PDA

View Full Version : Can't connect to server

joe426
10-23-2013, 12:34 AM
So this weird problem just started happening yesterday after months of having no problems...

I load up the EQ client and type in my username and password. Then it says loading please wait for few seconds and comes back with "A connection to the server could not be reached. Please check your internet connection to make sure you are online"....so I click OK and it seems like eventually I keep trying and it lets me in.

Then if im lucky enough to get to server select screen, ill select P99 and when i press Play Everquest, it waits a few seconds(the expansion list stops moving for a second, then starts moving again) and i get an error message "An unknown error has occured". Again, i keep trying and it will eventually let me through....

If im even luckier to get to character select screen, ill choose my character and press enter world. The screen freezes here and doesnt load anymore. If im lucky, sometimes after waiting 5 minutes it lets me in.

IF I get passed that and am in game, i have 2000ms+ ping and constantly dropping connection.

This problem ONLY happens with EQ. I can watch 1080p videos on Youtube and access all other websites perfectly fine.

Ive tried using my universities wireless and ethernet connection and both have same problems...

Any suggestions?

Lyra
10-23-2013, 06:06 PM
I'm not ignoring this thread, I just don't know the answer. It's not a blocked port, if eventually you do connect.

What day did you play last that it worked?

joe426
10-29-2013, 12:25 AM
this has happened again the last two nights...

it happens at a certain time. 9:30pm-1:00am EST. like i said before im on university internet connection so i cannot just restart a router. ive tried ipconfig /flushdns and that does nothing.

1 thing is true during this time. these are the peak hours for students using the university internet. but what i dont understand is why i can still surf the web at good speeds and have no problems elsewhere with my internet.

1 idea: maybe someone else at my university is playing P99 and some ip confliction is happening? ive tried the wireless and connected(ethernet) internet and i get 2 completely different ip addresses and still have this issue.

joe426
10-29-2013, 12:31 AM
Hmm another weird thing i notice is my ventrilo becomes very laggy during this time too

joe426
10-29-2013, 12:36 AM
i will be in game and notice my ping to go up to 700+ ms. i never disconnect but the game becomes unplayable and i must log out. and when i try to reconnect, the above problem happens

Lyra
10-29-2013, 04:56 PM
ip confliction is happening

When there is an Ip confliction, the server refuses connection to the second account logging in. So if you are connecting at all, that isn't the issue.

Still don't know how to help you.

Phinger
10-29-2013, 10:17 PM
I've been having this problem for months, and it is a major factor as to why I haven't been playing. I can connect to tons of other games and internet things just fine. Can't play EQ anymore for some stupid, unknown reason.

Would love to find a cure as well.

joe426
10-29-2013, 11:55 PM
I've been having this problem for months, and it is a major factor as to why I haven't been playing. I can connect to tons of other games and internet things just fine. Can't play EQ anymore for some stupid, unknown reason.

Would love to find a cure as well.

:( it is happening again at this same time. still no solutions

Broilah
10-30-2013, 08:57 AM
I am also having this issue. I just did a fresh install of Titanium, after playing on THF, and followed the guide. I, however, cannot get past the log-in screen. Any thoughts since it seems that I am not connecting at all?

gotrocks
11-03-2013, 01:57 PM
What network cards are you all running with? This is a PC specific issue, since as OP states, he can't connect on any network, meaning it's a setting on the hardware/software side of the users PC.

Are you running any kind of anti-virus/firewall/whatever software on your computer while you try to connect to EQ? What version of windows are you running, and do you have all the updates installed?

Need more information. See FAQ thread and please fill out as much data as you can from the last FAQ point (where it describes how to file a new thread in tech discussion)

joe426
11-03-2013, 10:06 PM
windows 7 here
only use windows defender and malwarebytes
Atheros AR5B97 Wireless Network Adapter
Broadcom NetLink (TM) Gigabit Ethernet

I strongly believe my issue is related with the time. on the days this problem does occur, it starts around 9-10pm est and stops around 12-1am est. it only happens during this time. And it only gives trouble to EQ and Ventrilo.

Lyra
11-04-2013, 12:39 PM
I am also having this issue. I just did a fresh install of Titanium, after playing on THF, and followed the guide. I, however, cannot get past the log-in screen. Any thoughts since it seems that I am not connecting at all?

You should start a new thread. I don't believe your issue is related. Give us as much information as you can.

Edit - I see now he posted in another thread that his issue is resolved. He wasn't running as Admin.

Lyra
11-04-2013, 12:46 PM
windows 7 here
only use windows defender and malwarebytes
Atheros AR5B97 Wireless Network Adapter
Broadcom NetLink (TM) Gigabit Ethernet

I strongly believe my issue is related with the time. on the days this problem does occur, it starts around 9-10pm est and stops around 12-1am est. it only happens during this time. And it only gives trouble to EQ and Ventrilo.

Your issue sounds like a problem with your internet connection. I would guess, the reason EQ and Ventrilo are only affected has to do with the type of communication. If you are watching Netflix, it's only one way communication. EQ and Ventrilo are two way.

Slydog2345
04-27-2018, 10:50 AM
Not sure if you can help me out but I'll just throw it out there and hope for the best. Having a few issues with logging on and getting into the game. The problems I am having are with the Login screen, Server screen, Character screen. Login screen is tells me either: Time out / No internet (A connection to the server could not be reached) / To check and see if servers are up. Server screen: Doesn't display the servers. Character screen: Doesn't show my characters, Shows that I need to create a character or sometimes that my spells are not up to date. If I get through the character screen and actually start to enter the game it crashes sending me back to the login screen. Lastly, if in the game Zoning is a huge game crasher.

This is very frequent and can take hours or may even keep messing up the whole day. Other days I can do 1 attempt and be on and not have a single problem. Not really sure what to make of it all and hoping you may have some suggestions. I am including a few screen shots to help with the explanation.