PDA

View Full Version : PVP - WORLD WAR (I)

mixxit
07-19-2010, 02:13 PM
* Note this not official from the team just something that came off another server I worked on and would like to do here as events *

Rumours spread through the lands of Norrath that armies are being assembled at the capitals of some of the most powerful factions of Norrath. Why the nations are preparing for war, no one quite knows but what is certain is that the leaders of each race are calling upon one individual to lead their force in a war that will leave their people as legends in the history of Norrath.

- Town Crier

@@@@@@@

Welcome to the first world war event! A set of racial pvp events that will take place over several sessions in the world of Norrath for players of all levels.

A Territory Map of all of norrath will be shown on an official site once we have this setup showing the territory of your races and how progress is occuring.

Requirements:
1) You may only submit one player per account
2) Your player must be PVP flagged (this can be removed after the event if you wish)
3) You will only be affiliated and aid your chosen race

What happens?

Stage 1 - Racial Leader Elections

Every person involved in the World War events must choose from the candidates that have put themselves forward. Then once the election ends the leader who will organise their race/team will be announced.

Stage 2 - Land grab / Wars

After the leaders of the races have been announced the land grabs will begin. This is when the pvp races of the world will attempt to spread outwards from their capital cities and claim lands of other races. Races must move through adjacent zones and must not be cut off else they lose the subsequent zones connected (Ie if freeport has freeport to highkeep and the dark elves take the commonlands, freeport will lose commonlands, kithicor AND highkeep).

Each zone will have a specific 'game type' assigned to it. Ie Capture the Flag, Rescue the Damsel, Defend the Castle (ie XX minutes)

When a racial leader announces his intention to attack a zone a date and time is set and a referee will attend the event and update the official territory map once the event is completed.

Stage 3 - Winner announced

Once all land has been taken by a specific race the winner will be announced and a reward agreed upon by all the players involved will take place. This needs to be discussed by all of you.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

What to do now?

Step 1

To make my life easier please sign up here: http://worldwar.gamerservices.net/register

Step 2

Then please edit your Race, Character name and Level in the profile editor once you have signed up. A link is here: http://worldwar.gamerservices.net/members/admin/profile/edit/

----

If you would like to run for racial elections (leader/royalty)

Please tick the box with yes. It's in the profile page under the tab 'Leadership'. You may now begin campaigning with your race to convince them to vote for you. Once the election is about to take place an email will be sent to all of your race.

If you would like to be a referee

Please tick the box with yes. It's in the profile edit page and under the tab Admin Team. We will contact you by email.

Get involved in the ruleset discussion on this thread
---

Cheers!

Mixxit

~~~~~~~~~

Some stats:

Over 110 people have signed up for the war

Electoral Candidates:

Human Royalty
Electoral Candidate h0tr0d - Character: Shaere
Electoral Candidate webwolf - Character: Webwolf
Electoral Candidate raexa - Character: Raexa
Electoral Candidate iamjack - Character: Jack

Barbarian Clan Leader
Electoral Candidate trapt - Character: Trapt
Electoral Candidate laledorm - Character: Laledorm
Electoral Candidate vierge - Character: Vierge
Electoral Candidate phallax - Character: Phallax

Erudite Lord Inquisitor
Electoral Candidate twofiddy - Character: twofiddy
Electoral Candidate bobby2da3rd - Character: Newbian

Wood Elf Royalty
Electoral Candidate farlis - Character: Farlis The Ghostbutterfly

High Elf Royalty
Electoral Candidate misled - Character: Misled
Electoral Candidate swarws - Character: Swarws
Electoral Candidate ainaden - Character: ainaden

Dark Elf Royalty
Electoral Candidate swishahouse - Character: Koota
Electoral Candidate kraftwerk - Character: Kraftwerk
Electoral Candidate athiyk - Character: Athiyk

Half Elf President
Electoral Candidate supremacy - Character: Supremacy

Dwarven King
Electoral Candidate hasbinbad - Character: Hasbinbad

Troll General
Electoral Candidate emoqq - Character: Emoqq
Electoral Candidate mountaineer - Character: Mountaineer

Ogre Overlord
Electoral Candidate rumzuck - Character: Rumzuck

Halfling Mayor
Electoral Candidate supreme - Character: Supreme
Electoral Candidate spud - Character: spud

Gnome Royalty
Electoral Candidate nalkin - Character: Nalkin
Electoral Candidate beepbeep - Character: Beep Beep

Force Sizes:

Human: 13
Barbarian: 9
Erudite: 7
Wood Elf: 11
High Elf: 13
Dark Elf: 19
Half Elf: 5
Dwarf: 6
Troll: 5
Ogre: 5
Halfling: 7
Gnome: 8

World War Ruleset: 0.01 Alpha

Somekid123
07-19-2010, 02:18 PM
Andain - Halfling.

quido
07-19-2010, 02:24 PM
Jeremy - Conan

Glitch
07-19-2010, 02:29 PM
Glitch - Dark Elf

Ripcord
07-19-2010, 02:37 PM
half elves get a autoding to lvl 70 to make it fair right

Cribanox
07-19-2010, 02:42 PM
Can I create a new character for this?

Kraftwerk
07-19-2010, 02:47 PM
Kraftwerk Computerwelt - Superior (Dark) Elf

Spud
07-19-2010, 02:49 PM
Will there be a level range for pvp? You say its for all levels, i want to know if i should use my lvl 50 main or roll and alt for it?

Spud
07-19-2010, 02:51 PM
this may be the coolest thing i have ever heard in my life btw

Harmonicdeth
07-19-2010, 02:55 PM
I was just curious if we do roll out mains for this, will they be tagged pvp forever? Or will you remove that at some point. I don't want to get griefed at some point later on.

But regardless

Half Elf Warrior Drukath

Walabaego
07-19-2010, 03:03 PM
Have to be the noob that asks for clarification on the character up for event, are we making new characters pvp flagged, or is this any character of choice becomes PVP flagged for this event?...

Either way, Walabaego - Human

Kambris
07-19-2010, 03:16 PM
Kambra - Wood Elf Rogue

I get the feeling I would be completely obliterated though, I'm only 36 ):

I was 37 last night but I couldn't solo the thaumaturgist in befallen so I lost my level.

Just goes to show how worthless rogues are until we're geared to the teeth I guess.

mixxit
07-19-2010, 03:21 PM
I was just curious if we do roll out mains for this, will they be tagged pvp forever? Or will you remove that at some point. I don't want to get griefed at some point later on.

But regardless

Half Elf Warrior Drukath

I can't see a problem removing your PVP flag later on if the character is present on this this list so yeah :-) not permanent!

Walabaego
07-19-2010, 03:24 PM
I can't see a problem removing your PVP flag later on if the character is present on this this list so yeah :-) not permanent!

Cool, thank ye kindly, this should be a lot of fun :)

utenan
07-19-2010, 03:31 PM
Kraddok - barbarian

yaaaflow
07-19-2010, 03:36 PM
Magicflow, human

rioisk
07-19-2010, 03:39 PM
Valas, high elf

kill the damn darkies

Malrubius
07-19-2010, 03:41 PM
As long as I can just play classic EQ while you guys are off galavanting, more power to ya. :p

dravyen
07-19-2010, 03:42 PM
Dravyen - Dark Elf

Brund the Decrepit
07-19-2010, 03:50 PM
Also if we no longer have the Book of Discord could a GM flick the 'PvP' switch on for this event?

Sounds VERY interesting

azeth
07-19-2010, 03:54 PM
Meepo - High Elf

Kashi - High Elf

we're both royalty

mixxit
07-19-2010, 03:54 PM
Also if we no longer have the Book of Discord could a GM flick the 'PvP' switch on for this event?

Sounds VERY interesting

Yeah, I can do that

Fists
07-19-2010, 03:57 PM
Fistss - Human

and for those that dont know.. you can get your discord/order tome at any time.. priest of discord is obvious, priest of order is in Qeynos (to unflag).

stormiejs
07-19-2010, 03:59 PM
I'd have to imagine that this is pretty racist (lol) and will be extremely imbalanced racially. I like the direction you are taking it, but I think it would have been cooler to stick with the concepts already implemented into EverQuest by doing team (good, evil, neutral) based or faction based.

But what the hell, it sounds awesome!

Stormie - Barbarian

I'm also extremely familiar with eqemu, programming, and web design, I could provide a lot for this! Send me a PM!

mixxit
07-19-2010, 04:00 PM
Current Stats:

Human Forces: 3
Human Royalty: None
Human Zones: East Freeport, North Freeport, West Freeport

Barbarian Forces: 3
Barbarian Clan Leader: None
Barbarian Zones: Halas

Erudite Forces: 0
Erudite Lord: None
Erudite Zones: Erudin, Erudin Palace

Half Elf Forces: 1
Half Elf Royalty: None
Half Elf Zones: Qeynos North, Qeynos South

Dark Elf Forces: 3
Dark Elf Royalty: None
Dark Elf Zones: Neriak Commons, Neriak Third Gate, Neriak Foreign Quarter

High Elf Forces: 3
High Elf Royalty: None
High Elf Zones: North Felwithe, South Felwithe

Wood Elf Forces: 2
Wood Elf Champion: None
Wood Elf Zones: Kelethin (Inner Greater Faydark)

Gnome Forces: 0
Gnome Royalty: None
Gnome Zones: Akanon

Dwarf Forces: 0
Dwarf Royalty: None
Dwarf Zones: Kaladim South, Kaladim North

Halfling Forces: 1
Halfling Royalty: None
Halfling Zones: Rivervale

Ogre Forces: 0
Ogre Overlord: None
Ogre Zones: Oggok

Troll Forces: 0
Troll General: None
Troll Zones: Grobb

Tseng
07-19-2010, 04:10 PM
Tseng - Human Druid

utenan
07-19-2010, 04:16 PM
I am interested in how the rules are going to go down
"After the leaders of the races have been announced the land grabs will begin. This is when the pvp races of the world will attempt to spread outwards from their capital cities and claim lands of other races. Races must move through adjacent zones and must not be cut off else they lose the subsequent zones connected (Ie if freeport has freeport to highkeep and the dark elves take the commonlands, freeport will lose commonlands, kithicor AND highkeep).

Each zone will have a specific 'game type' assigned to it. Ie Capture the Flag, Rescue the Damsel, Defend the Castle (ie XX minutes)

When a racial leader announces his intention to attack a zone a date and time is set and a referee will attend the event and update the official territory map once the event is completed."

(Jump starts the question-asking!) What if a zone is empty, or is full of people not participating. If my team is in halas, do we have to announce an attack on everfrost? prolly aint gonna be anyone there...same could go for any low populated zone.
Refering to the freeport scenario, when could the humans try to take back the commonlands, if ever? Also, what would be the rules on binding/ people coming back into a zone?

Also, any idea when this may start?

mixxit
07-19-2010, 04:21 PM
I am interested in how the rules are going to go down
"After the leaders of the races have been announced the land grabs will begin. This is when the pvp races of the world will attempt to spread outwards from their capital cities and claim lands of other races. Races must move through adjacent zones and must not be cut off else they lose the subsequent zones connected (Ie if freeport has freeport to highkeep and the dark elves take the commonlands, freeport will lose commonlands, kithicor AND highkeep).

When a racial leader announces his intention to attack a zone a date and time is set and a referee will attend the event and update the official territory map once the event is completed."

(Jump starts the question-asking!) What if a zone is empty, or is full of people not participating. If my team is in halas, do we have to announce an attack on everfrost? prolly aint gonna be anyone there...same could go for any low populated zone.
Refering to the freeport scenario, when could the humans try to take back the commonlands, if ever? Also, what would be the rules on binding/ people coming back into a zone?

Also, any idea when this may start?

This is great, this is exactly what we need to discuss and the referee team needs to go over.

I would say that initially yes Halas would have to announce that they are taking Everfrost. At this point, if Qeynos or any other racial city is not already planning the same move the next day the zone becomes theirs without any effort involved except waiting. (Since it's not contested).

utenan
07-19-2010, 04:24 PM
I guess my question was based off of the fact that humans would be in Freeport and not Qeynos, makes sense now though. So this event could take a while, and we dont have to be in the zone 24/7, only when the time of the attack rolls around?

mixxit
07-19-2010, 04:26 PM
Half Elf would be qeynos and Kelethin would be a fake 'sub zone' of Gfaydark

Maurk
07-19-2010, 04:26 PM
Wouldn't half elves be sorta with humans?
and wouldn't it make more sense to make say, ogres n trolls and dark elves one team for example?
just a thought,
would make each side have more population imo (bigger war)

but hey i dig

Arkenius lvl 35 paladin, half elf

Aandolaf
07-19-2010, 04:29 PM
Flant - Wood Elf

mixxit
07-19-2010, 04:29 PM
The idea was to let the Leaders decide who they allied with to give you guys a bit more flexibility on the combination of classes and abilities available to your armies

Diplomacy is just as important as the combat!

stormiejs
07-19-2010, 04:31 PM
I'd love to hear some more specifics about how this is going to work. If this is still up in the air, here are some of my questions:

How many zones can you announce to attack at the same time? Is there going to be a limit on how many people can be sent to defend or attack a zone? How exactly is this going to be level balanced?

Why wouldn't people just send a ton of level 50s (especially pet classes) to ravish the city on the first day, especially if they know they have more (and better geared) players on their team.

For example, Erudin has no hope. lol

nerfed
07-19-2010, 04:33 PM
Nerfed - dwarf

utenan
07-19-2010, 04:34 PM
You have to attack an adjecant zone, so no city could attack another city the first day. I don't se how it could be level balanced....

As far as how many zones you can go after, I say if they are adjacent to you then you can go for them, just gotta be careful that your aren't splitting your army to fight 2 diff ones : p i think tht the less rules that we have, the more different strategies could be utilized, but of course theres needs to be some rules, like i think everyone should be bound in their home city, and if you die in a battle you can't go back for that particular fight ( perhaps after to get your corpse )

mixxit
07-19-2010, 04:40 PM
I think he means after Erudin takes ErudsXing they would naturally have to face Qeynos.

In this event I would probably say that if they decide to Ally then Erudin would be able to Leap-Frog Qeynos while ever they were allied.

The alliance would need to be declared a day in advance to the referees and declared when it was broken.

If the alliance is dropped any subsequent zones the Erudites used would be lost. Ie if they had taken Karana by leap frogging Qeynos then they would lose the karanas.

Alternatively the Erudites could crush Qeynos and claim it for themselves

utenan
07-19-2010, 04:44 PM
I am confused about the leap frogging. if they allied they would be working together right? no need to leap frog qeynos at that point....and if qeynos lost their city, what would they do then, loose i guess lol.. I am already swamped with the diff scenarios that could take place heh

Maurk
07-19-2010, 04:45 PM
well i'm for alliances especially
being that it would make this much easier to manage,
instead of each race being their own team.
having "united" armies would be so much cooler

otherwise, it will be very unbalanced, seeing that some races are used more than others

and make the war about fighting for antonica.
that would be so epic imo

either way im down though :D

mixxit
07-19-2010, 04:46 PM
Qeynos arrange an alliance with the Erudites
The Erudites agree and it is declared to the refeerees

The Erudites can now jump over their alliance zones (1 per day) without needing to attack them

If the alliance is broken though they would lose all the zones they took beyond the alliance zone (since the connection would be broken)

utenan
07-19-2010, 04:53 PM
What is Qeynos getting out of this?? I mean, if qeynos didn't want to ally then erudites are still screwed

mixxit
07-19-2010, 04:54 PM
Guarantee that they won't be fucked from behind while Halas approaches?

utenan
07-19-2010, 04:57 PM
Good point, im gonna stop now and dwell on this idea : D

Greenwood
07-19-2010, 05:00 PM
In.

Greenwood - Wood Elves

r0xx0r
07-19-2010, 05:08 PM
you're all gonna burn,

Xou - Erudite

mixxit
07-19-2010, 05:11 PM
Current Stats:

Human Forces: ####

Barbarian Forces: ###

Erudite Forces: #

Half Elf Forces: ##

Dark Elf Forces: ####

High Elf Forces: ###

Wood Elf Forces: #####

Gnome Forces: #

Dwarf Forces: #

Halfling Forces: ##

stormiejs
07-19-2010, 05:12 PM
Sounds like a difficult system for players to handle without it being enforced. The only reason certain cities have with alliances is because they'll just get destroyed early on (or the inevitable later).

I was talking more or less about overall imbalances such as unfair positioning, gear/levels, and amount of players on your team. It's obvious that some races are going to have more people than others.

Some examples of my point:

- Ak'anon is 1 zone away from another city and can't progress without taking gfay.
- Felwithe can't progress without taking gfay.
- Kelethin can't progress without taking gfay.
- Kaladim is 1 zone away from two cities (gfay and freeport) and elves/gnomes can't progress unless butcherblock is taken. Nor can humans progress on Faydwer without taking out the dwarves first.

Under the assumption that all of these races create an alliance (in reality, one or two of those will get slaughtered immediately), they are then pretty much going to destroy the humans because there is no way for them to progress without taking freeport.

The same idea goes for Halas, Erudin, and Qeynos.

Then you have Grobb and Oggok sitting happily 6 zones away from having to interfere with anyone. It makes sense with them and Rivervale because there are numerous ways around it and there are numerous ways to attack it.

I'm not saying this can't work, infact, I think it'd be really interesting to see how it would play out.

HippoNipple
07-19-2010, 05:14 PM
To those who don't know how to turn on pvp without a book of discord, or to those that are scared to not be able to turn back to a blue after the pvp:

There is already a "priest of order" that can change you back from pvp flagged in the game. If you don't have a book of discord you can just hail the priest of discord and get one.

The info below is a picture and quote from Shrubwise.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=225&stc=1&d=1278042036

I went PvP two days ago.
Today I traveled to North Qeynos. If you're looking straight at the Qeynos city gate, you run to the right side, newb area.
"Remove PvP" grants you Bluebie status again.

(Proof)

mixxit
07-19-2010, 05:18 PM
Sounds like a difficult system for players to handle without it being enforced. The only reason certain cities have with alliances is because they'll just get destroyed early on (or the inevitable later).

I was talking more or less about overall imbalances such as unfair positioning, gear/levels, and amount of players on your team. It's obvious that some races are going to have more people than others.

Some examples of my point:

- Ak'anon is 1 zone away from another city and can't progress without taking gfay.
- Felwithe can't progress without taking gfay.
- Kelethin can't progress without taking gfay.
- Kaladim is 1 zone away from two cities (gfay and freeport) and elves/gnomes can't progress unless butcherblock is taken. Nor can humans progress on Faydwer without taking out the dwarves first.

Under the assumption that all of these races create an alliance (in reality, one or two of those will get slaughtered immediately), they are then pretty much going to destroy the humans because there is no way for them to progress without taking freeport.

The same idea goes for Halas, Erudin, and Qeynos.

Then you have Grobb and Oggok sitting happily 6 zones away from having to interfere with anyone. It makes sense with them and Rivervale because there are numerous ways around it and there are numerous ways to attack it.

I'm not saying this can't work, infact, I think it'd be really interesting to see how it would play out.

I think that's the idea we modify the ruleset each iteration of the game. For example if this becomes a really big problem we could introduce the idea that if you take say a zone with Wizard spires you can attack Tox, Karana in one move.

stormiejs
07-19-2010, 05:18 PM
Interesting!

mixxit
07-19-2010, 05:20 PM
One thing we have to consider is this is the actual sitation in the world today. So it correctly emulates why the gnomes/dwarves and elves are allied and why they have a loose alliance with the humans.

HippoNipple
07-19-2010, 05:24 PM
On a side note about game mechanics - can I jump in on a fight that doesn't include gnomes if I'm a gnome necro since I'm racist against against High Elves? I don't mind if I don't get any reward I just want to make chaos.

This could go on farther and if a certain race was taken out by another. For instance if the humans took out the dwarfs in BB, the dwarfs could help take BB back with the light elves as the dark elfs took East Commons. Even though the dwarfs could get nothing out of this fight since they already lost they would at least get the satisfaction of screwing over the humans that took them out originally.

mixxit
07-19-2010, 05:39 PM
alliances should definately be allowed to participate but maybe even non-alligned pvpers could join in

it really depends on what everyone wants so we can modify the ruleset accordingly

in EQ2 they had a 'gray' team of players too who were 'underground' and were allied with no one

Kraftwerk
07-19-2010, 05:46 PM
The idea was to let the Leaders decide who they allied with to give you guys a bit more flexibility on the combination of classes and abilities available to your armies

Diplomacy is just as important as the combat!

Firstly - The concept of controlling a port zone as access to launch an attack on any subsequent port zone = genius. Think of backdooring Neriak by invading Lavastorm.

Secondly - Should a race lose control of all zones including home city, they are then subsequently removed from the War and all character's of that race must bow before the current owner's of their homecity in bondage.

Thirdly - My diplomatic proposition as Dark Elf Royalty should my opinion be of concern to our racial leader:

It goes without saying that Neriak is the most powerful and glorious city seen on the face of Norrath. It is the Rome of this world and we Dark Elves are it's Roman. As such, I feel there can be no true alliance between us and the Trolls and Ogres. But fret not my darkly inclined, albeit intellectually inferior, brethren. I propose that you join forces with what will assuredly be the superpower of this world, Dark Elves, as vassal states officially. While you will never be true equals you can still partake in our glorious achievements as we tread a warpath outwards from the glory that is Neriak! Should you take our mighty race and empire up on this offer it will be in your best interests!

getsome
07-19-2010, 05:49 PM
Getsome Defender of Rivervale at your services

whitebandit
07-19-2010, 05:53 PM
Kite - Wood Elf Druid

Yoite
07-19-2010, 05:56 PM
Ahhhh which toon to choose. Well i guess i better go with Yoite since hes 50.

Yoite - Dark Elf.

Kraftwerk
07-19-2010, 05:56 PM
Thinking of more things currently:

When making a claim for a territory all involved parties must be arranged prior to battle ensuing, meaning there can be temporary alliances. In a scenario where Dark Elves are assaulting EC, Humans can choose to oppose but also if Gfay is owned by HE then they attack and own Nro though portal they can choose to oppose as well so it could be:

Dark Elven Supreme Empire v. Lowly Human Dogs v. Filthy High Elf Aristocracy

one battle and one winner

Also, second thought. A side group of gray Brigands. They can claimno territory but either choose freely or have their services purchased to aid a Racial Power anywhere in challenging a territory.

rioisk
07-19-2010, 05:59 PM
To be honest I think races should be clumped together. I don't think it's very fair/inclusive to make races such as barbarian stand alone due to the lack of class choices + rarity of race.

I think the event should encompass a evil/neutral/good element or race archtypes such as:

elf: half elf, wood elf, high elf
dark: ogre, troll, dark elf
human: barbarian, human, erudite
small: dwarf, gnome, halfling

or good/neutral/evil:

evil: dark elf, ogre, troll, erudite
neutral: human, halfling, gnome, barbarian
good: dwarf, high elf, wood elf, half elf

HippoNipple
07-19-2010, 06:04 PM
oh yeah and my pvp char

Hipponipple - Gnome

Only level 19 but since I come from a pvp background that probably boosts me to the potential of a level 40 vs you suckers, possibly higher if going against a dwarf!

And on a side note I never realized that my avatar of me dressed as pappa smurf for Halloween actually makes me look like a gnome.

mixxit
07-19-2010, 06:30 PM
Current Stats:

Human Forces: ####

Barbarian Forces: ###

Erudite Forces: #

Half Elf Forces: ##

Dark Elf Forces: ####

Wood Elf Forces: #####

Gnome Forces: #

Dwarf Forces: #

Halfling Forces: ##

PhelanKA
07-19-2010, 07:08 PM
Here's an idea from a bit of a RP and mechanics viewpoint: For evil races how about the PVP be FFA but throw out the need to hold connecting zones? Just an idea.

Oxoo - Dark Elf btw.

Otto
07-19-2010, 07:18 PM
Otto- Halfling

dekanon
07-19-2010, 07:27 PM
demanon- human

Evorix
07-19-2010, 07:41 PM
Evorix - dwarf

Diogene
07-19-2010, 07:42 PM
Pauillac, Dark Elf

Jify
07-19-2010, 08:11 PM
Doug - Half Elf

P.S. - Barbarians will be the first to fall!

Jete
07-19-2010, 08:18 PM
Jete - Woodelf

utenan
07-19-2010, 08:31 PM
Doug - Half Elf

P.S. - Barbarians will be the first to fall!

Well, that's debatable

Two bards, a druid, and a ranger aren't going to best the barbarian clan that easily! hahaha /roleplay off

There is no good way to clump races together : ( if you do good / bad/ neutral, everyone is spread out amongst different cities, making a zone by zone thing kind of impossible. If you clump races together by geography ( Ie humans, dark elfs, halflings) ( or erudites, half elves, barbarians ) You get mixed factions, and some races seem left out ( ogres trolls? ). The single race seems a bit messy as well, but maybe the best option depending on how the event turns out.....

heyokah
07-19-2010, 09:41 PM
Stringtheory- Erudite

Foreheads Unite!

Nedala
07-19-2010, 10:57 PM
Do i loose anything when i die in pvp? Items/exp?

Im also a bit scared of corpse camping

I would join with my main but only if there is guaranteed i dont loose anything (exp,items,corpse)

PhelanKA
07-19-2010, 11:10 PM
Do i loose anything when i die in pvp? Items/exp?

Im also a bit scared of corpse camping

I would join with my main but only if there is guaranteed i dont loose anything (exp,items,corpse)

EQ PVP is not for the faint of heart, much like the rest of the game. You lose any coin you're carrying and any one NO DROP item that is "unbagged" (meaning it's on your body or in a free inventory slot. Empty bags included).

Corpse camping was always strictly prohibited though on all the PVP servers. On Live I remember it went on first offensr : a warning, second offense: 1 week suspension, and third offense: permaban.

Personally, I won't participate if it's any different than the above mentioned. (Edit: Except since there isn't probably as permanent GM presence as on live I'd prefer permaban on second offense for corpse camping)

Nedala
07-19-2010, 11:16 PM
EQ PVP is not for the faint of heart, much like the rest of the game. You lose any coin you're carrying and any one NO DROP item that is "unbagged" (meaning it's on your body or in a free inventory slot. Empty bags included).

Corpse camping was always strictly prohibited though on all the PVP servers. On Live I remember it went on first offensr : a warning, second offense: 1 week suspension, and third offense: permaban.

Personally, I won't participate if it's any different than the above mentioned. (Edit: Except since there isn't probably as permanent GM presence as on live I'd prefer permaban on second offense for corpse camping)

In that case i wont join that event .....i dont plan to loose any gear on a blue server to a fun event.

Spud
07-19-2010, 11:39 PM

thats how it was on the Pvp servers, i dont see why it would necessarily be that way here. Its not that way for capture the flag for instance.

magic
07-19-2010, 11:48 PM
ROFL @ Erudite Forces being in black text. Ridiculous coincidence? I think not.

Humwawa
07-19-2010, 11:56 PM
Athiyk Phor`Phalar, the Bloody Hand of Innoruuk.

Dark Elf.

Murphy
07-20-2010, 12:03 AM
Halflings of the world unite! It's Time to bring the might of the Vale to bear, and destroy those who wish to defile the fatherland! It is our destiny to hoist the flag of Rivervale from the Karanas to the Commonlands. If the lesser races want a war, then a war they shall have!

Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Mayor Gubbin!

--Col. Digole Bicks

Nedala
07-20-2010, 12:12 AM
Halflings of the world unite! It's Time to bring the might of the Vale to bear, and destroy those who wish to defile the fatherland! It is our destiny to hoist the flag of Rivervale from the Karanas to the Commonlands. If the lesser races want a war, then a war they shall have!

Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Mayor Gubbin!

--Col. Digole Bicks

Nazi??

utenan
07-20-2010, 12:18 AM
I seriously doubt you would loose anything for an "event" ( this is not a pvp server )

Murphy
07-20-2010, 12:21 AM
Nazi??

What is this Nazi? This is Norrath woman, and Norrath's finest reside in Rivervale -- You may call me a proud Rivervale Nationalist!

Humwawa
07-20-2010, 12:28 AM
This world will burn.

...starting with the midgets.

PhelanKA
07-20-2010, 12:49 AM
In that case i wont join that event .....i dont plan to loose any gear on a blue server to a fun event.

I think that was one of the major reasons for the the antipathy between the Rallos Zek server and all others. It had a major impact on the playerbase. Major is probably a loose term here. The difference between RZ and other servers was like night and day. On RZ you would never see a level one sporting an SMR, but maybe a GBS because you could not loot handheld items from a PVP kill. The presence of a player market in the EC tunnel was nonexistant as well. Any kind of player driven market was hesitantly run at a city level, and I say "hesitantly" because I was personally involved in a few heists where high plat items were offered but a robbery in the bank for the plat offered was the actual intention.

Tseng
07-20-2010, 01:16 AM
I seriously doubt you would loose anything for an "event" ( this is not a pvp server )

^ I would hope not, especially where strategy may dictate taking a death or two.

Kaluut
07-20-2010, 04:03 AM
Flemming - Gnome

Rael
07-20-2010, 05:36 AM
Any kind of player driven market was hesitantly run at a city level, and I say "hesitantly" because I was personally involved in a few heists where high plat items were offered but a robbery in the bank for the plat offered was the actual intention.

That sounds awesome. Sometimes I lament never playing on a pvp server.

Uaellaen
07-20-2010, 05:40 AM
Uaellaen - Dark Elf

Zordana
07-20-2010, 06:33 AM
Ogre - Rumzuck

and this sounds really awesome!!

and this sounds

Nedala
07-20-2010, 06:49 AM
Ok im in since i heard its like /duel and you cant loose anything :)

Woodelf - Nedala lvl 50

Rael
07-20-2010, 06:58 AM
Rael - Wood Elf

guineapig
07-20-2010, 07:33 AM
Chicanery - Human.

Barthorn
07-20-2010, 08:40 AM
Barthorn - DWARF

Koota
07-20-2010, 08:46 AM
Koota - Dark Elf Enchanter

Frankee
07-20-2010, 08:58 AM
Babroon - Ogre Warrior

zeval31
07-20-2010, 09:25 AM
Styrdaryl - Erudite necro

Swishahouse
07-20-2010, 09:40 AM
Swishahouse - Barbo

danks
07-20-2010, 03:49 PM
Mids / Woodelf

Kraftwerk
07-20-2010, 04:38 PM
I have a quick questions.

Since home cities are the origin of a race's combat operations, when they are conquered the race is eliminated. Now in terms of victory, would that require you to control all territories as stated, which would take a long time. Or just to eliminate all competition?

Also any word on wether Druid rings/Wizard spires can be used for launching combat operations into connecting zones? If this becomes part of ruleset I've got some good strategies for our Dark Elven Empire, or should Ogres and Trolls accept being vassal states, our Evil Empire, One Nation under Innoruk.

Skeletonya
07-20-2010, 04:59 PM
Emoqq, Troll Shadder Nite! FOR GROBB!

Fromage
07-20-2010, 05:13 PM
Kalmy - Half Elf Paladin

HippoNipple
07-20-2010, 05:41 PM
I have a quick questions.

Since home cities are the origin of a race's combat operations, when they are conquered the race is eliminated. Now in terms of victory, would that require you to control all territories as stated, which would take a long time. Or just to eliminate all competition?

Also any word on wether Druid rings/Wizard spires can be used for launching combat operations into connecting zones? If this becomes part of ruleset I've got some good strategies for our Dark Elven Empire, or should Ogres and Trolls accept being vassal states, our Evil Empire, One Nation under Innoruk.

I think the best scenario would be for a time limit (2-4 weeks) and the team with the most zones at the end wins. If you lose your home town you are defeated and therefore cannot own any zones and the ones you did own turn into neutral zones for the taking. Having a time limit would help avoid stalemates and allow the losers to get back into the action quicker.

Starklen
07-20-2010, 05:43 PM
Starklen - gnome

Sadad
07-20-2010, 08:07 PM
Sadad - Erudite

Diogene
07-21-2010, 06:04 AM
Cant wait to see more people in this event. Everyone should join : P

Also, wouldn't it be better to see a faction war than a race war? It would probably balance the class/race problem... ie DE/troll/Ogre/Erudite vs Human/barbarian/half elf vs Woodelf/highelf/dwarf...

+ crush the Gnomes alltogether on spare time. It would be nice :D

mixxit
07-21-2010, 09:20 AM
Current Stats:

Human Forces: ######

Barbarian Forces: ####

Erudite Forces: ####

Half Elf Forces: ####

Dark Elf Forces: #########

Wood Elf Forces: ########

Gnome Forces: ###

Dwarf Forces: ###

Halfling Forces: ###

Ogre Forces: ##

Troll Forces: #

Nedala
07-21-2010, 11:00 AM
Some poeple should make it public at EC tunnel. i think many people who would join this dont read the forums.

melkortshea
07-21-2010, 01:19 PM
I think this is a fantastic idea and I love PVP. Some of my most fond memories are from my days in Pax Norathia on Talon Zek.

Sadly my highest level character is still only lvl 9 (just deleveled to 8 but will get back to 9 soon).

Since I really don't have a higher level character to engage in the fine warfare I would like apply as a Ref.

My qualifications are as follows..

1. I am fairly new to this server and do not belong to any guild. As such I would not have any bias towards any people or guilds.

2. I have much experience in holding large scale events from other MMO's. For example, after I left EQ back in 2002 I went to DAOC and have lead raids with about 170+ people. I help Role play events such a carnival days on ther Hibernia Nimue server. Such events held mini games such as duels, races ect that brought in many people and would run for an entire afternoon.

3. I am still an active leader in a guild that is over 8 years old (Roisin Dubh) and we have held a presence in many games over the years and have managed to still hold on to much of our original player base while also still bringing in new members. This has always been a large guild and we are famous for being a very fair and comunity friendly guild.

4. I also have been the Mod for large forums such as the old percimue forum form DAOC and also still run my own guilds website www.roisin-dubh.com.

5. I am a mature person who does not bitch and cry about stuff. I enjoy taking an issue and finding the best resolution where all people involved walk away at least feeling that they had a fair hearing in regards to their issue.

As mentioned before I have a ton of PVP experience. I have played EQ Talon Zek and Ralos Zek, DAOC, Warhammer, EQ2 Venekor PVP server (Nilbog did you play on that server also because your name is familiar ? ) and many more.

My work hours are Mon - Fri 9-5:30. So with my consistent schedule I would hope I could attend these events and assist as a ref.

Thanks in advance for any consideration.

Current Characters: Dolahn Lvl 9ish druid (main) & Sevlar Lvl 8 Pally (alt)

My wife holds the same qualifications and I am sure she would be willing to assist as well if needed.

rioisk
07-21-2010, 01:37 PM
I think this is a fantastic idea and I love PVP. Some of my most fond memories are from my days in Pax Norathia on Talon Zek.

Sadly my highest level character is still only lvl 9 (just deleveled to 8 but will get back to 9 soon).

Since I really don't have a higher level character to engage in the fine warfare I would like apply as a Ref.

My qualifications are as follows..

1. I am fairly new to this server and do not belong to any guild. As such I would not have any bias towards any people or guilds.

2. I have much experience in holding large scale events from other MMO's. For example, after I left EQ back in 2002 I went to DAOC and have lead raids with about 170+ people. I help Role play events such a carnival days on ther Hibernia Nimue server. Such events held mini games such as duels, races ect that brought in many people and would run for an entire afternoon.

3. I am still an active leader in a guild that is over 8 years old (Roisin Dubh) and we have held a presence in many games over the years and have managed to still hold on to much of our original player base while also still bringing in new members. This has always been a large guild and we are famous for being a very fair and comunity friendly guild.

4. I also have been the Mod for large forums such as the old percimue forum form DAOC and also still run my own guilds website www.roisin-dubh.com.

5. I am a mature person who does not bitch and cry about stuff. I enjoy taking an issue and finding the best resolution where all people involved walk away at least feeling that they had a fair hearing in regards to their issue.

As mentioned before I have a ton of PVP experience. I have played EQ Talon Zek and Ralos Zek, DAOC, Warhammer, EQ2 Venekor PVP server (Nilbog did you play on that server also because your name is familiar ? ) and many more.

My work hours are Mon - Fri 9-5:30. So with my consistent schedule I would hope I could attend these events and assist as a ref.

Thanks in advance for any consideration.

Current Characters: Dolahn Lvl 9ish druid (main) & Sevlar Lvl 8 Pally (alt)

My wife holds the same qualifications and I am sure she would be willing to assist as well if needed.

lol@resume for virtual job.

rioisk
07-21-2010, 01:44 PM

Although it's unlikely we'll lose gear I do suggest a cool idea to make the PVPing more interesting.

Include some sort of token carried by players that others can loot/collect. If you die you lose all your tokens to your killer.

Make everybody start out with 1 token and tokens are gained by capturing zones IE everybody involved in the capturing of a zone gains a token (something along these lines).

Regardless of what race wins the game in the end the token system can be an alternate path to victory for individuals. I think this system would increase the complexity of the warfare because now individuals are out for themselves even within their own race while they're also out to win as a collective race.

melkortshea
07-21-2010, 02:10 PM

2) If you are interested in joining the staff who will run this please post your details below and your experience running events or other skills you can bring (ie web design,m community management)

3) Get involved in the ruleset discussion on this thread

---

Cheers!

Mixxit

Hey Rioisk, just doing what was asked for those interested in assisting. :)
Besides I had a slow moment at work and it was a good time to post it.

Sarkhan
07-21-2010, 03:08 PM
Hatred shall burn a path across Norrath the likes the feeble races have never seen

Tiek - Teir`Dal (Dark Elf)

lyyfeleech
07-21-2010, 03:52 PM
Lyyfeleech--gnome

Goobles
07-21-2010, 03:56 PM
Goobles - > Gnome

Nedala
07-21-2010, 07:24 PM
bump for moar awesome war

Aposi
07-21-2010, 07:51 PM
Aposi - Gnome

bowl
07-21-2010, 11:12 PM
bowlbe-DARK ELF

Comapavik
07-22-2010, 04:26 PM
Comapavik - Troll

Kaluut
07-23-2010, 05:43 AM
http://threadbomb.us/com/gallery/1_09_12_07_9_25_23.gif

Remiel
07-23-2010, 08:55 AM
Shiho - Dark Elf

Altrum
07-23-2010, 01:05 PM
Altrum - Gnome

iamjack
07-23-2010, 02:15 PM
taichi human

mixxit
07-23-2010, 05:38 PM
eek sorry been in london last two days let me count these up!

Current Stats:

Human Forces: #######

Barbarian Forces: ####

Erudite Forces: ####

Half Elf Forces: ####

Dark Elf Forces: ############

Wood Elf Forces: ########

Gnome Forces: #######

Dwarf Forces: ###

Halfling Forces: ###

Ogre Forces: ##

Troll Forces: ##

mimixownzall
07-23-2010, 10:41 PM

Not all servers were like this.

On Sullon Zek you lost all coin on you and you lost exp if you died to someone (or their pet) who was even or lower level. Corpse camping was also allowed. In newb zones anyone under level 7 was safe, but once you left your newb zone you were free game to any level.

Uaellaen
07-24-2010, 08:30 AM
Not all servers were like this.

On Sullon Zek you lost all coin on you and you lost exp if you died to someone (or their pet) who was even or lower level. Corpse camping was also allowed. In newb zones anyone under level 7 was safe, but once you left your newb zone you were free game to any level.

on blue servers (PvE) like this one the PvP flag is basicly just an open /duel invitation with as many other PvP flaged people at once as possible ... you can NOT loot any coin or items ...

Chicka
07-24-2010, 09:23 AM
shrt - halfling

Though I do wonder what me and the other 3 halfling clerics are going to do against the DE horde.

Otto
07-24-2010, 04:42 PM
shrt - halfling

Though I do wonder what me and the other 3 halfling clerics are going to do against the DE horde.

3 clerics keep me alive and dispelled... GO DMG WOOO

edit: oh wait.. pvp melee damage is negligible... we're fucked.

Spud
07-24-2010, 04:48 PM
+1 halfling, druid

mixxit
07-24-2010, 07:58 PM
Hi everyone

Step 1

To make my life easier please sign up here: http://worldwar.gamerservices.net/register

Step 2

Then please edit your Race, Character name and Level in the profile editor once you have signed up. A link is here: http://worldwar.gamerservices.net/members/admin/profile/edit/

----

If you would like to run for racial elections (leader/royalty)

Please tick the box with yes. You may now begin campaigning with your race to convince them to vote for you. Once the election is about to take place an email will be sent to all of your race.

If you would like to be a referee

Please tick the box with yes. We will contact you by email.

Sinlea
07-24-2010, 10:06 PM
Vittra - Human

stefblac
07-24-2010, 10:10 PM
Count me in! Vote for Stefan Happypet, your new High Elf overlord!

Uaellaen
07-24-2010, 10:18 PM
mixxit ...

I would like to run for leadership of my race (required) Yes No both boxes keep getting checked, i click one off, save the profile, and again both boxes are checked ;)

mixxit
07-24-2010, 10:28 PM
fixed! thanks :)

stefblac
07-24-2010, 10:31 PM
Have leaders already been decided on?

h0tr0d (shaere)
07-24-2010, 10:35 PM
Shaere - human

this has real potential

mixxit
07-24-2010, 10:35 PM
no the elections will take place as soon as we have 15+ for the race in question

you can begin campaigning for your leadership immediately though (i recommend east commonlands)

stefblac
07-24-2010, 10:41 PM
The reason I ask is that I cant seem to select yes under the leadership question. every time I choose yes and save the changes it automatically reverts to no for some reason

mixxit
07-24-2010, 10:53 PM
try it now?

stefblac
07-24-2010, 11:09 PM
still no good:(

mixxit
07-24-2010, 11:43 PM
try now, added some tabs for it

Holey
07-24-2010, 11:48 PM
Holey - High Elf.
Waants to be refereeee!
*cant find the page to check for referee :/ *

mixxit
07-25-2010, 12:01 AM
its a tab in the profile page :)

stefblac
07-25-2010, 12:06 AM
got it, works great now!

Bruster
07-25-2010, 12:13 AM
trapt - barbarian

all my hairy and tatoo'd friends, let's take this land and make it ours!

quido
07-25-2010, 12:14 AM
Jeremy - Barbarian

mixxit
07-25-2010, 12:19 AM
No need to add your names here guys just set it in your profile

Hasbinbad
07-25-2010, 12:43 AM
ATTENTION ALL DWARVES!!!!

Go vote for HASBINBAD, King of Dwarves!! (..as soon as Mixxit makes that possible!!) :P

Holey
07-25-2010, 02:02 AM
ATTENTION ALL DWARVES!!!!

Go vote for HASBINBAD, King of Dwarves!! (..as soon as Mixxit makes that possible!!) :P

need 15+ people for your race..
better go start recruiting!

mixxit
07-25-2010, 03:15 AM
humans are at 14 already!

Chicka
07-25-2010, 04:42 AM
humans are at 14 already!

Yea, this is the biggest problem I see: the races neither have balanced classes nor balanced distributions. Alliances will amount to delaying the inevitable.

This IS a cool idea. I'd just like us halflings to not get crushed on day one :)

Perhaps if alliances made were permanent and irrevocable then things would work out.

mixxit
07-25-2010, 09:11 AM
Added a ruleset page

This will be worked on by the referees and the people who have joined the group.

http://worldwar.gamerservices.net/ruleset

Gamkek
07-25-2010, 10:35 AM
Gamkek, Troll Shadowknight!

mixxit
07-25-2010, 10:54 AM
Gamkek, Troll Shadowknight!

Don't need to post here any more just register and set your race/name etc :-)

Jete
07-25-2010, 12:06 PM
Hey Mixxit,
Awesome job on getting this all organized man, I don't know if ill be able to participate too much, but I think this is an awesome idea.

Nedala
07-25-2010, 12:16 PM
Don't need to post here any more just register and set your race/name etc :-)

register..where? i dont get it

mixxit
07-25-2010, 12:23 PM
register..where? i dont get it

What to do now?

Step 1

Step 2

Then please edit your Race, Character name and Level in the profile editor once you have signed up. A link is here: http://worldwar.gamerservices.net/me.../profile/edit/

mixxit
07-25-2010, 12:28 PM
Force Sizes

Human: 16
Barbarian: 4
Erudite: 2
Wood Elf: 3
High Elf: 4
Dark Elf: 8
Half Elf: 1
Dwarf: 3
Troll: 2
Ogre: 0
Halfling: 2
Gnome: 0
Recent Com

mixxit
07-25-2010, 12:29 PM
Human Royalty

Barbarian Clan Leader

Erudite Lord Inquisitor

Wood Elf Royalty

High Elf Royalty

Dark Elf Royalty

Half Elf President

Dwarven King

Troll General

Ogre Overlord

Halfling Mayor

Gnome Royalty

Nedala
07-25-2010, 12:34 PM
I was listed as "human" but i choosed "wood elf" on registration. I believe thats the only reason there 15 humans already because many didnt notice they were changed to humans.

Alsmo im not able too look the members of any forces up. It always says "sorry, no members were found" when i click on the number of any race.

mixxit
07-25-2010, 12:35 PM
Just change it :-)

Nedala
07-25-2010, 12:45 PM
Just change it :-)

I did of course. Just saying i think there a lot "fake" humans.

They already dropped to 14.

mixxit
07-25-2010, 12:53 PM
Who would follow such a pathetic race anyway imho

They will feel the HEEL of the half elven empire

Mountaineer
07-25-2010, 01:10 PM
50 Troll Shaman running for Trollie Gubenor!

Blazed420
07-25-2010, 02:34 PM
I think for the reward the race should ask for kunark and sky to be released as is!!!!

Holey
07-25-2010, 04:26 PM
Force Sizes

Human: 16[a couple of these ARE ELVES!!] so its not 16!
Barbarian: 4
Erudite: 2
Wood Elf: 3
High Elf: 4
Half Elf: 1
Troll: 2
Ogre: 0
Halfling: 2
Gnome: 0
Recent Com

Noleafclover
07-25-2010, 04:56 PM
Ennui 50 monk... guess my race.

It's on! Sell me 3 blue diamonds and 2 jacinths and I may show you mercy. Prolly not.

mixxit
07-25-2010, 05:05 PM
Cast your votes with the official referees in Game:

http://worldwar.gamerservices.net/referees

Voting ends on the 1st of August and leaders are announced on the 2nd!

laledorm
07-25-2010, 05:10 PM
Laledorm 50 Barbarian ***Vote for me Barbarians we rule by the Six Hammers and from the Tribunal !!! ***

Supreme
07-25-2010, 05:10 PM
Supreme, the tall fellow, a cabbage washer, renowned bixie slayer, rescuer of corpses, rover of Kith Forest (during the day), practical motivator, thief of Innoruuk, shotcaller of Transcendence and THE Rivervale Badass is running for Mayor of Rivervale to represent the Halflings!

I offer security in numbers, a chicken in every pot and a loaf of bread in every oven!

Vote smart..vote Supreme!

Swarws
07-25-2010, 05:12 PM
Swarws 50 Cleric High elf for High Elf Royalty!

Hasbinbad
07-25-2010, 05:40 PM
shotcaller of Transcendence

mixxit
07-25-2010, 05:48 PM
Human: 12
Barbarian: 6
Erudite: 3
Wood Elf: 6
High Elf: 10
Half Elf: 3
Ogre: 2
Halfling: 6
Gnome: 1

Human Royalty

Barbarian Clan Leader
Electoral Candidate laledorm - Character: Leader of Barbarians

Erudite Lord Inquisitor
No candidates put forward

Wood Elf Royalty

High Elf Royalty

Dark Elf Royalty

Half Elf President

Dwarven King

Troll General

Ogre Overlord

Halfling Mayor
Electoral Candidate maddpierrot - Character: Andy

Gnome Royalty

Spud
07-25-2010, 05:52 PM
I registered but i am having trouble logging in. When i enter username and pw nothing happens.

a guild member is having the same issue.

mixxit
07-25-2010, 05:58 PM
you should receive the password via email

Spud
07-25-2010, 06:01 PM
you should receive the password via email

ah yes, working now.

thanks

Noleafclover
07-25-2010, 06:01 PM
I registered but i am having trouble logging in. When i enter username and pw nothing happens.

a guild member is having the same issue.

There's a confirmation/activation e-mail you have to click, like most sites, just wasn't mentioned in the sign-up process. So it's a lil confusing.

Sirelk
07-25-2010, 06:16 PM
I'll do my best to join in, but you may be doing most of your battling while I'm on a business trip.

mixxit
07-25-2010, 06:19 PM
Current Ruleset

Ruleset

Current Version: 0.01

Deployment
———–
A leader of an army may only deploy his troops to an adjacent occupied zone.

If the zone is contested the next day a battle will commence between the forces involved.

An army may spend no more than 700 points deploying his troops in a battle zone.

If an army is deployed in a zone that is not contested they will automatically take it the following day.

Alliances may ‘leap-frog’ over a zone with no battle if it belongs to an ally during that turn. However they must still pay the movement cost of one day. If their alliance is broken any unconnected zones will be lost.

Resources

Each zone secured by a race will generate 50 supplyline resources per day which may be used to initiate battles.

Every battle allows for you to spend up to a maximum of 700 supplyline resources.

Moving troops between zones is currently free.

Alliances

Alliances may be declared once a races army reaches an adjacent tile to the race in question. It takes 1 day for an alliance to be configured. You must declare the alliance to a referee.

Alliances take one day to break. Alliances broken must be declared to a referee. All unconnected zones broken due to the alliance break will be lost.

Feedback

You are strongly encouraged to feedback in the ruleset forum.

makoho
07-25-2010, 06:26 PM
Newbian , 50 mage for Erudite Leader!

Otto
07-25-2010, 06:45 PM
Halfling Mayor
Electoral Candidate maddpierrot - Character: Otto

Fixed: my bad.

BeepBeep
07-25-2010, 07:20 PM
Beep, 50 Mage Gnome

Spud
07-25-2010, 07:23 PM
+1 candidate for Mayor of Rivervale

Sarkhan
07-25-2010, 07:35 PM
I understand what the leaders do, but what are the "Royalty" people for?

Kraftwerk
07-25-2010, 07:40 PM
Mayor of Rivervale

Possibly the one public office below being Mayor of Detroit.

Vote for Kraftwerk, I'll lead our Dark Elvish armies on a warpath never before seen on Norrath. We'll command the commonlands and dominate the deserts as we extend our control across Antonica and subjugate all races we come in contact with! The Glory of Neriak will reign supreme, and all Halflings will be exterminated.

Kraftwerk
07-25-2010, 07:41 PM
I understand what the leaders do, but what are the "Royalty" people for?

Royalty is a flavor word for leader, such as there is a "Mayor" or Rivervale, Wood Elf "Champion", Dark/High Elf "Royalty". They are all merely flavor for the term leader.

Holey
07-25-2010, 07:49 PM

Vote for Kraftwerk, I'll lead our Dark Elvish armies on a warpath never before seen on Norrath. We'll command the commonlands and dominate the deserts as we extend our control across Antonica and subjugate all races we come in contact with! The Glory of Neriak will reign supreme, and all Halflings will be exterminated.

^ sounds like war! LOL!

Sarkhan
07-25-2010, 07:58 PM
Royalty is a flavor word for leader, such as there is a "Mayor" or Rivervale, Wood Elf "Champion", Dark/High Elf "Royalty". They are all merely flavor for the term leader.

Thanks!

Danne
07-25-2010, 08:02 PM
Paolo - Human.

mixxit
07-25-2010, 08:20 PM
Paolo - Human.

No need to list it here just goto the site register and fill in your profile details of your race, level, etc :-)

Itzlegend
07-25-2010, 09:47 PM
Itzlegend - Dark Elf

utenan
07-25-2010, 10:19 PM
What do you spend resources on?

Otto
07-25-2010, 10:23 PM
backing down of the mayor running, didn't think any other halflings would step up but yay!

Nedala
07-26-2010, 04:34 AM
@Everyone who keeps posting here with name and race:

YOU NEED TO REGISTER HERE: http://worldwar.gamerservices.net/ for the pvp world war!!

dont forget to change your race after you registered or you will be listed as human (even if you picked a different race at registration) ;)

mixxit
07-26-2010, 09:22 AM
<3

mixxit
07-26-2010, 09:47 AM
What do you spend resources on?

It costs you resources to engage in combat.

If say you are the leader of the dark elves and you decide it is time to crush Freeport you will need to pay for your troops.

If on your team you have like 3 level 50's some level 40s and level 20s you'd have to pay the cost

50 + 50 + 50 + 40 + 20 = 210 supply line resources to engage in combat

The maximum you are allowed to spend is 700 so it keeps both opposing armies balanced. It also means early on lower level players will be beneficial :-)

Holey
07-26-2010, 10:07 AM
It costs you resources to engage in combat.

If say you are the leader of the dark elves and you decide it is time to crush Freeport you will need to pay for your troops.

If on your team you have like 3 level 50's some level 40s and level 20s you'd have to pay the cost

50 + 50 + 50 + 40 + 20 = 210 supply line resources to engage in combat

The maximum you are allowed to spend is 700 so it keeps both opposing armies balanced. It also means early on lower level players will be beneficial :-)

^ classic <3

mixxit
07-26-2010, 10:49 AM
Current Version: 0.01b

-----------

Voting

You must give your vote to an official Referee in game. See the referee page.

You can only vote once.

You can vote for yourself.

You can only vote for your race.

If a tie occurs another vote will take place. This does not stop the game from starting. Your race will suffer from having no leader and being unable to move troops leaving you open to attack.

Deployment

A leader may move his troops only 1 zone per turn and in any direction. He may move as many troops as he likes - ie leave 2 at home, move 3 north and 4 east.

Yes dungeons can be taken by a race (any zone can).

To completely wipe out another race you must take control of all of the zones in their city. Ie for freeport this would be 3 zones. For Rivervale it would be one.

A leader of an army may only deploy his troops to an adjacent occupied zone.

If the zone is contested the next day a battle will commence between the forces involved.

An army may spend no more than 700 points deploying his troops in a battle zone.

If an army is deployed in a zone that is not contested they will automatically take it the following day.

Alliances may 'leap-frog' over a zone with no battle if it belongs to an ally during that turn. However they must still pay the movement cost of one day. If their alliance is broken any unconnected zones will be lost.

Resources

Each zone secured by a race will generate 50 supplyline resources per day which may be used to initiate battles.

Every battle allows for you to spend up to a maximum of 700 supplyline resources.

Moving troops between zones is currently free.

Alliances

Alliances may be declared once a races army reaches an adjacent tile to the race in question. It takes 1 day for an alliance to be configured. You must declare the alliance to a referee.

Alliances take one day to break. Alliances broken must be declared to a referee. All unconnected zones broken due to the alliance break will be lost.

When a zone is contested a battle is refereed by an Official Referee. Each zone has it's own specific Game Type associated with it. Like capture the flag, defend the fortress, rescue the damsal. The winner of the battle takes the zone.

Feedback

You are strongly encouraged to feedback in the ruleset discussion thread (http://worldwar.gamerservices.net/groups/official-world-war-group/forum/topic/ruleset-discussion/).

mixxit
07-26-2010, 10:59 AM
A special page for propaganda from all races has been set up - hopefully more will come soon!

http://worldwar.gamerservices.net/propaganda

Phallax
07-26-2010, 11:41 AM
Phallax signed up and ready to rumble!

Vote for Phallax, Barbarians will NOT lose our Northern lands!

dravyen
07-26-2010, 04:07 PM
Pls. join me in the slaughtering of our enemies by electing me to dark elf royalty.

50 wizard

Trimm
07-26-2010, 05:58 PM
Bah, looks like I'll be reinstalling for this... go go mediocre Halfling Rogue damage.

mimixownzall
07-27-2010, 02:21 AM
Mimix - Erudite

mimixownzall
07-27-2010, 02:24 AM
Oh, I also have an issue with damage.

It is capped where you can only do like 60% of someones max health. So, if I nuke a nube who has 100 hps, it will only do 60 dmg.

This was added long after SoL. They added this because wizards were logging in/getting out of the bazaar once an hour to go one-shot someone with mana burn thinking they had skill.

Can you guys change it back?

Phallax
07-27-2010, 02:47 AM
Oh, I also have an issue with damage.

It is capped where you can only do like 60% of someones max health. So, if I nuke a nube who has 100 hps, it will only do 60 dmg.

This was added long after SoL. They added this because wizards were logging in/getting out of the bazaar once an hour to go one-shot someone with mana burn thinking they had skill.

Can you guys change it back?

PvP needs fixed all around, skills and attacks are dumbed down in damage atm. And it always did full dmg for awhile.

mixxit
07-27-2010, 06:41 AM
PvP needs fixed all around, skills and attacks are dumbed down in damage atm. And it always did full dmg for awhile.

This was one of the reasons for developing the PoTime CTF event. PVP events help with PVP feedback :)

mixxit
07-27-2010, 06:50 AM
Some stats:

Over 110 people have signed up for the war

Electoral Candidates:

Human Royalty
Electoral Candidate iamjack - Character: Jack

Barbarian Clan Leader
Electoral Candidate laledorm - Character: Laledorm
Electoral Candidate phallax - Character: Phallax

Erudite Lord Inquisitor
Electoral Candidate twofiddy - Character: twofiddy
Electoral Candidate bobby2da3rd - Character: Newbian

Wood Elf Royalty

High Elf Royalty
Electoral Candidate ainaden - Character: ainaden

Dark Elf Royalty
Electoral Candidate swishahouse - Character: Koota

Half Elf President
Electoral Candidate supremacy - Character: Supremacy

Dwarven King

Troll General

Ogre Overlord

Halfling Mayor
Electoral Candidate spud - Character: spud

Gnome Royalty
Electoral Candidate nalkin - Character: Nalkin
Electoral Candidate beepbeep - Character: Beep Beep

Force Sizes:

Human: 13
Barbarian: 9
Erudite: 7
Wood Elf: 11
High Elf: 13
Dark Elf: 19
Half Elf: 5
Dwarf: 6
Ogre: 5
Halfling: 7
Gnome: 8

Jify
07-27-2010, 08:02 AM

YOU NEED TO REGISTER HERE: http://worldwar.gamerservices.net/ for the pvp world war!!

dont forget to change your race after you registered or you will be listed as human (even if you picked a different race at registration) ;)

Can't actually log in on the website to register. :(
Is there some trick to registering, or is the site just borked? :(

Jify
07-27-2010, 08:05 AM
Half Elf President

Is it too late, or could I also apply for Half Elf leader.

;D

Aandolaf
07-27-2010, 04:22 PM
Can't believe more people aren't signing up for this

Agaron
07-27-2010, 04:37 PM
Agaron - Human

bakkily
07-27-2010, 08:25 PM
Olafr Konungr 45 shaman-Barbarian

Rage will be supreme from the North!

utenan
07-27-2010, 09:21 PM

This!!
We need more barbarians btw, 8 is a puny number! need to discuss our tactics and strategies as well, leader candidates step up!

eqaddict
07-27-2010, 11:50 PM
Xail - Troll

Tseng
07-28-2010, 12:13 AM
Xail - Troll

really?

HippoNipple
07-28-2010, 12:51 AM
Can't actually log in on the website to register. :(
Is there some trick to registering, or is the site just borked? :(

I couldn't get it to work either, that site is horrible, and already made me give up on the event.

I will be red though and attacking whoever I can in the zones.

Tseng
07-28-2010, 01:05 AM
I couldn't get it to work either, that site is horrible, and already made me give up on the event.

I will be red though and attacking whoever I can in the zones.

Did you click the confirmation email? Other than that I can't see what would prevent a retarded monkey from registering.

HippoNipple
07-28-2010, 09:32 AM
I hit create an account, put in all my information with email adderss, hit complete. Goes back to home page, without being logged in. Every time i hit log in it just takes me to home page and nothing changes. I never got an email confirmation.

HippoNipple
07-28-2010, 09:41 AM
Bam I found the email in my spam folder - pretty lame that the site doesn't give you a prompt to verify email when you try to log in before hand. Whoever made it should change that cause its weak sauce.

bakkily
07-28-2010, 07:58 PM
We need more barbarians!

Spud
07-28-2010, 08:58 PM

Your going to pay for that one, dark elf SCUM!

mixxit
07-31-2010, 07:47 AM
Don't forget to get your votes in before the end of Sunday!

eqdruid76
07-31-2010, 08:13 AM
Question.

Is Kunark nearly ready for launch? Quests working? Pathing correct? Bugs ironed out?

Phallax
07-31-2010, 10:55 AM
Question.

Is Kunark nearly ready for launch? Quests working? Pathing correct? Bugs ironed out?

God forbid the GMs do something fun!

Tseng
07-31-2010, 11:30 AM
Question.

Question.

Are you still a whiny pussy? Wait, I guess that was just answered.

eqdruid76
08-01-2010, 01:26 AM
Question.

Are you still a whiney pussy? Wait, I guess that was just answered.

fixed.

eqdruid76
08-01-2010, 01:27 AM
God forbid the GMs do something fun!

I see your love affair with me is still in full bloom.

Just asking a a simple question. And it wasn't a question geared toward you.

bakkily
08-01-2010, 01:50 AM
As far as kunark I believe its going to be released in October. Not too sure. So far I still have plenty to accomplish.

Phallax
08-01-2010, 01:54 AM
I see your love affair with me is still in full bloom.

Just asking a a simple question. And it wasn't a question geared toward you.

gotta love being full of yourself dont you

Uaellaen
08-01-2010, 02:42 AM
gotta love being full of yourself dont you

well if you jizz in your own mouth every day you have no choice but to be full of your self!

eqdruid76
08-01-2010, 05:04 AM
Gotta love being full of yourself, don't you?

Fixed.

mixxit
08-01-2010, 06:22 AM
Off topic by far

Zordana
08-01-2010, 06:26 AM
someone just delete all this crap?

eqdruid76
08-01-2010, 06:36 AM
Off topic by far

/agree.

Would you mind answering my question though?

mixxit
08-01-2010, 06:39 AM
I have no clue, not even the ones who are working on it know and even if it was 'finished' we still wouldn't know :-)

mixxit
08-01-2010, 06:43 AM
GREETINGS NORRATHIANS!

THE INAUGURATIONS OF THE RACIAL LEADERS SHALL BEGIN MONDAY AT 11PM GMT IN GAME!

LET THE CELEBRATIONS AND FAN FARES SOUND ALL ACROSS NORRATH AS YOUR RACES ARE LEAD INTO A NEW ERA OF PROSPERITY AND EXPANSION!

For those who are yet to vote, today is your last day. Be sure to place your ballot with the official referees by the end of Sunday (GMT)

We would personally like to thank all who have taken part in the election, it's propaganda campaigns and the down right skulduggery to get people to vote!

eqdruid76
08-01-2010, 08:22 AM
/scratches head.

So you're a developer, but you're not even on the loop on the development of the next expansion for this classic server?

I'm just confused, I guess. Are you developing your own custom content server that's totally seperate from Project 1999? Because that's what the majority of what we, the players, see you developing.

I promise I'm not trying to be a dick. I'm just trying to figure out if this is going to continue to be a classic server or not. I'm also trying to figure out if we're ever going to see Plane of Sky, let alone Kunark or Velious. I would much rather see that than....well.....whatever it is you're developing....

Nedala
08-01-2010, 08:30 AM
ng.

I promise I'm not trying to be a dick.

you fail at it

ANY post i see from you is trolling, you deserve another ban.

eqdruid76
08-01-2010, 08:39 AM
you fail at it

ANY post i see from you is trolling, you deserve another ban.

You've got your facts wrong, sport. I've never been banned.

And you might wish to retool your personal definition of trolling. Disagreeing with you is not trolling. Calling people out for being jerks is not trolling. Asking a developer why they're developing custom content for a classic server is not trolling. It's actually a fair question.

mixxit
08-01-2010, 08:46 AM
Actually you are trolling and yes you are on my old servers user list so you know what I have been involved with in the past.

Aside from when you're being a dick, be sure to read post one in a thread before you comment.

Also you need to make use of the search function if you want to find out about Kunark development. We will release it when we are happy it's ready, which it's not.

Please adhere to the forum rules and sheesh, a bit of patience and no derailing threads for whatever your purpose is.

eqdruid76
08-01-2010, 08:58 AM
No need to take the offensive, I didn't mean to strike such a nerve. Again, I was simply asking a question. Thank you for your response.

Also, thanks for calling me a dick.

Zordana
08-01-2010, 10:55 AM
I need some help with the MAP!
You dont really have to be good, in fact its enough if you have installed Photoshop or any software which can open PSD files :P

http://moestaverne.com/racewarhelp/
Check this link for more informations! Thanks in advance!

Phallax
08-01-2010, 03:05 PM
You've got your facts wrong, sport. I've never been banned.

And you might wish to retool your personal definition of trolling. Disagreeing with you is not trolling. Calling people out for being jerks is not trolling. Asking a developer why they're developing custom content for a classic server is not trolling. It's actually a fair question.

No but as soon as you asked about Kunark in a Wrold PvP thread, that was trolling and being far off topic. To me and Im sure everyone else it looked like you got your panties in a bundle because the GMs are trying to do something fun rather than spend 100% of their time on RoK, so for that sir, you were being a dick and disrespectful.

Noleafclover
08-01-2010, 04:43 PM
Swear I clicked human when I set it up. Oh well, no leader for me.

eqdruid76
08-02-2010, 04:04 AM
No but as soon as you asked about Kunark in a world PvP thread, that was trolling and being far off topic. To myself, and Im sure to everyone else, it looked like you got your panties in a bundle because the GMs are trying to do something fun rather than spend 100% of their time on RoK, so for that sir, you were being a dick, and disrespectful.

All fixed.

I don't have a problem with developers having fun. I don't have a problem with developers shairing their brainstorms with the playerbase. And truthfully, I don't even have a problem with a developer spending the majority of their time and resources on developing custom content for implementation on what is supposed to be a classic server. And I'm perfectly willing to ignore the dichotomy of goals we seem to have here. Everyone else seems to. If people would rather have an election and custom PvP games in The Plane of Time before they have a playable Kunark, then so be it.

Once again, I simply asked a question. I got an answer to that question, got called a dick by a developer, and a very sorry attempt at trolling from Phallax out of the bargain. All in all, I think we've beat this dead horse long enough.

utenan
08-02-2010, 06:35 AM
There is no content being developed for this event, it is just that, an event, unless I am somehow horribly mistaken : p And for the PoT pvp thing, wasn't that implemented so that pvp mechanics could be worked on? I mean that in itself wasnt classic, but its not like it was a permanent thing.

Taluvill
08-02-2010, 08:11 AM
Taluvill - Half Elf.

Taluvill
08-02-2010, 08:20 AM
This world will burn.

...starting with the midgets.

Hahaa

mixxit
08-02-2010, 08:34 AM
Greetings everyone.

Voting has now ended and the ballots are being counted by the halflings. Tonight, at 11pm GMT the official leaders of the races shall be announced. We urge you all to be present in the east commonlands at this time.

stormiejs
08-02-2010, 09:13 AM
Will be fun to see things start coming together!

mixxit
08-02-2010, 09:30 AM
Ok the Halflings have now counted the votes and the leaders have been decided. The announcement will be tonight at 11pm (GMT) in the tunnel!

Phallax
08-02-2010, 10:46 AM
All fixed.

I don't have a problem with developers having fun. I don't have a problem with developers shairing their brainstorms with the playerbase. And truthfully, I don't even have a problem with a developer spending the majority of their time and resources on developing custom content for implementation on what is supposed to be a classic server. And I'm perfectly willing to ignore the dichotomy of goals we seem to have here. Everyone else seems to. If people would rather have an election and custom PvP games in The Plane of Time before they have a playable Kunark, then so be it.

Once again, I simply asked a question. I got an answer to that question, got called a dick by a developer, and a very sorry attempt at trolling from Phallax out of the bargain. All in all, I think we've beat this dead horse long enough.

I think you fail to know what trolling is, you sir, are the troll here.

Zordana
08-02-2010, 12:59 PM
I think you fail to know what trolling is, you sir, are the troll here.

you guys are all so pathetic.. its far away from being funny anymore ..