PDA

View Full Version : reset leaderboard and archive old one

compulsion
10-08-2013, 08:35 AM
Since our actual PvP code is looking pretty legit, why not start off fresh and see where people land without their gate pots, trak's teeth, and highsun exploiting.

Smedy
10-08-2013, 08:36 AM
yeah, would upset tune though, he has been farming greens with perma stun for 2 month straight

Nothxu
10-08-2013, 09:23 AM
Wish we could figure out a way to show YT if someone zones and dies to DoTs. Necros and shamans always gonna have it rough.

Elderan
10-08-2013, 09:25 AM
While I am not 100% against this I think there might be a better method.

I had planned to add a monthly leader board along with a few other items as well. Then you would be able to see who was good before and after the changes.

I am open to ideas as long as they are reasonable.

Andis
10-08-2013, 10:35 AM
I think, since these changes are huge for pvp

that maybe a leaderboard wipe is best option

dunno, what does everyone think

Dullah
10-08-2013, 10:48 AM
I agree with new data set, even if you can still see old as an archive, it just shouldn't go in until next patch. Next patch is the big one where all spells and songs will be more resistable.

New boards after pvp patch 2.0.

Sektor
10-08-2013, 10:50 AM
New leaderboard for sure, archive the current one for memories, lot of people on that list aren't even around. I.E. Gloinzz,Lorigui etc etc.

Something'Witty
10-08-2013, 10:52 AM
ZOMG, if you wipe the current leaderboard, Syft's head might explode over the loss of his points!

HippoNipple
10-08-2013, 10:53 AM
I really like the idea of quarterly or monthly leader boards. If you could code it or sort it by rank for a time period like that it would be a lot better for the casual player. Seeing people that have been farming kills for 4 months already does demoralize someone from even caring about the boards. I came back from a long break and saw it had been open for several months, never looked at it again.

It can also allow others that have been leveling up through their 50's being griefed get a chance to reach the top one day.

I agree with keeping the old info because the ones at the top have put in a lot of work. I see Beck doing work all the time recently. But, if you can somehow figure out how to show all time, quarter, monthly, weekly, etc. rankings more power to you.

Smedy
10-08-2013, 10:55 AM
While I am not 100% against this I think there might be a better method.

I had planned to add a monthly leader board along with a few other items as well. Then you would be able to see who was good before and after the changes.

I am open to ideas as long as they are reasonable.

Not a bad idea

HippoNipple
10-08-2013, 10:55 AM
I know comparing EQ PvP to counterstrike is a joke most of the time but the ranking system on there was a lot of fun. I could put the game down for months, come back and have something to strive for by being towards the top on the weekly list.

Swish
10-08-2013, 11:28 AM
+1, great idea

Andis
10-08-2013, 11:29 AM
but ONLY when the patch gets put in

hopefully soon

get it rdy elderan

Lionfish Roundup
10-08-2013, 12:07 PM
Since our actual PvP code is looking pretty legit, why not start off fresh and see where people land without their gate pots, trak's teeth, and highsun exploiting.

Resists got fixed? I don't think they did.