PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Melee wont work

xerc
09-20-2013, 08:19 AM
Starting about 36 hrs ago, melee has been bugging out, but according to GMs its just me . So, i am at a loss. They said to try here. I wil quote some of my petition thread below.

For th first 12 plus hrs, i couldnt melee at all depspite reboots and all that. Then, ifound switching to another toon, melee once with them, and coming back to my main would make me melee once or twice.

During this time, there were 3-4 occasions where i cast spells on MOBs and it said they took dmg, but did not.

Main big is melee... it flashes and all but i just do not hit the mob!
thread from petition:
-------
When i try to use melee, there is visual indication (red box) that melee is engaged, but it does not actually engage. Maybe 1/20 times... for example, last time about 10-15 seconds after i got right behind a mob at tried to melee I began attack

I have rebooted my computer, the game, etc... multiple times.

All help is appreciated!

No idea. This hasn't happened to any other player. Try making a bug report with video of the events happening.

------------------------------------
anyway, please let me know what you think

below is a video as instructed by Ambrotos
the video is only so long bc i want to show all, and when i get back melee actually works like 5 times, which is the most it has worked in the last two days/36 hours
my commentary is in the chat box
[vid removed]

thanks!!

Xerc(character name), PvE

Barkingturtle
09-20-2013, 08:31 AM
I had this happen to me the other day, too. I guess I'm lucky, though--I just relogged and it was fixed.

Tecmos Deception
09-20-2013, 08:33 AM
Sounds like some kind of connection issue.

Can you interact normally with the game in other ways? Tradeskill combines? Sense heading skillups? Can you cast spells on yourself or other players?

xerc
09-20-2013, 10:05 AM
Sounds like some kind of connection issue.

Can you interact normally with the game in other ways? Tradeskill combines? Sense heading skillups? Can you cast spells on yourself or other players?

yes, all else seems normal. all of the above works as it should.

even though i think a power flash already reset my router a lil earlier, im going to go unplug it for a while.

xerc
09-20-2013, 11:29 AM
i turned off power to modem, router, pc for a while... melee randomly works, usually does not. slightly better. but not by much. this is so odd.

think that reinstalling eq titanium might work?

xerc
09-20-2013, 03:25 PM
Update:

If i target a mob, turn on attack, and approach it nothing happens, BUT if i keep attack on and target another mob and walk up to it melee engages.

or, alternatively, i can target a mob, turn on attack, wait a couple seconds, target another one, and then target back to first and i attack,.

does this help in any way, or is this still a mystery?

EDIT: i can even target a corpse or even myself. so when im playing, i press attack, select mob, select myself, then select the mob again. otherwise, no attk.
thank you

xerc

Thulack
09-20-2013, 03:50 PM
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=89584&highlight=can%27t+attack

In short delete your Character and UI_character ini files.

xerc
09-20-2013, 04:55 PM
nice, thanks!

Im searching the directory and not coming up with those files. Could you point me towards them? If they arent there... what would i do?
Windows search is terrible but i searched for all sorts of variants in my install dir.

Thulack
09-20-2013, 05:05 PM
in your EQ folder the files will be called (yourtoonname)_project1999 and UI_(yourtoonname)_project1999