PDA

View Full Version : Necromancer Research Needed (not the tradeskill) for accurate Wiki Entries

Uteunayr
09-26-2013, 11:28 AM
Greetings all! As some of you know, I have been working over the past month to bring the Necromancer wiki page up to date, and standardize the information there in a way that is easily accessible, and beneficial for all users.

However, in going through the spells, I have noticed a few issues that I alone cannot figure out. I know how they can be, but I need some help from my fellow necromancers on this.

First big thing is Pet Levels. Many of the pet level pages list a static number of the pet being summoned. We all know this is false, because virtually every necromancer has summoned a pet, it been a light blue, reclaimed it, and recast for a dark blue. This suggests that there is level variance in pets. I need help figuring out what level variance each pet has. So, if you get a chance, find some low level players (around the approximate level of the pet), and ask for their help. Get them to con your pet as you summon a series of them, and figure out the low/high range for the pet, so the information can say "Summon skeletal warrior, level 28-30" for example. I am aware that the pet guide lists a range, but it would be nice to have confirmation on that level range from someone who has tested it. I have found a number of errors as it is.

Second thing is Magic Resistance from Shielding. The Shielding spells provide a good amount of Magic Resistance to the caster. However, the earlier versions of these spells do not report any. I have cast these myself and found an upper range of MR (as cast by a 60 Necromancer), but I do not know the MR amount for a low level Necromancer that just got the spell. So, if you're a low level Necromancer, and you just got a shielding spell, please record your Magic Resistance, cast the Shielding Spell, record your adjusted Magic Resistance, and then figure out the difference between those numbers. I have tried to /who, but being in graduate school has limited my playtime, and I have been unable to find people that are minimum casting level to check for me.

Thanks all, I'll post anything else that I find the wiki to be lacking.

Do you find the wiki lacking in something else, but can't get it done yourself? Please, say so here.

Uteunayr
09-26-2013, 11:34 AM
You know what, it probably wouldn't hurt to check the low end HP/AC numbers on the Shielding Spell line while you're at it with MR. God knows these spell entries have been horrendously wrong in the past. Pretty much all the high end AC values have been wrong so far.