PDA

View Full Version : put a stop to lvl 1 training

utenan
07-19-2010, 11:38 AM
So while defending the good people of the EC tunnel and freeport, I had an idea that could apply to these zones, or every zone, to stop lvl 1s from training. Gms can take a while to get to petitions, and then people can just get a new IP, so I figure there should be an in game mechanic that could put a stop to these people, and I had a really simple idea for it.

In these zones, anyone who is under level 10, who casts on a mob over level 25, or 30, gets instantly nuked for a massive amount of damage. every trainer ive ever seen just casts on some guards, or slate, and runs to wherever people are. They can do it without sow. I can't see many flaws with this idea. No one at that level should for any reason be attacking anything that high, unless they wanted to train. The only problem that I can see is that they could grab a sow, and maybe run by and get aggro that way, in that case, maybe something else could be done??

Hopefully people have some better ideas, or can at least build upon mine, but i for one am tired of seeing these people log on our server, which the devs and everyone have worked hard to make it a great place, and try to cause people misery (trying to get trainers banned in game atm). Im really frustrated about this, the same person has been training for days now it seems, if they are getting banned, its not their IP, or if it is they are just getting a new one. So fire away with ideas / criticism, whatever : D

azeth
07-19-2010, 11:40 AM
I can just imagine an anti-noob-train measure such as "death touch" being given to Slate to be used when aggro'd by anyone under lvl 30.

"YOU ARE NOT WORTHY!" *death touch - but seriously, notgonnahappening.

it is really annoying though, griefers are just the most confusing sort of players. they benefit none from messing with you except for LOL's IRL, so you already know nothing you say/do will stop the issue.

lose/lose :(

Kambris
07-19-2010, 11:49 AM
Gagg the gnome: trainer of Slate, harbinger of misery, and apparently... he also has a rather profound distaste for cannabis, and is profoundly negative conversationalist. Whoever this guy is, please don't even speak to him unless you get a kick out of somebody making you feel like shit.

It makes me so angry knowing people like this even exist. How do they sleep at night knowing they are so pathetic?

utenan
07-19-2010, 11:51 AM
Gagg, Frohike, Theresa, seems to be the same person every time, must be something that can be done.....

utenan
07-19-2010, 11:52 AM
I can just imagine an anti-noob-train measure such as "death touch" being given to Slate to be used when aggro'd by anyone under lvl 30.

"YOU ARE NOT WORTHY!" *death touch - but seriously, notgonnahappening.

it is really annoying though, griefers are just the most confusing sort of players. they benefit none from messing with you except for LOL's IRL, so you already know nothing you say/do will stop the issue.

lose/lose :(

Anyone under level 10 , hell 5 for that matter, takes a while to get past 5 : D and you have to hit him first, but yeah I could see why it would never be implemented though

Aeolwind
07-19-2010, 11:58 AM
I know who it is, he tried aim bombing me lol. If you frequent the forums you know who it is as well.

BeelzeBob
07-19-2010, 12:05 PM
Or don't sit around afk in the tunnel thinking you are somehow entitled to safety?

Oogmog
07-19-2010, 12:07 PM
Yeah, Frohike just tried to do it to me as well. Asked for an invis (Was going to OOT) at gates, he runs over, invites to group.. nukes a guard(should have been paying attention so my fault) and he dies at my feet. Luckily I'm high enough they didn't hurt too bad, but if it was a lower war, that would have sucked.

Kambris
07-19-2010, 12:07 PM
Hey look it's Frohike!

I know I shouldn't let this crap get to me... but... ugh. :mad:

http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/5955/eq000011.th.png (http://img837.imageshack.us/i/eq000011.png/)

Overcast
07-19-2010, 12:08 PM
I know who it is, he tried aim bombing me lol. If you frequent the forums you know who it is as well.

The urinal dude? :eek:

Enderenter
07-19-2010, 12:11 PM
Frohike just trained a guard onto the players at the orc camp in EC, for what it's worth.

Oogmog
07-19-2010, 12:11 PM
I tried to bait him into admitting to training and he wouldn't, so if he's trying to conceal that part of me thinks he's afraid to suffer an account ban/IP ban. Just my two cents.

Enderenter
07-19-2010, 12:16 PM
Someone should make a blacklist thread that people are added to, (with the proper proof - pics etc) so these people are ignored server-wide. Once they aren't getting any attention they will get bored very fast. Or the easier solution, banhammer.

Overcast
07-19-2010, 12:19 PM
Someone should make a blacklist thread that people are added to, (with the proper proof - pics etc) so these people are ignored server-wide. Once they aren't getting any attention they will get bored very fast. Or the easier solution, banhammer.

Think a big part of the issues is people making new accounts to be ass-hats - then logging on their main and acting like they are all cool or tough or whatever.

In spite of the pain it could be, account approvals before being able to login, might end up being needed :(

Heck, even if it was automated. Problem is new people who want to play right away.. I guess.

Kambris
07-19-2010, 12:26 PM
I don't think a process such as account approvals would be necessary. It would just be a minor inconvenience to the entire population (or at least newcomers) enforced because of a handful of jackasses that ruined it for everybody. We may as well tell them, "Hey, you won."

Just keep banning these kinds of people and eventually they will all tire out and go somewhere else.

Overcast
07-19-2010, 12:34 PM
I don't think a process such as account approvals would be necessary. It would just be a minor inconvenience to the entire population (or at least newcomers) enforced because of a handful of jackasses that ruined it for everybody. We may as well tell them, "Hey, you won."

Just keep banning these kinds of people and eventually they will all tire out and go somewhere else.

You would think so - yeah.
Odd how people with that mentality can sometimes be persistent.

But you know... it begs the question 'why'?

I suppose one's life must be pretty bland and boring if that's the way they need to get their kicks.

So I can take comfort in the fact that my life isn't so utterly droll and boring that griefing isn't a source of entertainment, lol.

Yoite
07-19-2010, 12:34 PM
I think this is a good idea really. I mean if a lvl 1 nukes a lvl 50 guard hes gonna die anyways, might as well just DT him before he can train the guards on people.

Overcast
07-19-2010, 12:35 PM
I think this is a good idea really. I mean if a lvl 1 nukes a lvl 50 guard hes gonna die anyways, might as well just DT him before he can train the guards on people.

Can you make NPC's summon anyone 20 levels under them? Problem would fix itself in short order.

MrSquirrelbane
07-19-2010, 12:43 PM
Your death touch idea has some merit. Question though... can you DT through Divine Aura? The few times that I've been level 1 trained @ Efreeti in Sol B it has been by a level 1 cleric using Divine Aura. Solution to this has been to be in a group with enough DPS to clear the entire area of mobs every spawn cycle. If BnB is also camped its pretty hard for them to gather up enough mobs for a decent train.

Yoite
07-19-2010, 12:49 PM
DA and similar spells will soak up a HT but i don't think there is anyway to avoid DT. Otherwise it would be a lot easier to farm AoNs on live.

Yoite
07-19-2010, 12:51 PM
but damn, lvl 1 cleric using DA to train sol b camps...thats hard core greifing right there lol.

Maidikament
07-19-2010, 12:57 PM
So, good reason to do like Mithaniel Marr server were doing, all trading were in North Freeport. Evil can go to sewer, there was many place to hide. and for other race, well at least a bank is available.

And for sucker who train Evil race, well its alot harder to survive to a pull inside town since u cant run straight head, so except if u get a sow, u will prolly die before u train someone.

I never really understand the point why people like trading in a area where no banker.

Kambris
07-19-2010, 01:05 PM
I never really understand the point why people like trading in a area where no banker.

Because it's CLASSIC mannnn. :p

Hive
07-19-2010, 01:07 PM
You could just change all npc factions in ec to beta neutral or whatever it is that makes you non kos but still retains "won't deal with one such as you" message. Similar to bubar ect.

Seems easier than making him summon or death touch and it prevents other npc's from being exploited (pally).

Messianic
07-19-2010, 01:08 PM

Me either. I typically preferred to trade in Gfay for that reason - a lot of evil races do Crushbone to improve Kelethin factions...

Dantes
07-19-2010, 01:38 PM
Part of being evil. I've died in the EC tunnel before. I wasn't paying attention. Shit happens. Now I stand somewhere else when I go AFK.

Toony
07-19-2010, 01:48 PM

Relatively quick access to Neriak and Freeport.

Izzni
07-19-2010, 03:03 PM
If EQ emulator charged a $1 forum account creation fee I bet the problem would be much reduced.