PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Assassinate

arsenalpow
10-14-2013, 01:11 AM
This seems to be firing at an abnormally high rate now. I couldn't even remember seeing one recently, and now sitting at efreeti with a 60 rogue I've seen about 3 in the past 30 minutes. There have been reports of 10-12 in a 3 hour disco session in seb. Something seems broken.

Hodge
10-14-2013, 01:12 AM
youmad.

arsenalpow
10-14-2013, 01:16 AM
confirmed something is broken with assassinate, all the rogues in BDA have labeled me a whistle blower

Motec
10-14-2013, 01:24 AM
3 in 30mins? Whats wrong with that?

Sounds actually a little lower than it should be, having played rogues at the top end for many years.

I'd often be in seb, guk, etc and get an assasinate every few mins. Maybe 1/20 mobs if I had to guess.

arsenalpow
10-14-2013, 01:55 AM
So this was tonight.

[Sun Oct 13 23:53:24 2013] Juevento ASSASSINATES their victim!!
[Mon Oct 14 00:08:49 2013] Juevento ASSASSINATES their victim!!
[Mon Oct 14 00:36:42 2013] Juevento ASSASSINATES their victim!!

And then this was the previous time in my log where I could find another assassinate (and these logs go back to April 2012)

[Sun Dec 23 22:19:15 2012] Skarry ASSASSINATES their victim!!

Freakish
10-14-2013, 01:59 AM
It was bugged before and firing only at the beginning of combat. Now it can fire in the middle of combat as well. So many more backstab opportunities so of course you'll see more now.

arsenalpow
10-14-2013, 02:05 AM
what about levels? Juevento was killing imps that were dark blue at 60. I don't think that's how it's supposed to be?

Freakish
10-14-2013, 02:06 AM
Its supposed to be either 45 or 46 and lower only. Same level that the disintegrate spells use.

Tecmos Deception
10-14-2013, 07:41 AM
Yeah, 45+ is dark blue for 60 iirc, so no problem seeing assassinates on dark blues.

I think I only assassinated 2-3 things ever on Muiriol before I sold her, and I probably had 4-5 days /played at 60. Fairly certain the 2-3 things I assassinated were orc pawns in EC, too :(

cyryllis
10-14-2013, 01:24 PM
on live during this era a 60 rogue in seb was always amazing because of the number of assassinates

I always thought it was lower assassinate rate here when compared to live.

Silent
10-17-2013, 05:34 AM
The patch definitely did change the Assassination rate for sure, Not entirely sure how much but its better now then it was before. This was picture is from right after the patch. Prior to that,
I would be lucky to see even 1 assassinate per 15-18 hours of playing time though only a few mobs I fought would be in level(ie these entrance chardok mobs, seb, solb etc)

Now I get them regularly, Not overwhelmingly a lot. But I will still see 2-3 per raid at least. This screenshot is probably just good luck and random number generation but I thought it was pretty neat
at the time because I just straight instagibbed 2 mobs within 5 secondsof each other.

http://i.imgur.com/wTsVy9p.png (http://imgur.com/wTsVy9p)

I do not think it is broken, but fixed. People claiming rogues are 'abusing' this tactic in lower mob level areas like solb efreeti camp to PL people are mistaken, I PL people there time to time and its just as rare as anywhere else. Might see one every 2 hours if that.

Motec
10-17-2013, 08:56 AM
on live during this era a 60 rogue in seb was always amazing because of the number of assassinates

I always thought it was lower assassinate rate here when compared to live.

+1 to this, was always hilarious down there because you'd straight up be destroying shit with it.

Ele
10-17-2013, 09:45 AM
The patch definitely did change the Assassination rate for sure, Not entirely sure how much but its better now then it was before. This was picture is from right after the patch. Prior to that, I would be lucky to see even 1 assassinate per 15-18 hours of playing time though only a few mobs I fought would be in level(ie these entrance chardok mobs, seb, solb etc)

Now I get them regularly, Not overwhelmingly a lot. But I will still see 2-3 per raid at least. This screenshot is probably just good luck and random number generation but I thought it was pretty neat at the time because I just straight instagibbed 2 mobs within 5 secondsof each other.

The patch did not increase the rate at which Assassinate fires, but removed the flag that the mob had to be unengaged and another flag which could have been preventing proper assassinates. It should now be working properly. It seems like rogues are going OP, but people are actually seeing assassinations while xping rather than farming green trash.

Not sure what something about assassinate is doing in this thread, but removed the aggro check. Also removed another check that might have prevented it from working correctly. You're lucky I played a rogue back in the day.

Sektor
10-17-2013, 10:14 AM
The patch definitely did change the Assassination rate for sure, Not entirely sure how much but its better now then it was before. This was picture is from right after the patch. Prior to that,
I would be lucky to see even 1 assassinate per 15-18 hours of playing time though only a few mobs I fought would be in level(ie these entrance chardok mobs, seb, solb etc)

Now I get them regularly, Not overwhelmingly a lot. But I will still see 2-3 per raid at least. This screenshot is probably just good luck and random number generation but I thought it was pretty neat
at the time because I just straight instagibbed 2 mobs within 5 secondsof each other.

http://i.imgur.com/wTsVy9p.png (http://imgur.com/wTsVy9p)

I do not think it is broken, but fixed. People claiming rogues are 'abusing' this tactic in lower mob level areas like solb efreeti camp to PL people are mistaken, I PL people there time to time and its just as rare as anywhere else. Might see one every 2 hours if that.

lolol read the text about sickpuppy saying i was xping under the world, shit's classic!

big mouth chew
10-17-2013, 10:16 AM
what a horrible ui
what did i say about posting screenshots?

Silent
10-17-2013, 11:00 AM
You said nothing, Nor did the red server need to follow me into game mechanics(Though I don't mind Sektor, Just you.)

As for exping, Assassinate only comes at level 60 so this will mostly only benefit power leveling others if that. Even then like I said the chance to actually do it is still so low that its not even close to being broken or too high a chance. In a exp situation I would trade the current chance of assassination for a chanter haste any day in terms for dps, While insta killing a mob is nice its just as easy to double 500+ a mob and drop it with 100dps+ in 15 seconds then rely on a 32k 0.5%(made up numberz) chance to hit.

big mouth chew
10-17-2013, 11:24 AM
You said nothing,

horrible ui
dont post anymore screenshots til you take care of that

dont post anymore screenshots til you take care of that

dont post anymore screenshots

dont post anymore

Stinkum
10-17-2013, 12:25 PM
ppl say his ui was infected by pixels

Silent
10-18-2013, 02:10 AM
Get out. You said nothing. This isn't RnF nor Guk.

big mouth chew
10-18-2013, 08:09 AM
ban inc

for you

because ugly ui