PDA

View Full Version : Has there ever been a talk from developers on the idea of a fresh server?

shuklak
09-20-2013, 11:11 PM
I played here briefly a some year or two ago, and I'm considering coming back if I can recall my passwords.

But I was wondering if the devs have ever said one way or another whether a fresh blue server would ever launch.

:)

Tecmos Deception
09-20-2013, 11:35 PM
Who else has that avatar on these forums? I know I've seen it around, but you haven't been posting in like 2 years.

And no, the devs have never really said anything about another blue server.

Guttzs
09-20-2013, 11:48 PM
Actually not a bad idea

shuklak
09-20-2013, 11:48 PM
I cropped that out from another game called Kingdoms of Camelot...

Tasslehofp99
09-21-2013, 02:23 AM
A great idea but one that will most likely wait till a while after velious is out.

Shit it would be awesome to start a new server with actual rules and without the extreme oversaturation of loot due to like 3years of kunark.

Servellious
09-21-2013, 04:09 AM
Would love a new server like this but that followed the timeline a bit closer

ncapatina
09-21-2013, 04:16 AM
Would love a new server like this but that followed the timeline a bit closer

Assuming you mean the timing of the releases...

There is an incredible amount of work that goes into building the expansions, that's why it took longer than on live. Just think of how much effort a single quest takes on the development end, figuring out the NPCs involved, what turn ins they will accept, quest dialogue, faction hits, rewards, etc...and multiply it times dozens if not hundreds.

Don't be so excited to get to Velious, that's the last stop on this train. Once Velious is out the server is frozen in time!

Tasslehofp99
09-21-2013, 04:39 AM
Assuming you mean the timing of the releases...

There is an incredible amount of work that goes into building the expansions, that's why it took longer than on live. Just think of how much effort a single quest takes on the development end, figuring out the NPCs involved, what turn ins they will accept, quest dialogue, faction hits, rewards, etc...and multiply it times dozens if not hundreds.

Don't be so excited to get to Velious, that's the last stop on this train. Once Velious is out the server is frozen in time!

I think most of us want to think that p99 is more of a "test" run for whats to come. When velious is.released and the kinks are worked out, I imagine another server would open with a classic timeline. That is however a long way off, but I for one can't wait to play real classic everquest with legit timeline and rules. So here's to hoping for a p99 2.0 when the time is right.

Estolcles
09-21-2013, 05:36 AM
Yeah, first Veilous will come out, but it will be a long long road ahead of fixes to make Veilous correct. Unknown quests won't work right, NPCs will have spawn rates to be worked out as well as pathing in some cases. Then there's the character issue changes that come into play.

It'll be working for the most part when it's released, but there's still gonna be issues. Hell, they still occasionally have issues with original world quests and NPCs.

A new blue server with proper timeline is further off than is even being hypothesized on here.

Happyfeet
09-21-2013, 07:55 AM
A great idea but one that will most likely wait till a while after velious is out.

Shit it would be awesome to start a new server with actual rules and without the extreme oversaturation of loot due to like 3years of kunark.

Exactly, can we finish this one first? ok thx

quido
09-21-2013, 08:21 AM
actual rules

more backhanded RnF from Tasslehof in Server Chat

Swish
09-21-2013, 08:50 AM
If P99 is a "test run" then you're talking about a finite period where the new blue server will shut down at the end of Velious...to be replaced again with another new one? No? Oh...