PDA

View Full Version : Low 20s Quests?

Rastignac
09-27-2013, 01:24 PM
Feel like I'm posting too many advice requests, but if anyone has any good level 20-25 quests they'd like to shout out, here is the forum. We are an adventure-oriented group so we don't care too much about min/maxing.

My crew is composed of a Necro, Mage and Enchanter. All level 20. We also have a shaman who is around 18. I was thinking of doing Rod of Insidious glamor for our chanter, which brings us to Guk. Any other ideas? I guess we are too low to do my mage focus quests.

Cheers all.

loramin
09-27-2013, 01:31 PM
Testament of Vaneer might be a good one for the shammy; so might the Paw of Opola, but I think that one's a bit high for you right now.

I'm no good with int caster quests though.

Weekapaug
09-27-2013, 02:01 PM
I'm a bit fuzzy but pretty sure around that level you can at least get started with your sol ro temple quests especially with 3 people and that group makeup.

I'm jealous, by the way...I've always been curious about running that trio but couldn't ever get any of my friends on board.

Rastignac
09-27-2013, 02:14 PM
Thanks. It's a total blast, by the way. We were trioing red mammoths last night no problem. Three pets - a skellie, a water elemental and a mammoth calf. With the shammy heals, buffs and sow we will be pretty much invincible!

Gadwen
09-27-2013, 03:03 PM
Can't think of many quests off the top of my head but going to guk is probably a good idea, can get your sol ro mask from scryer and also the rod. Scryer also drops the +3 int bracelets, if you guys can hold the camp for a few hours you should all get at least one.

Vohl
09-27-2013, 04:49 PM
The Enchanter can certainly do the Stein of Moggok quest for himself and his buds.

In Kurn's Tower, there's a quest for a neck item they might all find handy.

Journeyman Boots might just barely be possible for them as well, if they use SoW potions and kite with pets pounding the AC.

With some added help, camp the Priest of Najena in Unrest and score some decent cloaks for all three with that quest. The priest is a real bear for three 20s, but with a full, solid group including a higher level tank, you can probably pull this off.

Nubben
09-27-2013, 04:52 PM
With the enchanter along it should be easy enough to do the Stein of Moggok quest for all three INT casters. As far as the mage focus items go, I think they would be doable with your group. The only items you would really need to fight for are the Torch, Broom, etc. from Najena. The rest of the items needed for the focus item quests can be found pretty easily just by vendor diving on NPC vendors.

SCB
09-27-2013, 06:06 PM
Above quests are all awesome, but if you're looking to park somewhere and grab some xp as well, the gnolls/orcs in Highpass Hold each have quests associated with them that give really solid xp in the mid-20s.

Clark
09-28-2013, 07:59 AM
Should be able to jewelcraft a ton of items for everybody. Xp is definitely the most important thing above all else though.

webrunner5
09-28-2013, 05:50 PM
Should be able to jewelcraft a ton of items for everybody. Xp is definitely the most important thing above all else though.

Yeah, good point on the jewel crafting Clark.

Rastignac
09-29-2013, 12:25 PM
All great calls. Thanks again guys.

Masq
09-30-2013, 01:14 PM
What about exp quests?

1-20 can be like orc belts/shoulder pads and gnoll teeth, what's next after that?

fadetree
09-30-2013, 01:27 PM
bandit sashes in WK pretty good.

loramin
09-30-2013, 02:34 PM
Bandit sashes are awesome.

After that there's Tanned Skin Parchments (or Scrolls, or whatever the heck they're called) from Splitpaw. Four of them (which is the most you can have) are worth about a quarter of a level.

Masq
09-30-2013, 03:00 PM
A quarter of a level?? That's nuts. How rare are they?

Never heard of bandit sashes, I'll have to look into it

loramin
09-30-2013, 03:41 PM
Approximately that; I just turned some in recently, but they were half turned in during a hell level (35) and half not, so I can't say exactly how much exp they give.

As for rarity, they're not too common (maybe one in six or one in seven gnolls will drop one), but because they are lore (and there's only four different ones) people leave a lot of them to rot. If you just check by the spires outside Splitpaw every so often you can eventually collect all four without even killing a single gnoll (which is great if you're lower level and hunting in the area).

But since gnolls are great exp from 31 or 32 on, you'll probably want to kill them yourself :) And then the gnolls inside Splitpaw drop them too of course (and Splitpaw, which is often empty, has an exp bonus).

SCB
09-30-2013, 06:54 PM
If you can stay alive, Splitpaw is amazing xp, and really fun.

loramin
09-30-2013, 07:51 PM
Just to respond to the "If you can stay alive part", which is totally true of Splitpaw itself, it's worth mentioning that there are 5 gnoll spawns outside Splitpaw which are much safer (they just don't get the extra EXP bonus).

Of course, because they are safer they are also a lot more popular ...