PDA

View Full Version : -= New Old Guy Saying Hi =-

Gilcongain
10-25-2013, 04:01 PM
Hey Folks,

I'm a new "old" player. I started playing EQ back in 1999 shortly after I got fed up with Ultima Online. I played straight through until Omens of War and then took a break waiting for World of Warcraft. I had a max level Cleric I played named Gilcongain on Terris THule Server (I was in the raiding guild Scarlet Underground). I also had a wizard named Absimiliard that I played around with for a while but never maxed out.

A few times over the years I have re-installed EQ, logged on for a week or two, got frustrated and left. There is SOOOOO much stuff in the game since I played that everything was unfamiliar.

SO, after reading up on Project 1999 I decided to install and play. I started a high elf wizard (Absimiliard) and have gotten to level 6. I decided to wait a few levels before I post in case this was all just another phase. I'm actually really enjoying the old school approach.

Feel free to send me a message in game to say hi if you want!

Estu
10-25-2013, 04:37 PM
Welcome. This guide is a decent resource for someone just starting out: http://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Newbie

Happy hunting!