PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Dwarf Skeleton - BBM

mmiles8
07-19-2010, 12:24 AM
Every time I get attacked by one of these as I port into BB I tell myself I'm going post this. These should not aggro like normal undead do. They're correctly scowling, but they would never attack unless attacked first. This also applies to the dwarf skeletons slightly to the east, at the undead tower.

Five of these spawn in set points at the druid ring in BB. None of them will aggro until attacked, and none will help each other. No other critters spawn in the area, so you can sit and heal right next to one of these without fear. (http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=182&page=1&howmany=50#msg5219)

Jiece
07-19-2010, 02:24 AM
Im 100% these didnt aggro in original EQ. Im about 99% sure the dwarf skeletons con'd indifferently.

senaelen
07-19-2010, 02:52 AM
Hey sorry to burst your bubble but we already brought this into argument, the devs said that even though it isnt classic here the skeletons will
"actually work" the same applies to bards, which I think is crap, the server is supposed to be classic eq, and thats not a rule.. and they even know it, two things that arent classic. Still an excellent server though.

mmiles8
07-19-2010, 11:48 AM
You are referring to skeletons that were supposed to be hostile, not aggroing because they were green. This is a completely different issue. These skeletons are not supposed to aggro at all, regardless of their con level. (unless attacked)

nilbog
07-19-2010, 01:47 PM
Sena, I have not commented about this issue. If you cannot link something, refrain from answering for us.

Firstly, there have been discrepancies with research about "decaying" skeletons. Some newbie areas had scowling decaying skeletons and others had indifferent. I do not know which areas these were in.

The skeletons in question are around the BB druid rings I presume? The "dwarf skeletons". My research leads me to believe they should not be aggressive *and* also con indifferent as noted on this page.

http://web.archive.org/web/20030117230800/eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=182
Dwarf skeletons are excellent hunting for a lower level character. They are non-agressive and do not attack on sight. I suppose dead dwarves are just more relaxed than dead humans.So, easily fixed unless some other evidence is provided. I assume they should still be killed by the guards in the zone, if they were trained that far?

the devs said that even though it isnt classic here the skeletons will
"actually work" the same applies to bards, which I think is crap, the server is supposed to be classic eq, and thats not a rule.. and they even know it, two things that arent classic. Still an excellent server though. Actually the last thing I said about bards was this:
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showpost.php?p=57686&postcount=5

Itchybottom
07-19-2010, 05:03 PM
Those dwarf skeletons attacked my druid on live when I got ring of butcher, but some where down the road they stopped attacking. (pre-Kunark, no Paineel, but Manastone no longer dropped is around when I hit level 40.) Maybe they didn't follow typical undead kill everything rules, and acted more like regular NPC? Guards in butcherblock did nothing to help you when you were being attacked by a dwarf skeleton (*as a wood-elf druid, I'm not sure how they would have reacted to a dwarf.) That was my first bit of nerdrage in EQ in fact, dragging a decaying dwarf skeleton to a guard and it killing me right at the guards feet like nothing was happening. Was the same for decaying gnome skeletons in Steamfont. Watchman Halv or whatever his name is would just stand there like nothing was happening. I also tend to recall the dwarf skeleton at the top of the slope by the druid ring would attack my troll friends (both shamans) if they sat down.

Also, the only decaying skeletons that should be scowling, are the gnomes and dwarves. The rest, until newbie armor went into the game causing the Nektulos decaying skeletons to scowl (I always thought that was unfair) were always indifferent, and social. But whatever, it's all anecdote because no one bothered to keep this information archived somewhere. It's just bits and pieces making it difficult to not just run a "custom" EQEMU server.

mmiles8
07-19-2010, 06:41 PM
Those dwarf skeletons attacked my druid on live when I got ring of butcher,

The allakhazam comment that I posted is from 2000. The quote that nilbog posted are from 2003. I levelled my cleric on them in 2001. We are talking about 8 very specific static spawn "Dwarf Skeletons", not the roaming decaying dwarf skeletons, those are hostile. At no point in that span of time were the static spawns hostile. They were not added with the newbie armor quests, they were there from the start.

The skeletons in question are around the BB druid rings I presume? The "dwarf skeletons".

Yep, and the 3 or 4 at the big yellow tower to the east.

I assume they should still be killed by the guards in the zone, if they were trained that far?
They're pretty far from the guards, I never made it there to find out.

*and* also con indifferent as noted on this page.

Evidence > memory. They may very well have been indifferent.

Itchybottom
07-19-2010, 07:09 PM
The allakhazam comment that I posted is from 2000. The quote that nilbog posted are from 2003. I levelled my cleric on them in 2001. We are talking about 8 very specific static spawn "Dwarf Skeletons", not the roaming decaying dwarf skeletons, those are hostile. At no point in that span of time were the static spawns hostile. They were not added with the newbie armor quests, they were there from the start.

Was my post that confusing? I am referring to the druid ring skeletons, and the tower (at port in point, you head left from there.) I was only referencing the decaying skeletons because it too was in the thread. They were DEFINITELY KOS when I was a low level druid in '99. No idea when it changed, they just stopped attacking me at one point.

Reiker
07-19-2010, 09:05 PM
Nilbog bro why you delete my post.

nilbog
07-19-2010, 09:18 PM
It provided nothing to the thread.

mmiles8
07-20-2010, 12:08 AM
They were DEFINITELY KOS when I was a low level druid in '99.
it's all anecdote because no one bothered to keep this information archived somewhere.

Generally speaking, if it happened, there's evidence out there (http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5570). Whether it be documented in a comment, referred to in a patch note, etc.

Telin
04-24-2023, 10:59 PM
Currently both are indifferent. Here are some Luclin-Era con's from Mccoy's logs. This is what I remember.

[Wed Mar 13 20:52:06 2002] a decaying dwarf skeleton regards you indifferently -- You could probably win this fight.

[Sat Sep 14 01:55:00 2002] a dwarf skeleton regards you indifferently -- You could probably win this fight.