PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: No rez dialogue, unrezzable corpse

Crosswind
10-04-2013, 08:07 AM
Have had this issue twice recently: A rez is cast on a corpse, no dialogue appears for the corpse-owner, and the corpse becomes unrezzable thereafter.

It is my understanding that correct functionality is:
1.) Dialogue should appear
2.) If the rez option is declined, the corpse should still be rezzable

If it helps at all to track this down, the first time this occurred was on Calumny. After a serious of unfortunate pulls/charm breaks, our group evacced and I died, on top of the SRo spire, to DoTs. A cleric was pulled in from EC, but I could not be rezzed.

-Cross

Thulack
10-04-2013, 08:50 AM
Had this happen in Sky. I declined a rez after dying cause i had to leave. completely logged out and when i came back later that night rez timer was gone on corpse.

Treats
10-04-2013, 10:06 PM
Have had this issue twice recently: A rez is cast on a corpse, no dialogue appears for the corpse-owner, and the corpse becomes unrezzable thereafter.

It is my understanding that correct functionality is:
1.) Dialogue should appear
2.) If the rez option is declined, the corpse should still be rezzable

If it helps at all to track this down, the first time this occurred was on Calumny. After a serious of unfortunate pulls/charm breaks, our group evacced and I died, on top of the SRo spire, to DoTs. A cleric was pulled in from EC, but I could not be rezzed.

-Cross

If you die to a DoT AFTER zoning there is no experience loss.

The corpse cannot be resurrected.

CodyF86
10-07-2013, 03:25 AM
This isn't the same issue I don't think and it may warrant it's own thread if more
people have had the issue, but in the past 3 days I have had 2 guidies get an epic
rez and accept the popup box after dying in the same zone and no xp is returned.

In at least one of the cases a guide or gm had to repop his corpse in KC and have
him get re-rezed after checking the logs.

cs616
10-07-2013, 10:29 AM
I had a similar issue happen once on my cleric. Died to Faydedar and respawned at fire pots. Clerics on my raid were unable to rez. I ran back up from fire pots and tried to rez and was told the corpse was unrezzable. Camped out my cleric intending to petition later, but when I got home that night my friend had logged on and said he was able to rez the corpse just fine. Know this isn't exactly the same issue you're describing, but sounds like they might have similar causes. Anyway, hopefully we can figure out what the deal is here.