while im casting both. I'm pretty sure they use to stack on live as always.
Hope to get some news about it, if change need to be made

Thanks in advance,
Freezz

Thulack
10-27-2013, 08:29 PM
You need to post proof of it stacking during classic types not just go by memory.

hybba
10-28-2013, 01:02 PM
http://www.afterlifeguild.org/Thott/haste_stacking.php

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
""Bard Haste Stacking
by Thott

Note: this is out of date now that the Luclin stacking haste songs are out, but there are still some useful history sections that explain why instruments don't boost haste/slows properly.

History
In early beta, bard haste stacked, and instruments worked with bard haste songs. The level 10 song Anthem de Arms was a stringed song, meaning its effects were boosted when using a lute. As described above, this mean that the doubled haste was extremely high. Its original haste value was higher than 10% I believe, but even at 10%, the resulting haste would be 110+110=220=120%, which is far faster than anyone expected.

The end result was a bard with a lute singing Anthem de Arms made the entire group an incredible killing machine. The more than double attack speed was impressive to behold, as I actually had occasion to experience it. Bards were rare, so it wasn't very common, but any group that had a bard would cut through mobs like butter. Healing was hardly an issue, as mobs simply didn't live long enough for it to matter.

This was, of course, fixed. The fix was first to lower the haste on Anthem de Arms (and all other bard songs), which of course didn't work, (10% haste doubled is 110+110=220=120% haste), so Anthem was changed to be singing only. No lute, no bug, no problem.

Sometime around this time a haste cap was put into the game. This worked as a general catch-all for any such haste bug. No matter what happened inside the haste calculation code, there was only so much haste a player could have, based on their level. This is the same haste cap we have today, patched up to extend past 50.

Later in beta, in phase 4, it was discovered that a bard singing Jonathan's Whistling Warsong and Anthem de Arms, which stacked then and still stacks now, would cause the same haste bug, for the very same reason. The fix was to make ALL hastes not stack in any way. Anyplace where the code would add two hastes together it instead takes the highest one and uses that. This solved the 20% or so haste from Jonthan's plus 10% from Anthem to be 20% instead of 120+110=230=130% haste (which simply hit the cap). ""
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At this point, I think it explain here that haste songs should stack but always take the highest haste on the stack. So McVaxius Rousing Rondo (level 57 song) should not be overwritten by Vilia's Chorus of Celerity (level 54) wich is a lower lvl song. The two icons should appear in the buffs slot and the stats from McVaxius (beside the haste of 21%) should stack with the haste from Vilia's Chorus of Celerity (45% haste).

thanks,
Freezz

hybba
10-28-2013, 01:05 PM
It appear that the yellow doesn't show well. Sorry about that, here it is again :

""
Later in beta, in phase 4, it was discovered that a bard singing Jonathan's Whistling Warsong and Anthem de Arms, which stacked then and still stacks now, would cause the same haste bug, for the very same reason. The fix was to make ALL hastes not stack in any way. Anyplace where the code would add two hastes together it instead takes the highest one and uses that. This solved the 20% or so haste from Jonthan's plus 10% from Anthem to be 20% instead of 120+110=230=130% haste (which simply hit the cap).
""

hybba
10-31-2013, 04:51 PM
I end up checking on Eqdiva an old bard site and it appear that those two songs
doesn't stack (was my mistake).

So the songs set up is good as it is.

thanks,
Freezz