PDA

View Full Version : Unbelievably high amount of resists on necro DOTs

letsallkillandy
10-04-2013, 01:20 PM
I've been leveling in Kurns Tower since about level 11 and am now 17 but even now my dots only do HALF damage on dark blue and light blue cons. What gives?

Anything I cast on takes half ticks regardless the spell (darkness / heatblood / heart flutter). The only full damage I can stick on the undead here are undead nukes and life taps. Am I doing something wrong to not make my DOT's hit for full damage? It's pretty depressing to rarely see a full tick on dark blue / light blue cons.

Thanks in advance.

Estu
10-04-2013, 02:28 PM
Do you mean 2/3 ticks? If a monster is moving and it's not feared, all DoTs do 2/3 damage. Otherwise, dots do full damage as long as they are not completely resisted.

letsallkillandy
10-04-2013, 02:32 PM
Do you mean 2/3 ticks? If a monster is moving and it's not feared, all DoTs do 2/3 damage. Otherwise, dots do full damage as long as they are not completely resisted.

I had no idea! Since the pet aggro stinks on this server (doesn't work from what I remember on classic) I've resulted to aggro kiting. I will just change to fear kiting for full ticks.

Many thanks!

Potus
10-06-2013, 02:22 AM
Yup pet aggro is beyond broken here. Stick to Spook the Undead, it last 3 ticks and is 10 mana and has an insanely short casting time. It's great to fear kiting in Kurns.

Uteunayr
10-06-2013, 09:08 AM
Yup pet aggro is beyond broken here. Stick to Spook the Undead, it last 3 ticks and is 10 mana and has an insanely short casting time. It's great to fear kiting in Kurns.

Additionally, Hungry Earth can make for decent (not perfect) root rotting. Rather nice with a DD component. Manage aggro with FD and your pet can pick up on a root break easily.

letsallkillandy
10-06-2013, 12:49 PM

I will definitely have to try that! Any idea why the pet aggro doesnt work as it should? I recall in classic you couldnt peel your pet to save your (or your pets) life... on this server it seems the complete opposite...

letsallkillandy
10-06-2013, 12:51 PM
Additionally, Hungry Earth can make for decent (not perfect) root rotting. Rather nice with a DD component. Manage aggro with FD and your pet can pick up on a root break easily.

If I wanted to root rot I would have played a shaman :D

Only kidding - Thank you for your advice.

Vile
10-16-2013, 05:21 PM
Where did you fight in Kurns at lvl 12? My nec is lvl 12 and the entrance ones are sometimes yellow and are tough.. they even resist ward undead quite often as well..

I'll have to try the spook the undead tactic.

Retti_
10-16-2013, 06:06 PM
That first 2 spawn split prolly gonna oom u in break kill but if u at least burn 1 and zone its split and after regen can start farming bottom floor a bit.

Vile
10-16-2013, 06:43 PM
Ty retti brew

Technique
10-16-2013, 07:04 PM
they even resist ward undead quite often as well..The spells in the undead-only (and summoned-only) line of nukes all have positive resist mods. They weren't made negative until PoP.

Vile
10-16-2013, 07:31 PM
The spells in the undead-only (and summoned-only) line of nukes all have positive resist mods. They weren't made negative until PoP.
dang

Vile
10-17-2013, 10:45 AM
Spook the Dead not good in Kurns... how are you guys doing this? Adds all over

justin2090
10-22-2013, 10:41 AM
I stood in the back right corner 2 feet from the zone and fear kited. Best xp I've ever gotten.

koros
10-22-2013, 11:01 AM
The spells in the undead-only (and summoned-only) line of nukes all have positive resist mods. They weren't made negative until PoP.

This is incorrect. This conception comes from the way eqcaster parsed these files using old the old spell system. Lucy has no history of a resist mod change made during PoP.