PDA

View Full Version : Blown Away

shadesofjoe
07-20-2010, 02:15 PM
Greetings all,

Just wanted to introduce myself and say how much I've enjoyed playing on this server. I've only logged in a few times but have had such a great experience getting reacquainted with classic EQ and chatting with players online. I've really appreciated the willingness of this community to help me get up and running -- especially since I've forgotten how to do so many things in this game as it's been almost 8 years since I've played. :)

I'm so thrilled about this project, I even started a blog to document my exploits in Norrath:

http://backtonorrath.blogspot.com

All that's left is for me to decide on a main. How hard is it to play a Bard do you think? :)

Cheers and thanks to all the developers for their continued hard work. You guys have really done something remarkable here.

Overcast
07-20-2010, 02:20 PM
All that's left is for me to decide on a main. How hard is it to play a Bard do you think? :)

Yeah, I've been around here for a couple weeks now, and maybe 6 years of EQLive in my past, and I STILL can't decide WTF I want to play here.

Bards.. Lots of key pressing to twist songs, have to kite - mostly to solo. Excellent at grouping and I really don't see a ton of them around.

If you can handle the 'activity' - it's a great class.

UrsusMajor
07-20-2010, 02:31 PM
I will definitely agree that the MOST of the people playing on Project1999 are some of the best people I've played with in years. It's so nice and refreshing meeting people willing to help you out that it really gives you a great welcome feeling.

So much unlike the Chuck Norris Barrens mentality.

It's been so nice in fact that I have also gone out of my way to try to help new players. While xping on guards in Nektulo Forest, I will always /shout Offering SoW and DS shield to new players to help them out, even if it means my XP gets slowed because I go OOM buffing new characters. Just makes you feel good all around, something I've only ever experience in only two MMORPG's I've played, EQ and AC.

Toony
07-20-2010, 02:38 PM
I'm so thrilled about this project, I even started a blog to document my exploits in Norrath:

http://backtonorrath.blogspot.com

Hey I like the layout, adding this to google reader.

Mad Jacq
07-20-2010, 02:48 PM
Couldn't agree with the OP more.

I've only been here a couple weeks myself and have been having a blast reliving old memories.

I've met a ton of great people. Well... and a couple of training fools in Crushbone. But just a couple. ;)

Malrubius
07-20-2010, 02:57 PM
Welcome back! Yeah, the community is amazing.

/ignore the few bad apples and you're gtg :D

I can't even imagine the game getting better, but when summer's over the population will ramp back up, and then at some point there'll be Kunark. omg.

Kujin
07-20-2010, 03:07 PM
Welcome back to Norrath. :)

I just started playing here too. I made a Barbarian Rogue named Kujin if you would like to start out with me. I love this server but not knowing anyone lessens the experience, although that is easily solved.

Dac321
07-20-2010, 03:11 PM
You are going to have a blast on the server. I sure do. Most of the people on the server are really cool.

ukaking
07-20-2010, 03:24 PM
Welcome brother! This is the best thing that has happened to gaming since EQlive was classic! I know it sounds cliche but fact is fact. It has been such a nice experience seeing my wife as a noobie make some of the same mistakes and oohs and ahhs that we all used to make when we first started. Have fun with it and enjoy the greatest game to ever be created!
BTW, when Kunark comes out, I think I may cry the first time I spawn up and zone into the Field of Bone.

Messianic
07-20-2010, 03:30 PM
So much unlike the Chuck Norris Barrens mentality.

But those people are so funny to mess with - just shout "CHUCK NORRIS" in General chat, and watch the fun. Some friends and I would start massive, epic arguments by merely stating "FF7 WAS THE BEST FF EVER!"

City trade chat became the new Barrens chat, only on steroids. There was one guy on our server who would yell words from the Thundercats theme constantly...the people who would make vulgar links...etc.

I thought some of it was funny (some of the epeen arguments), most people exited that channel before long...

UrsusMajor
07-20-2010, 04:50 PM
BTW, when Kunark comes out, I think I may cry the first time I spawn up and zone into the Field of Bone.

You and me both. Iksar necro/monk for the win. Field of Bone was such a great zone. You could level from 1-45 all within it and Kurn's Tower and Kaesora.

This zone and the Mines of Nurga were my favorite Kunark areas.

Messianic
07-20-2010, 04:54 PM
You and me both. Iksar necro/monk for the win. Field of Bone was such a great zone. You could level from 1-45 all within it and Kurn's Tower and Kaesora.

This zone and the Mines of Nurga were my favorite Kunark areas.

Lake of Ill Omen.

21-30 as a Human Monk in a single day. It's also the place I finished my epic quest...

Dreadlands kicked butt, too. I loved pulling from the area around Karnor's and fighting by the walls. Nearly unlimited enemies...

Karnor's had some wicked trains...

Tork
07-20-2010, 05:01 PM
Karnor's had some wicked trains...

You're welcome~