PDA

View Full Version : WTS Rubicite Breastplate

barrelrider
07-18-2010, 07:38 PM

kenzar
07-18-2010, 07:43 PM
lol i wouldnt pay 3.5k for an extra 3hp regen/tick, let alone 35k lol. i dont see that attraction with this item, big deal it doesnt drop anymore, its trash. cant wait for kunark when fungi's/iksar ceremonial chestplates drop, then we can officially say goodbye to this trash gear

barrelrider
07-18-2010, 08:00 PM
u mad or something? no reason to post here unless your interested. 35k is the market value, dont like it? too bad

kenzar
07-18-2010, 08:06 PM
Not mad, confused. Why is 35k the market value for a mediocre item. 3hp/tick is a drop in the bucket at high end. leading me to believe that this bp is only useful at low end, in which case its not worth the 35k price tag seeing as how it will be bag trash at higher end. if im missing something let me know, but right now paying 10k+/1hp tick is ridiculous.

Enderenter
07-18-2010, 08:22 PM
It's a twink item primarily, and also will not drop anymore. On live it was very rare (as I'm sure it is on this server) and that's why it is worth so much.

Wait till Fungi comes out, and runs at 150-200k plat. (guessing)

hueylewis187
07-18-2010, 09:12 PM
I have two on my 50's and they still LOVE THEM!

one example 50 cleric with manastone or skele mask + rubi bp = healed/rezedfaces

melee class with massive downtime for hp regen. cut in half.

Kunark will change things, but still never drops again. rubi and fungi always drop. Got that rare item value to it also.

kenzar
07-18-2010, 09:36 PM
3hp/6sec
30hp/60sec
60hp/120sec

Every 2 minutes u get one extra click on your manastone...thats not worth the 35k this item sells for. as for rare item value, i have a super rare rusty mace im willing to sell for 5k if u are interested in very rare items with value.

Plus wouldnt a cleric with a manastone just stone down to <60hp and then CH, wash, rinse, and repeat for mana ?

hueylewis187
07-19-2010, 12:31 AM
I personally like to just have the call of bones on my cleric. than the rubi keeps my hp almost full while i get the extra mana for free pretty much. In a raid or group I wouldn't want to go down below 60hp :) with mobs around at least.

You must not have a rubi bp . Or you must never solo on a melee. Or you don't have a bard to stack chloro + 2 hp songs + rubi ; )

Phallax
07-19-2010, 12:53 AM
Rubi BP is arguably the best shaman BP in classic, gtfo scrub you have 0 clue what youre talking about

no reason to shit up someones thread, if you dont like the price dont buy it that simple

Pyrocat
07-19-2010, 03:24 AM
3hp/6sec
30hp/60sec
60hp/120sec

Every 2 minutes u get one extra click on your manastone...thats not worth the 35k this item sells for. as for rare item value, i have a super rare rusty mace im willing to sell for 5k if u are interested in very rare items with value.

Plus wouldnt a cleric with a manastone just stone down to <60hp and then CH, wash, rinse, and repeat for mana ?

You're either retarded or trolling.

It's the only bright red plate that will ever be on this server, and it's usable by chain classes. That means that even after Kunark comes out (and inevitably lowers the market value for Rubi BP), it will still be expensive and will only to continue to rise in price as the server grows older. The limited number of Rubicite BPs on this server will only go down as people quit.

35k might seem high if you look at it *purely* based on stats, but with 3hp/tic regen, it's still arguably a decent price because no other item has hp regen right now.

kenzar
07-19-2010, 02:04 PM
It's the only bright red plate that will ever be on this server, and it's usable by chain classes. That means that even after Kunark comes out (and inevitably lowers the market value for Rubi BP), it will still be expensive and will only to continue to rise in price as the server grows older. The limited number of Rubicite BPs on this server will only go down as people quit.

When Kunark comes out this will be a bank ornament, something to link to people when u are bored. The functionality of this item will be reduced to 0 as soon as Ceremonial Iksar Chestplates(+5hp/6sec) and Fungus Covered Scale Tunics(+15hp/6sec) start being sold.

35k seems like a good chunk of change to drop on an item that will be rendered useless by the time the next expansion hits. Who cares if it isnt dropping in the game anymore? Who cares if its red, black, blue, or gold. The only thing i look at when buying gear is the functionality, and this bp will be trash by kunark. I remember on live, when kunark had been out for a while u couldnt get rid of a rubicite bp to save your life, and if someone did manage to sell out it was for a stupid cheap price (IE iksar bp on my server was around 7k, rubi bp went for 3-5k.) I for one wouldnt drop 35k on an item that in less than a year (hopefully) will depreciate in value that much.

People can spend their plat however they want, but the safe bet is to level up, and as soon as kunark comes live go hit up old sebilis and trak's teeth. Get yourself a regen bp thats not going to be outdated ever...

Just my two cents, im not a shaman or a melee, but i have to say the economics are universal. If u have hundreds of thousands of plat to throw around then by all means by all the rubi bp's, it wont matter to you. otherwise id say save that cash for a real investment.

Walabaego
07-19-2010, 02:14 PM
You just don't understand the Epic Value of the Rubi BP :(

kenzar
07-19-2010, 02:15 PM
You just don't understand the Epic Value of the Rubi BP :(

Guess not :p

VincentVolaju
07-19-2010, 02:37 PM
The only thing i look at when buying gear is the functionality

Your not the rest of the server. If the majority of the server is willing to pay 35k for it, then thats what the item is worth.

Malrubius
07-19-2010, 03:34 PM
lol i wouldnt pay 3.5k for an extra 3hp regen/tick, let alone 35k lol.

Then...don't?

Phallax
07-19-2010, 03:55 PM
When Kunark comes out this will be a bank ornament, something to link to people when u are bored. The functionality of this item will be reduced to 0 as soon as Ceremonial Iksar Chestplates(+5hp/6sec) and Fungus Covered Scale Tunics(+15hp/6sec) start being sold.

35k seems like a good chunk of change to drop on an item that will be rendered useless by the time the next expansion hits. Who cares if it isnt dropping in the game anymore? Who cares if its red, black, blue, or gold. The only thing i look at when buying gear is the functionality, and this bp will be trash by kunark. I remember on live, when kunark had been out for a while u couldnt get rid of a rubicite bp to save your life, and if someone did manage to sell out it was for a stupid cheap price (IE iksar bp on my server was around 7k, rubi bp went for 3-5k.) I for one wouldnt drop 35k on an item that in less than a year (hopefully) will depreciate in value that much.

People can spend their plat however they want, but the safe bet is to level up, and as soon as kunark comes live go hit up old sebilis and trak's teeth. Get yourself a regen bp thats not going to be outdated ever...

Just my two cents, im not a shaman or a melee, but i have to say the economics are universal. If u have hundreds of thousands of plat to throw around then by all means by all the rubi bp's, it wont matter to you. otherwise id say save that cash for a real investment.

Thats like saying FBSS will be obsolete when Kunark comes out because of hangmans noose and sash of the dragon born so im not gonna pay 12-14k for it now!

Where does your arguement end with any item currently available? Rubi BP doesnt drop anymore making it a sought after item by many, the only regen item in game currentl, only red BP currently, and a great twink and shaman BP. You sir are a moron.

No one know when Kunark will be released, hell it could be another year from now for all we know.

Enderenter
07-19-2010, 04:07 PM

It's funny that you say the economics of this are universal. Did you play on live servers? Rubi BP was far more than 35k, never lost value as it got rarer (actually continued to go up in value - almost certainly faster than the rate of inflation of plat). It got to the point where Rubi BP was an incredibly rare item.

No one is saying it is better than Fungi or anything close to that. The fact is, however, that it was worth more than Fungi on live. And there were probably a lot more of them on live than on this server. (though I don't know how many were farmed on here before it was removed as a drop)

Messianic
07-19-2010, 04:09 PM
Even if an individual only had 35k to throw around, if they place more value in the cosmetics of the Rubi BP over the functionality that the same amount of pp would buy in terms of more functional goods, then that's that.

Arguing about it is about as inane as arguing about the best color for a mousepad. Let's stop hammering this guy's sale post - although the bumps are probably good for business ;P

barrelrider
07-19-2010, 04:12 PM
Please continue people, but BP is sold.

Enderenter
07-19-2010, 04:15 PM
Sorry, it just bothers me that someone would come on here and tell him his item is not worth what he is asking. If he thinks that, he should just not buy it. Items are worth what the market will bear, and as has been proven historically, Rubi BP is worth a lot.

I don't even know the seller, I just get annoyed when people try to dissuade others from buying items. (sorry for the hijack, seller)

Glad to hear it.

azeth
07-19-2010, 05:37 PM

arguement over?

^ fact