PDA

View Full Version : wiz or nec

captnamazing
09-15-2013, 07:22 PM
I want a solo class. I see Necros being awesome. I also love the idea of Wizards. Which should I play and why?

Lojik
09-15-2013, 07:42 PM
Wizards can solo well from 29-55ish. Necros can solo well 1-60. If thats all that matters to you go necro.

Loli Pops
09-15-2013, 10:51 PM
Having played both. Necro is more fun.

Estu
09-16-2013, 08:53 AM
Necros are better soloers. Wizards are more useful in raids. Wizards are very boring to play, whereas necros can do a lot of cool stuff. If you just want to have a fun time soloing, go necro.

captnamazing
09-17-2013, 04:06 AM
necro it is mother huggers

Potus
09-17-2013, 04:38 AM
Necro so much better at solo'ing. Also when dot stacking gets implemented have fun giving Wizards a run for their money on raids :)

Gurbuuk
09-17-2013, 04:58 AM
Necro so much better at solo'ing. Also when dot stacking gets implemented have fun giving Wizards a run for their money on raids :)

Any idea when dots will be implemented? During velious?

Gurbuuk
09-17-2013, 04:59 AM
Any idea when dots stacking will be implemented? During velious?

Lojik
09-17-2013, 09:46 AM

You mean...in Luclin? People will be waiting a while.

Potus
09-17-2013, 05:10 PM
You mean...in Luclin? People will be waiting a while.

I swear it was during Velious but yeah the patch info says Luclin?

It's sad, it should be in the game at launch, it was a bug that lazy Verant never got around to fixing because necros were whipping boys.

Uteunayr
09-17-2013, 11:06 PM

It's sad, it should be in the game at launch, it was a bug that lazy Verant never got around to fixing because necros were whipping boys.

Patch info says Luclin. I was a very sad panda.

What Velious gives us, I believe, is stacking Darkness and Roots. So we can root rot with darkness on our target. So damn useful.

Morningbreath
09-18-2013, 06:12 PM

Try kiting without snare, fear, lich and a pet. Then you'll know what it's like to be the whipping boy of a lazy developer.

Besides less downtime, necros are better soloers because they can set up shop and solo just about anywhere. A good necro has a wealth of knowledge about soloing dungeons and towns--layout, spawns, patrols, respawn times, aggro radius, mob resistances, etc. Even indoor fearkiting becomes an option once you've cleared out a large enough area.

Autotune
09-18-2013, 06:24 PM
Patch info says Luclin. I was a very sad panda.

What Velious gives us, I believe, is stacking Darkness and Roots. So we can root rot with darkness on our target. So damn useful.

Yeah, luclin. However, hopefully after Velious runs it's course and Nilbog is satisfied he will implement dot stacking for necromancers, considering it really should be a thing.

NegaStoat
09-18-2013, 10:56 PM
Numerous people making DPS characters might very well have selected a rogue, or a monk, or a mage or a Wizard when they considered that P1999 would hit Velious and no further for expansion content. This means it was understood that Luclin content wouldn't be added (not part of the "classic" expansion content), and DoT's would never stack.

If the decision to make DoT's stack from similar spells was put in as a "this is how it should have been measure", it's certain to generate some heated and mixed reactions for sure. Because Necros became incredible DPS engines overnight (for raids) once that was patched in.

Yeah, I'll agree that other classes still performed exceptionally well, but it was with the understanding of leveling / time consumed / difficulty being compared directly between classes as well. Necros got a HUGE shot in the arm.

Lopretni
09-19-2013, 06:30 AM
Yeah, luclin. However, hopefully after Velious runs it's course and Nilbog is satisfied he will implement dot stacking for necromancers, considering it really should be a thing.

This is absolutely nothing official, but on stream I believe Sirken said that the team wasn't planning to stop after Velious, though he was adamant that didn't mean Luclin was coming after or anything like that. So it makes sense to me that they'd go away from patch notes and just continually update shit that needs to be fixed. Who knows?

frogsplz