PDA

View Full Version : Enchanter spellbook organization.

kunark_lizzie
10-09-2013, 08:14 PM
I'm just level 12 and already have a massive amount of spells.

Can anyone offer suggestions on how to setup spellbook efficiently? I'm sure with experience I'll get the feel of what I want and where but, at this point, I'd appreciate any suggestions from those more experienced on what works for you.

Thanks.

Pringles
10-09-2013, 08:27 PM
For any caster class, the front 4 pages of my books are blank, and i start putting my spells on the 5+ pages in order they appear on the wiki so i know what spells im missing / know what level range they belong to.

Then, I move my most used spells to the very front of the book, and once they get upgraded and I no longer use them, I put them back in their rightful place on the 5+ pages

-Catherin-
10-09-2013, 09:11 PM
if you have played a chanter long enough you will know that we reserve one of our 8 spell gems as a "swap slot"

your first pages of the spellbook should consist of the spells you use the most, so you can do quick spell swapping when needed.

What spells you personally use the most you will figure out with time

Retti_
10-09-2013, 10:03 PM
Lvl 12 lol

Splorf22
10-10-2013, 12:20 AM
if you have played a chanter long enough you will know that we reserve one of our 8 spell gems as a "swap slot"

your first pages of the spellbook should consist of the spells you use the most, so you can do quick spell swapping when needed.

What spells you personally use the most you will figure out with time

I pretty much do this, except that my OCD compelled me to put the buffs on the second page.

I have 3 pages of spells that are frequently used, and then like 2-3 more counting the illusions and enchants and stuff.

billw134
10-10-2013, 03:18 PM
Chronologically, alphabetically, or autobiographically.

Potus
10-13-2013, 04:48 PM
I used to play a friend's ENC on live and I was appalled that her spell book had every spell page dedicated to one spell and all its lowbie versions. It took forever to find Lull or Memblur after going through page after page of Mez/Tash/DD/Dot/Root/Dispel.

Just put the spells you use most on the first couple of pages, then move the really crappy ones you'll never use again toward the back. Gives you something to do while medding.

mtb tripper
10-14-2013, 08:55 PM
I always order them in columns by icon

Crosswind
10-15-2013, 01:17 PM
Here's how I do it:

Default Spell Layout in my first 8 - whatever I want to mem immediately.

Buffs that need regular casting on my next 8: Charisma Buff, Shielding Spell, Clarity, Augment, Haste, Invis

Buffs/Stuff that need occasional casting on my next 16: AC Buff, Strengthen, Rune, Bedlam-line, See Invis, Invis Vs. Undead, Soothe, Pacify

Random useful utility stuff on page 3: Enduring breath, Levitate, etc.

8 most useful illusions to start page 4: (Human, Troll, Air Elemental, Water Elemental, Tree, 3 of your choice)

8 most useful crafting spells to end page 4.

Everything else is shifted to the back in roughly the order it's acquired, never to be looked at again.

Basically, I never have to use anything except Page 1 and 2 in-combat, and I almost never need to use page 2.

-Cross

Tecmos Deception
10-15-2013, 01:38 PM
I used to play a friend's ENC on live and I was appalled that her spell book had every spell page dedicated to one spell and all its lowbie versions. It took forever to find Lull or Memblur after going through page after page of Mez/Tash/DD/Dot/Root/Dispel..

I have a version of this in my spellbook. I organize by spell type, so I have damaging spells on a page, debuffs on a page, CC on a page, charms on a page, vision/travel utility on a page, etc. I don't use all of the lower versions, although I do have like 4 different nukes in the front of my book for finishing off mobs of varying HP, my single-target tash and my ae tash, most of my mezzes, all of my charms, etc.

I probably should reduce my first 4-6 page to ONLY the spells I truly use all the time and then repeat the pattern on the next pages with the spells I use sometimes... but I'm kinda lazy and I'm VERY used to my current system. If you watch me stream you'll definitely see me flying from page 1 to page 8 and to everything inbetween whenever I'm swapping in tash/bedlam/charm/slow/etc.

goshozal
10-15-2013, 06:33 PM
... but I'm kinda lazy and I'm VERY used to my current system.

This.

I keep the more common spells in the front, but I also keep them somewhat organized by type. But truly, you just get used to where you put shit and you can flip to it very fast.

Calm, Bedlam, and Invis are all on page 5, and damnit they are NOT moving.

kunark_lizzie
10-16-2013, 02:54 PM
Thanks all for the feedback. Am up to level 16 now and getting more used to what spells I use solo and in groups.

At this point I'm pretty much doing the spells I use often at the front then the less frequently, but still used spells after with the obsolete ones at the very back sorted by type.

I've hotkeyed my book to open on page 4 with my "standard 8" on 4 with my most used swaps on 3 (left sided spell bar). I like this as it gives me a single click left and right giving me quick access to more swaps. I'll keep working with this as I get more spells and see how it goes but, so far, its working pretty well for me.

If anyone has tips on targeting mobs, I'd appreciate it. I'm doing ok but feel slow when cycling targets when puller brings a train into a small space. I miss click with mouse often and tabbing through targets doesn't always seem to rotate through all mobs in order; I'm not sure tabs works the way I think it does so if someone could explain it it'd probably help.

Thanks again and go chanters! Having fun on this toon so far.