PDA

View Full Version : WAR Q's

Dragonmist
09-30-2013, 11:10 PM
So on P99 for Warriors.

Softcap exist for AC?
Stats is it still AC>HP
Any ratio conversion for AC to HP?
Do you really need Procs for aggro or DPS weapons work fine?

Rhambuk
10-01-2013, 10:01 AM
ac doesn't work here. go for all out hp.

proc weapons are your #1 bet but sometimes its still better to have a high dps, depends on what you can get your hands on

Estu
10-01-2013, 10:50 AM
ac doesn't work here. go for all out hp.

Not true; recent parses have shown that AC works. The question is whether it is as strong as it was ten years ago, and what tradeoff there should be between AC and HP. The consensus seems to be that HP is more important, but AC is also useful.

Rhambuk
10-01-2013, 11:27 AM
Not true; recent parses have shown that AC works. The question is whether it is as strong as it was ten years ago, and what tradeoff there should be between AC and HP. The consensus seems to be that HP is more important, but AC is also useful.

ahh, been outta the game for a while last i knew it didn't do much.

It definitely isn't accurate, i wouldn't focus on ac i think a war would have plenty of ac with planar/cobalt. To give up an hp item for a pure ac item would be a bad idea imo.

Elements
10-01-2013, 01:29 PM
So on P99 for Warriors.

Softcap exist for AC?
Stats is it still AC>HP
Any ratio conversion for AC to HP?
Do you really need Procs for aggro or DPS weapons work fine?

Last I recall there is a softcap.

Depends what you are doing if you want more ac or hp.

From my experience high dps weapons and haste will perform better than proc weapons until you can start proccing ykesha (37?). But really just get a support or someone to root the mobs if you are having threat issues and proximity tank. 50+ you will want proc weaps.

pasi
10-01-2013, 02:18 PM
I would't completely abandon AC, but HP is definitely superior for Warriors.

Defensive cuts into the benefit of reducing an average DI while HP becomes that much stronger due to defensive.

At least in Kunark, spell damage is a very large component of damage intake - whether that be Dargons.

Above all, your goal is to live between CHeals (take damage spikes)- not minimize damage taken. HP is much better for that.

Realistically, you're not making many decisions about HP vs AC until augmentations (at which point, healing has undergone lots of changes that make AC more favorable than it was before).

Go with AC on the visible slots and HP on your jewelry and such.

Dragonmist
10-01-2013, 08:32 PM
Thanks guys.

So what would benefit a pure tank the most? and what setting raid,group?
HP>STA>AC or is there a better stat to stack or focus on?

Arteker
10-01-2013, 09:01 PM
Thanks guys.

So what would benefit a pure tank the most? and what setting raid,group?
HP>STA>AC or is there a better stat to stack or focus on?

as war? DEX-HP-STA-AC.

that or ask group members to root mobs and facetank it.