PDA

View Full Version : Gear advice please, 53+ Shammy

Intrinsic
10-23-2013, 07:12 AM
So yeah i'm into my 50s now and considering my 1st big purchase, but wondering what to buy. I thought maybe Ikky regen BP but seems the price has gone up like 7.5k in 2 months for some reason. In total i think i have like 23k atm, but got some loam legs and shoulders yesterday i'll try and sell which should give me at least another 8k.

Here is my current gear: PoSky neck items i have and should complete that next trip.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Intrinsic

My one fear is the Ikky regen BP could depreciate hard when Velious comes around and i end up loosing cash i can't really afford to loose ;p

Any insight(s) appreciated thank you.

Tecmos Deception
10-23-2013, 07:43 AM
Regen items are definitely the biggest bang for your buck as a shaman. I'm guessing you could get one for like 22k, and you'd be hard pressed to spend 22k in a more effective way. Why do you think its value might tank when Velious hits? There are a lot of players who can't afford 95k for a fungi, and the price on tunics is just going to keep going up and up over time now that king is only camped like 1/4 as often as it was before the invis change. There aren't really new, accessible regen items in Velious that would replace the breastplate.

Besides, even if the thing is only worth 10-15k several months from now, by the time you could afford to replace it with a fungi, that's pretty small change. Imo you're always better off buying a piece of gear that you are actually going to use and losing money on the investment over time than you are sitting on cash... and I really don't think there is much of anything you could spend 20-25k on that would give you NEARLY the improvement that +5hp/tick will.

Also, definitely hit your epic hard. You need to get that thing done for easy solo xp the rest of the way!

HallygukRZ
10-23-2013, 07:46 AM
Hey mate, coulda asked me ingame as well :)

I've learned, also thanks to numerious advice from the community, that AC is less important than on live so its HP>all. With that in mind, here you get the most bang for the buck:

1. Back: Hooded Black Cloak
2. Ear: Black Sapphire Electrum Earring x2 (Alternatively 1 Ivory Hoop)
3. Chest: Froglok Scale Chestplate
4. Face: Enshrouded Veil (bit expensive but worth it)
5. Arms: Dusty Rusted Vambraces (HS nodrop, easy to get)
6. Shoulder: Obolus Death Shroud or Obolus Mantle (nodrop in Seb Crypt)

Wait. I forgot. Get a JBB asap. If you plan on doing solo exp, a JBB will have the biggest impact.
Might snag one for 40k. It starts godly at 45 and is good until 55 where it starts to loose its effectiveness for soloing.

You can see my current profile here:
http://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Hallyguk

Cheers
Hally

Tecmos Deception
10-23-2013, 07:54 AM
Ahh, yeah. I didn't check out your armory, but hallyguk is right on about hp being awesome. I personally would still go after the regen bp first (especially if you do ANY solo/duo at all) and then look for an HBC and the BS earrings (you could go camp the cloak yourself).

Intrinsic
10-23-2013, 08:19 AM
Yeah Epic is in progress, Black Dire could be spawned when i was on earlier but no clerics were around to cover heals ;p so will hope to get that soon. Tear i hope to get this week.

I was actually favouring AC items for a while but i'll look into more HP based items.

papercolor
10-23-2013, 10:49 AM
Save your money for topor at 60. Seems like your active enough to group and get some good drops. Shamans are lucky, we shine with or without gear as long as you play smart.