PDA

View Full Version : Where to obtain Velishoul's Tome 108/109

rixardion
10-23-2013, 05:38 PM
For those enchanters out there who have had these pages drop, I would like to know if you remember where you were.

I know all research components are supposed to be dropped by level appropriate mobs but I'm not totally sold on that fact. Since we have no way of actually checking the loot tables to ensure the components will ever drop from any particular mob, I've come here to ask your experiences in finding said pages. These two seem ridiculously rare compared to the rest of the pages I've encountered so far.

Edit: I realize that page 108 is actually faded when looted.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
10-23-2013, 08:51 PM
I've also had trouble with this and find that most of them drop from mobs that are this level. It seems like every time I'm looking for pages they drop in the next zone I would be travelling to level.

A more clear example would be that I found my level 24 page drops in Warsliks Woods giant fort when I needed it while Xp'ing in LOIO. I found my 29 words in Frontier Mountains when I was XP'ing in Warsliks Woods. They appear to be found more often on mobs that are closer to the spell level (while we typically fight things 3-4 levels below us for XP).

Hope that helps.

rixardion
10-23-2013, 09:07 PM
Yeah that makes sense, but given the rarity of these pages in particular, i'd still like it if anyone who remembers where they got them could chime in here.

rixardion
10-24-2013, 07:07 PM
Just giving this a bump. If anyone can remember that would be great! I'm having an extremely tough time finding these pages even going to appropriate level zones and trying WTB but with no luck so far.

Fregar
10-25-2013, 03:05 AM
Try looking at NPC merchants near xp zones.

Peoples usually sell this stuff to them.
They aren't allways available in the listing, but it's worth a try and can give a hint about where they dropped.

rixardion
10-25-2013, 01:05 PM
Yeah I spent all day yesterday going around to merchants with no luck =/

jcmtg
10-25-2013, 01:21 PM
sightings, per my log on R99:

Velishoul's Tome Pg. 109 - Unrest - festering hag
Velishoul's Tome Pg. 109 - Mistmoore -a jeering gargoyle

Velishoul's Tome Pg.75 dropped from Unrest - an undead knight of Unrest
Velishoul's Tome Pg.68 dropped from Unrest - a tentacle terror
Velishoul's Tome Pg.67 dropped from Unrest - a festering hag

Something'Witty
10-25-2013, 01:39 PM
I farm all of my pages from vendors. FV / OT are particularly good spots to check frequently.

rixardion
10-26-2013, 08:03 PM
Well apparently both pages drop in mistmoore. After about a week I was able to acquire both pages through purchasing in mm. 109 was from a ce group and 108(faded) was from gy group.

Morningbreath
10-27-2013, 09:08 AM
Researching Tepid Deeds was a bear. Thankfully it's a great spell but I failed once at with max research at level 27. Made me think twice about playing my mage. Velishoul's Page 9 was what held me up and Page 8 isn't very common either.

Then yesterday I found a copy of Color Shift on two different vendors...

JayMcNugget
10-28-2013, 03:33 PM
Dropped for me in Mistmoore Graveyard and CE camps. Lots of velishoul's tomb pages in mistmoore, and I think I've seen one or two salil's writ pages from mobs deep inside the mansion.