PDA

View Full Version : Question about stun from Yak vs Trochilic's Skean

spoils
10-02-2013, 03:50 PM
Please explain why some are telling me Troch Skean's Stun/dot aggro is better than yaks' 75dmg+stun proc?

The dot on skean is only like 5 dmg...

I'd like a bit more explanation on how aggro works on the troch skean...i understand how it works on the yaks...

Ele
10-02-2013, 04:43 PM
Clockwork Poison
1: Increase Poison Counter by 1
2: Decrease HP when cast by 5
3: Decrease Hitpoints by 1 per tick
4: SpinStun

I would think it is not really the difference in damage between the two, but the addition of the poison counters on the Skean's proc in addition to the stun.

I haven't done any testing or read up on a comparison since I don't play a class that would use either, but just the first thing that jumped into my head.

spoils
10-02-2013, 06:44 PM
we know that yaks are 500hate for stun+75 for the DD...so 575

any idea what troc skean would be?

spoils
10-04-2013, 10:59 AM
welps...after a few days of using the skean...i'll say that RMoY+Skean>RMoY+Yakscimitar...the skean procs so damn much and the duration stun is awesome!

If i could do Skean+Skean i'd do it...it's like the poor man's BoBDE...

Holey
10-19-2013, 03:17 PM
the skean isnt actually suppose to proc as much. tbh.

JayN
10-19-2013, 03:20 PM
the skean isnt actually suppose to proc as much. tbh.

Thing like never proc'd at all for me and ive never seen anything stunned by it... it seemed like worse agro then bloodpoint or even a bloodfire which is laughable

Melissa
10-19-2013, 11:22 PM
procs like a beast for me...i love that it's a duration stun too

i believe in the skean...i prefer it over another yak

crkhobbit
10-21-2013, 10:15 AM
IIRC, weapons did not have different proc rates until later in the timeline. So any perceived differences in proc rates are simply perceived. Unless slower weapons can proc slightly more due to double attacks and ppm... but I'm hazy on that right now.

Anyway, skean's proc may seem lackluster, but it's basically a SK agro spell coupled with a Pal agro spell in one proc. Or, if Disease Cloud had a stun component, no SK would ever lose agro.