PDA

View Full Version : New to Red

Rararboker
10-25-2013, 04:19 PM
Just started out recently as an ogre. Am I going to be doomed to solo like I have been so far on blue or are there hotspots for grouping at low lvls?

Genedin
10-25-2013, 04:32 PM
Seems like a lot of new players are starting and old players are rerolling, I would try hard to connect with people your level who play often as you should be able to level in tandem. Either that or you'll try to solo until lvl 20ish and quit.

dethbringre
10-25-2013, 04:45 PM
What class are you playing?

Rararboker
10-25-2013, 04:51 PM
Started an SK. Played a warrior back on live so I know how to play a tank in group scenarios. Just wanted some more variance to my gameplay this time around.

Kergan
10-25-2013, 04:56 PM
There are hot spots where you can find groups easier (CB, MM, Unrest), but those tend to be patrolled by pking supertwinks too.

If you want to make it here you basically need a premade group or be ok with soloing a decent amount. I'd spend some time making friends and by the time you're in your 30s if they are still around you'll have people to hit up for groups. I basically kept adding any decent player I grouped with to my friends list and if I see them around I go hang out, even if its not the most efficient experience. Hopefully the social behavior will pay off when I hit my 50s (about 40 now) and actually need groups!

Rhuobhe
10-25-2013, 05:00 PM
My cleric is 19. Look me up sometime

Rhuobhe

Rararboker
10-25-2013, 05:04 PM
I'm new to PVP on EQ, so I imagine I will have a short adjustment period. Didn't even think about twinks patrolling hotspots, heh.

Will do then. Looks like Feerrott is empty so maybe I will cruise towards another zone for now. Until then, I'll be looking for my corpse.

runlvlzero
10-25-2013, 05:06 PM
For starters head up into the swamp and S ro. There's a lot of traffic there. And you can get people to come group in oasis usually. At least every time I've tried I've managed it. Maybe some nights I had to solo there. But its a good deal. Until your 20+