PDA

View Full Version : Least Common Race/Class/Gender Combo

purist
07-21-2010, 12:19 PM
You know, those race/class/gender combos you see that cause you to pause and say "Shit, [insert race] can be [insert class]?"

Take Erudite Clerics. At the time of this posting, I'm fairly certain that Erudites can be Clerics. Yet the fact that I can't remember actually seen one in P99 causes me enough pause to second-guess myself and qualify that certainty with a "fairly."

So, what others are out there?

Female Gnome Warriors? Male Human Druids? Female Human Rogues? Female Erudite Shadow Knights?

Discuss.

Overcast
07-21-2010, 12:22 PM
Female Dwarf Rogues.

Heck - but you have a point, I only knew of one Erudite Cleric on EQlive that really played out as a 'main'. I was a HE cleric, so I knew a lot of them.

frefaln
07-21-2010, 12:23 PM
Erudite Paladins who buy a Ghoulbane for 500pp, then bank it and try to land a Lord group so he can claim NEED if it drops again.

It's rare but it happens. *wink wink*

edit: the LORE flag sucks, doesn't it...

purist
07-21-2010, 12:24 PM
lol, cyberstalker

Dantes
07-21-2010, 12:27 PM
Female Dwarf Rogues.

Heck - but you have a point, I only knew of one Erudite Cleric on EQlive that really played out as a 'main'. I was a HE cleric, so I knew a lot of them.

There's plenty of these, it's just hard to tell the females from the males.

frefaln
07-21-2010, 12:27 PM
Kowie's a female dwarf rogue. Mustache and everything.

Bubbles
07-21-2010, 12:43 PM
This one's easy.

I've actually seen 3 erudite clerics in the flesh, it's not terribly uncommon.

I've seen *zero* Human Rangers.

Erudite Paladins uncommon? Hell last night in Sol B I saw *two* of them zone out yard trash mobs on top of the people i was ressing.

And yes, I used the plural form "mobs" to be polite.

At 40% health wearing a nobles robe, I was able to tank the shaman till the ress effects wore off on the recently fallen so they could zone. both times. Seriously, if you wanna twaddle around LFG, at least head to Guk where you can IVU and not slaughter the AFK and recently brought to life when you get jumped by a light blue.

Mighty Warriors, indeed. Thank you in advance.

HippoNipple
07-21-2010, 12:50 PM
Gnome Warrior

Overcast
07-21-2010, 12:50 PM
I made a Human Ranger last night - and considering playing him as a main.
Do I need therapy? :)

But Ranger was one class I never played on Live... Same with Monk. I really can't see playing a Warrior, Necro, or Cleric again considering I have so many hours logged on them.

Droxx
07-21-2010, 12:54 PM
I know of 2 level 50 Human Rangers.

Malrubius
07-21-2010, 12:58 PM
At some point rogean posted a table showing how many classes (not sure about races) play on the server. It was awhile ago, but it was very interesting.

Not sure if we can get an updated table at some point for fun?

legendbyname
07-21-2010, 01:01 PM
Gnome SKs

guineapig
07-21-2010, 01:01 PM
Gnome SKs

Are rarest in the sense that they don't exist and never will on this server.

Female human ranger would be my guess as rarest.
Female dwarf rogue would be my second guess.

legendbyname
07-21-2010, 01:06 PM
Are rarest in the sense that they don't exist and never will on this server.

Female human ranger would be my guess as rarest.
Female dwarf rogue would be my second guess.

Really? Maybe that was unlocked in a later expansion, but I remember seeing a couple Gnome SKs

PhelanKA
07-21-2010, 01:09 PM
I'd probably say Erudite paladin. Paladins are rare to begin with, but a brotha paladin is even rarer. Thought about makin one just for the Stalwart Shield of the Seas though. It'd be a challenge for sure.

purist
07-21-2010, 01:10 PM
Yeah, it was. Gnome SKs/Paladins and such were implemented post-velious, and thus will likely never be introduced on p99.

I'd probably say Erudite paladin. Paladins are rare to begin with, but a brotha paladin is even rarer.

Ehhh, in my opinion, Erudite paladins are quite common on P99. Definitely seen more Erudite Paladins than High Elf Paladins. If anything, Erudite Shadow Knights are far rarer.

Cars
07-21-2010, 01:12 PM
You are all wrong. Halfing rangers are rarest, Make it a female and I defy you to name a single one.

Dantes
07-21-2010, 01:32 PM
Paladins are rare?

purist
07-21-2010, 01:52 PM
You are all wrong. Halfing rangers are rarest, Make it a female and I defy you to name a single one.

Probably because those were implemented post-velious, as far as I know.

darkblade717
07-21-2010, 01:59 PM
I've seen multiple female human rangers as well as erudite paladins and clerics. Have yet to see a dark elf warrior.

purist
07-21-2010, 02:12 PM
Now that I think about it, I don't think I've seen more than one or two Wood Elf Rogues. 'Specially female ones.

Dumesh Uhl'Belk
07-21-2010, 02:18 PM
Female Troll SK

Male Dark Elf Warrior

Male or Female Dark Elf Rogue... why be one when you can get mask of deception?

guineapig
07-21-2010, 02:21 PM

Halfling rangers are also rare in the sense that they do not nor will they ever exist on this server.

purist
07-21-2010, 02:23 PM
Female Troll SK

QFT

Cars
07-21-2010, 02:52 PM
Halfling rangers are also rare in the sense that they do not nor will they ever exist on this server.

LoL I guess i have been served. For sure thought that was a classic thing but it would be a cold day in hell the day i looked at starting a ranger so no shock that i dont know this.

Sckrilla
07-21-2010, 02:54 PM
Dark Elf (female/male) Rogues are more than likely the rarest class/race combination due to the simple fact that Mast of Deception exists. imo

Kambris
07-21-2010, 06:19 PM
Now that I think about it, I don't think I've seen more than one or two Wood Elf Rogues. 'Specially female ones.

/flex

Ellia
07-21-2010, 08:16 PM
woodelf warrior

Pyrocat
07-21-2010, 08:29 PM
Female Erudite SK
Female Ogre SK
Female Gnome Rogue

Gris
07-21-2010, 09:05 PM
Dark Elf (female/male) Rogues are more than likely the rarest class/race combination due to the simple fact that Mast of Deception exists. imo
This. Absolutely no reason to make a DE rogue.

President
07-21-2010, 09:41 PM
I played a dark elf warrior for a few weeks back on live and thought it was really cool and unique. I was about 10 seconds from making one until I realized I would be able to get the DE mask, so went half-elf so I could start in Qeynos ;)

So I'm kind of a half elf war and a dark elf war.. I get some points for that right?

Lowlife
07-21-2010, 11:18 PM
Having said all of this, i'm going to attempt to narrow down my race/class combo as I desire to play something somewhat rare, help me out guys, aside from darkelf whats the rarest Male Rogue race combo? Human? Dwarf? Gnome?

Dersk
07-21-2010, 11:28 PM
Dwarf, halfling, and barbarian appeared to be the most common on live by far. Dark elf, human, wood elf, and half elf were all too rare, but really, you're rare enough just being a rogue.

Daldaen
07-21-2010, 11:34 PM
Half Elf druids?! Our innate wisdom is low :(

Dumesh Uhl'Belk
07-22-2010, 02:29 AM
Human would probably be the most rare of male rogues.

Tseng
07-22-2010, 02:36 AM
I gotta think Gnome Cleric is up there too.

I haven't seen too many other Human Druids than myself either...

aggresor223
07-22-2010, 05:56 AM
Rangers arn't a bad class just wimpy, i played one on live to 75 amd they have fun spells....now about classic rangers i couldn't tell you i dont think they get all the hate debuff spells and group atk buff spells ect.

Messianic
07-22-2010, 07:32 AM
Ogre or Troll Female anything. ::shudder::

Aadill
07-22-2010, 07:45 AM
I've seen *zero* Human Rangers.

Sup. Trax and myself are 2 level 50 male human rangers. We are having an epic battle of moustache vs eyepatch whenever we meet.

Team Moustache~

Ropethunder
07-22-2010, 07:46 AM
Don't make a gnome warrior. I have the only one that I know of. :)

Dantes
07-22-2010, 11:51 AM
I played a dark elf warrior for a few weeks back on live and thought it was really cool and unique. I was about 10 seconds from making one until I realized I would be able to get the DE mask, so went half-elf so I could start in Qeynos ;)

So I'm kind of a half elf war and a dark elf war.. I get some points for that right?

I thought it would be cool and unique too but there's another one. We were actually both in uguk last night. Both have some crafted + black enameled too we're like twins.

Barkingturtle
07-22-2010, 11:59 AM
It kind of made me sad yesterday when you were dismantling your paladin in the tunnel, Purist. You were a pretty rare dude as an Erudite Pal, and I had actually noticed in my own attempts to gather a census via /who all <insert ever more specific criteria>. It was like watching from a distance a man of ethnic persuasion excel at something he was not expected to, perhaps like a Blasian dominating golf in our "real world", and then I watched first-hand as you self-destructed. Well I hope your whores were worth it, Tiger.

Just thought you might want to know.

Ihealyou
07-22-2010, 12:24 PM
I thought it would be cool and unique too but there's another one. We were actually both in uguk last night. Both have some crafted + black enameled too we're like twins.

That was me! Sorry to rain on your uniqueness parade :p

Dantes
07-22-2010, 12:57 PM
Nah it's cool. We're twinzies.

Harmonicdeth
07-22-2010, 01:23 PM
I never see Half elf Female warriors. My half elf male warrior needs a mate. Wood elves are too much like my elf mother...easy... Humans well... don't have to go there...

But I am interested to see if Dev will post the actual count of races and classes currently active.

Jael
08-06-2010, 07:20 PM
Nah it's cool. We're twinzies.

Actually The hubby plays a DE warrior - Howlin (lvl 39 - I think)

Tseng
08-06-2010, 07:34 PM
I haven't seen any Wood Elf Warriors. I've seen Halfling and Gnome, though.

Taluvill
08-06-2010, 07:55 PM
The *ONLY* reason erudite paladins are popular is because maestro has trash loot except for the shield, and people roll alts to use the badassness of the shield.

Taluvill
08-06-2010, 07:57 PM
The only reason half elf druids arent rare is because there are druids everywhere.

If the druids were around the numbers of the rogues/wizards/etc, Im sure i'd be the only one = P

Itchybottom
08-06-2010, 10:16 PM
I haven't seen any Wood Elf Warriors. I've seen Halfling and Gnome, though.

I don't recall his name, but there was a level 50 wood-elf warrior that helped me retrieve my corpse in Najena shortly after I hit level 9. Widowmistress gave him quite the beating, too (unrelated, my corpse was in the crystal room, I just watched his HP plumet in the group window before he managed to kill her)